Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

keithisco

Are we heading for an early General election?  Is each party expected to propose the following:

Brexit Party - No Deal

Conservatives - Boris's deal

Labour - 2nd referendum - Corbyn deal

Lib-Dems - 2nd referendum - Revoke Article 50

46 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

Are we heading for an early General election?  Is each party expected to propose the following:

Brexit Party - No Deal

Conservatives - Boris's deal

Labour - 2nd referendum - Corbyn deal

Lib-Dems - 2nd referendum - Revoke Article 50

The clock is still ticking down, if the bill is pulled tonight then its no deal or extension, there is no time to hold an election before 31 oct.

It was suggested that a state of emergency could be triggered by Boris and parliament sidelined.

Not too hard to justify the decision, just need to regurgitate all the project fear quotes used previously by remainers and say there is a danger of some problems and it is to stay in control during a no deal transition.   ;)  

The quicker the people can show their gratitude to this parliament the better. WTO. Brexit.

3 hours ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

The clock is still ticking down, if the bill is pulled tonight then its no deal or extension, there is no time to hold an election before 31 oct.

It was suggested that a state of emergency could be triggered by Boris and parliament sidelined.

Not too hard to justify the decision, just need to regurgitate all the project fear quotes used previously by remainers and say there is a danger of some problems and it is to stay in control during a no deal transition.   ;)  

You really are getting desperate if you think that would work. 

The courts have been pretty clear in their rulings on illegally sidelining parliament. 

A few tweets just come in from Tusk and EU journalists.  Looks like a short extension is preferred.

media1.png

2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

The crazy Brexit roller coaster is at it again lol.

Parliament vote for delay due to MPs lack of confidence in their own competence. The EU 27. Read understood and individually agreed to the Amended Withdrawal agreement within 24 hours. UK MP's. Have had the agreement for three days. But we all know its about frustrating the will of the people creating a false Impasse. Where the only solution is in line with their political way. 

Look how they fear the ballot box. This shower of ****e cannot run away forever. Our day will come, and what a day it will be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Setton said:

You really are getting desperate if you think that would work. 

The courts have been pretty clear in their rulings on illegally sidelining parliament. 

The court didn't like the proroguing of parliament but it did not look at any other method or rule on it. The French were seriously considering the use of emergency powers during the yellow jacket protests, and that situation, according to remainers, is nowhere near as bad as a no deal brexit.

It would be ironic if the apocalyptic predictions used by remainers was turned against them in the last few days before brexit day. ;)

They all have to agree to another extension!  :huh:

eunations.png

If we thought leaving was tricky after winning the war, imagine trying to leave if we lost!  Would we even dare risk a referendum.  :wacko:  

swaz.png

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 10:17 PM, Aaron2016 said:

Everybody had role models at school.  Mine was John Major.  Don't ask me why.  Must have been a speech he once said which stuck with me at the time.  The only thing I remember from high school was the P.E. teacher exposing himself, mitching off classes, printing out fake exam results to avoid getting yelled at by my parents, and playing floppy disk games in I.T. class.  The school closed soon after I left.  Can't remember any actual lessons, except for a few with the beautiful English teacher.  Most of us felt that public education was just a place to keep working class kids off the streets.  As one kid used to say "what's the point?" and I remember the Math's teacher agreed.  The climate change doomsday rhetoric is probably making things worse for kids who will probably say the same thing.  The whole education system really should be reformed to give kids better motivation, and a greater sense of purpose and direction in life.  I grew up watching period dramas and my aspiration was to live and work in a world that was already long gone.  My parents used to say I was born in the wrong century.  :D

hey Aaron... here's a young man after your own heart... :D.....;)

there.... that was nice little break from the torture of the Brexit Neverending Story...wasn't it..

oh and here's another one...

''''there beyond the rainbow is the answer to the never ending story..."''

The Neverending Story Theme Song • Limahl (youtube video)

^_^

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, bee said:

hey Aaron... here's a young man after your own heart... :D.....;)

there.... that was nice little break from the torture of the Brexit Neverending Story...wasn't it..

oh and here's another one...

''''there beyond the rainbow is the answer to the never ending story..."''

The Neverending Story Theme Song • Limahl (youtube video)

^_^

Just a bit before my time.  :D  I prefer the 1920's - 1930's period.

Imagine if the news headlines were read out like this:

Witty song about High society scandals - It was all hushed up.

Witty song about being a good egg.  "Play the game you cads, play the game."

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

"Play the game you cads, play the game."

lol

message to the H of Commons....

(see above)

ie Leave means Leave...

• Like 3

11 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Parliament vote for delay due to MPs lack of confidence in their own competence. The EU 27. Read understood and individually agreed to the Amended Withdrawal agreement within 24 hours. UK MP's. Have had the agreement for three days. But we all know its about frustrating the will of the people creating a false Impasse. Where the only solution is in line with their political way. 

Look how they fear the ballot box. This shower of ****e cannot run away forever. Our day will come, and what a day it will be. 

Stop whining steve. Brexit was a cluster chuck from day one. Why should it be any different now ? This is British democracy in action. 

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

Stop whining steve. Brexit was a cluster chuck from day one. Why should it be any different now ? This is British democracy in action. 

The referendum was a procedure in our democracy. a democratic vote, every vote in our illustrious history decided via the ballot box as been implemented. eg; the referendum result 1975, the Scottish referendum 2014. and even the Welsh assembly 1997 won by 50.30%. or 0.6%. all accepted. If as you say this Brexit Referendum is British democracy then it needs changing and it will change. As i said in my other post, The Brexit victory was the prize, the coming unintended political change is the bonus.

There are millions of people now turned on and tuned into British politics. the light is being shone on them like never before. outside the Westminster/London bubble people on the street are seething. Labour are losing support in their northern heartlands. You'll remember i predicted a Leave victory, using the same method to determine that result i can say the tide as turned and their is one hell of a price to be paid by this Parliament. no-wonder their running scared of a General Election. their terrified. the shithouses would rather a referendum even if Remain won by half a percent they'd accept that result and hide behind it and have the gall to call it the will of the people.

Never in my wildest dreams did i think i'd see the day when we leave the EU in full and destroy the two party system. but that day grows closer and closer with each act of deceit in Parliament.

I've said it before and i'll say it again. they cant run from the ballot box forever, and for the majority of them their career in politics will be over. in America they are draining the swamp, being British we'll flush the toilet.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

They all have to agree to another extension!  :huh:

eunations.png

If we thought leaving was tricky after winning the war, imagine trying to leave if we lost!  Would we even dare risk a referendum.  :wacko:  

swaz.png

To much money being pumped from the UK into their countries. the  longer they can keep sucking on the tit the better for them.

• Like 2

Another bloody delay , due to the incompetence of the Tory Gov't , the deal (the most hated word on British streets) is a load of **** ,not far removed from May's remainer deal. Boris is turning out to be unworthy of the title of PRIME MINISTER of our Countries. So what happens next , to quote from a great P.M. "We shall Never Surrender ". Bring on the next G.E. and get rid of the cowardly ,lying , back stabbing , useless ,things that call themselves members of parliament . There is going to be the greatest shake up of parliament in the history of our lands. 

• Like 2

With the EU please, please, please, kick us out of the EU?

This is becoming laughable. Why do I suspect we wont get an election until 2022?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spud the mackem said:

Another bloody delay , due to the incompetence of the Tory Gov't , the deal (the most hated word on British streets) is a load of **** ,not far removed from May's remainer deal. Boris is turning out to be unworthy of the title of PRIME MINISTER of our Countries. So what happens next , to quote from a great P.M. "We shall Never Surrender ". Bring on the next G.E. and get rid of the cowardly ,lying , back stabbing , useless ,things that call themselves members of parliament . There is going to be the greatest shake up of parliament in the history of our lands. 

There's lots of conflicting reports, Boris's deal doesn't automatically tie us to the EU, if we've not negotiated a trade deal that we like by the end of the transition period December 2020 we can leave on WTO, this might have been the plan.

Edited by hetrodoxly

So is Brexit still on then, or has it been shunted down the road again once more . Have you seen that montage of all the times Boris "Bo" Johnson said "We will be leaving on October 31st"  ::blush:

9 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

So is Brexit still on then, or has it been shunted down the road again once more . Have you seen that montage of all the times Boris "Bo" Johnson said "We will be leaving on October 31st"  ::blush:

I presume he's a little busy digging that ditch now. 

• Haha 1

2022 before legally a General Election has to happen lol.

And why are all the other parties **** scared to have  G.E. ? It's a rhetorical question, we all know the answer.

image.png.457e66ab2fe5be02533fc0a283886a72.png.33478992ebe4ef088377b47beca2be47.png

And I think after Ms Swinsons interventions, you can paint over a few of those orange areas in blue.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

2022 before legally a General Election has to happen lol.

2022 is a long time to wait ,  and we are still paying the E.U. £1 billion per month , so they are laughing all the way to the Bundesbank , so the House has to get its act up and running a.s.a.p.

11 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

And why are all the other parties **** scared to have  G.E. ? It's a rhetorical question, we all know the answer.

image.png.457e66ab2fe5be02533fc0a283886a72.png.33478992ebe4ef088377b47beca2be47.png

And I think after Ms Swinsons interventions, you can paint over a few of those orange areas in blue.

where did you get that intriguing graphic from? By BRX I presume you mean pro-Brexit parties, so are you trying to claim that the Tories and/or the Brexit party have an overwhelming hold on every part of the England and most of Wales outside what looks like three or four seats that Labour might possibly retain? What was the source of this piece of spectacular optimism? 

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome

13 hours ago, Setton said:

I presume he's a little busy digging that ditch now. 

If he is too busy - I am sure the DUP will lend a hand.

• Like 1