Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

keithisco

4 hours ago, spud the mackem said:

Looking at the book titles on offer ,I have one which is Good ,  Its Title is....1000 years of annoying the French , by Stephen Clarke .

You really find the French annoying?

1 minute ago, hetrodoxly said:

Nothings happened yet?

...stop drinking, okay!

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

...stop drinking, okay!

Tell me what's happened? at this moment in time we're still in the EU, the economy's going well, we're doing better than most of the EU, unemployment is at an all time low, the Government and opposition are a disgrace but something is being done about that and hopefully soon but go a head and explain what you claim to be true. 

5 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

Tell me what's happened? at this moment in time we're still in the EU, the economy's going well, we're doing better than most of the EU, unemployment is at an all time low, the Government and opposition are a disgrace but something is being done about that and hopefully soon but go a head and explain what you claim to be true. 

As a globalised economy what has our success even got to do with ourselves anymore?

The world economy determines how we do not Brexit.

Another Sunday another Andrew Marr interview..

Remainers of the Lib Dem variety make themselves look even more desperate and idiotic...

Is this supposed to be a modern and edgy approach .... :unsure2:

Sir Vince Cable seems to think because the word has a 'long and distinguished history'...
it's perfectly ok to use it in the title of the Lib Dems EU election manifesto - 
Well the C word also has a (distinguished) long ancient history from more goddess centred times..
but I don't think that would be acceptable to use in a political manifesto either, nowadays....

perhaps the Lib Dems should have gone further down the road they are travelling and 
entitled their manifesto... B to the Cs who voted to Leave... that would be nice wouldn't it.. .. ^_^

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/andrew-marr-apologises-viewers-vince-cable-b******s-to-brexit-on-air/

Asked if he was embarrassed over the slogan, Sir Vince responded: “I’m not in the least bit embarrassed. It made it absolutely clear that we’re about stopping Brexit.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bee said:

B to the Cs who voted to Leave...

:D you just given him his slogan for the general election :D

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Yes I do, they have nothing to offer Gt .Britain , and are now doing their utmost to be as difficult as possible , during the Brexit negotiations . but when we leave they will have no rights to fish within our waters , their car and wine exports will have a sharp drop ,among other things. They may pretend to like us but have not got over Waterloo , and Trafalgar , and  we helped them twice to avoid speaking German. Rule Britannia buddy.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Theresa May the coward has said if MP's back Her EU Withdrawal Agreement (treaty) Bill, (the one that's been defeated three times already)  then MPs will get a vote on whether to hold another referendum.

Any Tory voter in two minds if they should vote Tory or Brexit as just had their minds made up for them. surely worth a few million more voters for the Brexit Party on Thursday.

Serious questions now need asking as to Theresa Mays mental state.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

She talks about honouring the result of the referendum and in the same breath she allows MPs to vote on a second referendum.  She keeps contradicting herself.  It is beyond ridiculous.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Bit late on that one. 

On 5/19/2019 at 9:06 PM, RabidMongoose said:

On 5/20/2019 at 5:50 PM, spud the mackem said:

Yes I do, they have nothing to offer Gt .Britain , and are now doing their utmost to be as difficult as possible , during the Brexit negotiations . but when we leave they will have no rights to fish within our waters , their car and wine exports will have a sharp drop ,among other things. They may pretend to like us but have not got over Waterloo , and Trafalgar , and  we helped them twice to avoid speaking German. Rule Britannia buddy.

I think you both misread the title of that book: its 1000 years of us, the British, annoying the French. Not how annoying we find them. Its not a great book, mildly entertaining, but plays fast and loose with history for a few cheap laughs. The sort of thing you should keep stacked in the bathroom for when things are taking a while, and/or when you run out of loo roll....

Also, spud, in what way are the French making things difficult for us? They had to be begged to not kick us to the kerb last time LINO wanted an extension. The French almost gave you brexiteers what you [claim you*] wanted when nobody else would. The only thing that stopped them was LINO on her knees, cap in hand, jaw wobbling with terror; the French couldn't bring themselves to kick that puppy, even whilst she was widdling on their carpet out of fear...

On 5/20/2019 at 7:51 AM, bee said:

Another Sunday another Andrew Marr interview..

Remainers of the Lib Dem variety make themselves look even more desperate and idiotic...

Is this supposed to be a modern and edgy approach .... :unsure2:

Sir Vince Cable seems to think because the word has a 'long and distinguished history'...
it's perfectly ok to use it in the title of the Lib Dems EU election manifesto - 
Well the C word also has a (distinguished) long ancient history from more goddess centred times..
but I don't think that would be acceptable to use in a political manifesto either, nowadays....

perhaps the Lib Dems should have gone further down the road they are travelling and 
entitled their manifesto... B to the Cs who voted to Leave... that would be nice wouldn't it.. .. ^_^

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/andrew-marr-apologises-viewers-vince-cable-b******s-to-brexit-on-air/

"oh no! Somone used a naughty word! how naughty of them!"   Silly Snowflake  ^_^

13 hours ago, stevewinn said:

To be fair to LINO actually managing to make things worse is an almost superhuman achievement. I can't think of anyone else who could have made it worse. that, presumably, will be her legacy...

*I still don't believe for a minute that when you get the brexit you've been demanding that it will turn out to be what you wanted. Pretty much none of the alternatives please all brexiteers  and none of them solve any of the problems you imagine Britain faces...

Has she gone yet?

Or will she survive yet another day? lmao

Edited by RabidMongoose

12 minutes ago, Torchwood said:

"oh no! Somone used a naughty word! how naughty of them!"   Silly Snowflake  ^_^

yeah.... next thing we'll have Remain supporting Peers of the Realm rapping about the
joys of the authoritarian EU and it's centralized power.... to try and get more of the Yoof vote.... :innocent:

Strong leaders do not compromise.  What would British history look like if we did!

'This was our finest hour'

Churchill

churchill.png

1 hour ago, Torchwood said:

*I still don't believe for a minute that when you get the Brexit you've been demanding that it will turn to be what you wanted. Pretty much none of the alternatives please all brexiteers  and none of them solve any of the problems you imagine Britain faces...

They'll get it alright - but when they do they'll blame everybody else but themselves for the negative outcome. Trouble is Brexit's adverse impact on Britain will be suffered most by those least able to endure it. The most vocal Brexiteers will laugh all the way to the bank anyway. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

They'll get it alright - but when they do they'll blame everybody else but themselves for the negative outcome. Trouble is Brexit's adverse impact on Britain will be suffered most by those least able to endure it. The most vocal Brexiteers will laugh all the way to the bank anyway. 

You do realise our economy is doing well at the moment relative to the EU major economies?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brexit party flying in the latest polls. Brexit party 38% Lib Dems on 19%. Labour 12% Tories 7%.

Theresa May the gift that keeps on giving.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

You do realise our economy is doing well at the moment relative to the EU major economies?

The fundamentals of our economy are sound. If you wanted to leave the EU then no better time than now. Eurozone sluggish. Anti EU Parties on the rise across the continent.

17 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

The fundamentals of our economy are sound. If you wanted to leave the EU then no better time than now. Eurozone sluggish. Anti EU Parties on the rise across the continent.

May is just about to get savaged at 1pm GMT today over here latest Brexit Deal attempt. Its live on Sky News.

I predict she will quit after.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Theresa May the gift that keeps on giving

I guess her plan, in so far as she has a coherent plan, is to try and scare mps into voting for her deal with the "threat" of the Brexit party doing well tomorrow. A last ditch effort to get it thru, and simultaneously pull the rug out from under Farage's feet...I don't fancy her chances.

3 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

predict she will quit after.

She doesnt know the meaning of the word "quit"...its one of a large number of words she doesnt know the meaning of; other examples include "leave" and "brexit"...

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Torchwood said:

I guess her plan, in so far as she has a coherent plan, is to try and scare mps into voting for her deal with the "threat" of the Brexit party doing well tomorrow. A last ditch effort to get it thru, and simultaneously pull the rug out from under Farage's feet...I don't fancy her chances.

She doesnt know the meaning of the word "quit"...its one of a large number of words she doesnt know the meaning of; other examples include "leave" and "brexit"...

I think you might find there is about to be a change of rules this evening followed by a vote of no confidence in her leadership.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

I think you might find there is about to be a change of rules this evening followed by a vote of no confidence in her leadership.

momentum growing that she'll resign tonight. (we'll see)

anyway.

D7J-tKfXYAEGFgw.jpg:large

based on poll, possible number of seats won.

• TBP .... 30 ..... (+30)
  • LAB .... 8 ..... ( -9 )
  • LDEM .. 14..... ( +13 )
  • GRN ..... 7 ..... ( +4 )
  • CON ..... 1 ..... ( -16 )
  • UKIP ..... 0 ..... (-22)
  1. Brexit Party - 37%
  2. Lib Dem - 19%
  3. Lab - 13%
  4. Green - 12%
  5. Con - 7%
  6. Change UK - 4%
  7. UKIP - 3%

D7J-c2CXsAAdz3R.jpg:large

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

momentum growing that she'll resign tonight. (we'll see)

anyway.

D7J-tKfXYAEGFgw.jpg:large

based on poll, possible number of seats won.

• TBP .... 30 ..... (+30)
  • LAB .... 8 ..... ( -9 )
  • LDEM .. 14..... ( +13 )
  • GRN ..... 7 ..... ( +4 )
  • CON ..... 1 ..... ( -16 )
  • UKIP ..... 0 ..... (-22)
  1. Brexit Party - 37%
  2. Lib Dem - 19%
  3. Lab - 13%
  4. Green - 12%
  5. Con - 7%
  6. Change UK - 4%
  7. UKIP - 3%

D7J-c2CXsAAdz3R.jpg:large

Today FM have reported she is resigning. Is that confirmed or not, can not find any news online.

Edited by danydandan
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Today FM have reported she is resigning. Is that confirmed or not, can not find any news online.

Nothing official yet, some might think it is better for her to wait until EU election results are known and she can then take responsibility for those before falling on sword. ;)