Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

keithisco

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

its a bad bet. and yes Australians are familiar with the term 'bob.' all this will do is divide the Tory party and the right vote. i noticed that Mogg's sister is now a member of Farage's new money making scheme. she's just as posh as her brother and any appeal will be limited to the right wing nutters that have joined Ukip. 

very funny :no:

Between UKIP and the Brexit Party all classes of British Society are covered
ready for the exodus away from Labour and Conservative...

have a nice day (fuming about the Brits and Brexit)....
it's my bedtime now... :st

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bee said:

very funny :no:

Between UKIP and the Brexit Party all classes of British Society are covered
ready for the exodus away from Labour and Conservative...

have a nice day (fuming about the Brits and Brexit)....
it's my bedtime now... :st

count all the broken promises the brexiteers made and that should put you to sleep. 

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, bee said:

Just a titbit about the new Brexit Party..... Jacob Rees Mogg's sister has joined them...
Annunziata  (never heard that name before... )

Because when you've failed as a Tory candidate (twice) what else can you do but join the Brexit Party? 

Edited by Setton

10 hours ago, Setton said:

Because when you've failed as a Tory candidate (twice) what else can you do but join the Brexit Party? 

I see Boris's Father wants to stand as a pro Europe Tory source

Sir John Redwood MP.

Letter to the Attorney General about the legal impact of signing the wrongly named Withdrawal Treaty

Dear Geoffrey

Let me have another go at getting a reply from you concerning the way the Withdrawal Agreement stops us leaving the EU. Would you kindly confirm

1. If we sign this Treaty we will be locked into the EU and have to obey all its rules and pay all the bills it sends us for a period of at least 21 months, and probably for 45 months if we have not surrendered further to reach an exit agreement at the 21 month stage. This would mean remaining in the EU for at least 5 years from the decision to leave and probably for 7 years. The EU would be able to legislate and spend against UK interests during this period, whilst we would have no vote or voice in the matter.

2. In order to “leave” in your terms at the 5 to 7 year stage the UK will need to stay in the customs union and accept all single market rules and laws, unless the EU relented over the alleged Irish border issue. 3 years on and the EU has given no ground on the made up border issue, so why would they over the next two years? Isn’t the most likely outcome we would remain in the single market and customs union contrary to the government promise leaving meant leaving them in its referendum literature ?

3. After the 45 month period fully in the EU, the UK still would face financial obligations under the Withdrawal Treaty. The bills will be decided by the EU and we will have to pay them. Any attempt to query them would be adjudicated by the EU’s own court! The longer we stay in the more the future bills are likely to be. The £39 bn figure is likely to be a considerable underestimate.

4 The Treaty creates a category of super citizen in the UK. EU nationals living in the UK when we “leave” the EU will have their access to benefits guaranteed in a way the rest of us do not for their entire lifetimes. So we will not be taking back control of our benefit system.

I am also concerned about a number of Articles in the draft Treaty that expressly extend EU powers and jurisdiction for a further 4 to 8 years beyond our departure date after the 21 to 45 month delay.

Article 5 reintroduces the powers of the European Court and enforces “sincere co-operation ” on us as they do not want us impeding their plans for economic, monetary and political union.
Article 31 imposes social security co-ordination on us.
Article 39 gives special protection to EU citizens currently living in the UK from changes to social security for the whole of their lives, protection which the rest of us do not enjoy.
Article 51 applies parts of the VAT regime for an additional 5 years after the long transition envisaged in the Treaty
Articles 92-3 imposes the EU state aids regime on the UK for 4 years beyond transition
Article 95 imposes binding decisions by EU quangos and bodies for 4 years beyond transition
Article 99 requires us to pay for access to records to handle issues over indirect tax where the EU keeps powers for 4 years beyond transition
Article 127 applies the whole panoply of EU law throughout transition, including the right to legislate any way they wish against our interests and enforce it on us via the ECJ
Article 130 prevents us taking back control of our fish any time soon. Doubtless more of our fishing rights would be given away trying to get an exit deal.
Article 135 allows them to send extra bills up to the end of 2028
Article 140 imposes on us financial liabilities up to December 2020 and carry over into 2021
Articles 144 and 150 prevent us getting back accumulated reserves and profits from our European Investment Fund and EIB shareholdings
Article 143 imposes adverse conditions on us over pension and loan liabilities of the Union
Article 155 requires to make continuing payments to Turkey under an EU programme after we have left
Article 158 gives the European Court continuing power for 8 years after transition
Article 164 makes a Joint Committee an effective legislator and government over us
Article 174 requires any arbitration to be governed by ECJ judgements on the application of law in disputes
The Protocol on Northern Ireland will require us to stay in the Customs Union with regulatory and legal alignment with the single market, or split off a separate place called UK (NI) which will be governed differently to the rest of the UK on an island of Ireland basis.
There is much more I could object to. This is no Treaty to take back control, no Treaty for a newly independent nation. It does not quantify the financial liabilities, which are open ended and could be much larger than the low field £39bn Treasury estimate. We have little power to abate the bills and no power to abort the bills. It would probably result even in failure to take back control of our fishing grounds.
Mrs May needs to go back to the EU and explain why the UK people and Parliament have opposed this Treaty, and ask them to think again if they want an agreement before we leave. She needs to make it clear we now intend to leave without signing the Withdrawal Agreement prior to the European Parliamentary elections.
Yours
John Redwood

Sir John Redwood MP.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2019 at 8:45 AM, Setton said:

Ahhh, Annunziata the posh and privileged sister of Jacob Rees Moggs to represent the betrayed common folk against the globalist establishment. 

Winning!

Brexit Party rising in the polls, 3% to 4% to 6% now 8%. i expect by the time of the EU election of MEP's it'll be polling around 26% of the vote. While Theresa May swims in deep waters (out of her depth), Nigel Farage rises up like the shark in Jaws.

8 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Brexit Party rising in the polls, 3% to 4% to 6% now 8%. i expect by the time of the EU election of MEP's it'll be polling around 26% of the vote. While Theresa May swims in deep waters (out of her depth), Nigel Farage rises up like the shark in Jaws.

I suspect the problem for the Brexit Party is going to be not enough candidates or funds to challenge anywhere near enough seats. For that reason if I see both Brexit Party and UKIP on my polling paper then UKIP will be getting my vote as its more likely to result in what we want - Brexit.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 11:45 PM, Setton said:

For a few years there were rumours circulating off an MP in Parliament from an extreme far right background. Yes thats right, it was Jacob Rees-Mogg! The BBC tried to give him a hard time over his complete anti-immigration stance but he skilfully dealt with them. That was the only and last time they dared raise it.

For me immigration has gone so far I would vote for that guy as Prime Minister. We have enough, lets shut shop for 100 years, lets revoke all those EU work visas, and find a new way of building a successful economy. I`m not surprised to find he has family members total anti-EU, if she is on my ballet paper I would vote for her too.

The British people are reasonable. They like helping genuine people in need and even arent that bothered and a genuine brain drain in. That is not what we have had over the last 60 years. The vast majority of it has been low skilled working class migrants allowed in for immigrations sake not because we need them.

Edited by RabidMongoose

On 16/04/2019 at 9:56 AM, stevewinn said:

• Like 2

Wow.. that's one HECK of an increase. It seems that the bulk of it is defecting UKIP members ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

Brexit Party - 27% and UKIP - 7% puts leave way out in front, that can't be right all the brexiteers have changed their minds. 

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Wow.. that's one HECK of an increase. It seems that the bulk of it is defecting UKIP members ? 

UKIP, Tory & Labour. We need a national victory for the Brexit Party Followed by the Brexit Party carrying forward to become an established domestic party. One which can seriously damage both Labour and Tories. Break the monopoly. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Interesting that their increase is mostly at UKIPs expense. Suggests popularity for no deal isn't actually growing, just people believe the Brexit Party is more capable than UKIP. 

4 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

Brexit Party - 27% and UKIP - 7% puts leave way out in front, that can't be right all the brexiteers have changed their minds. 

Umm... no it doesn't. If we're combining parties, that gives no deal a 34% share of the vote. Meaning 66% do not want to leave without a deal. 

But I thought 52% voted explicitly to leave without a deal in 2016?

So which is it? Is no deal becoming less popular or did a substantial proportion ofleVe voters expect a deal? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Setton said:

Interesting that their increase is mostly at UKIPs expense. Suggests popularity for no deal isn't actually growing, just people believe the Brexit Party is more capable than UKIP. 

Umm... no it doesn't. If we're combining parties, that gives no deal a 34% share of the vote. Meaning 66% do not want to leave without a deal. 

But I thought 52% voted explicitly to leave without a deal in 2016?

So which is it? Is no deal becoming less popular or did a substantial proportion ofleVe voters expect a deal? 

That's nonsense, if you want to stay in the EU vote Lib-Dem, by your reckoning that's 9%, so 91% of voters want to leave there will be those who hope Mays deal will be brought back again and there's people who vote through party loyalty regardless, the news Story here is a brand spanking new party is out in front, your strange logic is those who voted leave won't vote for the party they've always voted for, but those who voted remain will.

2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

I think we broke Verhofstadt guys

The proof of the puddings right there when he says you were hoping to get the UK to stay, this is because the quislings cheats and traitors  told the EU how to thwart Brexit, if straight after the vote if everyone had accepted the democratic decision of the people and had got behind it we'd have a good deal with the EU that suited both them and us.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

The proof of the puddings right there when he says you were hoping to get the UK to stay, this is because the quislings cheats and traitors  told the EU how to thwart Brexit, if straight after the vote if everyone had accepted the democratic decision of the people and had got behind it we'd have a good deal with the EU that suited both them and us.

I think Farage might end up being a PM yet.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

I think Farage might end up being a PM yet.

He couldn't do a worse job than the current incumbents. I've said it before, this man exists to save Britain. he was knocked over as a child, and nearly had to have his leg amputated, he then as a young man had cancer and survived that, and if all that wasnt enough he walked away from this plane crash. its clear God has plans for him, and as we've established God is British, its clear he is the chosen one. - to save British democracy. and with God on your side who can be against you. 

farage-ukip-plane-_3230062b.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, stevewinn said:

He couldn't do a worse job than the current incumbents. I've said it before, this man exists to save Britain. he was knocked over as a child, and nearly had to have his leg amputated, he then as a young man had cancer and survived that, and if all that wasnt enough he walked away from this plane crash. its clear God has plans for him, and as we've established God is British, its clear he is the chosen one. - to save British democracy. and with God on your side who can be against you. 

farage-ukip-plane-_3230062b.jpg

I cant tell if God is British or American, but he is one of them.

Maybe a reunification is yet to come.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 2

Super-Nige....

In a plane crash...?  nothing sissy like stretcher and neck brace needed..

just yank him to his feet and off he goes again... :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

meanwhile.... the court case... judicial review about Brexit continues..
and procedural things are happening..  

ie.. did we actually leave on the 29th of March..

what a delicious twist that would be - all those MPs stuck in Parliament - hour after hour, day after day trying to defy the
will of the people and stop it...and we had already left.. ^_^

apparently some lawyers think the case is strong that we did leave on March 29th...
one of them remarking it is said  (4.45)... that the Governments Goose was cooked... 

but no doubt there will be Remainer Judges with no shame that will do everything they can to impede
the case...

haven't seen a further update yet..

nitty gritty begins at 3:18..

Brexit Court Case Update 16th April 2019 (Big Day 17th)

Edited by bee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1