Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
keithisco

Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

6,690 posts in this topic

Ozymandias
On 19/04/2019 at 8:45 PM, hetrodoxly said:

Cardiac arrest.

What is that supposed to mean? Cryptic bull****, if you ask me.

hetrodoxly
11 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

What is that supposed to mean? Cryptic bull****, if you ask me.

No point in asking you anything, whoosh.

• Haha 1

stevewinn

Labour and Tories panicking over Farage and his Brexit party, It seems they both want to avoid the European elections were both parties will face annihilation. not so keen this parliament on facing the will of the people. trial by ballot box. Tom Watson saying today the Labour Party must back a second referendum on Brexit in order to defeat Nigel Farage'

Its not #Brexit any more its now #changepoliticsforgood

The sheer fear in Westminster.

I've never joined a political party. but as of yesterday i have. i have joined the Brexit Party and made a donation to the fight,  putting my name forward to canvass/put leaflets through doors. -  this is the best way to fight back. on the streets marching achieves nothing as Remoaners will testify - No, Westminster, the ballot box is what they now fear. politicians seen its full power at the referendum. when through the ballot box the people mandated they serve and obey the will of the people. We need to keep that ballot box serving the people and mandating the POLITICIANS. its over for vast majority of them in that place and they know it. #changepoliticsforgood is coming.

We've won the biggest fight the referendum whereby we took on not just a political party but took on the full weight of the state, all the weight the state could muster and we still overcome it all and won. we've done it once and we can keep on doing it for as long as it takes, the genie is out of the bottle, our cause grows stronger with each passing day and every betrayal by Westminster. 

We the people do it by #changepoliticsforgood

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Ozymandias
26 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

No point in asking you anything, whoosh.

Look, I explained my post. I have no idea what you are talking about now. 

• Confused 1

RabidMongoose
3 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Labour and Tories panicking over Farage and his Brexit party, It seems they both want to avoid the European elections were both parties will face annihilation. not so keen this parliament on facing the will of the people. trial by ballot box. Tom Watson saying today the Labour Party must back a second referendum on Brexit in order to defeat Nigel Farage'

I've never joined a political party. but as of yesterday i have. i have joined the Brexit Party and made a donation to the fight,  putting my name forward to canvass/put leaflets through doors. -  this is the best way to fight back. on the streets marching achieves nothing as Remoaners will testify - No, Westminster, the ballot box is what they now fear. politicians seen its full power at the referendum. when through the ballot box the people mandated they serve and obey the will of the people. We need to keep that ballot box serving the people and mandating the POLITICIANS. its over for vast majority of them in that place and they know it. #changepoliticsforgood is coming.

We've won the biggest fight the referendum whereby we took on not just a political party but took on the full weight of the state, all the weight the state could muster and we still overcome it all and won. we've done it once and we can keep on doing it for as long as it takes, the genie is out of the bottle, our cause grows stronger with each passing day and every betrayal by Westminster. 

While the Brexit Party has many of our hearts and minds.

It doesnt have the funding, party infrastructure, or number of candidates needed to win a General Election.

• Thanks 1

stevewinn
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

It doesnt have the funding, party infrastructure, or number of candidates needed to win a General Election.

which is a good thing. It needs to avoid the mistakes of UKIP. whereby they tried to field candidates in every constituency and ended up with a number of people in their ranks who let them down. cranks and crack pots.

On Party funding donate, sign up, or simply spread the word. admitting voting UKIP use to be a dirty word. but who'd have guessed when it come to the polling booth there was so many secret lemonade drinkers. the same with the Brexit Party. proudly tell people your voting for the Brexit Party. encourage others. 'down the legion' everyone is voting Brexit party.

According to reports, Brexit is killing the Tory party on the door step, 40% of Tory councillors are planning to vote for the Brexit Party. Tories worst performance in the polls for 16 years.

just look at this, and the Party had only announced itself 2 weeks previous.

b2fc24b9-9cf4-4d67-9c97-42af0b39d36c.png

ab6dfce8-4a81-4eab-a94d-a2a08b644e32.png

yougov-poll.jpg

12409502-6931385-image-a-64_155554062388

The Brexit Party needs to take its time, the clue is in the hashtag #changepoliticsforgood its moved beyond Brexit now, this is about long term change for good in politics, Parliament as been exposed, the Labour - Tory cabal is going to be challenged like never before. this is the first time in over a hundred years their monopoly will be broken, watch how they come together to try and keep the status quo merry-go-around. 

On numbers look at the DUP 8 MP's eight king makers. The Brexit Party in a general election needs to be clever in the seats it targets. 12 to 20 MP's in the general election. would be a excellent result. 

European Parliament. - the Brexit party already has 14 out of 73 UK seats. in the European elections the Brexit Party need a good showing, hopefully win nationally, get 20 to 30 MEPs.

achieve all the above and then go from there. baby steps. this is a marathon not a sprint.

Labour and Tories are terrified, just look at the referendum, they both agreed to it as they thought it would kill off UKIP, instead its had the opposite effect its fed the beast. the Tories and Labour where haemorrhaging votes to UKIP. 

this is the 2014 results. and this before the word Brexit was even heard, now Brexit as happened and the betrayal. imagine what can be achieved. the Brexit Party will end up with 35% of the vote. a clear winner. The Job for Nigel in the TV debates has been made so easy. all he has to do is line up all his ducks.

287c860a-522f-4742-a568-1f6bad52e9bb.png

Brexiteers not only won the Referendum We are taking the the politics of the remainers off them and burying it.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 2

Setton
7 hours ago, stevewinn said:

fa5974aea6c4aef6cd6979d61be6f97251956b52f8dc48c5cc255dcbc5ddd497.jpg

Captain Risky
6 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

im kinda happy in a way that Farage has taken ownership of Brexit. he's cleaver enough to have stayed away from the weak wishy washy Tory party. of course without funding its gonna be an uphill battle and a real show of character. something that Ress Moggs, Johnson, Gove, Davis and the rest just didn't have the balls to do. the same time this provides Labour with a tremendous opportunity to take the remain and undecided vote back and become the party of Europe and the party of moderation. the Tory party is no longer relevant and they have no one to blame but themselves.  

RabidMongoose
9 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

im kinda happy in a way that Farage has taken ownership of Brexit. he's cleaver enough to have stayed away from the weak wishy washy Tory party. of course without funding its gonna be an uphill battle and a real show of character. something that Ress Moggs, Johnson, Gove, Davis and the rest just didn't have the balls to do. the same time this provides Labour with a tremendous opportunity to take the remain and undecided vote back and become the party of Europe and the party of moderation. the Tory party is no longer relevant and they have no one to blame but themselves.  

Its a wasted vote, while he has the support of the population please remember he wont have anywhere near sufficient candidates.

• Thanks 1

keithisco
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

Its a wasted vote, while he has the support of the population please remember he wont have anywhere near sufficient candidates.

Brexit Party are fielding candidates in EVERY Constituency. Common membership is pushing 100,000 at 25pound a head (no 3pound memberships like the Labour Party) and they have multiple large donors as well. Far from being a "wasted" vote it will become another kick up the back-side to the Tory/Labour Cartel.

Do not forget that Nigel Farage was completely locked out of ANY involvement in the Brexit Party by a petty Tory party, and he should have been seriously involved with the negotiations because he, at least, had a clear vision of the way forward

Edited by keithisco
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

RabidMongoose
4 minutes ago, keithisco said:

Brexit Party are fielding candidates in EVERY Constituency. Common membership is pushing 100,000 at 25pound a head (no 3pound memberships like the Labour Party) and they have multiple large donors as well. Far from being a "wasted" vote it will become another kick up the back-side to the Tory/Labour Cartel.

Do not forget that Nigel Farage was completely locked out of ANY involvement in the Brexit Party by a petty Tory party, and he should have been seriously involved with the negotiations because he, at least, had a clear vision of the way forward

Okay, just signed up on their website and we will find out.

If they are at least looking like they might contest 50% of the seats I will stand in the election for them too. Come on Steve and others, get yourselves standing in the election if your areas need candidates.

stevewinn
3 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Okay, just signed up on their website and we will find out.

If they are at least looking like they might contest 50% of the seats I will stand in the election for them too. Come on Steve and others, get yourselves standing in the election if your areas need candidates.

I'm already one of the foot soldiers. The North West has candidates. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

RabidMongoose
7 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

I'm already one of the foot soldiers. The North West has candidates. 

How many of them are from a dodgy background? lmao

I dont think it would matter with MEPs but might get in the way of MPs. I notice there isn't a banned list of parties or groups as there is with UKIP.

bee
On 4/21/2019 at 1:30 PM, stevewinn said:

good for you Steve.... :tu:

and re the boded - I absolutely agree - 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

bee
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, keithisco said:

It was unbelievable the way he was frozen out of the Brexit process... the writing was on the wall then...

Both Labour Party and Conservative Party fear the political clout he can muster... when needs be and I
think the public are going to back him and the Brexit Party.. UKIP have still got their thing going and I think 
they will hoover up a number of grass roots working class votes from Old Labour...

edit to add.... but the momentum is with the Brexit Party and as time goes along I think many in UKIP will
switch ... to avoid the split vote doing damage.. not all but a significant ammount .... for practical purposes..

Imagine all those annoying Lab and Con Know-it-all MPs going off for their Easter Break and when they get back they
are relegated to 2nd and 3rd place in the poll for the EU elections.... and people are seriously p***** off
enough with them to do the same at a General Election..... 

they must be punished through the ballot box.... 

Edited by bee
  • Like 4

bee

oh and I like the Turquoise colour they're using for the Brexit Party.... :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

hetrodoxly
4 hours ago, bee said:

good for you Steve.... :tu:

and re the boded - I absolutely agree - 

I second that well done Steve, i'm going to look at what they're doing in my area.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

RabidMongoose
25 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

I second that well done Steve, i'm going to look at what they're doing in my area.

Wouldnt it be funny if the Brexit Party gets 17.5 million members.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

stevewinn

Happy St George's day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

hetrodoxly

For those who think the 'Brexit Party' is just for those on the right.

• Thanks 2

Captain Risky
21 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Happy St George's day.

story-of-saint-george-2-638.jpg?cb=14290

agios_georgios_552870184.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_George's_Day

stevewinn
12 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

For those who think the 'Brexit Party' is just for those on the right.

They've gone extreme, as she's far left comrade.

• Like 1

stevewinn

Farage makes some good points.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Setton

Brexit Party won't publish a manifesto until after the elections. 

https://www.indy100.com/article/nigel-farage-brexit-party-eu-election-manifesto-8883971

You couldn't make this up :lol:

'Please vote for us!' 

'Why? What will you do?' 

'We'll tell you once you've voted for us...' 

One can only assume of course, that any MEPs they have elected will donate their entire salary to the NHS. Better start working on that 350 million a week. 

• Confused 1

bee
1 hour ago, Setton said:

Brexit Party won't publish a manifesto until after the elections. 

https://www.indy100.com/article/nigel-farage-brexit-party-eu-election-manifesto-8883971

You couldn't make this up :lol:

'Please vote for us!' 

'Why? What will you do?' 

'We'll tell you once you've voted for us...' 

One can only assume of course, that any MEPs they have elected will donate their entire salary to the NHS. Better start working on that 350 million a week. 

It's not rocket science -

the Brexit Party is about Leaving the EU and the Single Market and Customs Union...
as voted for in the referendum...

it's about honouring the democratic vote... and helping to get the job done...

everyone knows this without a manifesto... but I suppose a manifesto will be got together at some point... 
it's a very fast moving situation... and new people are coming in all the time...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1