Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

keithisco

2 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

Nothing official yet, some might think it is better for her to wait until EU election results are known and she can then take responsibility for those before falling on sword. ;)

We might not get to know the UK results until Sunday. as other EU member states vote at the weekend.

can you remember if this happened last time?

2 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

We might not get to know the UK results until Sunday. as other EU member states vote at the weekend.

It is Sunday for results I think, exit polls should be available earlier though. 

• Thanks 1

news on timing for 2nd reading of W A.

Michael FabricantVerified account

The Government Whips have decided that the 2nd Reading of the Withdrawal Agreement Bill will be on Friday 7th June hoping ministers can be forced to vote for it and that backbenchers of all parties will not be there as Thursday and Friday was when they were scheduled to be away.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

Yes, its only us voting tomorrow, the other countries are on following days.

Final polling day is Saturday.

• Thanks 1

Andrea Leadsom has resigned. Its the 36th Resignation under Mays Leadership. firmly putting May as the worst PM in our illustrious History. First PM/Govt to be found of holding parliament in contempt. First PM to suffer the most defeats of any sitting Govt, including the biggest defeat in the HoC. and still she goes on, just think she couldnt get the backing of her own party so crossed the floor to try and get Labours support. i've said it once and i'll say it again sheer desperation in trying to get the WA voted through, she's signed us up to something.

The writing is on the wall. 

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is a must see vid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, danydandan said:

Today FM have reported she is resigning. Is that confirmed or not, can not find any news online.

A few weeks ago she told the chair of the 1922 Committee that she would voluntarily step down as leader during the 'next phase' of the Brexit negotiations.  Today Jeremy Corbyn told the House that she only has "days" remaining.  This Friday she will discuss her future at the 1922 Committee.  The Guardian posted this today:

The Guardian

'There is now widespread speculation Theresa May could announce her date of departure as early as Friday when she is due to meet Sir Graham Brady, chair of the backbench 1922 Committee.'

She might cling on a few more days and make a statement on Sunday/Monday when the EU results are released.  This could trigger her immediate resignation and a leadership contest.

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

This is a must see vid.

2 hours ago, bee said:

enjoy ... :tu:

Why isn't this shown on the BBC? sorry i forgot it doesn't represent at least 50% of the population.

• Like 2

let's hope ---- really hope ----- all the people and officials handling and counting and transporting 
the ballot boxes are honest and that no election rigging or fraud takes place...

Come On the Brexit Party !!!!

:yes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bee said:

let's hope ---- really hope ----- all the people and officials handling and counting and transporting 
the ballot boxes are honest and that no election rigging or fraud takes place...

This is the UK, not Uganda :D 

We don't have significant voter fraud.. at least, not in regard to manipulating ballot boxes. 

We DO have fraud relating to husbands voting on behalf of their wives (or at least, intimidating them into completing postal votes on their behalf). But that is limited to one type of community, and is not thought to be that widespread. (or at least, nobody publicly criticises them for it). 

• Like 1

Chairman of the 1922 Committee has just announced that Theresa May must announce her resignation plans tomorrow, or he will call for a No Confidence vote on her leadership.

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

We don't have significant voter fraud.. at least, not in regard to manipulating ballot boxes. 

We DO have fraud relating to husbands voting on behalf of their wives (or at least, intimidating them into completing postal votes on their behalf). But that is limited to one type of community, and is not thought to be that widespread. (or at least, nobody publicly criticises them for it). 

Well, if a vote had been taken in Uganda or any 3rd world Country and the outcome not implemented by the government the BBC and their ilk would be making programs about the lack of democracy in that country, maybe the UN should have sent in monitors to oversee our elections. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

well I've been and placed my X in The Box marked The Brexit Party. 

looks like a low turn out in my area. around about 30% @ 19:00

8 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

Chairman of the 1922 Committee has just announced that Theresa May must announce her resignation plans tomorrow, or he will call for a No Confidence vote on her leadership.

Didn't think they could yet? Didn't they just lose one at the back end of 2018?

8 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

Well, if a vote had been taken in Uganda or any 3rd world Country and the outcome not implemented by the government the BBC and their ilk would be making programs about the lack of democracy in that country, maybe the UN should have sent in monitors to oversee our elections. 

Wasn't an election, this is our democracy :sleepy:

Also, come up with a new line. You're boring. 

11 hours ago, bee said:

Err...postal votes go via Russia .

Here's another one:

This elderly gentleman served in the British armed forces for 22 years.

Today he was manning a Brexit Party polling station when he was attacked & had milkshake thrown all over him. All because he wants the result of a democratic referendum to be honoured.—Piers Morgan

Could someone explain this stupid milkshake meme? Perhaps one of our anti-Brexit friends understands it.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Here's another one:

This elderly gentleman served in the British armed forces for 22 years.

Today he was manning a Brexit Party polling station when he was attacked & had milkshake thrown all over him. All because he wants the result of a democratic referendum to be honoured.—Piers Morgan

Could someone explain this stupid milkshake meme? Perhaps one of our anti-Brexit friends understands it.

I saw that about the elderly man and it was a disgrace... 

as for weaponized milkshakes... I wonder if it's supposed to be a coded thing for calling someone a racist and supporter of white supremacy.. ... we haven't had a chocolate flavoured milkshake chucked at anyone yet...

I wish that the person throwing the milkshake would be grabbed hold of and literally have their noses
rubbed in it..

but I expect the person doing that would be arrested... even though out of the 4 milkshakes thrown at Tommy
Robinson, Carl Benjamin, Nigel Farage and now the war veteran guy... only the one who did it to Farage has
been arrested... (to my knowledge)

Edited by bee

That's what I was thinking. Milk? It's white, innit! Milk is evidence of White supremacy! :wacko: 

22 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

I hope you are right... but I can't help remembering the rather suspicious broken down lorry episode
(carrying ballot boxes) in the 2015 general election.... when the result of the South Thanet vote  was
delayed for hours and Nigel Farage came second.... although he was kind of expected to win....
it all seemed a bit too convenient - it may have been a strange coincidence and sequence of events...
but... 

a question to ask oneself is.... if they could cheat would they - and when it comes to anything related
to Brexit or anything that can seriously rock the status quo....IMO,  the answer is yeah they would,
if they thought they could get away with it..

so that's why the integrity of the result depends on the honesty of all those involved... ?

Edited by bee

22 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

he's only just noticed that no one has any confidence in her?