Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How will God prove himself?

kartikg

52 minutes ago, Perfection said:

well when you are getting a lot of posts directed at you then you may notice that some seem to be offensive. 

I've met God so I just wanted to add my two cents to this thread. I don't think there ever will be proof of God & therefore it is a case of people's choice to keep an open mind or have a closed mind. I write that I have met God in the hope that people will keep an open mind to God. Because I know that God is the greatest thing anyone can meet & I want people to meet God too. If they close their minds then they can miss out on something spiritual & wonderful

What is so great about god for you? 

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

"a chemical reaction in the brain based on instinctive drives and one's own beliefs...….. it's just a chemical reaction based on an individuals beliefs and desires. Same type of neurochemicals. Endorphins, serotonin," So, it works for you this way, huh.

You're a chemically driven organism Hammer. Sorry to break it to you. 90% of everything you do is automatic, habits. We're just animals. Barely domesticated ones at that.

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

You see. My problem with god is that it's always a concept of god that people want to talk about. Without this concept of god, there is no god. No idea of god, without that, god doesn't exist in any form whatsoever. So whatever belief an individual hold of god is based largely on other peoples ideas. You can create a god based on complete bs. I mean scientology is a 'religion'. And it's 100% nonsense. So what make the Christian faith any more valid that one based on some space god, or the elder gods from the works of H.P. Lovecraft? Nothing. Absolutely nothing at all. 

Then you have those who so saturate themselves with belief that they get entirely subjective experiences they treat as fact. Sure it happened to them, but it doesn't make that experience actually real. So telling me that a three-breasted space goddess wants to save my soul is going to equally as meaningless as telling me one dead jew saved the world from sin.

"I don't believe any of that." would suffice. Nastily denouncing what others believe is not being nice. I'm glad you feel happy. God help us if you ever show up ecstatic.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You're a chemically driven organism Hammer. Sorry to break it to you. 90% of everything you do is automatic, habits. We're just animals. Barely domesticated ones at that.

Yes, talking monkeys with big egos. Here, have a banana.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

"I don't believe any of that." would suffice. Nastily denouncing what others believe is not being nice. I'm glad you feel happy. God help us if you ever show up ecstatic.

No it wouldn't. It never does. Because even if I did say, "I don't buy that". I would automatically be wrong because.....god. Remember I don't really care what people believe so long as they bring no harm because of it. Preaching is different. 

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

No it wouldn't. It never does. Because even if I did say, "I don't buy that". I would automatically be wrong because.....god. Remember I don't really care what people believe so long as they bring no harm because of it. Preaching is different. 

How does that hurt you? Why would it make you wrong? 

Edited by Hammerclaw

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

How does that hurt you?

Because I don't like people telling me a lie. It annoys me. 

God is this...

God is that...

God's love...blah, blah, blah,

If only you were open minded to God......

Yeah, it's annoying. And before you even fire back at me. I know I'm annoying. 

10 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

What is so great about god for you? 

well God is an actual physical person, & being with God is the same as being with a friend or someone who is communicating to you. It's like a social thing where you meet someone & then go have great times together & feel great affection for the person. God is like that. God is a person of infinite spiritual powers & when you go places with God you really go to other worlds & even outside of the universe at times. It is all very interesting but nothing beats just being in God's physical presence & feeling God's loving aura 

Just now, XenoFish said:

Because I don't like people telling me a lie. It annoys me. 

God is this...

God is that...

God's love...blah, blah, blah,

If only you were open minded to God......

Yeah, it's annoying. And before you even fire back at me. I know I'm annoying. 

I'm your friend; annoy all you want. That's what friends are for. You're pretty lame compared to some I've been friends with.

I'm your friend; annoy all you want. That's what friends are for. You're pretty lame compared to some I've been friends with.

I've progressively lost my desire to be at maximum annoyance. Lame? Tame? Meh....

Just now, XenoFish said:

I've progressively lost my desire to be at maximum annoyance. Lame? Tame? Meh....

At least you haven't stopped taking your medicine and died on me.

At least you haven't stopped taking your medicine and died on me.

I don't feel suicidal anymore, but I'm still cynical and sarcastic. The depressions has started to become a dull roar in the back of my mind. I just quit giving an F about a lot of things beyond my control. Which was nearly everything. No god-gasm involved.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Why? Not being sarcastic, or offensive, but why is he the 'best example' to follow?

I think the only way to really find out, is to do it. Do it as best you can.

Follow Jesus.

However those two words taken together give meaning to you.

There's enough evidence of his life and teachings out there to make a go of it isn't there?

It can't hurt to try.

• Thanks 1

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 5:42 AM, William Batey said:

God has proven Himself by His Word known as the Holy Bible.

If that is God then he is sure messed up in the head.:yes: I mean in the first half of the book he is murdering everybody and the second half he is turning water into wine. Maybe the bible god needs some meds.:lol:

Edited by Truthseeker007
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Follow Jesus.

There's enough evidence of his life and teachings out there to make a go of it isn't there?

It can't hurt to try.

No, Will the question is why is Jesus the best example to follow? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Will Due said:

Follow Jesus.

It can't hurt to try.

What if one does not want to follow an entity outside themselves? I sure don't want to follow anybody because I believe in myself and that is all I need.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Perfection said:

well God is an actual physical person, & being with God is the same as being with a friend or someone who is communicating to you. It's like a social thing where you meet someone & then go have great times together & feel great affection for the person. God is like that. God is a person of infinite spiritual powers & when you go places with God you really go to other worlds & even outside of the universe at times. It is all very interesting but nothing beats just being in God's physical presence & feeling God's loving aura 

No, I am asking what is great about god? I feel like what you describe about my friends hubby and kids. For me, ha going out with my husband is interesting and is filled with love. 

Do you have a support system in your life, friends, love, etc?

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I don't feel suicidal anymore, but I'm still cynical and sarcastic. The depressions has started to become a dull roar in the back of my mind. I just quit giving an F about a lot of things beyond my control. Which was nearly everything. No god-gasm involved.

Good for you Xeno. I am happy for you.:) I see much potential in you.

12 hours ago, Will Due said:

Please describe what form God is in when you've encountered him. Does he take the form as if he's human or is it some other form?

And I would add, Perfection, next time he takes you to Hell, ask him if you can bring a camera.  If not, can you tell us exactly what he says?

Thanks!

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

No, Will the question is why is Jesus the best example to follow? 

I guess what I'm trying to say is you have to follow Jesus to find out why he's the best example to follow.

It can't hurt to try.

There's enough evidence of his life and teachings out there to know what that is.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

And I would add, Perfection, next time he takes you to Hell, ask him if you can bring a camera.  If not, can you tell us exactly what he says?

Thanks!

I already asked Perfection that. I didn't get a reply. 

Edited by Will Due

5 minutes ago, Will Due said:

I guess what I'm trying to say is you have to follow Jesus to find out why he's the best example to follow.

It can't hurt to try.

There's enough evidence of his life and teachings out there to know what that is.

So why not Krishna or Buddha? After all what Jesus is quoted as saying in the Bible has been taken from other sources.

12 minutes ago, Will Due said:

It can't hurt to try.

And yet very little of it, and NONE of his beliefs/teachings, are contemporary with his life. 

cormac

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

So why not Krishna or Buddha? After all what Jesus is quoted as saying in the Bible has been taken from other sources.

Are you sure?

Even then, why would it matter?

The evidence of his life and teachings kind of speak for itself doesn't it? What he taught and how he lived his life is recorded, eventhough it might be fragmented a bit. It's still there isn't it?

Edited by Will Due
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked