Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How will God prove himself?

kartikg

8 minutes ago, Perfection said:

well Genesis says, "Let US create man in OUR image. So that is saying God is more than one. Christianity says God is 3 in 1. Hindus say God is thousands in one 

Monarchs talk in the plural like that and a gem may have a thousand facets yet it is still only one. What man may number the faces of God?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Alright, I get it.

But is the belief in the nonexistence of God nothing?

It is an empty cup, Will, theologically empty. You can not fill such a cup, not even with the water of life.

• Like 1

yes that's amazing you say that. It reminded me of one of the ways God appeared a number of times, with a mirror-like skin with infinite facets on it. And I would be talking with a number of different beings only to discover that it was the hand of God & each finger was manifesting as a separate individual. 

The belief in the non existence of god is 'ignorance'. It is pure ignorance. That is the absolute worst thing in existence. It's a thing. Something you do not ever want to have. Cast it from you if you ever find it lurking

4 minutes ago, Perfection said:

The belief in the non existence of god is 'ignorance'. It is pure ignorance. That is the absolute worst thing in existence. It's a thing. Something you do not ever want to have. Cast it from you if you ever find it lurking

You can not scold people into believing as you do, Perfection. All you can do is be and example they might wish to follow. You stand on this virtual street corner, preaching. Be wary lest the pearls you cast before the crowd are trampled in the dust.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

All you can do is be an example they might wish to follow. 

Jesus was and still is the best example of a person to follow wouldn't you agree?

But many refused to do this when he was here. Today many still do. It seems logical that the reason for this then, as well as now, is simply because of the decision to ignore.

Which is otherwise known as ignorance. 

15 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

You can not scold people into believing as you do, Perfection.

that sounds like you are scolding me

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Jesus was and still is the best example of a person to follow wouldn't you agree?

But many refused to do this when he was here. Today many still do. It seems logical that the reason for this then, as well as now, is simply because of the decision to ignore.

Which is otherwise known as ignorance. 

All we have of Jesus are lines if text in a book, Will, in a world full of books. You take those words with absolutely no evidence and preach them as truth. Then you have the audacity to call people who need more than the naïve faith of a child to believe, ignorant? To them, you're a pathetic fool who believes everything he reads. You don't exactly project an image people have confidence in, Will. You need to work on your presentation. 

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Perfection said:

that sounds like you are scolding me

Gently admonishing you, my dear. You must first listen, if you want to be heard.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

All we have of Jesus are lines if text in a book, Will, in a world full of books. You take those words with absolutely no evidence and preach them as truth. Then you have the audacity to call people who need more than the naïve faith of a child to believe, ignorant? To them, you're a pathetic fool who believes everything he reads. You don't exactly project an image people have confidence in, Will. You need to work on your presentation. 

How eloquent and Christian of you clawhammer. Sheri refers to you as a Christian often. You are a Christian aren't you? A follower of Jesus. And Jesus is no fool. :)

The Father God & Christ His Son manifested many times at my home. Father is stern & strict & Jesus is gentle & loving always. They are very similar to the way they are portrayed in The Bible. 

I think religions are like tattered worn bent signs flapping in the wind in the wilderness. They tell you only a few things & can point you in the wrong direction if you are not careful. But once you meet God & Christ then you won't need the religion anymore, because you have found the real thing

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Will Due said:

How eloquent and Christian of you clawhammer. Sheri refers to you as a Christian often. You are a Christian aren't you? A follower of Jesus. And Jesus is no fool. :)

How ham-handed of you, Will. The man from Galilee was sought after and followed by crowds. You'll never have that problem. 

• Like 2

I don't want to harsh, but........  :devil:

2 hours ago, Perfection said:

The belief in the non existence of god is 'ignorance'.

The belief in any god is pure fantasy, as it is completely unsupported by evidence.  You may as well believe in those Invisible Unicorns.   

2 hours ago, Perfection said:

It is pure ignorance. That is the absolute worst thing in existence. It's a thing. Something you do not ever want to have. Cast it from you if you ever find it lurking

Observation and understanding of the complex beauty of reality is the absolute best thing in existence.  It is the ONLY thing.  Something that everyone should try (but some are far too lazy and they need to justify their misdemeanours, or simply pretend superiority..).  Embrace reality.

Sadly, religion is oft used to justify a racist stance or a war or a moral crime... that is what religion encourages by removing personal responsibility.  For some, that is a really dangerous (and often reprehensible) thing.

• Like 3

BTW, isn't it interesting how negative some of these posts are?

Compare the Religion Pusher: 

belief in the non existence of god is 'ignorance' .. pure ignorance .. the absolute worst thing in existence .. Something you do not ever want to have .. Cast it from you ..

Versus me:

Observation and understanding of the complex beauty of reality is the absolute best thing in existence .. Something that everyone should try ..  Embrace reality.

• Like 1

Everything is possible. Everything except that stupid "god" from those old crazy books.

If I met him, and he proved himself to me, I still wouldn't believe.

• Like 1

The problem with some people is they speak as if to themselves--but expect you to listen, none-the-less--both secular and theist. Talking to people instead if at them is much more conducive to conversation.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Duh?  Unless someone can prove something to you there is nothing to discuss   The only things  worth discussing are those which are  not capable of such simple proofs.

You are not interested in anything experienced by any person, unless they can prove it to you? 

Listen smugmouth, the person I was referencing has no desire to share her experiences. Her POV is: I'm right, you're wrong. I don't need to explain.

At least you, even with your incredibly annoying dissertations, at least tries to explain your stance.

As I have stated many, many times: I'm NOT trying to sway anyone from their beliefs. But if someone makes fantastical claims, they had better be ready to provide some evidence.

"Perfection" ( a rather ironic & inappropriate moniker, IMHO) is presenting as a classic fundy xtian, full of hate for anyone who doesn't follow her path. SHE, and people like her, are what disgust me about religion and the majority of religious people. That smug, arrogant, condescending view that they are better than everyone else. That attitude almost makes wish the xtian god DID exist, and when he finally decides to put in an appearance, takes all those 'holier-than-thou' hypocrites, gathers them into a group and tells them they are all asshats and boots the whole kit & caboodle into oblivion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Listen smugmouth, the person I was referencing has no desire to share her experiences. Her POV is: I'm right, you're wrong. I don't need to explain.

At least you, even with your incredibly annoying dissertations, at least tries to explain your stance.

As I have stated many, many times: I'm NOT trying to sway anyone from their beliefs. But if someone makes fantastical claims, they had better be ready to provide some evidence.

"Perfection" ( a rather ironic & inappropriate moniker, IMHO) is presenting as a classic fundy xtian, full of hate for anyone who doesn't follow her path. SHE, and people like her, are what disgust me about religion and the majority of religious people. That smug, arrogant, condescending view that they are better than everyone else. That attitude almost makes wish the xtian god DID exist, and when he finally decides to put in an appearance, takes all those 'holier-than-thou' hypocrites, gathers them into a group and tells them they are all asshats and boots the whole kit & caboodle into oblivion.

Matthew 7:21-23 King James Version (KJV)

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Well it would be so nice for you atheists if God did not exist. You could at death go merge back into the cosmos like pure energy & have no responsibility for your lives. Unfortunately for you God really does exist & you won't be escaping your actions when you are taken to the afterlife. I can't believe the things God does & yet they are true. I have been to many other worlds & observed so many miracles & wonders. Someone above said the only real thing is the beauty of life & yet that beauty is lame compared to the worlds God will take you to. So if beauty is what you like then God is the person you need to mingle with.

I think we are dealing with a troll at this point.

• Like 2

@Hammerclaw

I am not sure of the point you are trying to make with those quotations. I have an inkling, but would be kind enough to clarify for me?

2 minutes ago, danydandan said:

I think we are dealing with a troll at this point.

I said that like, 10 pages ago.

15 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Eg Christ existed in heaven form the time of creation (in the bible story) 

Christ was the word of god who created man Thus yes all humans connect to god through  "christ"  but NOT the christ of Christianity but rather the   the christ of creation and beginning  

Where are you pulling this from? It isn't any church doctrine I have heard of.

And all my life God has shown me Hell & Heavens & wonders, & I am a nobody. An absolute nothing. 

I don't for a moment think that God sees me as better than anyone else.

I certainly don't think I am holier that thou or anything like that.

I'm happy that I have met God.

I feel I can die in peace because I have met God.

I don't want anything more than that but God keeps promising me a wonderful afterlife.

He has flown me on huge angels to Heaven & shown me the mansion I will be taken to after death.

I tell God I just want to die & not live forever. But God says I will live forever. So I don't have a choice about what happens to my soul it seems.

You can close your minds & believe God does not exist because there is no proof. That is the easy thing to do. But you are wrong & that's just the facts of life. 

I don't associate with religious people & I don't have a bible or any religious books. God is not religious at all. Religion is like a school. You spend years working hard remembering how to solve all kinds of problems, & then when you leave school & enter the real world you find that you never get to use the things you learned in school. Meeting God is like that. He has nothing to do with religion or religious rules & laws etc. So you may know every religious word off by heart but they are all worthless when you are in God's presence.

I think religion is simply the way that man is trained at his core to show respect for something in heaven higher than himself. He doesn't really know what that is & that is why there is so much variety in religions. 

So according to the Rules we agree to when we sign up as members of Unexplained Mysteries. ..

2i. Preaching: Do not use the site to 'preach' your own beliefs or views to other members.

This rule appears to be getting repeatedly violated.

Members are reminded to re-read the rules (link available at the bottom of your screen) and become familiar with them. 

Knowledge is power.

• Thanks 3

• The topic was locked