Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
keithisco

Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

8,056 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

stevewinn

Former deputy Brexit minister. 

Highlighting May's deceit. 

https://parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/81a76aba-1e5f-4a02-92c7-248f2a072f42

Full evidence on link. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
3 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

Being born in Poland might be the cause of his ignorance but how does this has any revelance to brexit? even stranger you think people are retards for voting for him because they should have known that one day in the future he'd make this insignificant mistake, if a politician couldn't serve in office if they 'stated the obvious' there wouldn't be any.

He was speaking at a Brexit questions and answers event or talk or something. 

So you have no issues with a sitting MP peddling lies, or being completely ignorant of your Countries history?

I said he was a retard, and maybe the people who voted for him are too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hetrodoxly
14 minutes ago, danydandan said:

He was speaking at a Brexit questions and answers event or talk or something. 

So you have no issues with a sitting MP peddling lies, or being completely ignorant of your Countries history?

Why would him claiming we never received assistance from America after WW2 have anything to do with Brexit? it wasn't a lie because he's easly found out by stating it in public, are you suggesting all candidates should do an history test before becoming an mp, do they do this in Ireland? i can see it now his constituents "i don't care if he's getting a new hospital built, if i'd known he didn't know what the 'Marshall plan' was i wouldn't have voted for him, we chucked out the last one he thought the great fire of London was in 1667"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
1 minute ago, hetrodoxly said:

Why would him claiming we never received assistance from America after WW2 have anything to do with Brexit? it wasn't a lie because he's easly found out by stating it in public, are you suggesting all candidates should do an history test before becoming an mp, do they do this in Ireland? i can see it now his constituents "i don't care if he's getting a new hospital built, if i'd known he didn't know what the 'Marshall plan' was i wouldn't have voted for him, we chucked out the last one he thought the great fire of London was in 1667"

We are thought basic history in School here. 

But no it shouldn't matter, his actions should. In this case he still hasn't given a reply to those showing him he is wrong, that speaks volumes. A number of his own party members and we'll know British historians have lambasted him over the comment. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hetrodoxly
1 minute ago, danydandan said:

We are thought basic history in School here. 

But no it shouldn't matter, his actions should. In this case he still hasn't given a reply to those showing him he is wrong, that speaks volumes. A number of his own party members and we'll know British historians have lambasted him over the comment. 

 

Ok what's the significance about him not being good at history? i'll show you a video of Diane Abbott her maths are 5hit, you're claiming i could ask any Irish MP an historical question and they'd know the answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
9 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

Ok what's the significance about him not being good at history? i'll show you a video of Diane Abbott her maths are 5hit, you're claiming i could ask any Irish MP an historical question and they'd know the answer.

I'd expect them to know basic Irish and European history. Yes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hetrodoxly
38 minutes ago, danydandan said:

I'd expect them to know basic Irish and European history. Yes!

Well you claimed he said it at a Brexit meeting when it was just a tweet, 'let he who is without sin......'

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
keithisco
21 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Former deputy Brexit minister. 

Highlighting May's deceit. 

https://parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/81a76aba-1e5f-4a02-92c7-248f2a072f42

Full evidence on link. 

 

Just watched and listened to the whole recording...what a revelation that the depth and determination of our remain PM undermined negotiations with the EU at each and every turn from the very beginning!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
On 04/02/2019 at 5:44 AM, stevewinn said:

No wonder ireland want the back stop. 15% of gdp is from smuggling across the border. / black economy. Officially they'd take 4% hit. But in reality closer to 20%. 

 

There is that and even though 20% is a fanciful figure I’m sure an unchecked hard border will have a negative effect on the Irish and also NI economies. Who knows, maybe Nissan might step across the border and help out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn
13 hours ago, keithisco said:

Just watched and listened to the whole recording...what a revelation that the depth and determination of our remain PM undermined negotiations with the EU at each and every turn from the very beginning!!

Absolutely damning.

Should've been reported on the BBC their lead story.

The fact it wasn't. Tells us everything.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hetrodoxly

Look whats been unearthed, 'sold his soul'

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
On 03/02/2019 at 1:25 PM, RabidMongoose said:

the running of the economy needs taking off politicians and given to economic experts.

I thought you'd had enough of them? 

 

 

Sorry... 

For the record, I agree. Along with healthcare and education. 

Edited by Setton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
On 2/5/2019 at 6:09 AM, keithisco said:

Just watched and listened to the whole recording...what a revelation that the depth and determination of our remain PM undermined negotiations with the EU at each and every turn from the very beginning!!

you sound surprised that someone who campaigned for remain would want to keep ties with Europe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hetrodoxly
On 05/02/2019 at 12:26 PM, hetrodoxly said:

Look whats been unearthed, 'sold his soul'

 

 

Edited by hetrodoxly
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
L.A.T.1961

Donald Tusk unleashes fury from Brussels. - 

He says there is a 'place in hell' for those who promoted Brexit without a plan.

Donald channelling his previous life as Ferdinand II of Aragon, and the Spanish inquisition. A different time but the same mentality.  ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
55 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

Donald Tusk unleashes fury from Brussels. - 

He says there is a 'place in hell' for those who promoted Brexit without a plan.

Donald channelling his previous life as Ferdinand II of Aragon, and the Spanish inquisition. A different time but the same mentality.  ;)

He has done more damage to the remain cause than he realises there.

When complex technical arguments are made for staying then most people cannot evaluate them as they dont have the right knowledge. But when someone stoops as low as name calling, ridicule, or tell you there is a special place in hell for you, then people see that as a petty desperate attempt to win a losing argument. Its like resorting to telling people unless they stay they are like Hitler or Stalin. Donald Tusk has humoured my country this morning, but we are laughing at him not with him lmao.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn
4 hours ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

Donald Tusk unleashes fury from Brussels. - 

He says there is a 'place in hell' for those who promoted Brexit without a plan.

Donald channelling his previous life as Ferdinand II of Aragon, and the Spanish inquisition. A different time but the same mentality.  ;)

Tusk is like the rest of them small time politicians who think their big players on the world stage, where else in the world would politicians like juncker and Tusk get a gig as leaders of a political project immune from prosecution in their EU work, their own unique 12% flat tax rate as EU employees, and totally unelected by the people. receiving a salary greater than that of the president of the USA. They cant believe their luck.

Tusk sums up the EU, The UK objected to his appointment in the first place and was out voted. just look at Selmayr, and his appointment, objected to by 75% of the EU Parliament, ruled by the EU itself for breaking the rules and yet hes still in position.

It could be said the referendum and the choice to leave was a rejection by the British people to him and his politics no wonder hes bitter and twisted. unelected hes never had to contend with rejection until now. remember his instagram stunt.

The project as they call it is heading for recession, and when it does it'll be the third time in 10 years. teetering on the brink a good hard brexit, push it over the edge. its our moral duty to oblige.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
10 hours ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

Donald Tusk unleashes fury from Brussels. - 

He says there is a 'place in hell' for those who promoted Brexit without a plan.

Donald channelling his previous life as Ferdinand II of Aragon, and the Spanish inquisition. A different time but the same mentality.  ;)

Yea it does sound very biblical. Maybe Tusk could have expressed himself a little less Dante-ish... still he’s absolutely correct in stating that planning Brexit or anything else important without a strategy is foolhardy. Relying on blackmail and self harm is dangerous and criminal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
5 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Tusk is like the rest of them small time politicians who think their big players on the world stage, where else in the world would politicians like juncker and Tusk get a gig as leaders of a political project immune from prosecution in their EU work, their own unique 12% flat tax rate as EU employees, and totally unelected by the people. receiving a salary greater than that of the president of the USA. They cant believe their luck.

Tusk sums up the EU, The UK objected to his appointment in the first place and was out voted. just look at Selmayr, and his appointment, objected to by 75% of the EU Parliament, ruled by the EU itself for breaking the rules and yet hes still in position.

It could be said the referendum and the choice to leave was a rejection by the British people to him and his politics no wonder hes bitter and twisted. unelected hes never had to contend with rejection until now. remember his instagram stunt.

The project as they call it is heading for recession, and when it does it'll be the third time in 10 years. teetering on the brink a good hard brexit, push it over the edge. its our moral duty to oblige.

Small time politicians... now would Farage, Rees-Moggs, Boris and Gove qualify? No Brexit plan other than flying the Union Jack is like sticking your head in the sand and threatening to do nothing until the problem solves itself. The UK is slowly tearing itself apart. But it’s not all about hard Brexit and the brexiteers but even the remainders are not without blame for organising a well thought out referendum. Such a deficit of able politicians left the UK without a plan to leave. But hey... blame those that point out the obvious just not those that can’t deliver on their empty promises. The nerve of some people, eh.

Edited by Captain Risky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
9 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

He has done more damage to the remain cause than he realises there.

When complex technical arguments are made for staying then most people cannot evaluate them as they dont have the right knowledge. But when someone stoops as low as name calling, ridicule, or tell you there is a special place in hell for you, then people see that as a petty desperate attempt to win a losing argument. Its like resorting to telling people unless they stay they are like Hitler or Stalin. Donald Tusk has humoured my country this morning, but we are laughing at him not with him lmao.

Save your laughter for the day after Brexit. 3 years of UK politicians and tabloids cursing and demonising the European project has finally come full circle. Only difference is that one is telling the truth in a callus way and the other lying in the most disingenuous way. You decide who’s who.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
12 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Small time politicians... now would Farage, Rees-Moggs, Boris and Gove qualify? No Brexit plan other than flying the Union Jack is like sticking your head in the sand and threatening to do nothing until the problem solves itself. The UK is slowly tearing itself apart. But it’s not all about hard Brexit and the brexiteers but even the remainders are not without blame for organising a well thought out referendum. Such a deficit of able politicians left the UK without a plan to leave. But hey... blame those that point out the obvious just not those that can’t deliver on their empty promises. The nerve of some people, eh.

I`m sorry but I have some understanding of economics. While my degree might not be in economics its in business meaning it puts one leg into economics. All politicians are lying to the people in an attempt to manipulate them. That is except for Jacob Rees-Moggs.

How to you tell the uneducated in economics that the guy is actually right? Hard-Brexit (which funnily enough I think we will get anyway) with no free trade agreements and us choosing not to apply any import tariffs is in the best interests of Britain. If we get it we will go through an economic miracle, the only real rival being a Trump USA. Why? All the EU economies are being held back. Oh and yes the US might stop Trump doing what he has been up to on their economy.

I`m sorry but I would vote Jacob Rees-Moggs as PM all the way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hetrodoxly
9 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

He has done more damage to the remain cause than he realises there.

When complex technical arguments are made for staying then most people cannot evaluate them as they dont have the right knowledge. But when someone stoops as low as name calling, ridicule, or tell you there is a special place in hell for you, then people see that as a petty desperate attempt to win a losing argument. Its like resorting to telling people unless they stay they are like Hitler or Stalin. Donald Tusk has humoured my country this morning, but we are laughing at him not with him lmao.

Monday night a woman managed to get through the BBC filters on radio 4, the smug presenter asked her what she thought of brexit now after voting to remain, her reply was i wish i'd voted to leave, the presenter coughing and spluttering could hardley get her words out to ask why, the women replied, because of the way the EU is treating us, keep up the good work Donald :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hetrodoxly
3 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

I`m sorry but I would vote Jacob Rees-Moggs as PM all the way.

There's a lot of us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrimsonKing
30 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Save your laughter for the day after Brexit. 3 years of UK politicians and tabloids cursing and demonising the European project has finally come full circle. Only difference is that one is telling the truth in a callus way and the other lying in the most disingenuous way. You decide who’s who.

So...what's gonna happen the day after Brexit Risky?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
1 hour ago, CrimsonKing said:

So...what's gonna happen the day after Brexit Risky?

Dunno mate. According to the Brexit boys here it would seem manna will fall from the sky and they’ll be led to the promise land. Personally I think nothing will get resolved and the UK economy will be shrouded in uncertainty, stymieing growth. Anyway we’re all going to find out sooner rather than latter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.