Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

keithisco

9 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Just saw that Boris came to a agreement with the EU. Can anyone sum up for me what the difference is between his deal and Mays?

We will be able to make our own trade deals, take control of our own borders, and really make our own laws, all the reasons we voted to leave the EU, it's got to get through parliament and if it doesn't which is highly possible we should go for the second best option 'no deal'

• Like 2

3 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

And from your communist far left opposition & their Momentum twonks we have :

"Labour blocked three Deals, then blocked No Deal, then blocked a People's Vote because they "wanted an election", then blocked an election, then said they would "do anything to stop No Deal", and now oppose Boris' Deal irrespective of content."

u turns indeed.

I've been far from supporting Labour's position on any of this. 

Of course, you won't believe that because it doesn't fit your simplistic fantasy but there's no cure for stupid. 

13 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

You are remaining. Only not with any political clout in the EU. Out but tied to its institutions and trade.

Here he is my second favourite Australian after skippy the bush kangaroo. oh dear your revelations, tell me if this deal ties us to EU institutions and trade in essence still tied to the EU why are the remainers going to vote against the deal? surely they'd be voting in favour. lets hope the HoC votes against the deal then hey, and we Leave with no deal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Setton said:

Of course, you won't believe that because it doesn't fit your simplistic fantasy but there's no cure for stupid. 

Ah, you've not found one yet then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Here he is my second favourite Australian after skippy the bush kangaroo. oh dear your revelations, tell me if this deal ties us to EU institutions and trade in essence still tied to the EU why are the remainers going to vote against the deal? surely they'd be voting in favour. lets hope the HoC votes against the deal then hey, and we Leave with no deal.

I don't think he is an Australian. Why would an Australian be so vehemently opposed the the U.K. becoming more like Australia. Unless of course he's one of those lefty liberal self loathing types, like remainers are over here? (think i've just answered my own question.)

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Ah, you've not found one yet then?

If I had, you'd have been one of the first to receive it. 

9 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

"Labour blocked three Deals, then blocked No Deal, then blocked a People's Vote because they "wanted an election", then blocked an election, then said they would "do anything to stop No Deal", and now oppose Boris' Deal irrespective of content."

u turns indeed.

They oppose as a political strategy not because it has anything to do with Brexit.

But if a General Election is shortly inbound they will pay for that.

Edited by RabidMongoose

8 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

We will be able to make our own trade deals, take control of our own borders, and really make our own laws, all the reasons we voted to leave the EU, it's got to get through parliament and if it doesn't which is highly possible we should go for the second best option 'no deal'

With such a good deal I think Boris should just go for a General Election.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Setton said:

Thats some backtrack.

But I wont hold it against you now you are onboard!

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Thats some backtrack.

7 hours ago, Setton said:

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

I don't think he is an Australian. Why would an Australian be so vehemently opposed the the U.K. becoming more like Australia. Unless of course he's one of those lefty liberal self loathing types, like remainers are over here? (think i've just answered my own question.)

The Oz are against anything good for the U.K. and their beer is crap ,that's why they are so bad tempered .They even put XXXX on a brew called Castlemaine because they weren't allow to put S*** on the can .

Edited by spud the mackem
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

u turns indeed.

The problem is Corbyn said that he is a Leaver , but most of his shadow cabinet are remainers , so in order to keep his highly paid job he has to agree with them . 

While watching t.v. yesterday I noticed that there were no Euro flags outside the H.O.C. , no one shouting remain , all quiet on the western front ,perhaps they've all gone to Brussels , or back into their caves.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Thats some backtrack.

Its rumoured in recent days @Setton has been to Damascus. 

55 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

While watching t.v. yesterday I noticed that there were no Euro flags outside the H.O.C. , no one shouting remain , all quiet on the western front ,perhaps they've all gone to Brussels , or back into their caves.

notice that myself. but i guess even the unemployed need a weekend off.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Setton said:

So you don't support Labour on any of this, you obviously don't support the Tories on this, that just leaves the lib dems. So you support cancelling brexit unilaterally and just ignore the British public.

Boy are the lib dems going to have an up hill battle at the next general election. "Vote for us, the party that completely ignores you when we feel like it"

I tell you, I can't wait for one of the ar**holes to knock on my front door asking for my support at the next G.E. I'll make the b*****d squirm. 

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

Is there a deal that can take us out gradually step by step with a series of proposed departmental transitional phases, so that each service can adapt gradually to the change?  That way, we can deal with any bumps on the road during the transition.  The deal should layout a 5 year timeline to ensure our exit is smooth and manageable for all parties and will greatly reduce the uncertainty as we go forward together with a coalition government.

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Like 1

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

Is there a deal that can take us out gradually step by step with a series of proposed departmental transitional phases, so that each service can adapt gradually to the change?  That way, we can deal with any bumps on the road during the transition.  The deal should layout a 5 year timeline to ensure our exit is smooth and manageable for all parties and will greatly reduce the uncertainty as we go forward together with a coalition government.

I don't see much in the way of problems with Boris's deal, there's going to be no issue with jams at ports etc, if they vote it down the only coalition i can see is The Brexit party and conservatives.

Parliament just voted to force Boris to ask for an extension until the Brexit deal is passed.

Boris has told Parliament where to go and that they cannot legally force him to do that. Excellent lol. Lets see if Corbyn asks for a vote of no confidence!!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Parliament just voted to force Boris to ask for an extension until the Brexit deal is passed.

Boris has told Parliament where to go and that they cannot legally force him to do that. Excellent lol. Lets see if Corbyn asks for a vote of no confidence!!

It's funny isn't it the remainer MPs wanted a meaningful vote. They got that. In voting for boris's deal. But instead they decide not to vote on boris's deal tonight instead they want another extention just in case they lose the vote. What a shameful lot they are. Don't have the courage to Revoke Article 50. So keep on with silly little votes. Let's hope it now leads to No Deal. They had their chance. 

The other question is why or what reason do they need an extention when the EU's new deal is on the table ready to be voted upon. Do they think the EU is going to re-open the talks once again for a third time. 

• Like 1

Also to add what was that all about with Jo Swinson the Lib Dem leader trying to get the speaker Bercow to suspend the session and for him to write the letter to the EU asking for the extention. 

Boris said  "I will not negotiate a delay with the EU and neither does the law compel me to do so."

It looks as though we are getting closer to finding out if he has a legal loop hole, the remainers in parliament  are now complaining about not debating the queens speech on Monday that they did not want to have a few weeks ago.

Rees Mogg has implemented a stalling action that cannot be changed today which is also causing much wailing and gnashing of teeth. 

Edited by L.A.T.1961
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

Boris said  "I will not negotiate a delay with the EU and neither does the law compel me to do so."

It looks as though we are getting closer to finding out if he has a legal loop hole, the remainers in parliament  are now complaining about not debating the queens speech on Monday that they did not want to have a few weeks ago.

Rees Mogg has implemented a stalling action that cannot be changed today which is also causing much wailing and gnashing of teeth. 

The speaker Bercow has said he will write and send the letter if asked to do so. I hope he does. He hope Boris sends a letter. 

28 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

Point of Order raised by Rees Mogg has no effect on the requirement to write the letter.

Edited by RAyMO