Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

keithisco

12 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

Third crusade ;)

Hastings.

Normans were basically French, regardless of the mixed in Norse genome. 

1 hour ago, Setton said:

Crecy :D

Dunkirk.

Maybe the Americans - overpaid, oversexed, and over here - will be along in due course with a free trade deal to save the day.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bama13 said:

Third crusade ;)

Don't remember the 3rd crusade being between England and France..? 

17 minutes ago, Setton said:

Don't remember the 3rd crusade being between England and France..? 

No, but it abruptly ended the hostilities between England and France. Since Germans joined too, it was clearly one of the earliest sneaky EU attempts at uniting Europeans.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

No, but it abruptly ended the hostilities between England and France. Since Germans joined too, it was clearly one of the earliest sneaky EU attempts at uniting Europeans.   

The b*******. Tricking us into not killing each other. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Brexit party launches today. Nigel Farage as leader, Does the fight back start today? he mobilised the peoples army last time around you wouldn't put it past him to do it again.

They've got one vote here.

He means business... for sure

I hope between them -  the new Brexit Party and UKIP can field candidates in all the constituencies
in the next General Election.. the split vote could be a problem but so long as Labour and Conservatives
are rejected .... we will see what will happen....

say if I had to chose between UKIP and the Brexit Party I would try and pick the one with the most
momentum at that point in time.... maybe UKIP might do better locally and the Brexit Party nationally
while this crisis of democracy and Brexit betrayal is going on.......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

of course they were all pretty much convinced that Remain would win the day
at that time and more than willing to listen to the Remainers People and to honour
their  vote THEN..... but the script didn't work out that way.... so they've had to move
the goalposts... but but we have more info now... but but the bus thing....
but but the Remainers People must have another vote.... but but....

Edited by bee
  • Like 3

Just a titbit about the new Brexit Party..... Jacob Rees Mogg's sister has joined them...
Annunziata  (never heard that name before... )

video description...

Annunziata Rees-Mogg, the sister of the Conservative MP Jacob Rees-Mogg, has been unveiled as a candidate for Nigel Farage's new Brexit party in the European elections. She was introduced by the former Ukip leader at the party’s campaign launch at a factory in Coventry. Addressing cheering supporters, she said it was not a decision she had taken lightly after years supporting the Tories. “The point at which our prime minister will not listen, not only to her membership, but will not listen to the people of her country ... I can’t sit by and let her do it,” she added.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bee said:

I hope between them -  the new Brexit Party and UKIP can field candidates in all the constituencies
in the next General Election.. the split vote could be a problem but so long as Labour and Conservatives

say if I had to chose between UKIP and the Brexit Party I would try and pick the one with the most
momentum at that point in time.... maybe UKIP might do better locally and the Brexit Party nationally

The UK sends 73 MEPS. we need to send as many UKIP or Brexit Party MEPS as possible. send a clear message. unfinished business. Brexit is not going away the genie is out of the bottle.

(for the record i'll be voting Brexit party, As for UKIP well i cant bring myself to vote UKIP with their association with Tommy Robinson that's ruined it for me) saying that if the Brexit party is not on the ballot paper and its a choice between the devil and the deep blue sea then. UKIP it is.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bee said:

of course they were all pretty much convinced that Remain would win the day
at that time and more than willing to listen to the Remainers People and to honour
their  vote THEN..... but the script didn't work out that way.... so they've had to move
the goalposts... but but we have more info now... but but the bus thing....
but but the Remainers People must have another vote.... but but....

This video should be shown in the houses of parliament, not that it would make any difference to those traitors. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

Same here.

the longer this brexit caper goes on for the more chance the UK will not even leave. save your vote and money.

7 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

the longer this brexit caper goes on for the more chance the UK will not even leave. save your vote and money.

If it carries on 6 months we might make it to 1000 pages

2 hours ago, bee said:

Farage is just looking to make money. brexit is going to be a Labour compromise and they'll take it to a peoples referendum if Farage gains anymore traction than the 70 odd marches that rolled themselves outta the pub the other week. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

This video should be shown in the houses of parliament, not that it would make any difference to those traitors. 

you mean the traitors that promised to leave the EU and still trade in the single market unhindered? 

8 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Farage is just looking to make money. brexit is going to be a Labour compromise and they'll take it to a peoples referendum if Farage gains anymore traction than the 70 odd marches that rolled themselves outta the pub the other week. 

re the bolded..... now I KNOW you are either taking the p*** or you have no real understanding of what's
going on with Farage and the Brexit Party...

that's just crazy talk..

4 minutes ago, bee said:

re the bolded..... now I KNOW you are either taking the p*** or you have no real understanding of what's
going on with Farage and the Brexit Party...

that's just crazy talk..

why is it crazy? he's bankrupt. he spent 20 years as a EU MP getting paid from them to denounce the EU. this guy is just buying himself a job and the chance to accumulate favours from the rich. 

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

you mean the traitors that promised to leave the EU and still trade in the single market unhindered? 

I don't understand your post.

1 minute ago, hetrodoxly said:

people voted brexit because the brexiteers campaigned on unmolested access for British trade with the single market. they also voted because they promised that there would be 350 million pounds extra every week for the NHS which was strange considering that the leave campaign was top heavy with Tories. Tories are not known for being generous to public health. in short the people voted Brexit but Brexit built to lies. 

look at this like a business contract. the brexiteers failed to deliver the terms of the contract. therefore the contract is null and void. another referendum OR what May is doing. giving the UK Brexit on the VERY terms that were promised. Free trade and access to the EU's single market and customs union. 

1 minute ago, hetrodoxly said:

The birth of the Brexit Party has sent him off the rails.... :D....:innocent:

1 minute ago, bee said:

what do you expect me to do? ignore the pregnancy screams and pain. 

9 minutes ago, bee said:

It's just the usual tripe we've been hearing for 252 pages, he obviously got a different pamphlet through his door. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Brexit party launches today. Nigel Farage as leader, Does the fight back start today? he mobilised the peoples army last time around you wouldn't put it past him to do it again.

They've got one vote here.

steve, don't you think its a little foolish to think that the people that voted brexit are outraged after the lies and deceit of the Brexit campaign have been exposed? 

i mean why else could Farage only muster 70 marches the other week. 

13 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

what do you expect me to do? ignore the pregnancy screams and pain. 

well Nige likes a little flutter*... 

if you pop to the Bookies** where you live maybe you can make yourself a bob*** or two...

*bet

** Bookmakers (betting shop)

*** Historically, bob was slang for a British shilling (12 old pence, pre-decimalisation, and 20 shillings to a pound). ... Brewer's 1870 Dictionary of Phrase and Fable states that 'bob' could be derived from 'Bawbee', which was 16-19th century slang for a half-penny.

or alternately... use an online bookmaker 

2 minutes ago, bee said:

well Nige likes a little flutter*... 

if you pop to the Bookies** where you live maybe you can make yourself a bob*** or two...

*bet

** Bookmakers (betting shop)

*** Historically, bob was slang for a British shilling (12 old pence, pre-decimalisation, and 20 shillings to a pound). ... Brewer's 1870 Dictionary of Phrase and Fable states that 'bob' could be derived from 'Bawbee', which was 16-19th century slang for a half-penny.

or alternately... use an online bookmaker 

its a bad bet. and yes Australians are familiar with the term 'bob.' all this will do is divide the Tory party and the right vote. i noticed that Mogg's sister is now a member of Farage's new money making scheme. she's just as posh as her brother and any appeal will be limited to the right wing nutters that have joined Ukip. 

• Like 1