Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How will God prove himself?

kartikg

if an atheist preaches their hate of anyone who believes in God then that is accepted of course. But if a believer speaks solidly about their encounters with God then that is preaching & they must be vanquished. LOL

But I agree that preaching a book at people as if it is the absolute truth is wrong & should be discouraged. 

Edited by Perfection

2 minutes ago, Perfection said:

if an atheist preaches their hate of anyone who believes in God then that is accepted of course. But if a believer speaks solidly about their encounters with God then that is preaching & they must be vanquished. LOL

Nope.

If a person claims they know the one true way. And that thier way is the only way, that is preaching. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Perfection said:

You are a master of ignorance. 

Most of the atheists on this site do not preach or try to sway others from their faith.

In fact, a lot of the atheists here are of the "I don't know" category. Why is it so difficult for theists to understand this? Perhaps theists & atheists have differently wired brains. One can readily accept things on 'faith', while the other cannot.

Perfection, you have stated that you really had no connection to religion until "god" appeared to you. You were provided proof that your version of god exists.

But then you state that proof isn't required, and people should 'just believe'. Do you not see a dichotomy here?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Will Due said:

Jesus was and still is the best example of a person to follow wouldn't you agree?

Why? Not being sarcastic, or offensive, but why is he the 'best example' to follow?

• Like 1

the way I figure it is 'if people opened their minds then there is more chance that God or the spiritual side can get through to them & then they will be able to believe in such things.

I remember one woman wrote of how a spiritual being told her one morning to 'stop thinking so much so that there would be room in her mind for it to give her telepathic messages'.

So it was asking her to create a space in her own mind for it. To open her mind to it.

That is all it takes really.

God & the spiritual side will do the rest if you give them the chance.

Then they will manifest physically &!! Hold onto your hats folks.

It gets very real

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Perfection said:

The belief in the non existence of god is 'ignorance'. It is pure ignorance. That is the absolute worst thing in existence. It's a thing. Something you do not ever want to have. Cast it from you if you ever find it lurking

Depends on "who's" God and how one defines "God" and I'm pretty sure you don't have the final say on that by any stretch of the imagination. 

cormac

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Perfection said:

But I agree that preaching a book at people as if it is the absolute truth is wrong & should be discouraged. 

So should bald statements of "fact" without evidence similarly be discouraged.

Simply stating "such & such is true! Believe me!" is less likely to draw people in than if you presented a  case with some proof or evidence.

If I told you "Elephants can fly! It's a fact, believe me. I don't need to show evidence!" would you believe me? Or Not? and why?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Will Due said:

Jesus was and still is the best example of a person to follow wouldn't you agree?

But many refused to do this when he was here. Today many still do. It seems logical that the reason for this then, as well as now, is simply because of the decision to ignore.

Which is otherwise known as ignorance. 

But 'was' he? Do you have verifiable evidence of what he said and believed HIMSELF and NOT something written about him decades AFTER his death because what's available thus far constitutes hear-say and personal interpretation. 

cormac

• Like 1

On 8/14/2018 at 2:36 PM, Opus Magnus said:

The Gospel teaches that the only path to God is through Jesus Christ. Jesus grows like a vine, and many smaller vines grow off the main one reaching towards God.

Like this?

slide_1.jpg

I'm happy that I have met God.

What if it wasn't god you met? And how would you know if it really was god and not something else? 

1 hour ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

@Hammerclaw

I am not sure of the point you are trying to make with those quotations. I have an inkling, but would be kind enough to clarify for me?

Just a droll "We gotcha covered!" from a sympathetic theist.:tu:

• Thanks 1

well saying God does not exist is also just an opinion & you are all preaching that delusion with hostility & malice in your hearts. So you are the same as the people whom you hate. I talk to thousands of murderous racists & their hatred for racists made them into racists as well. But they will always deny that they are racist & blame the other side instead.

God is real but for some reason chooses to remain a mystery to the world. I meet God all the time & He states that the earth is a school where souls are taught about good & evil. God says all young souls have to come here at some time or other. Maybe that's why God provides no proof to the world. That way the world remains evil & souls can learn about evil when they are brought here

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Will Due said:

And Jesus is no fool.

Let's agree to disagree.

well saying God does not exist is also just an opinion

Listen cupcake, you don't know me, so let me make something clear to you.

I do not, nor have I ever said that 'god doesn't exist. Neither have I said "god does exist".

I do not have enough data to state one or the other.

My position is that I cannot make a determination, one way or the other, due to a LACK of EVIDENCE.  That is what atheism is, to me. A neutral position until such time as evidence indicates the reality, or lack there of, in a deity.

6 minutes ago, Perfection said:

well saying God does not exist is also just an opinion & you are all preaching that delusion with hostility & malice in your hearts. So you are the same as the people whom you hate. I talk to thousands of murderous racists & their hatred for racists made them into racists as well. But they will always deny that they are racist & blame the other side instead.

God is real but for some reason chooses to remain a mystery to the world. I meet God all the time & He states that the earth is a school where souls are taught about good & evil. God says all young souls have to come here at some time or other. Maybe that's why God provides no proof to the world. That way the world remains evil & souls can learn about evil when they are brought here

So I'm going to ask again, "Who's God?". And if it's YOURS by what right do you have to claim YOU have final say on what God IS, DOES, THINKS? 

cormac

1 minute ago, MysticWolf said:

Let's agree to disagree.

I have to say (horrors!) that I agree with Will.

Jesus was no fool. IF jesus existed and was truly a manifestation of god, then he knew, for a FACT, that he would be coming back from death. FS, everyone claiming that Yeshua was god, if so, then his 'suffering & death" was a sham. A sleight of hand pulled off by 'the creator'

9 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

What if it wasn't god you met? And how would you know if it really was god and not something else? 

yes at first I thought it was a powerful spiritual being of some sort. I did not believe in God or anything like that. I had never been to church & I lived in an atheist family & atheist community. It wasn't until I faced the being & started getting to know it, & it took me on journeys & I observed its powers & its nature, & then I realised it was actually God & no other. It was every bit as angry & furious as The Father God in The Bible & that is because it is The Father God from The Bible. LOL. I thought it was just a grumpy spiritual being that was going to kill me

7 minutes ago, Perfection said:

I am going to break this down to the two bolded statements.

Statement number 1: Does this actually sounds like a nice thing to say? Are you really trying to say that any idea that differs to yours is malice and deluded hostility? 

Statement 2: is your opinion.  It is your opinion that the world is evil, it is your opinion that this is because people do not believe in God without evidence and believe in science which must by definition show evidence.

So it is your opinion that anyone who differs to you in faith is evil.

Now do either of these things seem like a nice way to behave? 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Jesus was no fool. IF jesus existed and was truly a manifestation of god, then he knew, for a FACT, that he would be coming back from death. FS, everyone claiming that Yeshua was god, if so, then his 'suffering & death" was a sham. A sleight of hand pulled off by 'the creator'

He went around patronizing everyone and claiming himself "Son of God" and holier than thou.

2fycwg.jpg

well the world is evil in the sense that there is much evil taking place here. Of course there are many acts of goodness as well & so it is a balancing act. Souls can learn about good & evil by coming here. Whereas if God were to prove He exists then evil would quickly vanish & souls would not be able to learn about evil when God brings them here. Seeing as God says that the earth is a school where souls are brought to learn about good & evil, it would be counter productive for God to provide proof of His existence. 

I don't think non believers are necessarily evil. But they can use some offensive wording at times to support their belief that God does not exist & therefore anyone who believes in God is wrong etc. I would be alarmed if people simply believed like cult members! But I think people should open their minds & seek God & that way God can give them proof of their own

But they can use some offensive wording at times to support their belief that God does not exist & therefore anyone who believes in God is wrong etc.

Do you even read what others have to say? Do you truly not comprehend? Or are you willfully being obtuse?

And do you not think your own wording isn't being deliberately offensive?

21 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Perhaps he knew, but the foreknowledge and actual experience must have been quite different. The man nailed to a cross was but flesh and faith, whatever spirit resided within. Not God himself, certainly, or he would not have cried out in his extremity: Eloi, Eloi, Lama Sabachthani? God, God, why have you forsaken me? The "Slight-of-hand" as you call it was a revelation that flesh might die, yet live again. At least, that's how the narrative goes.

Edited by Hammerclaw

7 minutes ago, Perfection said:

well the world is evil in the sense that there is much evil taking place here. Of course there are many acts of goodness as well & so it is a balancing act. Souls can learn about good & evil by coming here. Whereas if God were to prove He exists then evil would quickly vanish & souls would not be able to learn about evil when God brings them here. Seeing as God says that the earth is a school where souls are brought to learn about good & evil, it would be counter productive for God to provide proof of His existence. 

I don't think non believers are necessarily evil. But they can use some offensive wording at times to support their belief that God does not exist & therefore anyone who believes in God is wrong etc. I would be alarmed if people simply believed like cult members! But I think people should open their minds & seek God & that way God can give them proof of their own

Belive me it is not just those who do not follow a God who can say nasty things. Sadly it is something some believe they are doing for the good of others, to "save' thier souls.

Good acts do take place, those acts are done by people both with and without belief.  Evil acts are also done by people with and without belief. 

Think of this forum in the same way you view the world, come here with the ability to listen and ask questions and your earthly new born soul might just be able to see that some people can be saints while not believing in God and some can be sinners and praise his holiness. 

Come here and learn with an open mind, what is good and what is evil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Do you even read what others have to say? Do you truly not comprehend? 

well when you are getting a lot of posts directed at you then you may notice that some seem to be offensive. 

I've met God so I just wanted to add my two cents to this thread. I don't think there ever will be proof of God & therefore it is a case of people's choice to keep an open mind or have a closed mind. I write that I have met God in the hope that people will keep an open mind to God. Because I know that God is the greatest thing anyone can meet & I want people to meet God too. If they close their minds then they can miss out on something spiritual & wonderful

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Not God himself, certainly,

Are we not taught that the Father and the son are one? and the 'holy spirit' makes three? But all are one?

Maybe it's because of different backgrounds, but I was taught 3 = 1. So, if Yeshua was the flesh avatar of god, then despite whatever travails and pain the avatar felt, he yet knew that he would rise. He didn't need faith, he knew!

• The topic was locked