Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

keithisco

11 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

And why are all the other parties **** scared to have  G.E. ? It's a rhetorical question, we all know the answer.

image.png.457e66ab2fe5be02533fc0a283886a72.png.33478992ebe4ef088377b47beca2be47.png

And I think after Ms Swinsons interventions, you can paint over a few of those orange areas in blue.

Ah -- N Ireland gone already I see ;)

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

And why are all the other parties **** scared to have  G.E. ? It's a rhetorical question, we all know the answer.

image.png.457e66ab2fe5be02533fc0a283886a72.png.33478992ebe4ef088377b47beca2be47.png

And I think after Ms Swinsons interventions, you can paint over a few of those orange areas in blue.

Besides, the one in the middle at the bottom there, with the sticky out bit at the bottom, just as an example, coloured (naturally) blue, that's the consistency of Sir Ollie Letwin, who, as I expect you're probably aware, could hardly be described as BRX. And as Sir Boris' way of dealing with all who seek to defy him seems to be to expel them from the Party into the outer darkness, there'd be lots more and probably steadily increasing in number.

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome

29th March. 12th April. 31st October. January 31st 2020. have all been the leave dates. Parliament have been reading their book of politics 101. If the People instruct you to do something against your will via a democratic vote then.

1. rule 1) continue the pretence that democracy exists. (pass article 50)
  2. rule 2) Buy time. while upholding democracy, run a fear campaign. (project fear)
  3. rule 3) if rule 2 doesn't work. Continue with rule (2) with backing from foreign leaders and leaders of institutions to give credence to claims. (project fear 2.0) 
  4. rule 4) if rule 3 doesn't work revert to rule (1) while playing for time.
  5. rule 5) if rule 4 doesn't work revert to rule (2) while continuing to play for time. (project fear 3.0) avert holding a General Election.
  6. rule 6) if rule 5 continues NOT to work, then revert to rule (4) and hope events work in your favour. i.e; recession. national emergency, an event that can be seized upon.
  7. rule 7) You should now be 5 years after the vote. population exacerbated by it all. interest by general population decreased. once chances of voter turnout guaranteed to be low. condition population to accept a second referendum in line with EU protocol. (whilst avoiding direct democracy via a General Election) 
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Besides, the one in the middle at the bottom there, with the sticky out bit at the bottom, just as an example, coloured (naturally) blue, that's the consistency of Sir Ollie Letwin, who, as I expect you're probably aware, could hardly be described as BRX. And as Sir Boris' way of dealing with all who seek to defy him seems to be to expel them from the Party into the outer darkness, there'd be lots more and probably steadily increasing in number.

My apologies Dumbledore, I have no idea the point you are making.

5 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

where did you get that intriguing graphic from? By BRX I presume you mean pro-Brexit parties, so are you trying to claim that the Tories and/or the Brexit party have an overwhelming hold on every part of the England and most of Wales outside what looks like three or four seats that Labour might possibly retain? What was the source of this piece of spectacular optimism? 

It was the BBC graphic of how the country voted in this years European elections (so from a source batting for the other side so to speak), sorry I presumed you were up to speed on all this. It gives you a taste of what's to come & why the Labour party are running scared of a general election (especially with comrade Corbyn at the helm).

Edited by itsnotoutthere

2 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

It was the BBC graphic of how the country voted in this years European elections (so from a source batting for the other side so to speak), sorry I presumed you were up to speed on all this. It gives you a taste of what's to come & why the Labour party are running scared of a general election (especially with comrade Corbyn at the helm).

Nobody want s a general election (except the Tories and BP) because no one wants to take the blame for the mess the tories have made. Except for Farage's lot who are thick enough to believe they can make it work. 

Boris Johnson calls for UK election

The British prime minister said Thursday he will give MPs more time to debate his Brexit deal if they agree to a December 12 general election.

“The way to get Brexit done is to, I think, be reasonable with parliament ... if they genuinely want more time to study this excellent deal they can have it but they have to agree to a general election on December 12,” Boris Johnson told TV broadcasters in an interview. “It is time, frankly, that the opposition summon up the nerve to submit themselves to the judgement of our collective boss, which is the people of the U.K.”

https://www.politico.eu/article/boris-johnson-calls-for-uk-election-on-december-12/

2 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

So what does BRX signify then? All those where they voted for brexit-supporting parties? (including therefore presumably, at the time, the Conservative or Tory party)? 

Just now, L.A.T.1961 said:

. “It is time, frankly, that the opposition summon up the nerve to submit themselves to the judgement of our collective boss, which is the people of the U.K.”

No it isn't. That comes 5 years after the previous election. Why would the opposition risk letting him off the hook and clean up his mess for him? 

1 minute ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

The way to get Brexit done is to, I think, be reasonable with parliament ... if they genuinely want more time to study this excellent deal they can have it

What he meant to say, and may have done so in the original draft, was "if they genuinely want yet more time to study this excellent deal they can shove it up their backsides."

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

So what does BRX signify then? All those where they voted for brexit-supporting parties? (including therefore presumably, at the time, the Conservative or Tory party)? 

Er......Brexit party. Didn't you hear, they creamed everybody in the European elections. 

Just now, itsnotoutthere said:

Er......Brexit party. Didn't you hear, they creamed everybody in the European elections. 

that's what I mean, were they really standing everywhere and did they really win nearly everywhere? 

2 minutes ago, Setton said:

No it isn't. That comes 5 years after the previous election. Why would the opposition risk letting him off the hook and clean up his mess for him? 

The oppositions stance has got b***** all to do with 'not letting him off the hook'. 

2 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

that's what I mean, were they really standing everywhere and did they really win nearly everywhere? 

Yep. 

Think of it as a barameter of what real people think, not the media or Parliament or the London elite. 

Edited by itsnotoutthere

10 minutes ago, Setton said:

I would not bet that even after five years there will be an election, I can see remainers saying they need an extension as the brexit situation is far too important to halt parliament in their ongoing deliberations. ;)

I thought the Euro-parlarliament constutencies* were like one big area per seat, so that the whole West Country was represented by one seat? Wasn't it Anne Widdecombe who stood for there? I distinctly remember something about that. But according to that map there's like loads and loads and loads of small constituncies*.

* I know neither of these words are spelled correctly 

1 hour ago, Setton said:

That's a very disingenuous comment. The only people making a complete mess of this is the remainer politicians (with the help of the t**t Bercow) who have put every stumbling block in the way of the government hoping  to stop Brexit ever happening. If these politicians actually carried out their duty to their constituents and their wishes rather than playing party politics then Brexit would have been done and dusted back in March. And you know it.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, stevewinn said:

29th March. 12th April. 31st October. January 31st 2020. have all been the leave dates. Parliament have been reading their book of politics 101. If the People instruct you to do something against your will via a democratic vote then.

1. rule 1) continue the pretence that democracy exists. (pass article 50)
  2. rule 2) Buy time. while upholding democracy, run a fear campaign. (project fear)
  3. rule 3) if rule 2 doesn't work. Continue with rule (2) with backing from foreign leaders and leaders of institutions to give credence to claims. (project fear 2.0) 
  4. rule 4) if rule 3 doesn't work revert to rule (1) while playing for time.
  5. rule 5) if rule 4 doesn't work revert to rule (2) while continuing to play for time. (project fear 3.0) avert holding a General Election.
  6. rule 6) if rule 5 continues NOT to work, then revert to rule (4) and hope events work in your favour. i.e; recession. national emergency, an event that can be seized upon.
  7. rule 7) You should now be 5 years after the vote. population exacerbated by it all. interest by general population decreased. once chances of voter turnout guaranteed to be low. condition population to accept a second referendum in line with EU protocol. (whilst avoiding direct democracy via a General Election) 

Do you recon Boris has the balls to say to the country, right everyone out.

No one who voted for Brexit do a days work until this is resolved.

1 hour ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

I would not bet that even after five years there will be an election, I can see remainers saying they need an extension as the brexit situation is far too important to halt parliament in their ongoing deliberations. ;)

The law would say otherwise. 

18 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

That's a very disingenuous comment. The only people making a complete mess of this is the remainer politicians (with the help of the t**t Bercow) who have put every stumbling block in the way of the government hoping  to stop Brexit ever happening. If these politicians actually carried out their duty to their constituents and their wishes rather than playing party politics then Brexit would have been done and dusted back in March. And you know it.

Getting Brexit done is not the same as not making a mess of it. And you know it. 

Ah well, lets all look forward to the general election when the public can make their feelings known. (Assuming the politicians will honour the result........because you can't be too sure these days)

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

I thought the Euro-parlarliament constutencies* were like one big area per seat, so that the whole West Country was represented by one seat? Wasn't it Anne Widdecombe who stood for there? I distinctly remember something about that. But according to that map there's like loads and loads and loads of small constituncies*.

* I know neither of these words are spelled correctly 

Every constituency voted, as they would in a general election, it's why the remain parties are sh***ing themselves about having a G.E. & why they will now do all they can to avoid one. Going to be a lot of ex M.Ps looking for casual work at the BBC  when it's all over, It'll probably result in the beeb being even more left wing in its output.......if thats even possible.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

Sad that this is what we've come to. 

Most voters believe violence against MPs ‘is price worth paying’ over Brexit

Research finds majority of both leave and remain voters feel violence worth it to get outcome they support

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/oct/24/majority-of-voters-think-violence-against-mps-is-price-worth-paying-for-brexit

13 minutes ago, Setton said:

Sad that this is what we've come to. 

Indeed although, self inflicted in most cases. You can sort of understand the sentiment, and thats the joke of it. Our media fall over themselves to highlight the 'struggle' of the protesters in Hong Kong fighting for democracy and yet are doing all they can to subvert democracy in this country. It's no wonder people are angry.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

Do you recon Boris has the balls to say to the country, right everyone out.

No one who voted for Brexit do a days work until this is resolved.

No, because he could have called a vote of no confidence in his own govt. Which would have forced a G.E.

He could have filibustered the Benn bill in the house of lords but chose not to.

And now talk of a December election. Where you'd expect a low turn out. And potentially bleak weather.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevewinn said:

No, because he could have called a vote of no confidence in his own govt. Which would have forced a G.E.

He could have filibustered the Benn bill in the house of lords but chose not to.

And now talk of a December election. Where you'd expect a low turn out. And potentially bleak weather.

The GE wont happen until 2022 and by then we will all be on page 2000.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1