Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

keithisco

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

- Germany’s recent export slump was driven mainly by weaker sales to Britain rather than the broader trade war, data showed on Wednesday, after Brexit had an unusually big impact on Europe’s largest economy in the second quarter.

Fancy that, we were told the German economy was largely impervious to UK trade. Apparently not. ;)

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-germany-economy-exports-analysis/its-brexit-not-trump-germanys-export-slump-mainly-caused-by-britain-idUKKCN1VI1IS?rpc=401&

• Like 4

Well the Germans are exporting more to us than we do to them , especially the car industry, but of course they will blame anything on Brexit . Wait and see what happens after October 31st , I for one will be laughing my socks off when the Germans come whinging to us , about their cars , and other devises. All German cars are good for is tailgating when you are observing the British speed limits and they can't pass ,due to oncoming traffic. ftg.

• Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

Well the Germans are exporting more to us than we do to them , especially the car industry, but of course they will blame anything on Brexit . Wait and see what happens after October 31st , I for one will be laughing my socks off when the Germans come whinging to us , about their cars , and other devises. All German cars are good for is tailgating when you are observing the British speed limits and they can't pass ,due to oncoming traffic. ftg.

As a German colleague said to me only yesterday in regard to  UK - EU talks. The UK talks economy, EU talks politics. This is why once we have left the EU we can talk direct to Germany about a bilateral trade deal. bypassing the politics of the Commission, Juncker, Barnier and Tusk.

France to begin one-month no deal Brexit dress rehearsal -

Some 700 extra customs officers have been drafted in and authorities will also introduce online border declarations forcing companies to announce their goods prior to arriving at the border.“

"There will be barcodes and numbered plates or merchandise ... and without stopping at the border, your goods will go directly to Britain. There will be no queues of tens and tens of kilometers.”

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-france-calais/france-to-begin-one-month-no-deal-brexit-dress-rehearsal-minister-idUKKCN1VK0X6

Edited by L.A.T.1961
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

France to begin one-month no deal Brexit dress rehearsal -

Some 700 extra customs officers have been drafted in and authorities will also introduce online border declarations forcing companies to announce their goods prior to arriving at the border.“

"There will be barcodes and numbered plates or merchandise ... and without stopping at the border, your goods will go directly to Britain. There will be no queues of tens and tens of kilometers.”

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-france-calais/france-to-begin-one-month-no-deal-brexit-dress-rehearsal-minister-idUKKCN1VK0X6

We ( The upright, moral, good law abiding brave Brexiteers) have known all along it can be done, the less said about the others the better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

All Despite Brexit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Despite Brussels talking up the special importance of the Good Friday Agreement Juncker has admitted today that the EU's red lines on border rules are more important than avoiding potential peace/trade implications on the island of Ireland. 

Juncker said - "Brussels will make sure that the interests of the EU and of the internal market will be preserved."

He then went on to contradict himself in a pre-recorded interview with Sky News' Sophy Ridge by declaring -

"I'm not an architect of new border stations,"  and  "The EU will not be responsible for any kind of consequences of a no-deal Brexit, saying Brexit was a "British decision." 

Commission president Juncker might think that but others will hold a different view. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i see the UK sent proposals to the EU, asked for them to remain confidential. surprise surprise they were leaked. at the same time, as the Govts negotiator was in one room, in another room the commission was asking UK opposition MP's from the Labour and Lib Dems what the arithmetic likely was in Parliament to get Theresa Mays WA through if they tweak it. 

When is the Treason act going to be enforced on these quislings.

• Like 1

MPs were so desperate to get back into Parliament. over two days what have they done? nothing expect ask or an apology from Geoffrey Cox because he called them Turkeys, outraged because Boris called the WA a surrender document which it is, and he called MP's humbugs. oh and they voted to not allow a recess for the Tory party conference. even though the Lib Dems and Labour had theirs.

people can see right through them. this Parliament and bunch of MP's is going to pay a massive price at the ballot box.

• Like 1

Its day 3 since MP's all wanted to rush back to Parliament "to get on with it". what's happened in those three days? nothing, the whole court case was to give Boris a kicking. nothing more nothing less. since the supreme court ruling i see no consequences that have arisen from it.

18 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Its day 3 since MP's all wanted to rush back to Parliament "to get on with it". what's happened in those three days? nothing, the whole court case was to give Boris a kicking. nothing more nothing less. since the supreme court ruling i see no consequences that have arisen from it.

There are only two things they can do and they didnt need to rush back for either.

Pass a vote of no confidence, or agree to a General Election. Neither has happened because the opposition do not want a General Election via whatever route.

They dont want the people to have their say via representative Democracy, they want the people to have a say using the means that MPs can then subvert while keeping their jobs.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

There are only two things they can do and they didnt need to rush back for either.

Pass a vote of no confidence, or agree to a General Election. Neither has happened because the opposition do not want a General Election via whatever route.

They dont want the people to have their say via representative Democracy, they want the people to have a say using the means that MPs can then subvert while keeping their jobs.

exactly.

The time as now passed to hold a General Election before the 31st Oct.

The EU summit is the 17th & 18th Oct. last chance for the EU to get a deal with the UK.

The house then reconvenes on Monday 21st Oct. Boris updates the House as to the Summit on the 17th & 18th.

The opposition then either vote down what Boris puts before Parliament. on losing that vote they then call a vote of no confidence. If the VONC is passed. they then have 14 days inwhich to form a Govt. 14 days from Monday 21st. is 4th Oct. and we'd have left by then.

As i suspect the agents in the field will know on the 17th what's been agreed or not agreed as the EU masters tell them in advance of the House being officially updated by the Prime Minster. So a vote of no confidence could be called at the earliest on the 17th Oct. If that where to happen 14 days from the 17th is our leaving date. 31st Oct. under the Law and we all know how remainers like the Law Boris could request a second VONC. which takes us past the 31st October.

The time for the remainers has run out. just look how desperate they have become over the last few days panic has taken hold. now worried Boris might use Privy Council Henry VIII powers to overrule the Benn Bill.

The EU's best offer in the entire world/universe and the one their sticking to is the WA, which is a international treaty of abject surrender joining us to the EU, until such time they saw fit to release us, which, as likely as not be ever released, because we are the second biggest Financial Contributors. and the MP's don't like it being called a surrender document because they don't want the great unwashed realising that it's merely an instrument of abject surrender.

• Thanks 2

Today we have Government of the Government by the Government for the Government, something i didn't think i'd see even in my wildest dreams, a left wing media that Russia would be proud of, the worse thing that could happen is Conservatives and the Brexit party split the vote, if they won't come together maybe the people can, as the greens, Lib/Dems and labour did.

Hard to believe there was a Tory coalition government with the Lib-Dems just a few years ago.  Would be unthinkable to repeat that with another hung parliament on the way.

Edited by Aaron2016

Don't know why the Lib-Dems want to share a bed with the Conservatives - the conservative are the biggest offenders of a normal liberal society.

9 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

Hard to believe there was a Tory coalition government with the Lib-Dems just a few years ago.  Would be unthinkable to repeat that with another hung parliament on the way.

and were paying the price for that Tory coalition with the Limp dems in return for their support - got the fixed term Parliament act brought in. because they wanted to be part of the coalition from start to finish, they didnt want to be booted out half way through by the Tories. -  they if they could remain part of the coalition for the full term it would show people they were credible and fit to govern. and look at what that fixed term parliament act as led to day. - we also get to thank them for writing into law that 0.7% of GDP £13bn HAS to be spent on foreign aid annually. next year that'll be £15.3Bn. year after £16.7%.

Edited by stevewinn

On 9/22/2019 at 3:24 PM, stevewinn said:

i see the UK sent proposals to the EU, asked for them to remain confidential. surprise surprise they were leaked. at the same time, as the Govts negotiator was in one room, in another room the commission was asking UK opposition MP's from the Labour and Lib Dems what the arithmetic likely was in Parliament to get Theresa Mays WA through if they tweak it. 

When is the Treason act going to be enforced on these quislings.

We have MPs working with the EU to frustrate Brexit.

I suspect they are the same ones trying to prevent a General Election, a Vote of No Confidence, and the Brexit leave vote being implemented. 

Democracy has failed. Is it not time for the Queen to overrule Parliament yet?

15 hours ago, stevewinn said:

exactly.

The time as now passed to hold a General Election before the 31st Oct.

The EU summit is the 17th & 18th Oct. last chance for the EU to get a deal with the UK.

The house then reconvenes on Monday 21st Oct. Boris updates the House as to the Summit on the 17th & 18th.

The opposition then either vote down what Boris puts before Parliament. on losing that vote they then call a vote of no confidence. If the VONC is passed. they then have 14 days inwhich to form a Govt. 14 days from Monday 21st. is 4th Oct. and we'd have left by then.

As i suspect the agents in the field will know on the 17th what's been agreed or not agreed as the EU masters tell them in advance of the House being officially updated by the Prime Minster. So a vote of no confidence could be called at the earliest on the 17th Oct. If that where to happen 14 days from the 17th is our leaving date. 31st Oct. under the Law and we all know how remainers like the Law Boris could request a second VONC. which takes us past the 31st October.

The time for the remainers has run out. just look how desperate they have become over the last few days panic has taken hold. now worried Boris might use Privy Council Henry VIII powers to overrule the Benn Bill.

The EU's best offer in the entire world/universe and the one their sticking to is the WA, which is a international treaty of abject surrender joining us to the EU, until such time they saw fit to release us, which, as likely as not be ever released, because we are the second biggest Financial Contributors. and the MP's don't like it being called a surrender document because they don't want the great unwashed realising that it's merely an instrument of abject surrender.

Still head in the sand over the whole 'legally required to request an extension' then? 

7 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

We have MPs working with the EU to frustrate Brexit.

I suspect they are the same ones trying to prevent a General Election, a Vote of No Confidence, and the Brexit leave vote being implemented. 

Democracy has failed. Is it not time for the Queen to overrule Parliament yet?

I doubt the Queen will step in, YET, it hasn't got to that stage. but were fast approaching it.

I think the Queen will be much more happy watching from a distance while the people's wrath is unleashed towards Parliament.

I see today they are still going after Boris once again. He was last Mayor 3 years ago, but all of a sudden. their trying to say there are claims that US entrepreneur Jennifer Arcuri received public money and privileged access to foreign trade missions while Mr Johnson was mayor.

Desperate are the remainers in Parliament. trawling hoping something sticks. Obviously the supreme court case failed. so its on to the next thing. (we can all see its politically motivated)

Talk of a Vote of No confidence next week as they panic. knowing they have to do something before the 17th Oct.

• Like 1

In town this morning I saw a man all dressed in Euro gear ,hat , scarf , anorak , and flag , giving the public leaflets (or trying to )as they walked past him . Out of 30 people walking past only 2 accepted his leaflet ,one chap shouted at him "the second word is Off", then he moved on .People were laughing at his clothing and his pathetic attempt .What a clown , haha, LOL . This is a Tory stronghold but people are wearing Brexit badges . 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

In town this morning I saw a man all dressed in Euro gear ,hat , scarf , anorak , and flag , giving the public leaflets (or trying to )as they walked past him . Out of 30 people walking past only 2 accepted his leaflet ,one chap shouted at him "the second word is Off", then he moved on .People were laughing at his clothing and his pathetic attempt .What a clown , haha, LOL . This is a Tory stronghold but people are wearing Brexit badges . 

A good shaming and public humiliation is appropriate lol.

But if he/she had the self-confidence to don such an outfit, something tells me it will make little difference.

Edited by RabidMongoose

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

Talk of a Vote of No confidence next week as they panic. knowing they have to do something before the 17th Oct.

the only reason this hasn't happened is because of lack of desire to see Corbyn as interim PM. 

The fact that is being opined now is because they fear no deal more than Corbyn. If you have a no confidence vote next week - it will be because the opposition have the numbers to back Corbyn as interim PM, so you would not get your Brexit on 31/10/19.

In other words a confidence vote now is bad news for those wanting out in 4 weeks or so, irrespective of why it is called.