Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How will God prove himself?

kartikg

Cant decide whether Star Trek   or    Frankenstein's Monster  ? 

Edited by back to earth

Not quite there yet, (breaking down non organics and making them into organics)  but still interesting.

2015 http://www.reuters.com/article/us-israel-meals-on-demand-tracked-idUSKBN0NQ1PG20150505

2017 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2328816/NASA-build-universal-food-synthesizer-create-3D-food-printer-insects-algae.html

Edited by Mr Walker

God is pure transformative information. A ''plasmic''-type information like Philip K. Dick refers and which shot a beam of intuitive knowlege right to him in a spiritual experience. It is 'beyond' the material world and does not have any effect on it as a result. But It is available if you open your mind and make yourself receptive to It. I think it's a God we might return to, and belong, once our purpose here is over.

Edited by TruthSeeker_

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 1:04 PM, TruthSeeker_ said:

God is pure transformative information. A ''plasmic''-type information like Philip K. Dick refers and which shot a beam of intuitive knowlege right to him in a spiritual experience. It is 'beyond' the material world and does not have any effect on it as a result. But It is available if you open your mind and make yourself receptive to It. I think it's a God we might return to, and belong, once our purpose here is over.

open mind = agreeing with my unsubstantiated claims

• Like 1

Well as God is all and all possibilities... for God to stand before you... only a part of God would come forth.. and greet us..  similar to like a portion of an astral body... when we have out of body experiences..   there is still enough of our soul .. spirit left in our sleeping body as some needs to run the body.. register what is going on...  so God will visit us..or appear to us quantumly.. :)   and we will know it as we will sense it... all our senses would be magnified.. we will feel and sense telepathic reasurances..  like we feel connected to our loved ones... Note.. we are allegedly part of God's spirit.. the holographic portions of God... so God would resonate on every level with all of us.. with all life forces...will be able to control gravitational fields.. time..  dark and light... we would react.. connect biochemically... also I feel that we would all feel more connected too... biochemically.. energetically...  our senses of reality would change.. I gather it will feel like a giant hypnotic yet  gentle ... soothing ..experiential event that we will all experience simultaneously ... may emotions would be released...   I have a feeling that we would be angry at God... much like an adult experiences who's parents abandoned them when they were young... and only had vague proof of life from them all their lives... and that there was a subliminal hope that  the parent cared enough to actually visit them showed that they cared enough...  ;)   anger at god because we chose to disbelieve rather than the pain of feeling abandoned.. or rejected.. ( as the biblical Adam and Eve were said to feel.. the lack of forgiveness by God.. and the resultant guilt of disappointing a parent that mankind has been taught to feel ever since... )   lots of psychological issues will come to the fore..   :) 

In my opinion there exists a higher intelligence at work behind the universe.

It can gaze into our minds and see our every thought whether it be our secret desires or what we want out of life. It uses the information to torture us. Either by never giving us what we want, by stringing us along but never delivering, or by giving us what we want along with a nasty catch to ruin it. We need an ego to desire or want and when we fail to satisfy its needs we suffer. The higher intelligence is torturing us for having an ego with the aim being to break it.

Thats my crazy far out opinion.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

It can gaze into our minds and see our every thought whether it be our secret desires or what we want out of life. It uses the information to torture us. Either by never giving us what we want, by stringing us along but never delivering, or by giving us what we want along with a nasty catch to ruin it. We need an ego to desire or want and when we fail to satisfy its needs we suffer. The higher intelligence is torturing us for having an ego with the aim being to break it.

Thats my crazy far out opinion.

God can also teach a mind  to learn to differentiate between wants and needs, to learn to be happy  with what we have.

It can teach us the nature of our mind and thoughts, and give us perspective on them   It can give us a sense of humour to deal with what life throws at us   It can give us strength, courage, and power, so that no torture can touch us, and the courage never to fear anything in life   In other words the higher power can teach us to recognise ego, to control it and to listen to other parts of our mind, like logic/ reason etc,  so that ego becomes more subservient to our will.

Arguably this higher power exists within the minds of all humans, and is just a part of us which we can learn to use . Yet it is so rarely experienced, or accessed, and so unusual that most people, historically, have considered it a gift from the gods. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

God can also teach a mind  to learn to differentiate between wants and needs, to learn to be happy  with what we have.

It can teach us the nature of our mind and thoughts, and give us perspective on them   It can give us a sense of humour to deal with what life throws at us   It can give us strength, courage, and power, so that no torture can touch us, and the courage never to fear anything in life   In other words the higher power can teach us to recognise ego, to control it and to listen to other parts of our mind, like logic/ reason etc,  so that ego becomes more subservient to our will.

Arguably this higher power exists within the minds of all humans, and is just a part of us which we can learn to use . Yet it is so rarely experienced, or accessed, and so unusual that most people, historically, have considered it a gift from the gods. 

"For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you" (Romans 12:3).

"Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom" ( James 3:13).

• Like 2

23 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Why do you have this opinion, though?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Sure, I think thats perfectly aligned with what I believe is going on. To disengage from the ego is to overcome it. But I advocate a higher intelligence at work which is always on the look out for new ways to torture you. So if you learn to overcome your ego in a specific situation it just changes its game to torture you in a new way. And carries on until that ego is totally overcome.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RabidMongoose said:

Sure, I think thats perfectly aligned with what I believe is going on. To disengage from the ego is to overcome it. But I advocate a higher intelligence at work which is always on the look out for new ways to torture you. So if you learn to overcome your ego in a specific situation it just changes its game to torture you in a new way. And carries on until that ego is totally overcome.

Self hate much?

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

But I advocate a higher intelligence at work which is always on the look out for new ways to torture you.

Why, though? Also, you haven't answered my question in a previous post in which I ask you why you hold the opinion that a higher power is at work behind the universe... you seem to be dodging my questions for some reason.

• Like 2

Read the book of Revelation.  That will be proof enough when it occurs because few will be left to mock.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

If your life is tortured it rationally speaks to the fact th t something inside yourself is torturing you. Not that an external entity is torturing you.

I guess the same is true if something is offering you power happiness joy and contentment.  Rationally it comes from with  Whatever god is, humans have a free wlil and an intelligence capable of formulating and controlling our thoughts desires fears lusts etc You can never blame anyone else, not even a god, for how your life turns out . 

Its none of my business because i am not you , but if i were you i would be asking yourself why you feel anything is taking the time and trouble to make your life hard.  What aspect of self is in conflict with the rest of th t slef. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

If your life is tortured it rationally speaks to the fact th t something inside yourself is torturing you. Not that an external entity is torturing you.

I guess the same is true if something is offering you power happiness joy and contentment.  Rationally it comes from with  Whatever god is, humans have a free wlil and an intelligence capable of formulating and controlling our thoughts desires fears lusts etc You can never blame anyone else, not even a god, for how your life turns out . 

Its none of my business because i am not you , but if i were you i would be asking yourself why you feel anything is taking the time and trouble to make your life hard.  What aspect of self is in conflict with the rest of th t slef. 

You`re over reading into what I wrote and then speculating about me. Every single human being is born with an ego and when the ego doesnt get what it wants then it makes you suffer unless. That is unless you know how to cope. 

So lets suppose you didnt get the job you want or your girlfriend dumps you. If you have learnt how to deal with the hit to your ego there (as most of us have) then great. If not you get angry and upset.

Life is potentially millions of different circumstances which could dent that ego of yours. You dont get born ready to cope with them all. Some in life can be quite challenging like realising you`re getting old and will die. Working your way through life you have to overcome each bit of adversity, each unpleasant experience.

Of course I am also suggesting a bias in that there is a force at work which knows what work still needs to be done on your ego.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

You`re over reading into what I wrote and then speculating about me. Every single human being is born with an ego and when the ego doesnt get what it wants then it makes you suffer unless. That is unless you know how to cope. 

So lets suppose you didnt get the job you want or your girlfriend dumps you. If you have learnt how to deal with the hit to your ego there (as most of us have) then great. If not you get angry and upset.

Life is potentially millions of different circumstances which could dent that ego of yours. You dont get born ready to cope with them all. Some in life can be quite challenging like realising you`re getting old and will die. Working your way through life you have to overcome each bit of adversity, each unpleasant experience.

Of course I am also suggesting a bias in that there is a force at work which knows what work still needs to be done on your ego.

Reading differently, probably.  I identified self/ego  consciously when i was about 3 years old, and was quite scared by it although my mother pointed out it was simply a part of myself .

Then, aged about 7, i saw the forbidden planet,  based on shakespeare's tempest, and consciously realised the true danger of an ego which was not recognised and controlled by the conscious mind. So I began working on this issue Fear went first, followed by anger, envy, etc. while i built up the positive aspects of self.    Attachment to material things was hard to let go. By the time i was 21 i had almost all the negatives under total conscious control and had strengthened the positives.  

Thus i do not feel or act in fear, anger, hate, lust, jealousy etc.   MAybe because i started young, i found it easy, but it did take many hundreds, if not thousands of hours of work on mental self discipline, and adjusting the patterns and neural networks of my mind  and physiological responses,  over 15 years or so, to do this and it still is not perfect.  

The force you talk of, i see as my own self aware consciousness which is complex, multifaceted, and skilled.

However, independent of this, since i was about 11 or 12 I have been connected to what you might see as this external force.  I called it the universal or cosmic consciousness,when it entered my conscious self awareness;  an ancient, wise and widespread consciousness, which exists independent from human consciousness but can aso integrate with it and connect /link separate consciousnesses into a whole.  

Arguably this might merely be a higher consciousness within the human mind, but it has knowledge skills and abilities, which it can transfer to a human mind, which suggest its own independent existence.

A religious person might identify this force as the holy spirit. A psychologist might call it an archetypal avatar, like philemon

To me it has always been a form of unified consciousness which I named the universal, or cosmic, consciousness when i was  about 12 years old,  without knowing this was a name also applied by others.   

Edited by Mr Walker

On 4/19/2017 at 4:40 PM, and then said:

Read the book of Revelation.  That will be proof enough when it occurs because few will be left to mock.  

I wouldn't bank on that.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 6:40 AM, and then said:

Remember ... all these books were written by human beings... who were the Mediums of the time... channeled works..  the ancient version of Neil Donald Walshe  ...  http://www.nealedonaldwalsch.com/     Would we base a religion on Neal's work ?   https://www.scribd.com/book/224413768/The-New-Revelations-A-Conversation-with-God

'

3 hours ago, crystal sage said:

Remember ... all these books were written by human beings... who were the Mediums of the time... channeled works..  the ancient version of Neil Donald Walshe  ...  http://www.nealedonaldwalsch.com/     Would we base a religion on Neal's work ?   https://www.scribd.com/book/224413768/The-New-Revelations-A-Conversation-with-God

'

If you are familiar with the specific signs that were predicted, and you see them happening in your lifetime, would that convince you to believe?  My guess is that it won't be enough for most who are alive during that time.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, and then said:

If you are familiar with the specific signs that were predicted, and you see them happening in your lifetime, would that convince you to believe?  My guess is that it won't be enough for most who are alive during that time.

yes,,, they have become the fuel and the fodder for many cults over the past thousands of years... responsible for billions of unnecessary deaths  and unpleasant experiences during  that time..  it seems that religions.. ( more cultish in performance than nurturing.. guiding.. ) served to segregate rather than to create a wonderful sharing/ caring  earthly community... it has served to become more of a hunger games scenario to become the winning tribe that gets to heaven.. or accepted into the heavens... something is wrong with this whole scenario..  anything that divides the people of the earth..  pits humanity against each other  to win God's favour ... is not a true religion for me.. If that is the word of God... them maybe it may have been God's minion... that still needs to evolve... there is no perfection in the wars.. the slavery... the  need to control others.. or the  disrespecting of others who are not of the same led  'sheeple's' flock.. is disturbing...   Think in terms of God being  a proud unconditional loving  parent... to all humanity... would God be OK with this infighting for the parental attention.. parental favour at the expense of other sibblings???    No Way !!!!   A parent is proud of their children's heart.. soul.. creativity.. their journey in the world... are stressed and in tears over any hardships they endure..  help out when asked.. ( prayer ? )   but look on lovingly... may offer clues.. hints via intuition.. dreams.. synchronicities... random connections to key individuals.. situations.. share in their joys.. their excitements..    Would a true God/parent condone wars amongst the children.. relatives where lives dreams.. are destroyed, with heart wrenching grief.. fear.. soulless behavior...   so that a few can profit ..  who really profits??? who really wins???   Especially these days when negotiation/ mediation  can be applied.  We earthlings are only a pinprick in this known Universe.. and we can't play nice with each other...  is it safe for us to take our attitude and behaviors to the rest of the universe .. to other worlds??  would we be seen as the evil angels fighting in the heavens before crashing to new worlds where we corrupt it too with our biblically inspired value systems... ( or does the bible serve to show us how shameful and uncivilized this sort of behavior is ??? )

19 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Reading differently, probably.  I identified self/ego  consciously when i was about 3 years old, and was quite scared by it although my mother pointed out it was simply a part of myself .

Then, aged about 7, i saw the forbidden planet,  based on shakespeare's tempest, and consciously realised the true danger of an ego which was not recognised and controlled by the conscious mind. So I began working on this issue Fear went first, followed by anger, envy, etc. while i built up the positive aspects of self.    Attachment to material things was hard to let go. By the time i was 21 i had almost all the negatives under total conscious control and had strengthened the positives.  

Thus i do not feel or act in fear, anger, hate, lust, jealousy etc.   MAybe because i started young, i found it easy, but it did take many hundreds, if not thousands of hours of work on mental self discipline, and adjusting the patterns and neural networks of my mind  and physiological responses,  over 15 years or so, to do this and it still is not perfect.  

The force you talk of, i see as my own self aware consciousness which is complex, multifaceted, and skilled.

However, independent of this, since i was about 11 or 12 I have been connected to what you might see as this external force.  I called it the universal or cosmic consciousness,when it entered my conscious self awareness;  an ancient, wise and widespread consciousness, which exists independent from human consciousness but can aso integrate with it and connect /link separate consciousnesses into a whole.  

Arguably this might merely be a higher consciousness within the human mind, but it has knowledge skills and abilities, which it can transfer to a human mind, which suggest its own independent existence.

A religious person might identify this force as the holy spirit. A psychologist might call it an archetypal avatar, like philemon

To me it has always been a form of unified consciousness which I named the universal, or cosmic, consciousness when i was  about 12 years old,  without knowing this was a name also applied by others.   

The thing is you haven't been exposed to everything yet that can irritate that ego of yours. You can identify when a new situation annoys you and adapt. But you are still a work in progress.

Lets say for example a God did exist in an all powerful omnipotent form like the Bible says.  First off, we would die if we heard his voice, but says he waved his hand and did away with that part.  There isn't much he could do without breaking any laws of physics to prove himself as God.  He would literally have to open a pit to Hell and kill the Devil or something truly apocalyptic, in a major city where there are literally millions watching and recording the events.

Now say there actually is one being responsible for the creation of the Universe, I think it is highly likely that that being would have to be long dead, like eons ago. And there is no way to prove that such a being ever existed, unless some other highly advanced ancient race came to Earth and shared the history of said events.  But even then, it could just be seen as a space religion or something.

• Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 6:10 AM, and then said:

You're a little late, a lot of the Book of Revelation was speaking about the Roman Empire.

I'd be more interested when the first chapter of Genesis actually occurs.

6 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

The thing is you haven't been exposed to everything yet that can irritate that ego of yours. You can identify when a new situation annoys you and adapt. But you are still a work in progress.

LOL maybe, although there are not many years left for me to experience anything new.  And if ego is recognised and consciously controlled or eliminated, it doesnt exist to react to any new stimuli .

But i can see and respect your point. One never knows the future. I've lost loved ones and every almost  material possession we owned  faced death and danger  It i s hard to see what new adventures might come my way. 

I do see myself as a work in progress, and spend time every day re shaping and reconstructing myself .

I know that i do see ego differently to many. For me ego is my sense of conscious self awareness. it allows me to know who and what i am. It is not a controlling influence, but  a part of my total self aware consciousness. Without ego i would be an ant or a blade of grass The "totality of me", consciously controls and shapes the smaller part of me that is my ego in the classical sense . 

• The topic was locked