Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump weighing military options in Syria

Claire.

3 hours ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

Fixed that for you.

Thanks,COMRADE, but one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.  Last time I checked, it was the Rooskies in Syria, terrorizing the locals.

Funny this:  at a speech in New York before the strike, Hillary suggested that we bomb the airfields.  Crooked as she is, she is also a war hawk.  Did someone leak the plan to her?  A mole would be a problem.  Is she just expressing her constant tenancies? Or did Donald hear about it and think it was a good idea?  Who cares?

Cheers.

• Like 1

Ita good trump bombed them obama sat back and did nothing for 8 years

37 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Thanks,COMRADE, but one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.  Last time I checked, it was the Rooskies in Syria, terrorizing the locals.

The Russians are the enemies of Islamic terrorists. Are they the locals you are referring to?

You know, even if it's all true.... so what?

Everyone nods and agrees that we have no business being the whole world's freaking Policeman, and that getting involved with a war where there are no good guys makes us one of the bad guys and whoever wins we lose... again.

And all they have to do us show us a pic of a couple of dead kids that one of the kids themselves could have faked, and the answer is "Lets get them!"

Brilliant.

We get the Government we deserve, thanks for helping prove that, ALL of you.

Edited by AnchorSteam
  • Like 1

The Russians are the enemies of Islamic terrorists. Are they the locals you are referring to?

No. The Russians have barely engaged ISIS. Their focus has been on Insurrectionists directly threatening a despotic regime, guilty of war crimes. Most of the moderates caught in the crossfire have fled in a Syrian diaspora numbering in the millions. What's left are the more determined and fanatical and some, having no other recourse, have join with less reputable groups under the adage "The enemy of my enemy is my friend," Such pragmatism once allied us with Russia. The West is fighting those who export terror to the rest of world. Russia is fighting those who terrorize a dictator, propping up a corrupt regime so as to maintain a foothold in the Mediterranean.

Edited by Hammerclaw

19 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

You know, even if it's all true.... so what?

Everyone nods and agrees that we have no business being the whole world's freaking Policeman, and that getting involved with a war where there are no good guys makes us one of the bad guys and whoever wins we lose... again.

And all they have to do us show us a pic of a couple of dead kids that one of the kids themselves could have faked, and the answer is "Lets get them!"

Brilliant.

We get the Government we deserve, thanks for helping prove that, ALL of you.

Oh, you poor little snowflake, you're very welcome.

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

No. The Russians have barely engaged ISIS. Their focus has been on Insurrectionists directly threatening a despotic regime, guilty of war crimes. Most of the moderates caught in the crossfire have fled in a Syrian diaspora numbering in the millions. What's left are the more determined and fanatical and some, having no other recourse, have join with less reputable groups under the adage "The enemy of my enemy is my friend," Such pragmatism once allied us with Russia. The West is fighting those who export terror to the rest of world. Russia is fighting those who terrorize a dictator, propping up a corrupt regime so as to maintain a foothold in the Mediterranean.

In all fairness to the Russians they have been the driving force in ISIS being driven away from Turkey and being destroyed. Obama, who i admire... did absolutely nothing for 7 years. Russia came in a and after 3 months ISIS were on the run. 

I wouldn't take too much outta the "moderate" label and that of hard core. Its a bit deceiving when both those groups received help from Saudi Arabia and Turkey and by de fault America too. How can both these "extremes" be trained and recruited the same way and at the same place? The enemies of Assad are many but their goal is the same... i.e. the sunni-fication of Syria. Trust me when i say that if Assad had fallen or falls, Syria will become another intolerable duplicate of Saudi Arabia. Pity that America invested so much in removing a western style dictator only to replace him with authoritarian sunniism. Assad and America are natural allies. Thats what makes this whole Syrian conflict such a disgusting war. The good guy, America is on the wrong side and the bad guy has alined his immoral position with a just war against islamic terrorism. 

What Trump did looks to me like a con trick.  A horrible atrocity was committed, so Trump was under public pressure.  So he bombs a few airfields and announces in advance that will be all.  He even tells the Russians (who of course told the Syrians) that this is coming.

In short the American people are being bamboozled into thinking something was done when in fact it was all mirrors.  Trump is in the Russian camp, and the initial news stories had me hoping I was wrong about this, but now that I see detail I realize I was not wrong.

3 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

In all fairness to the Russians they have been the driving force in ISIS being driven away from Turkey and being destroyed. Obama, who i admire... did absolutely nothing for 7 years. Russia came in a and after 3 months ISIS were on the run. 

I wouldn't take too much outta the "moderate" label and that of hard core. Its a bit deceiving when both those groups received help from Saudi Arabia and Turkey and by de fault America too. How can both these "extremes" be trained and recruited the same way and at the same place? The enemies of Assad are many but their goal is the same... i.e. the sunni-fication of Syria. Trust me when i say that if Assad had fallen or falls, Syria will become another intolerable duplicate of Saudi Arabia. Pity that America invested so much in removing a western style dictator only to replace him with authoritarian sunniism. Assad and America are natural allies. Thats what makes this whole Syrian conflict such a disgusting war. The good guy, America is on the wrong side and the bad guy has alined his immoral position with a just war against islamic terrorism. 

Where do you get your information, Pravda? RT? Please post any credible link that Russia has driven Raqqa based ISIS anywhere. Aleppo wasn't ISIS.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

If the Russians had stayed out, Damascus would have fallen long before ISIS appeared and ISIS would never have been able to get into Syria, and Syria would have been spared all this bloodshed and would have a reasonably democratic government.  Things might have evolved somewhat like they evolved in Egypt -- I don't know that real democracy is possible under Islam, or with the history of the area, but at least the new dictator would not be a brutal monster.

6 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Where do you get your information, Pravda? RT? Please post any credible link that Russia has driven Raqqa based ISIS anywhere. Aleppo wasn't ISIS.

Obama and his soft ways for 7 years did nothing but prolong the Syrian war. Along cam Russia and everything changed. As for what i read... i read lots and if you think I'm wrong then post your own link so i can have some fun.

7 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

If the Russians had stayed out, Damascus would have fallen long before ISIS appeared and ISIS would never have been able to get into Syria, and Syria would have been spared all this bloodshed and would have a reasonably democratic government.  Things might have evolved somewhat like they evolved in Egypt -- I don't know that real democracy is possible under Islam, or with the history of the area, but at least the new dictator would not be a brutal monster.

Yeah Frank Damascus would have fallen. The whole of Syria would have been devoid of Christians and Kurds... Shia and anyone else that doesn't believe in Sunni Islam. The place would look like Libya and have the same future. Hell Obama even got rid of pro-western Mubarak and replaced him with the Muslim Brotherhood. The very same that wants to kill every jew. Even the Saudis couldn't stomach that and thats saying a lot. This really is not a successful outcome to 7 years of war. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

Obama and his soft ways for 7 years did nothing but prolong the Syrian war. Along cam Russia and everything changed. As for what i read... i read lots and if you think I'm wrong then post your own link so i can have some fun.

Is that Radio Vladivostok I hear playing in the background? I knew  you couldn't find a link, Captain Rooskie.

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

Is that Radio Vladivostok I hear playing in the background? I knew  you couldn't find a link, Captain Rooskie.

You say that about everyone that disagrees with you. So it has no meaning or rather effect on me. Try again. 

You say that about everyone that disagrees with you. So it has no meaning or rather effect on me. Try again. 

Nope, you're the only Captain Rooskie---there can be only one.

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

Nope, you're the only Captain Rooskie---there can be only one.

Buddy i have already stated that Trump did the right thing and that Assad and the Russians need to be reined in. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Yeah Frank Damascus would have fallen. The whole of Syria would have been devoid of Christians and Kurds... Shia and anyone else that doesn't believe in Sunni Islam. The place would look like Libya and have the same future. Hell Obama even got rid of pro-western Mubarak and replaced him with the Muslim Brotherhood. The very same that wants to kill every jew. Even the Saudis couldn't stomach that and thats saying a lot. This really is not a successful outcome to 7 years of war. 

What you post tends to make me wonder about you and where you get your views.  You should hide your affiliations better and not be quite so obvious.  Of course there are several who could take this advice.  The net result among informed people is you get ignored as a propagandist.

Just now, Frank Merton said:

What you post tends to make me wonder about you and where you get your views.  You should hide your affiliations better and not be quite so obvious.  Of course there are several who could take this advice.  The net result among informed people is you get ignored as a propagandist.

Yeah well if you find out who Im "working" for be kind enough to tell them i need to get paid! I take cheque, credit card and cash :D

• Like 2

Buddy i have already stated that Trump did the right thing and that Assad and the Russians need to be reined in. 

Spacibo tovarich, spkoinoinochi.

I have to get out of here but this thread was GREAT!!!!!! hahahaa ! """" i need to get paid!"" The wittier the better, some of the wittiest minds on the net, I still liked:::::::: Captian Rooksie

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

The rebels could have gotten the sarin from Turkey... like they did the first time in 2012. You mentioned in this tread that sarin has a shelf life of several weeks which with the Turkey Syria border being porous and large sections under the control of Turkey and its militia just wouldn't be a problem moving it in. But without proof and the narrative being that it came off a Assad plane then thats what we're working off. 

That's the thing, only Russia, Iran, and Syria along with one reporter say the sarin gas didn't come from Syria itself.  The UN said the sarin gas attacks closer to the start of the war came from Syria, multiple countries running independent investigations said the sarin came from Syria, test done on the sarin used in the attacks showed that it had the same markers as the sarin that Syria produces, and to top it off Turkey has never had a chemical weapons program.  

It seems most people aren't understanding just how difficult moving sarin would be, especially without having any air cover.  First off a facility would have to be made that could hold the sarin precursor compounds before they could be transported anywhere, building such a facility would be extremely costly and time consuming to begin with.  Then there is the problem of transporting the precursor compounds themselves.  Assuming that it's the two precursors that are mixed to create sarin, at least one of them if not both are extremely corrosive and reactive which means they need to be shipped in special containers.  If it's not those two precursor compounds then there would be the issue of building an advanced enough chem lab to get them from other ingredients.  

Then there is the amount that would need to be transported.  In the Ghouta attacks approximately 1,000 liters of sarin was used in the attack or to put it in terms of weight slightly bit more then 1,000 kg.  That is a lot of sarin/precursor compounds to transport, especially considering it would need to be moved in special containers which would add to the weight.  To move that much sarin vehicles would have to be used and while the border may be porous does anyone believe the Syrian air Force would just let military transport vehicles to move about unmolested.

Lastly there is the small problem that Turkey has never had a chemical weapons program and that the sarin used in the Ghouta attacks was of high purity, over 60% pure.  This is important for two reasons.  The first is that who ever made the sarin knew what they were doing, something I doubt a country who never had a chemical weapons program would be able to do on short notice.  Secondly it heavily implies that it was stored properly by people who knew how to store it till it was used, once again something that rebels barely scraping by shouldn't be able to do.

Ultimately there are two main possibilities, either Syria which is known to have sarin used it against the rebels or that the rebels were somehow able to steal/produce or transport sarin from a country that has no chemical weapons program in large quantities and used them so successfully on themselves in a false flag attack that they tricked the UN and multiple countries doing their own independent investigations. 

Honestly this whole sarin being from the rebels is utterly and completely insane with even the most basic research pointing out massive flaws in the theory.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

That's the thing, only Russia, Iran, and Syria along with one reporter say the sarin gas didn't come from Syria itself.  The UN said the sarin gas attacks closer to the start of the war came from Syria, multiple countries running independent investigations said the sarin came from Syria, test done on the sarin used in the attacks showed that it had the same markers as the sarin that Syria produces, and to top it off Turkey has never had a chemical weapons program.  

It seems most people aren't understanding just how difficult moving sarin would be, especially without having any air cover.  First off a facility would have to be made that could hold the sarin precursor compounds before they could be transported anywhere, building such a facility would be extremely costly and time consuming to begin with.  Then there is the problem of transporting the precursor compounds themselves.  Assuming that it's the two precursors that are mixed to create sarin, at least one of them if not both are extremely corrosive and reactive which means they need to be shipped in special containers.  If it's not those two precursor compounds then there would be the issue of building an advanced enough chem lab to get them from other ingredients.  

Then there is the amount that would need to be transported.  In the Ghouta attacks approximately 1,000 liters of sarin was used in the attack or to put it in terms of weight slightly bit more then 1,000 kg.  That is a lot of sarin/precursor compounds to transport, especially considering it would need to be moved in special containers which would add to the weight.  To move that much sarin vehicles would have to be used and while the border may be porous does anyone believe the Syrian air Force would just let military transport vehicles to move about unmolested.

Lastly there is the small problem that Turkey has never had a chemical weapons program and that the sarin used in the Ghouta attacks was of high purity, over 60% pure.  This is important for two reasons.  The first is that who ever made the sarin knew what they were doing, something I doubt a country who never had a chemical weapons program would be able to do on short notice.  Secondly it heavily implies that it was stored properly by people who knew how to store it till it was used, once again something that rebels barely scraping by shouldn't be able to do.

Ultimately there are two main possibilities, either Syria which is known to have sarin used it against the rebels or that the rebels were somehow able to steal/produce or transport sarin from a country that has no chemical weapons program in large quantities and used them so successfully on themselves in a false flag attack that they tricked the UN and multiple countries doing their own independent investigations. 

Honestly this whole sarin being from the rebels is utterly and completely insane with even the most basic research pointing out massive flaws in the theory.

Look i agree with you that the whole false flag thing just has not been proven. When i say that Turkey could have been involved its just subject to the poor reason that Assad would have to use it. Russia and Assad had nothing to gain from it yet the proof is pointing in their direction. Turkey did try this in 2012 and it lead to serious falling out with Obama. Also, Turkey and Saudi Arabia training "moderates" The whole thing stinks from top to bottom. I just feel for the Syrian people. I don't trust any one is telling the truth at this stage. 

4 hours ago, Astra. said:

Below is what Rex Tillerson had to say about Assad yesterday. He mentions that Russia should consider their support for Assad carefully, although I can't see Putin turning his back on Assad at this stage or any time soon. It is also obvious that they want to see Assad gone for good, as it's believed that he has no future roll in running his country. And it appears that there is no doubt in the minds of the US military, that Assad was responsible for unleashing these recent and horrible chemicals.

Maybe I was being a little starry-eyed...but I was hoping that Russia the US and allies could all work together in trying to eliminate this ISIS scourge in Syria. But after this, I'm not so sure how Russia / US relations will be. At the moment, it feels like 'one step forward, ten steps back'...it's a shame.

I think that's everyone's question.  Two characters, one's poker-faced and the second is volatile.  As for Assad gone, only if replaced by another Shiite leader.  Iran is also an integral part of the Russian alliance and a Sunni leader would be more propense to seek alliance with Riyadh than Teheran.

• Like 2

Just now, Captain Risky said:

Yeah well if you find out who Im "working" for be kind enough to tell them i need to get paid! I take cheque, credit card and cash :D

Double Agents HammerandSickleClaw and Mertonski will be sending you the rubles by carrier pigeon later today -

:ph34r:

• Like 2