Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How will God prove himself?

kartikg

Just now, Perfection said:

you may notice that some seem to be offensive. 

define 'offensive'

37 minutes ago, Perfection said:

yes at first I thought it was a powerful spiritual being of some sort. I did not believe in God or anything like that. I had never been to church & I lived in an atheist family & atheist community. It wasn't until I faced the being & started getting to know it, & it took me on journeys & I observed its powers & its nature, & then I realised it was actually God & no other. It was every bit as angry & furious as The Father God in The Bible & that is because it is The Father God from The Bible. LOL. I thought it was just a grumpy spiritual being that was going to kill me

For all those years I worked magick, summoned spirits, god, demons, even angels. I never had such a vivid 'illusion' presented to me. Sorry I'm not buying this one bit. Too much of this screams role playing to me. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Are we not taught that the Father and the son are one? and the 'holy spirit' makes three? But all are one?

Maybe it's because of different backgrounds, but I was taught 3 = 1. So, if Yeshua was the flesh avatar of god, then despite whatever travails and pain the avatar felt, he yet knew that he would rise. He didn't need faith, he knew!

No, not according to my beliefs. Jesus was no avatar, but that which had been with God from the beginning. the word of God made manifest in flesh as the Christ. As for the other--if you know that if you stick your hand in fire, it will burn but heal, will that alleviate the pain? Jesus died as a man a painful and agonizing death as all flesh would. That was the point of the "Charade." It was the final sacrifice, the last burnt offering of propitiation after which no other was required. That's the theology I was taught.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Perfection said:

well when you are getting a lot of posts directed at you then you may notice that some seem to be offensive. 

I've met God so I just wanted to add my two cents to this thread. I don't think there ever will be proof of God & therefore it is a case of people's choice to keep an open mind or have a closed mind. I write that I have met God in the hope that people will keep an open mind to God. Because I know that God is the greatest thing anyone can meet & I want people to meet God too. If they close their minds then they can miss out on something spiritual & wonderful

You've met your own personal god construct. An idea you created based on your expectations and beliefs. An imaginary friend. You're riding the dopamine wave. 

God is nothing to me. God has never show itself to me and for god to show itself to others, means god can be proven to exist. 

I could write a hundred Bible size books filled with true accounts of the journeys & miracles God has shown me. But people would still have the choice to believe or not believe. So the entire debate about God is absolutely pointless.

There is no proof. When you meet God you will have proof of your own. Then the atheists or critics will call you a liar as well. That is just the way it is. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Are we not taught that the Father and the son are one? and the 'holy spirit' makes three? But all are one?

Maybe it's because of different backgrounds, but I was taught 3 = 1. So, if Yeshua was the flesh avatar of god, then despite whatever travails and pain the avatar felt, he yet knew that he would rise. He didn't need faith, he knew!

Jesus wasn't God, anymore than the words you just typed are you. Yet, they sprang from you and by your will. This was a contentious issue for the early Church, too.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Perfection said:

I could write a hundred Bible size books filled with true accounts of the journeys & miracles God has shown me. But people would still have the choice to believe or not believe. So the entire debate about God is absolutely pointless.

There is no proof. When you meet God you will have proof of your own. Then the atheists or critics will call you a liar as well. That is just the way it is. 

I've died twice. Still no god. And you're right it is pointless to debate god's existence. As we have no true idea of what god would actually be. So your god like everyone else's god is equally invalid. Subjective experiences do not count as evidence.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

It was the final sacrifice,

A sacrifice of himself, to himself, if one is to believe the scriptures.

But not a true sacrifice. Jesus contended that he was god made flesh. Therefore, despite the frailties of the human form, he had the knowledge (not faith, not belief) that he would not permanently die.

To use a really crude analogy, it's like a professional athelete wagering his entire fortune in a game versus a toddler: he can't lose. Therefore, it isn't a real threat.

In like manner, the personage of Yeshua (if he actually existed, and was god incarnate), had no worries as far as death was concerned. If the tale told to us is true, then yeah, Yeshua/god had a really bad day. But in the end, that's all it was. A. Really. Bad. Day. Then, he was A-OK! Being god and all.

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I've died twice. Still no god. And you're right it is pointless to debate god's existence. As we have no true idea of what god would actually be. So your god like everyone else's god is equally invalid. Subjective experiences do not count as evidence.

As far as God goes, everything is equally valid until proven otherwise and subjective experience counts in all aspects of our lives whether or not passes review as evidence. Love is subjective experience.

I've died twice. Still no god.

Obviously God is simply watching you play like a child with your mind & astral powers. One day God will manifest to wake you up. I've seen many accounts where God does that. People are enjoying their own spiritual powers & journey as if they are in control & then God appears one day, & the people get the fright of their life! It will happen sooner or later. You are simply being watched. 

3 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

As far as God goes, everything is equally valid until proven otherwise and subjective experience counts in all aspects of our lives whether or not passes review as evidence. Love is subjective experience.

Love is a chemical reaction in the brain based on instinctive drives and one's own beliefs. Same goes for faith, it's just a chemical reaction based on an individuals beliefs and desires. Same type of neurochemicals. Endorphins, serotonin, oxytocin, and dopamine. If it feels good, people can become addicted to anything, even an idea.

1 minute ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

A sacrifice of himself, to himself, if one is to believe the scriptures.

But not a true sacrifice. Jesus contended that he was god made flesh. Therefore, despite the frailties of the human form, he had the knowledge (not faith, not belief) that he would not permanently die.

To use a really crude analogy, it's like a professional athelete wagering his entire fortune in a game versus a toddler: he can't lose. Therefore, it isn't a real threat.

In like manner, the personage of Yeshua (if he actually existed, and was god incarnate), had no worries as far as death was concerned. If the tale told to us is true, then yeah, Yeshua/god had a really bad day. But in the end, that's all it was. A. Really. Bad. Day. Then, he was A-OK! Being god and all.

Sorry, I understand you were taught to believe that, just as I, being raised a Calvinist Protestant, was taught differently. Christ was the Son of God, not God himself, born as a man lived as a man and died as a man, suffering the agony and ignominy of crucifixion for the remission of all sin. That's what I was taught. So we'll just have to agree to disagree. In any event, we can't prove anything and maybe don't even believe it all, anymore, anyway,  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Perfection said:

Obviously God is simply watching you play like a child with your mind & astral powers. One day God will manifest to wake you up. I've seen many accounts where God does that. People are enjoying their own spiritual powers & journey as if they are in control & then God appears one day, & the people get the fright of their life! It will happen sooner or later. You are simply being watched. 

Doubt it. God is dead and we killed him. Once we started dispelling myth and superstition, god was put on life support. Spiritual powers do not exist, god doesn't exist. There is no heaven, there is no hell, there is only nothingness. God doesn't give a single damn about me. 

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Love is a chemical reaction in the brain based on instinctive drives and one's own beliefs. Same goes for faith, it's just a chemical reaction based on an individuals beliefs and desires. Same type of neurochemicals. Endorphins, serotonin, oxytocin, and dopamine. If it feels good, people can become addicted to anything, even an idea.

That's about as silly as dismissing a beautiful work of art as just paint, canvass and rosin and reflected light.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

That's about as silly as dismissing a beautiful work of art as just paint, canvass and rosin and reflected light.

Art is just art. Anyone can paint a picture, draw a figure, or throw paint at a canvass. Art doesn't mean anything. Even a caveman can do it.

Just now, XenoFish said:

Art is just art. Anyone can paint a picture, draw a figure, or throw paint at a canvass. Art doesn't mean anything. Even a caveman can do it.

Misery loves company. Feeling lonely, Xeno?

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

Misery loves company. Feeling lonely, Xeno?

Why would I? You're here. Got anything else snarky to say there Hammer? 

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

There is no heaven, there is no hell, there is only nothingness. God doesn't give a single damn about me.

One time God was taking me through the levels of Heaven & we came to a large void, & God put me into the void. I slowly disintegrated & became nothing & was merged with the void. I still had a mind but no body of any kind. Then God drew me back out of the void & made me into a person again. So I think you will find that your idea is wrong & you cannot escape into nothingness like you suggest. God will still manifest one day & you will know God is real.

1 minute ago, Perfection said:

One time God was taking me through the levels of Heaven & we came to a large void, & God put me into the void. I slowly disintegrated & became nothing & was merged with the void. I still had a mind but no body of any kind. Then God drew me back out of the void & made me into a person again. So I think you will find that your idea is wrong & you cannot escape into nothingness like you suggest. God will still manifest one day & you will know God is real.

Nice story, tell me when the movie comes out. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, danydandan said:

Yeah but obviously the poster I responded to does think through only way to God is through Christ.

Who wrong you or him?

Well, one would imagine that if a person has come to believe in Christ and His message, then His words would be believed.  He is the one who made Christianity so "non-inclusive".  

“Lord,” said Thomas, “we do not know where You are going, so how can we know the way?” 6Jesusanswered, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

In the minds of many today, this makes Christ Himself a hater.    If I understand the scripture regarding His return, that idea may become greatly reinforced for some, albeit briefly.  It's an amazing time to be alive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Why would I? You're here. Got anything else snarky to say there Hammer? 

Oh, I think you brought enough snarky with you for everyone. What's up with you Xeno? After you're through showing your jar of spiders and snakes to the class, why not try unburdening yourself? I don't see how it could hurt more than your hurting.

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

Oh, I think you brought enough snarky with you for everyone. What's up with you Xeno? After you're through showing your jar of spiders and snakes to the class, why not try unburdening yourself? I don't see how it could hurt more than your hurting.

Cute. The thing about pain, is that it let's you know you're alive. Unlike numbing yourself with faith. In fact I feel rather good, I guess it's the pills I'm taking. It's amazing what a diet change and stuffing yourself with vitamins and omega-3's can do to a person, I don't even give an F if it's nothing more than a placebo, I don't even care. Better than a bullet in my skull. Wouldn't you agree?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Cute. The thing about pain, is that it let's you know you're alive. Unlike numbing yourself with faith. In fact I feel rather good, I guess it's the pills I'm taking. It's amazing what a diet change and stuffing yourself with vitamins and omega-3's can do to a person, I don't even give an F if it's nothing more than a placebo, I don't even care. Better than a bullet in my skull. Wouldn't you agree?

"a chemical reaction in the brain based on instinctive drives and one's own beliefs...….. it's just a chemical reaction based on an individuals beliefs and desires. Same type of neurochemicals. Endorphins, serotonin," So, it works for you this way, huh.

You see. My problem with god is that it's always a concept of god that people want to talk about. Without this concept of god, there is no god. No idea of god, without that, god doesn't exist in any form whatsoever. So whatever belief an individual hold of god is based largely on other peoples ideas. You can create a god based on complete bs. I mean scientology is a 'religion'. And it's 100% nonsense. So what make the Christian faith any more valid that one based on some space god, or the elder gods from the works of H.P. Lovecraft? Nothing. Absolutely nothing at all. 

Then you have those who so saturate themselves with belief that they get entirely subjective experiences they treat as fact. Sure it happened to them, but it doesn't make that experience actually real. So telling me that a three-breasted space goddess wants to save my soul is going to equally as meaningless as telling me one dead jew saved the world from sin.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked