Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

keithisco

32 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

There was a surge in voter registrations after Boris became Prime Minister.

Mostly under 34s - I suspect this election will have a high turnout well high for a winter election.

Can't see many elderly voters heading out in the cold.

snowv.png

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

Can't see many elderly voters heading out in the cold.

snowv.png

They were all supposed to be dead by now so the cold is likely to be the least of their problems. ;) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

I can't, because Leave won.  A referendum was held and a democratic result was reached.  I believe the result should be respected, so there can't be any opposition to a choice that has already been decided.

thanks for that... this country (whole of the UK) would be a lot more harmonious and prosperous if all Remainers..
especially the Remainers in the H of Commons.... had your clarity and common sense...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The argument for taking No Deal off the table (which in reality is like taking Proper Brexit off the Table..)

that the economy would suffer... (which if it happened would only be temporary anyway)..
Is like the slaves of times gone by... the actual real slaves who were bought and sold...
being scared of getting their freedom because they might not know initially where their next meal
was coming from and not have anywhere to sleep etc .... 

the adjustment period would have it's ups and downs...

just the fact that the UK economy is so dependent on the EU after years of quiet take over? 
economic and political... should be a warning and reason to get free of it before all freedom
is lost... (in terms of independence)

That's why the SNP approach is so crazy... wanting to give up their independence to 27 nations of the EU
while preaching independence from England, Wales and N. Ireland...  their 3 closest neighbours..

Just want to say how much instinctive dislike and distrust of SNP leader Ian Blackford I feel... 
I wouldn't be surprised if he was undercover in some shape or form... working for '''someone else'''
rather than the Scottish People...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, stevewinn said:
  • 29th March 2019.
  • 12th April.
  • 31st October.
  • 31st January 2020.

Its clear we need to sack this Parliament. Tories included. is Boris in a ditch?

If the UK voters don't punish the two main parties in the next election I don't know what will happen...
But we have to have someone else to voter for... that's why I hope the Brexit Party will stand no
matter what happens re Brexit before the next GE...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

But we can't assume the public did not know what they were voting for.  We should just respect and accept their first vote.  There must be millions of reasons why each individual voted the way they did.  e.g.  They tossed a coin and it landed heads etc. Having another referendum is no guarantee that the opposite result can be achieved.

in theory it isn't.... but the way it is promoted and pushed and pleaded for like it is as if it is guaranteed..

makes me think that the Remain Camp have something up their sleeve...something nefarious..

vote rigging..?

introducing the vote for (brainwashed) 16 to 18 year olds....?

dunno... but they seem overly confident that another vote would go the other way.. :ph34r:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

They were all supposed to be dead by now so the cold is likely to be the least of their problems. ;) 

Yes, and all the remain voters were supposed to have emigrated to Europe by now or so they said. Couldn't even rely on them to be honest about that.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Yes, and all the remain voters were supposed to have emigrated to Europe by now or so they said. Couldn't even rely on them to be honest about that.

for 1.5million of us, remainers and leavers alike, the Boris deal brings Europe to us. Emigration not needed.

Edited by RAyMO

Outside my window this morning.

Looks like somebody does not like the Benn surrender Act.  They also had trouble spelling it.  Must have been a drunk politician last night.  ^_^

brex1aa.png

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bee said:

thanks for that... this country (whole of the UK) would be a lot more harmonious and prosperous if all Remainers..

especially the Remainers in the H of Commons.... had your clarity and common sense...

So after a general election, the opposition should just be silent for the next 5 years? 

You really have no idea what a representative democracy is, do you? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

Outside my window this morning.

Looks like somebody does not like the Benn surrender Act.  They also had trouble spelling it.  Must have been a drunk politician last night.  ^_^

brex1aa.png

Leavers keeping it classy as ever. 

I see that labour now want 16-17 years old and foreign nationals to have a vote in a General Election.

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

I see that labour now want 16-17 years old and foreign nationals to have a vote in a General Election.

I doubt if Labour will get far with that. 

The Electoral Commission says it would take six months to make sure a new group of voters could be registered and eligible to vote in an election. That's the advice they've given to Wales,  which is currently looking at allowing votes for 16 and 17 year olds in its assembly elections.

Same would apply to EU nationals in UK. 

4 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

I doubt if Labour will get far with that. 

The Electoral Commission says it would take six months to make sure a new group of voters could be registered and eligible to vote in an election. That's the advice they've given to Wales,  which is currently looking at allowing votes for 16 and 17 year olds in its assembly elections.

Same would apply to EU nationals in UK. 

anyone on here voting for Labour?

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

anyone on here voting for Labour?

I doubt if even all the Labour MP's will vote Labour. This will be seen is a good opportunity to remove Corbyn by the Blair, Miliband supporting wing of the party. They are looking for a reason to move Corbyn and a bad election result is the only way it will happen. ;)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Setton said:

So after a general election, the opposition should just be silent for the next 5 years? 

And you, apparently, have no idea what the difference between a General Election and a Referendum is...?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

I doubt if even all the Labour MP's will vote Labour. This will be seen is a good opportunity to remove Corbyn by the Blair, Miliband supporting wing of the party. They are looking for a reason to move Corbyn and a bad election result is the only way it will happen. ;)

cards on the table. whose voting for who? im voting Brexit Party because in my area its a labour strong hold so my vote wont count. if i was in a Tory stronghold i 'd vote Tory.

anyone on here into tropical fresh water aquariums, have you got any experience with Otocinclus catfish?

Edited by stevewinn

12 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

I don't think they can though... because he was voted in by Party Members in the constituencies
and can only be removed by them... by losing the leadership to another candidate...  (think that's right)...

2 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

cards on the table. whose voting for who? im voting Brexit Party because in my area its a labour strong hold so my vote wont count. if i was in a Tory stronghold i 'd vote Tory.

anyone on here into tropical fresh water aquariums, have you got any experience with Ottocinclus fish?

So far, as things stand, I will vote Tory. My political leanings are right of centre but I have voted for others in GE's or local elections in the past. My Tory MP is Sir William Cash.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bee said:

I don't think they can though... because he was voted in by Party Members in the constituencies
and can only be removed by them... by losing the leadership to another candidate...  (think that's right)...

I think he has said if Labour were to lose another GE then he would stand down? So it will be his own choice. 

Just now, L.A.T.1961 said:

I think he has said if Labour were to lose another GE then he would stand down? So it will be his own choice. 

oh ok...

12 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

So far, as things stand, I will vote Tory. My political leanings are right of centre but I have voted for others in GE's or local elections in the past. My Tory MP is Sir William Cash.  

Sir William Cash, lucky b****** you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Setton said:

More irony.

• Like 1