Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia warns the US of serious consequences

seeder

12 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

How do you know that Syria's Tyrant was behind it, Lilly?

:tu:   exactly.... remember this from 2nd link

The former British Ambassador to Syria Peter Ford who says he believes it is 'highly unlikely' that Russia or the Assad regime was behind the attack in Idlib.

• Like 2

Remember the US bombed the air strip.... they didnt even aim at Assads residences

Perhaps having the western backed terrorists bombed by Syria and Russia upset the US

• Like 2

Hillary, today, hearing what Trump has been suckered into ..

23158392405_d3e3b60cb8_o-300x200.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

And Trump would have deterred him? What business would it have been of his? "His vile invasion of Crimea", you might say? Of which the people had asked him, practically begged, to be allowed to rejoin Russia for years? (And among whom his popularity rating is over 80%)? Assisting Syria's Vile Dictator? Just like the way America has supported Saudi Arabia for years?

Who Knows ?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Seeder it's like this, the nuclear deterrent is like two opponents, armed only with Zippos,  squaring up to each other while standing with all their loved ones, all their possessions, and everything they hold dear, in a swimming pool knee deep in petrol. No one is going to do it. Especially not now as the balance of military power has swung so heavily in favour of the U.S. Don't get me wrong I'm like you I'm standing just to your left on that map, so I've no axe to grind or cause to support in Russian American relations. I just think it's a one horse race these days.  

well....in advance of the latest news..... the US/Nato has massed troops and equipment on Russia borders

Its almost like....lets get on the  Russia border....then distract them in the mid east

then....when Russia has assets in the Mid East

ATTACK Russia

54 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

Without wanting to sound like a conspiracy theorist, it seems par for the course these days. Outside of the odd more apparent nutcase, such as Kim Jong Un, the entire political world operates through smoke and mirrors.

I was considering this earlier in the discussion on who is actually behind the chemical attack, and the conclusion I came to is... "does it matter?"

The powers that be will use the attack to further their own hidden agendas, and we'll ohh and ahh like the audience in a carefully constructed whodunit plot, as we try to work out who the culprit is. Ultimately, we'll probably never have an answer.

Isn't it slightly telling though that neither Trump nor Putin come out of this situation looking particularly bad? Trump shows strength against the old enemy at a time when the world has been focused on Russian ties. Putin gets the opportunity to reavow his opposition to the old enemy, yet at the same time adopt a position of measured diplomacy in his response.

Meanwhile, we'll keep guessing "whodunit" until the next event draws our attention away...

Man... I can't decide whether age is bringing me wisdom or cynicism :rolleyes:

Bolded; have a watch of Hypernormlisation. - it was on the BBC just before Christmas, its long at 2 hours 45 mins, and you think where is this going, but stick with it. (it has a 15 age rating (contains minor scenes of death)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, seeder said:

well....in advance of the latest news..... the US/Nato has massed troops and equipment on Russia borders

Its almost like....lets get on the  Russia border....then distract them in the mid east

then....when Russia has assets in the Mid East

ATTACK Russia

In what reality is this? Perhaps NATO will do a victory parade through the radioactive ashes of New York.

Edited by A rather obscure Bassoon
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

In what reality is this, perhaps NATO will do a parade through the radioactive ashes of New York.

so far its all a fact, The US and NATO have massed on Russia borders....

it just depends on what you call a mass I guess

and.... Russia HAS now warned the US/Trump

the US wants Assad gone, Russia doesn't want him gone

whats hard to see about this? Or where its leading?

5 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Bolded; have a watch of Hypernormlisation. - it was on the BBC just before Christmas, its long at 2 hours 45 mins, and you think where is this going, but stick with it. (it has a 15 age rating (contains minor scenes of death)

I'll give it a watch when I get the chance.

I hope you realize I might have to sacrifice one of the Lord of the Rings films though. That's some lengthy viewing! ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, seeder said:

Even China condemned the attacks.... they are of course a Russia ally....

so you can say.... two SUPERPOWERS..... are against the US bombing....

I need to go read a few sources so I can come back with links.... stuff I already read over the last couple of days but never bookmarked, then I can post them

Your opinion of Russian and Chinese military prowess notwithstanding, rational leaders do not risk a nuclear exchange over a situation that is not existential in nature.  I'm sure that breathless writers all over the webs are coming up with scenarios that could lead to Armageddon but when Trump OR Putin contemplate an escalation, it will be done VERY judiciously (at least in their judgment)  When the day comes that the world accepts that Iran and the Norks have deliverable nukes, I'll share your dread.  Until then, meh.  You can expect to see all sorts of rumblings from the Bear and Dragon but in the end they will not risk a major flare up over this one.  Putin knows that Trump isn't interested in owning that hell hole that used to be Syria.  He also knows that he won, big time, when Obama gave him a major place at the table in the M.E.  So to think he'd risk a full-on war over a nearly inconsequential missile strike is just absurd.  Xi CERTAINLY wouldn't. The situation should become a little more clear next week when Tillerson goes for a sit-down heart to heart with Vlad.  Tillerson so far, doesn't strike me as an "easy win" when it comes to standing up for his company OR his boss.  He also seems to be acquainted with Putin through prior business in Russia so the meeting should yield light as well as heat.  Meanwhile, there are reports that Syrian aircraft are flying off the field that was demolished so I'd say the reaction is mostly overblown.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

And Trump would have deterred him? What business would it have been of his? "His vile invasion of Crimea", you might say? Of which the people had asked him, practically begged, to be allowed to rejoin Russia for years? (And among whom his popularity rating is over 80%)? Assisting Syria's Vile Dictator? Just like the way America has supported Saudi Arabia for years?

shame I cant give another like, but I can give this   :tu:

• Like 1

Just now, LV-426 said:

I'll give it a watch when I get the chance.

I hope you realize I might have to sacrifice one of the Lord of the Rings films though. That's some lengthy viewing! ;)

:D well worth it.

28 minutes ago, seeder said:

I doubt that.... Obama just didnt want the biggest conflict EVER on his hands so was....careful and applied more thought

Trump has just become the 'useful idiot'

some of us saw that one coming

Do not agree on everything you say but this one is spot on my man.

What if all was planned between Putin and Trump to defer their bromans? Conspiracy, I know but what opinion on this is not?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, seeder said:

so far its all a fact, The US and NATO have massed on Russia borders....

it just depends on what you call a mass I guess

and.... Russia HAS now warned the US/Trump

the US wants Assad gone, Russia doesn't want him gone

whats hard to see about this? Or where its leading?

NATO puts 8000 troops on Russia's border and this constitutes a possible invasion?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, seeder said:

the US/Nato has massed troops and equipment on Russia borders

"massed troops"?  Do you mean the 500 soldiers sent to the region?  Or has there been a deployment I've not heard of?  

3 minutes ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

NATO puts 8000 troops on Russia's border and this constitutes a possible invasion?

You have to forgive seeder, bless his heart, he's a bit excitable about the idea that someone may put the smackdown on the US :w00t:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, odas said:

Do not agree on everything you say but this one is spot on my man.

What if all was planned between Putin and Trump to defer their bromans? Conspiracy, I know but what opinion on this is not?

No doubt this this latest attack is scripted but who wrote it ?

The Trump Putin conspiracy thing is just a red herring.

Edited by A rather obscure Bassoon

15 minutes ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

8000? Show me your sources?

BUT...lets say it was just 8000, thats 8000 ON TOP OF the regional armies

Never mind, I looked it up

The map that shows how many Nato troops are deployed along Russia’s border

Thousands of Nato troops have amassed close to the border with Russia as part of the largest build-up of Western troops neighbouring Moscow’s sphere of influence since the Cold War.

The Baltic states, Poland, Romania and Bulgaria are hosting soldiers from across Nato’s 28 member states, with more than 7,000 troops deployed in countries bordering Russia.

The UK is the lead nation in Estonia, where 800 soldiers are based at the Tapa base, about 50 miles from Tallinn, helped by French and Danish forces.

do read
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-nato-border-forces-map-where-are-they-positioned-a7562391.html

Edited by seeder

7 minutes ago, and then said:

You have to forgive seeder, bless his heart, he's a bit excitable about the idea that someone may put the smackdown on the US :w00t:

I politely asked you not to accuse me of such things

Perhaps I shall be less polite in future. You have said similar so often now its starting to seem like you are a one trick pony

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, and then said:

When the day comes that the world accepts that Iran and the Norks have deliverable nukes, I'll share your dread.

Why? What difference will that really make to the balance of power? The only people they could threaten without risking instant and absolute annihilation as a state would be countries at their level of development or behind them. Even then using a nuclear weapon on a non nuclear armed country would probably result in a retaliatory strike which come to the same thing, at the very, very least regime change would be the minimum they could expect. 

The race has moved on too much for anyone else to enter it now and ever hope to compete. 

3 minutes ago, seeder said:

8000? Show me your sources?

BUT...lets say it was just 8000, thats 8000 ON TOP OF the regional armies

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/british-marines-mass-near-russian-9979196

Ok the Source is not the greatest but recent placements of Nato Troops in poland and lithuania do not constitute an Ivasion force local forces or not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/british-marines-mass-near-russian-9979196

Ok the Source is not the greatest but recent placements of Nato Troops in poland and lithuania do not constitute an Invasion force local forces or not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

Ok the Source is not the greatest but recent placements of Nato Troops in poland and lithuania do not constitute an Ivasion force local forces or not.

I added a better link. see my post above again