Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump weighing military options in Syria

Claire.

6 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Im more intetested in what Assad is thinking.  Wondering why his supposed Russian friends didn't take out those missles which they easily could have.  Im also interested if Assad doesnt publically question it Why? Who do you work for Assad?

We've certainly been told over and over about how effective the S400 system is on cruise missiles.  No reason to believe it's a lie so it tells me that Putin knew that he was going to have to take the hit or escalate based on support for scum hated by the whole planet.  I think he's furious and he'll hit back at a time and place of his choosing.  I get the impression that Assad has always been about Assad and his Iranian backers.

• Like 1

Just now, and then said:

We've certainly been told over and over about how effective the S400 system is on cruise missiles.  No reason to believe it's a lie so it tells me that Putin knew that he was going to have to take the hit or escalate based on support for scum hated by the whole planet.  I think he's furious and he'll hit back at a time and place of his choosing.  I get the impression that Assad has always been about Assad and his Iranian backers.

Firing S400s at cruise missiles is a bit like sacrificing an aircraft carrier to shoot down some airplanes.

Assad takes out 4, the other 46 reach their target.  Trump fires 39 more because he's mad that 4 missed.

Israel has been airstriking Syria for months.  No S400s. 

3 minutes ago, and then said:

I think Trump left it open as far as Assad's fate.  Letting Putin know that Assad can stay if he behaves.  Basically giving Putin a bone.

• Like 1

...Im new to this particular discussion but how dumb Assad must be to even contemplate a chemical attack... let alone do it! especially since he was nearly removed by Obama a few years back for doing the same chit. Surely there must be more to this? 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

Trump is out of his league.

Hardball would be hitting the Presidential Palaces, all of them, at the same time.

That would have been my move on Assad. Make it personal.

Sorry dude, but he fired the guy that would have recommended that , the other day. As for being out of his element, he knows that. Why do you think he's surrounded himself with generals?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Yamato said:

Firing S400s at cruise missiles is a bit like sacrificing an aircraft carrier to shoot down some airplanes.

Assad takes out 4, the other 46 reach their target.  Trump fires 39 more because he's mad that 4 missed.

Israel has been airstriking Syria for months.  No S400s. 

Not quite.  The S400 is anti-aircraft.  They could certainly take out tomahawks.  Using an S400 to take out 1000lbs explosive aimed at your airfield is definitely worth it.  The question is how many did they have?  The 50+ tomahawks were calculated to do the job taking in consideration some predetermined attrition rate.  The target was more than saturated.  If Putin was aware of the attack and chose not to active the AA batteries then that's one thing. otherwise, it has been a total embarrassment of Syrian and Russian air defenses.

• Like 2

A very sad and worrying time -

what a shame... the biggest fake news story so far.....

(probably engineered by the likes of McCain in cahoots with so called ''''rebels''')

and Trump goes and falls for it ...

I'm gutted

I can hear ISIS, Al Qaeda, Saudi Arabia etc and the Western warmongers cheering from here -

How perfect for the Global Elite - they might get their World War after all and the bonus is.....
they can can pin it on Trump..!!!

We will see how all this develops but I am very disappointed that Trump has fallen for what looks to
me to be an obvious scam - my own 'red line' has been crossed.. :(

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

Not quite.  The S400 is anti-aircraft.  They could certainly take out tomahawks.  Using an S400 to take out 1000lbs explosive aimed at your airfield is definitely worth it.  The question is how many did they have?  The 50+ tomahawks were calculated to do the job taking in consideration some predetermined attrition rate.  The target was more than saturated.  If Putin was aware of the attack and chose not to active the AA batteries then that's one thing. otherwise, it has been a total embarrassment of Syrian and Russian air defenses.

It's "worth" all of losing an attrition war.  We have as many cruise missiles as the beloved industrial complex can sell as fast as it can build them.   Like any evidence of the facts of this chemical attack we have no idea how many S400s Syria has, if any.

Edited by Yamato
quotes

24 minutes ago, bee said:

A very sad and worrying time -

(probably engineered by the likes of McCain in cahoots with so called ''''rebels''')

I'm gutted

I can hear ISIS, Al Qaeda, Saudi Arabia etc and the Western warmongers cheering from here -

How perfect for the Global Elite - they might get their World War after all and the bonus is.....
they can can pin it on Trump..!!!

We will see how all this develops but I am very disappointed that Trump has fallen for what looks to
me to be an obvious scam - my own 'red line' has been crossed.. :(

If only it was just McCain, he's just the head cheerleader.  The entire Congress is derelict bee.  No consultations, no debates, no questions, no declaration. 

This isn't a constitutional republic, it's an unconstitutional criminal Mob.  

• Like 2

Well, the Orange Tyrant certainly didn't waste time fannying about with trying to pretend that Congress or anyone like that were in any remote way relevant any more, did he. 

10 hours ago, Claire. said:

My personal feelings are as follows:

Assad is a war criminal and Syrians are fleeing his regime as much as they are fleeing ISIS. He needs to be removed.

I knew exactly that was what "Democratic" supporters would say. They wanted war with Syria's Tyrant, America's Tyrant has given you it, you should be grateful to him. It'll be very interesting to see whether you and other "Democratic" supporters keep trying to get him deposed (Trump, that is) now that he's giving you just what you wanted from The Blessed Hillary. Be delighted! 

• Like 2

Just now, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Well, the Orange Tyrant certainly didn't waste time fannying about with trying to pretend that Congress or anyone like that were in any remote way relevant any more, did he. 

I knew exactly that was what "Democratic" supporters would say. They wanted war with Syria's Tyrant, America's Tyrant has given you it, you should be grateful to him. It'll be very interesting to see whether you and other "Democratic" supporters keep trying to get him deposed (Trump, that is) now that he's giving you just what you wanted from The Blessed Hillary. Be delighted! 

from Wall Guy to Fall Guy ---

A week  few hours is a long time in politics... 

I think it was Farmer said not so long ago, just wait for some provocation that could not go unanswered and provide a glorious excuse for the Embattled President to pull the nation together in outrage against a Vile Foreign Foe, and get the Democrats off his back by doing just what they wanted ..... 

Just now, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

I think it was Farmer said not so long ago, just wait for some provocation that could not go unanswered and provide a glorious excuse for the Embattled President to pull the nation together in outrage against a Vile Foreign Foe, and get the Democrats off his back by doing just what they wanted ..... 

If this is the case I think he will find that appeasement usually doesn't work - and won't in this case -

Looks like the Brit has chosen Putin over Trump. :lol:

1 hour ago, Yamato said:

It's "worth" all of losing an attrition war.  We have as many cruise missiles as the beloved industrial complex can sell as fast as it can build them.   Like any evidence of the facts of this chemical attack we have no idea how many S400s Syria has, if any.

I think the Russians would control Syrian airspace. Any air defences would be Russian. So any attack on them would be an attack on Russia. Don't think that Trump is prepared to start WW3.

More refugees to europe... just what we need ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

2 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

I think i read that America consulted the Russians of the impending attack on the Syrian airfields. The attack moderate and respectful of the current good working relationship between the U.S. and Russia. So if Russian air defences were not tested then i fail to see how it was an embarrassment... if anything Putin must be furious and embarrassed of Assad for messing an otherwise very successful Russian PR campaign to date in Syria. 

17 minutes ago, bee said:

If this is the case I think he will find that appeasement usually doesn't work - and won't in this case -

I think that Trumps response wasn't based in the very least on appeasing the democrat's. Chemical weapons are weapons of mass destruction and the situation required a strong and measured response. Trump did the right thing, IMO.

15 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

I think i read that America consulted the Russians of the impending attack on the Syrian airfields. The attack moderate and respectful of the current good working relationship between the U.S. and Russia. So if Russian air defences were not tested then i fail to see how it was an embarrassment... if anything Putin must be furious and embarrassed of Assad for messing an otherwise very successful Russian PR campaign to date in Syria. 

Yeah it would have been like "get your boys out now because we're about to launch".  Don't think there would have been any negotiations.

Edited by Black Red Devil

The attack is an obvious act of war against Assad's regime and a slap in the face for Russia.  If Assad was responsible, like it appears, of the chemical attack that happened the other day then he's been warned and it's now up to him to take the next step.  I doubt anyone's shaking in their boots about Assad's reaction, but quite curious to see what Putin does.  The biggest danger is, if another attack happens and either the US hits Russian military personnel and/or equipment or Russia fires at allied planes in the act of attacking ISIS.  As if the situation in Syria wasn't muddy enough.

Edited by Black Red Devil

SMH this sucks. Cant believe he fell for this crap.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bee said:

You mean the chemical weapons attack where men, women and children died was a fake news story bee ? 

2 hours ago, bee said:

Seriously ? :huh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

Looks like the Brit has chosen Putin over Trump. :lol:

You really can be a total ****** sometimes with your out-of-place chortling.