Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia warns the US of serious consequences

seeder

22 minutes ago, Claire. said:

The allegations of war crimes against him speak for themselves.

allegations mean nothing.

PROOF convicts....not hear-say

Two other attributes compound sarin’s insidiousness. First, it’s not especially hard to produce, in terms of both resources and expertise. “A competent chemist could make it, and possibly very quickly, in a matter of days,” says John Gilbert, a senior science fellow at the Center for Arms Control and Non-Proliferation, who spent much of his Air Force career assessing countries’ WMD capabilities. Producing sarin doesn’t require any kind of massive facility; a roughly 200 square foot room would do. 

Attackers also don’t require much of it to do serious damage. Gilbert estimates that the Khan Sheikun devastation came from roughly 20 liters of sarin. (Remember: At one point Syria had stockpiled nearly 1,300 tons of banned chemical substances.) 

“It would be possible to obtain, retain, or make relatively small amounts of sarin that would be hard to detect, if somebody really didn’t want them detected by an international organization,” says Gilbert.

https://www.wired.com/2017/04/syria-sarin-chemical-weapons-chlorine/

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, seeder said:

you seem to believe a lot of what you read without citing sources

Of course, the election of Trump was rigged too.....

yawn  :sleepy:  is that all you got?

The information provided about the last election in Syria is common knowledge. You've been provided with more than enough sources on everything else. If there's anything else you want to know, look it up yourself. As for continuing a discussion with someone who has shown a marked propensity for sarcasm and patronizing comments, I will no longer engage. If it's an argument you're looking for (and your behavior would indicate as much), I suggest you find someone else to troll.

• Like 2

Lol I'm not worried, I've watched both Red Dawn movies so I know what to do when Russia or North Korea invades the US :)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Claire. said:

The information provided about the last election in Syria is common knowledge. You've been provided with more than enough sources on everything else. If there's anything else you want to know, look it up yourself. As for continuing a discussion with someone who has shown a marked propensity for sarcasm and patronizing comments, I will no longer engage. If it's an argument you're looking for (and your behavior would indicate as much), I suggest you find someone else to troll.

Troll? Ha the words of a person who is losing an argument. Didnt think youd stoop to making insults. You know, that thing which is against the rules... I thought more of you. How can I be a troll in my OWN THREAD? And you no longer willing to engage in this thread is fine with me, you havent exactly bought any illuminating info here so far, which is about Putin warning the US in case you lost sight of that.....despite your forays into other territory like elections

You see Claire, this is why I posted what I did when I said... "we may disagree on certain topics, and be all smiles and laughter on another". I was wise enough to say that. Id hoped youd be wise enough to understand it

so we disagree.... and so what? Thats what discussions are all about. Deal with it

34 minutes ago, Claire. said:

The information provided about the last election in Syria is common knowledge.

NO! Its a common belief amongst those who dont question it....... not common knowledge

A belief along the same lines that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction.....which turned out not to be true

But the IDEA that he had them....perpetrated by some of the press and TV news, was all that was needed to invade the country and kill him

Dont you see that? And that the same old story is being used again?

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

In other news.

Gloves Are for Sissies: Photographs Show White Helmets Are Immune to Sarin

Who needs basic protective gear when dealing with chemical WMDs? The White Helmets have superhuman abilities

One thing everyone can agree on: The White Helmets are so, so brave for rushing to the scene of a "sarin gas attack" on Tuesday without even basic protective gear such as "gloves".

Again, this is because the White Helmets are extremely brave — not because they stage videos.

do read and see pics

http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/gloves-are-sissies-photographs-show-white-helmets-are-immune-sarin/ri19458

Media Goes Quiet as Russia Exposes US Lies at Security Council

Russia just called out the West for using the UN to promote regime change — but no one reported it

Twitter was flooded with commentary about Nikki Haley's call to arms against Russia during the Security Council meeting on Wednesday afternoon. But no one bothered to report what Russia had to say.

Russia's deputy United Nations ambassador Vladimir Safronkov said that the West's "obsession with regime change is what hinders this Security Council."

He noted that for Washington and its partners, "everything is guided by regime change" and allegations that Assad used chemical weapons in an attack in Idlib province on Tuesday are based on "falsified reports from the White Helmets", an organization that has been "discredited long ago".

http://russia-insider.com/en/russia-calls-out-west-guided-regime-change/ri19452

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Oh what, President Trump (who I suppose you're another of the all-of-a-sudden supporters?) would have deterred him from his Vile Outrage in Crimea by attacking him with missiles? Do you think that would have had a good result for humanity? 

By who? The all-of-a-sudden Trump supporters?  

I really don't understand why you've got such a bee up your bottom Manfred, just because a few anti-Trump supporters weren't totally against this missile strike (including myself) btw.

Assad is a wicked and vile human being, who has been responsible for killing his own people before by using these toxic and deadly chemicals. He is also a murderous liar, whom has been known to deny such atrocities. How in the hell he sleeps at night is beyond me...in light of the suffering he has inflicted on his own people.

You know - I'm starting to wonder if you're an Assad sympathiser...because you are certainly coming across that way. Even your own government supported this strike against that vile and cowardly dictator. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, seeder said:

Lets bomb evil Assad ..... and when (the US) kill innocents.... well that doesnt matter

US-led coalition killed more Syrian civilians than Isis or Russia in March, figures show

In the same month, number of deaths from US air strikes across region soars as Russia scales back its operation

More civilians caught up in the Syrian conflict were killed by US-led coalitions than by Isis or Russian-led forces in the last month, according to figures released by a human rights organisation.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/us-coalition-air-strikes-isis-russia-kill-more-civilians-march-middle-east-iraq-syria-network-for-a7663881.html

now why wont the world bomb the USA..... because it kills women and children? Oh yeh I know....they are ONLY Syrian kids and women so it doesnt matter does it?

You do seem to have a downer on the US, don't you Seeder ? 

You don't mention that the article you quoted states that the civilian death toll by the Pro-Assad forces was greater (by a considerable amount)  than that of the Coalition and ISIS combined ? Perhaps THAT is why Assad is regarded as "the problem" ? 

Actually, he wasn't really regarded as "the problem" in recent months, right up to the point where he used Sarin gas against civilians. But that's another story. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, seeder said:

Media Goes Quiet as Russia Exposes US Lies at Security Council

Russia just called out the West for using the UN to promote regime change — but no one reported it

Twitter was flooded with commentary about Nikki Haley's call to arms against Russia during the Security Council meeting on Wednesday afternoon. But no one bothered to report what Russia had to say.

Russia's deputy United Nations ambassador Vladimir Safronkov said that the West's "obsession with regime change is what hinders this Security Council."

He noted that for Washington and its partners, "everything is guided by regime change" and allegations that Assad used chemical weapons in an attack in Idlib province on Tuesday are based on "falsified reports from the White Helmets", an organization that has been "discredited long ago".

http://russia-insider.com/en/russia-calls-out-west-guided-regime-change/ri19452

I notice you didn't make any comment there Seeder, and just posted the quote from the "Russia-Insider" website. 

Well, perhaps the reason that the speech wasn't widely featured was that it didn't contain anything ? The speech tried to deflect criticism of Assad's chemical attack by simply either avoiding it, (lets talk about regime change instead.. or perhaps the weather ? ) or discrediting it as being "falsified reports from the White Helmets". Nice try Vladimir, but it's been verified by many more people, including Medicine Sans Frontiers. The Western Media (along with the UN) are long accustomed to cynical, empty "stalling" speeches from Russian officials. I would suggest that they didn't "fail to report it" because of any bias. They failed to report it because there was nothing to report.

Of course, Russia Calls reported it. But then, they ARE a Moscow-based organisation with a track record of being pro-Russian ? 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I notice you didn't make any comment there Seeder, and just posted the quote from the "Russia-Insider" website. 

Well, perhaps the reason that the speech wasn't widely featured was that it didn't contain anything ? The speech tried to deflect criticism of Assad's chemical attack by simply either avoiding it, (lets talk about regime change instead.. or perhaps the weather ? ) or discrediting it as being "falsified reports from the White Helmets". Nice try Vladimir, but it's been verified by many more people, including Medicine Sans Frontiers. The Western Media (along with the UN) are long accustomed to cynical, empty "stalling" speeches from Russian officials. I would suggest that they didn't "fail to report it" because of any bias. They failed to report it because there was nothing to report.

Of course, Russia Calls reported it. But then, they ARE a Moscow-based organisation with a track record of being pro-Russian ? 

What Russia wants posted Seeder posts.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, seeder said:

As much as I hate to say it.... I think war with the US and Russia is inevitable...at some point. tensions have always existed....and all it needs is the right provocation....well, could this be that provocation.

Sky News is covering a US naval fleet off to North Korea.

If the Chinese get sucked into that then thats WW3.

2 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Sky News is covering a US naval fleet off to North Korea.

If the Chinese get sucked into that then thats WW3.

Putting the ships out there is probably all the message needed.  If it isn't, a few key installations can be taken out and the Chinese make noise but otherwise sit on their hands, and N. Korea is set back a decade and the glorious leader loses so much face he probably doesn't survive.

He might blow up Seoul -- if he is really insane -- and seal his fate.  That would be a terrible thing and is the unlikely but possible risk Trump is taking -- but, consider, Trump can back off before things reach that, although with his own loss of face (but he has the excuse of the danger, which people -- at least me -- would accept.)

1 minute ago, Frank Merton said:

Putting the ships out there is probably all the message needed.  If it isn't, a few key installations can be taken out and the Chinese make noise but otherwise sit on their hands, and N. Korea is set back a decade and the glorious leader loses so much face he probably doesn't survive.

He might blow up Seoul -- if he is really insane -- and seal his fate.  That would be a terrible thing and is the unlikely but possible risk Trump is taking -- but, consider, Trump can back off before things reach that, although with his own loss of face (but he has the excuse of the danger, which people -- at least me -- would accept.)

Or maybe the Russians get their revenge over Ukraine and Syria by giving the North Koreans the coordinates of the naval fleet so they can nuke it.

Just now, RabidMongoose said:

Or maybe the Russians get their revenge over Ukraine and Syria by giving the North Koreans the coordinates of the naval fleet so they can nuke it.

Somehow I suspect the Naval fleet has the capability of defending itself against anything the N. Koreans might have.  Large cities are much easier.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

What Russia wants posted Seeder posts.

thats unusual to get a little dig from you Frank!  But heres the real reason I post news from Russia, ABOUT Russia..... so that people can have both sides of the argument presented fairly

If the news sources were only American then that will be a very biased point of view, wouldn't it? A bit like having a famous white chef cook Cambodian food... and then telling the rest of the world how to do it....like he is the only expert on the subject. If that were the case Im sure the local Cambodians would get frustrated with the LACK of actual knowledge and skill that the chef has about their food and culture, and theyd prefer a Cambodian chef to tell the world about Cambodian food

Of course I use cambodia here as the metaphor as thats something based on your location Im hoping you understand.  There is NO WAY on Earth that I will take my news from one or two western sources and accept that as the ultimate truth

But many here.....do exactly that. Perhaps thats just what you do too

A long time ago when I  used to be a serial debunker on the UFO section, people appreciated my debunks, the way in which id discover the truth by actually sifting thru the various stories and scrutinising all the info

Im doing just the same thing on other topics, incl this one..... looking for alternative news and explanations rather than just believe one side of the story. I consider that a balanced thing to do

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

here we go

Russia and Iran warn US they will 'respond with force' if red lines crossed in Syria again

Threat comes after UK Defence Secretary demands Vladimir Putin rein in President Bashar al-Assad

Russia and Iran have warned the US they will “respond with force” if their own “red lines” are crossed in Syria.

Following Friday’s cruise missile strike on a Syrian airbase, in retaliation for the chemical attack on Khan Sheikhoun earlier in the week, the alliance supporting Syrian President Bashar al-Assad made a joint statement threatening action in response to “any breach of red lines from whoever it is”.

“What America waged in an aggression on Syria is a crossing of red lines. From now on we will respond with force to any aggressor or any breach of red lines from whoever it is and America knows our ability to respond well,” the group’s joint command centre said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/russia-iran-us-america-syria-red-lines-respond-with-force-aggressor-air-strikes-war-latest-a7675031.html

• Like 1

Once more, you have posted a news article without any comment, Seeder. Isn't that a breach of copyright ? (because it is no longer considered 'fair useage' ? ). 

Notwithstanding, could you advice me precisely NOW such noble allies as Russia and Iran could "respond" to any more "red lines" ? 

What are they going to do ? Shoot Tomahawk missiles out of the air ? (beyond their capabilities). Attack the US ships launching them ?

The whole thing is complete empty bluster. I expect this from the Iranians, but the Russians ? Putin is looking more and more ridiculous. 

• Like 2

A few years ago or last year Russia said they might be willing to encourage Assad to resign but by force. So its not the main powers from the west too.

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Once more, you have posted a news article without any comment, Seeder. Isn't that a breach of copyright ? (because it is no longer considered 'fair useage' ? ). 

Notwithstanding, could you advice me precisely NOW such noble allies as Russia and Iran could "respond" to any more "red lines" ? 

What are they going to do ? Shoot Tomahawk missiles out of the air ? (beyond their capabilities). Attack the US ships launching them ?

The whole thing is complete empty bluster. I expect this from the Iranians, but the Russians ? Putin is looking more and more ridiculous. 

Cyber attack will be my guess

34 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Once more, you have posted a news article without any comment, Seeder. Isn't that a breach of copyright ?

what? Which article? 

48 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Once more, you have posted a news article without any comment, Seeder.

youre on this thread right now.... why take so long to reply?  Having doubts about your foolish statement?

clearly Roof Gardner hasnt got it in him to take me on or bother replying

Mind you that may be the wisest choice he makes, before I run circles around him

The above posts have got to be the most bizarre I've ever read in a forum. I had closed my browser long before you 'responded'; are you familiar with the term "session timeout" ? 

To answer your "question", the most recent post in question is #118. Now, are you able to address the question that I posed you ? (in regard Russia's response ?)

• Like 3