Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
keithisco

Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

8,065 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

RabidMongoose
14 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

I.M.O. a No Deal would have the E.U.  knocking on our door asking us whether we could still import German Cars, French , Spanish , Portuguese Wine and Fruit , Danish dairy products , Dutch flowers and veg , all of which we can import from countries outside the E.U , so why  are these remainers trying to sabotage our economy , 43 days should see us end all this infighting in parliament  and start a new phase Outside the E.U. sinking ship .  Who Dares Wins .. 

We wont get the deal we want until we are out, or an hour before we are out.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn

 

 

On Euratom remember all the scare stories by Remainers, if we leave euratom Cancer patients wont get treatment, for me it was the lowest of the low using Cancer patients in this way, creating uncertainty and bringing unnecessary worry. 

As the tweet above says. " Britain has concluded all replacement international agreements needed to ensure “continuity” for civil nuclear trade after Brexit, the business secretary has announced "

Greg Clark said the UK had reached deals with Australia, Canada and the US, as well as safeguarding agreements with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
2 hours ago, stevewinn said:

On Euratom remember all the scare stories by Remainers, if we leave euratom Cancer patients wont get treatment, for me it was the lowest of the low using Cancer patients in this way, creating uncertainty and bringing unnecessary worry

Would it not be equally low to ignore a potential consequence because it might cost you the votes of those cancer patients? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
keithisco
25 minutes ago, Setton said:

Would it not be equally low to ignore a potential consequence because it might cost you the votes of those cancer patients? 

It was never a "potential consequence"...it was forwarded in a disingenuous and emotionally charged arena causing fear in a section of the community when the reality was that all such contingencies had been factored in and mitigated for!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose

Trump just declared national emergency to get his wall.

I wonder if we will be having a national emergency in 5-6 weeks time lol.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn
14 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Trump just declared national emergency to get his wall.

I wonder if we will be having a national emergency in 5-6 weeks time lol.

National emergency for the Remainers as they go into mass blubbering with a Amber alert for the risk of flooding.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
20 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

We wont get the deal we want until we are out, or an hour before we are out.

you won't get a deal due to the incompetence for your politicians. its that simple. 

EDIT to add... and if brexit goes pear shaped and the economy suffers, the pound is devalued to stimulate the economy and lower high unemployment at least you can still blame the remainers...lol 

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
9 hours ago, stevewinn said:
 
On Euratom remember all the scare stories by Remainers, if we leave euratom Cancer patients wont get treatment, for me it was the lowest of the low using Cancer patients in this way, creating uncertainty and bringing unnecessary worry. 

As the tweet above says. " Britain has concluded all replacement international agreements needed to ensure “continuity” for civil nuclear trade after Brexit, the business secretary has announced "

Greg Clark said the UK had reached deals with Australia, Canada and the US, as well as safeguarding agreements with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)

 

i could not imagine any one being cruel enough to punish the sick because of any brexit disagreements. knowing you steve... it wouldn't be beyond you to milk some silly tabloid story to further your views on this thread. just not believable.  

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
6 hours ago, keithisco said:

It was never a "potential consequence"...it was forwarded in a disingenuous and emotionally charged arena causing fear in a section of the community when the reality was that all such contingencies had been factored in and mitigated for!

LOL, so what exactly are these contingencies that you speak of? May and the Brexiteers to the best of my knowledge are relying on the good graces of the EU to a deliver free trade. the UK parliament cannot even decide on what type of Brexit they want and you speak of "contingencies?" 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stiff

waiting for Brexit.JPG

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hetrodoxly

Because Ikea are worried about supplies after Brexit their lesbian bed range will no longer require screwing or nuts, just tongue & groove.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky

Dutch PM on Brexit: UK is a waning country too small to stand alone

“Who will be left weakened by Brexit is the United Kingdom,” he said. “It is already weakening, it is a waning country compared to two or three years ago. It is going to become an economy of middling size in the Atlantic Ocean. It is neither the US nor the EU. It is too small to appear on the world stage on its own.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/14/dutch-pm-on-brexit-uk-waning-country-too-small-stand-alone-mark-rutte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn
11 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

you won't get a deal due to the incompetence for your politicians. its that simple. 

EDIT to add... and if brexit goes pear shaped and the economy suffers, the pound is devalued to stimulate the economy and lower high unemployment at least you can still blame the remainers...lol 

Hang on, we got a deal from the EU, trouble was it was that terrible it was voted down in Parliament even by the remain MPs. it would seem the failure was on the EU's side, their best offer just wasn't good enough. Yet the EU 27 accepted the British offer.

If Brexit was going to go pearshaped it would've happened already, by the time we leave nearly 3 years since the vote, there as been plenty of time for the Great recession, companies to move and the 800,000 job losses to materialise. at what point do you stop and start questioning yourself and your sources you believe so readily why it hasn't been a disaster for the UK or its Economy.

I'd be more worried about the Eurozone. Italy in recession, Germany on the brink they missed going into recession by €150 million.( Q4 growth was 0.02%) France not far off.

The UK goes into Brexit with all the core fundamentals in a strong position. unlike those we leave behind. lets put it another way, if a neutral, if a Martian arrived on Earth and was presented with the facts they'd think it was the EU who was leaving and that's the damning assessment.

what you have to remember even in the event of no deal trade still continues that's how the world works.

The UK gains back its former annual £26.2Billion EU contributions to spend here at home.

The EU loses its second biggest net contributor. it losses £26.2Bn and with it 12% of its budget, they either adjust their spending or up contributions from remaining members. all at a time of a looming recession.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn
12 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Dutch PM on Brexit: UK is a waning country too small to stand alone

“Who will be left weakened by Brexit is the United Kingdom,” he said. “It is already weakening, it is a waning country compared to two or three years ago. It is going to become an economy of middling size in the Atlantic Ocean. It is neither the US nor the EU. It is too small to appear on the world stage on its own.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/14/dutch-pm-on-brexit-uk-waning-country-too-small-stand-alone-mark-rutte

Yes, that same little country that's been the second biggest net contributor to the EU budget. what does that say about the rest in the club?

UK economy the equivalent of the smallest 19 members combined.

Advanced Global Economy

Worlds 5th Largest economy.

Second Largest in the EU.

Number 1 World financial centre.

Global Power. Soft and Hard power

Permanent Seat and holds Veto at the UN. 

Nuclear power.

NATO Member

Nations don't come more powerful. in fact the only box left to tick is superpower.

The Dutch leaders comments just make him look silly and bitter. like those who quote him.

We can file it with Donald Tusks, "place in hell" and Guy Verhofstadt's "end up on the guillotine" comments.

Their getting desperate, this small insignificant country is leaving, yet their all doing their utmost to get us to remain by hook or by crook. 

Hard Brexit. 41 Days till Brexit.

https://twitter.com/USAmbUK/status/1096435372203171840 https://twitter.com/USAmbUK/status/1096435372203171840

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
28 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Hang on, we got a deal from the EU, trouble was it was that terrible it was voted down in Parliament even by the remain MPs. it would seem the failure was on the EU's side, their best offer just wasn't good enough. Yet the EU 27 accepted the British offer.

It was a terrible deal because the UK is in a bad situation, Steve. They don’t have to offer anything more so they won’t. So the E.U. is dictating the talks. What do you mean that the 27 accepted the British offer?

28 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

The UK goes into Brexit with all the core fundamentals in a strong position. unlike those we leave behind. lets put it another way, if a neutral, if a Martian arrived on Earth and was presented with the facts they'd think it was the EU who was leaving and that's the damning assessment.

what you have to remember even in the event of no deal trade still continues that's how the world works.

The UK gains back its former annual £26.2Billion EU contributions to spend here at home.

The EU loses its second biggest net contributor. it losses £26.2Bn and with it 12% of its budget, they either adjust their spending or up contributions from remaining members. all at a time of a looming recession.

28 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

If Brexit was going to go pearshaped it would've happened already, by the time we leave nearly 3 years since the vote, there as been plenty of time for the Great recession, companies to move and the 800,000 job losses to materialise. at what point do you stop and start questioning yourself and your sources you believe so readily why it hasn't been a disaster for the UK or its Economy.

Well maybe you are going to be proven right and me wrong. We’ll just have to wait and see. But if the EU’s strong hand and May’s poor ability to get her country to agree is anything to go by then it doesn’t look good for Britain.

you are right about Italy, also British contributions but remember the UK economy got access to a massive free trade zone that stimulated more in taxes than what it paid out. BoE and the banking industry among other can’t be wrong. The UK is headed for a recession and isolation. That’s my call. We’ll find out sooner rather than later who is right.

 

Edited by Captain Risky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
12 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Yes, that same little country that's been the second biggest net contributor to the EU budget. what does that say about the rest in the club?

UK economy the equivalent of the smallest 19 members combined.

Advanced Global Economy

Worlds 5th Largest economy.

Second Largest in the EU.

Number 1 World financial centre.

Global Power. Soft and Hard power

Permanent Seat and holds Veto at the UN. 

Nuclear power.

NATO Member

Nations don't come more powerful. in fact the only box left to tick is superpower.

The Dutch leaders comments just make him look silly and bitter. like those who quote him.

We can file it with Donald Tusks, "place in hell" and Guy Verhofstadt's "end up on the guillotine" comments.

Their getting desperate, this small insignificant country is leaving, yet their all doing their utmost to get us to remain by hook or by crook. 

Hard Brexit. 41 Days till Brexit.

https://twitter.com/USAmbUK/status/1096435372203171840 https://twitter.com/USAmbUK/status/1096435372203171840

 

...I admire your support and zeal for your country but the simple truth is that the Dutch PM is better informed than you. Yes there will be opportunities but the challenge will be European trade. Britain was a net recipient of DFI and an entry point for foreign trade and investment. This is gone. In short the UK has lost a privileged trade arrangement. Who exactly are you going to be an entry point for now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn
2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

It was a terrible deal because the UK is in a bad situation, Steve. They don’t have to offer anything more so they won’t. So the E.U. is dictating the talks. What do you mean that the 27 accepted the British offer?

Well maybe you are going to be proven right and me wrong. We’ll just have to wait and see. But if the EU’s strong hand and May’s poor ability to get her country to agree is anything to go by then it doesn’t look good for Britain.

you are right about Italy, also British contributions but remember the UK economy got access to a massive free trade zone that stimulated more in taxes than what it paid out. BoE and the banking industry among other can’t be wrong. The UK is headed for a recession and isolation. That’s my call. We’ll find out sooner rather than later who is right.

 

(Bold) the WA Agreement, the agreement that was negotiated then presented to the UK and EU Parliaments. The EU negotiating team presented and recommended the EU 27 Accept it. it was duly accepted by the EU 27.

The WA was then presented to the UK Parliament for acceptance the UK Parliament voted it down. it was the biggest defeat in commons History.

Here is the picture of the EU Negotiator Barnier handing over his work to EU Commission President Tusk.

28505%3Fitok=lupMCpL1

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
2 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

(Bold) the WA Agreement, the agreement that was negotiated then presented to the UK and EU Parliaments. The EU negotiating team presented and recommended the EU 27 Accept it. it was duly accepted by the EU 27.

The WA was then presented to the UK Parliament for acceptance the UK Parliament voted it down. it was the biggest defeat in commons History.

Here is the picture of the EU Negotiator Barnier handing over his work to EU Commission President Tusk.

28505%3Fitok=lupMCpL1

Okay steve but we’ve been here before. The E.U. offered its best deal and a divided UK can’t accept it. May accepted it but couldn’t sell it. The E.U. won’t better it and we’re back to square 1. 

My take on this is the E.U. is calling the UK no deal bluff and May needs something more to sell the WA. Fundamentally the UK needs the E.U. more. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn
Just now, Captain Risky said:

...I admire your support and zeal for your country but the simple truth is that the Dutch PM is better informed than you. Yes there will be opportunities but the challenge will be European trade. Britain was a net recipient of DFI and an entry point for foreign trade and investment. This is gone. In short the UK has lost a privileged trade arrangement. Who exactly are you going to be an entry point for now?

The Dutch PM is just silly, his comments prove this.

On investment. time will tell, but today still number one in Europe. and as we Brexit and open up to the world. it will only attract more investment.

in short, the UK defies all doom and gloom predictions.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
3 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

The Dutch PM is just silly, his comments prove this.

On investment. time will tell, but today still number one in Europe. and as we Brexit and open up to the world. it will only attract more investment.

in short, the UK defies all doom and gloom predictions.

 No Steve the Dutch PM is well informed and represents Britain’s best friend and trading partner in the E.U. the UK is still trading on E.U. gas. What you’re saying is wrong.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn
15 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Okay steve but we’ve been here before. The E.U. offered its best deal and a divided UK can’t accept it. May accepted it but couldn’t sell it. The E.U. won’t better it and we’re back to square 1. 

My take on this is the E.U. is calling the UK no deal bluff and May needs something more to sell the WA. Fundamentally the UK needs the E.U. more. 

The EU united Parliament in their rejection of the EU best offer.

It could be a game of bluff. on both sides

as a Brexiteer i hope we call one another's bluff and we leave on the 29th with no deal.

4 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

 No Steve the Dutch PM is well informed and represents Britain’s best friend and trading partner in the E.U. the UK is still trading on E.U. gas. What you’re saying is wrong.

his country will be the third worst affected by Brexit he sounds worried to me, if he thinks calling the UK small and unable to go it alone will have the effect of us changing our mind he's got it wrong. but this is not the first time in History europeans misunderstanding the British.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
33 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

The EU united Parliament in their rejection of the EU best offer.

It could be a game of bluff. on both sides

as a Brexiteer i hope we call one another's bluff and we leave on the 29th with no deal.

his country will be the third worst affected by Brexit he sounds worried to me, if he thinks calling the UK small and unable to go it alone will have the effect of us changing our mind he's got it wrong. but this is not the first time in History europeans misunderstanding the British.

careful what you wish for. I'm sure the Dutch PM is worried, your politicians should be also. remember history will be the judge and those that supported and orchestrated brexit will be judged. so from that prospective a hard brexit will leave those with no where to hide. that why the leading brexiteers have rubber stamped May's deal with the exception of the NI back stop. Tusk will yet be proven right with his comment on the traitorous circle of hell that awaits them. and they know it.  

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
16 hours ago, stevewinn said:

National emergency for the Remainers as they go into mass blubbering with a Amber alert for the risk of flooding.

is it really steve? it seems that all the hardcore brexiteers have already agreed to PM May's Withdrawal Agreement with a slight provision for the NI backstop. the brexiteers have all donned their life vests. as usual its always the hoi polo that are left wondering and holding the bag and the last to know while the willy politicians have already made compromises and plans and already in the life boats. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn
22 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

careful what you wish for. I'm sure the Dutch PM is worried, your politicians should be also. remember history will be the judge and those that supported and orchestrated brexit will be judged. so from that prospective a hard brexit will leave those with no where to hide. that why the leading brexiteers have rubber stamped May's deal with the exception of the NI back stop. Tusk will yet be proven right with his comment on the traitorous circle of hell that awaits them.  

 

Just now, Captain Risky said:

is it really steve? it seems that all the hardcore brexiteers have already agreed to PM May's Withdrawal Agreement with a slight provision for the NI backstop. the brexiteers have all donned their life vests. as usual its always the hoi polo that are left wondering and holding the bag and the last to know while the willy politicians have already made compromises and plans and already in the life boats. 

 

address both as your making the same point.

You confusing yourself here, any Brexiteer could agree with the WA as it delivers Brexit on the 29th March. trouble starts with the EU's insistence that the UK cannot leave that agreement without the EU's permission. its a world first that such a clause is asked for and that's where the problems start. im sure if you presented a WA with the ability to leave at any point then it would be accepted. trouble is the EU doesn't want us leaving. doesn't want us to become competitive and still wants access to our cash. 

the NI backstop is just the excuse used by the EU and remainers. 0.1% of UK GDP is tied up with cross border trade between RoI and Northern Ireland. the good Friday agreement has no mention of the free movement of Goods or trade. only makes reference to people which the RoI and UK's CTA covers. 

at the end of the day its best we just leave on the 29th March. then we can all get on with the task at hand.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose

As Brexit approaches I will look forward to a free and independent Britain.

I want to see us re-establish Britain as a superpower. We should do this by bonding closer with the USA, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand. By expanding our military capabilities so instead of having the technology of a superpower (which we already do) we have the heft of one as well. Then I want to see our block (UK, USA, Australia, Canada, New Zealand) go empire building. We could depose numerous tyrannical regimes and admit the nations to a new Commonwealth. One where our block gets the trade deals for having liberated them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.