Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Palm Sunday church bombings kill at least 36

Still Waters

Two blasts targeting Coptic Christians in Egypt on Palm Sunday have killed at least 36 people, officials say.

In Alexandria, an explosion outside St Mark's Coptic church killed 11 people. Pope Tawadros II, head of the Coptic Church, had been attending Mass inside and was unhurt, state media reported.

An earlier blast at St George's Coptic church in Tanta killed 25 people.

So-called Islamic State (IS) says it is behind the explosions. The group has targeted Copts in Egypt recently.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-39544451

• Like 3

After these (and other) recent attacks, Egypt's Christian minority has every reason to be fearful. And it's not just ISIS who's targeting them. It was reported by Reuters that Copts also face regular attacks by Muslim neighbors, who burn their homes and churches in poor rural areas. It's a situation that worsens by the day, and from what I gather from various reports, little is being done by way of security for these people.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Claire. said:

After these (and other) recent attacks, Egypt's Christian minority has every reason to be fearful. And it's not just ISIS who's targeting them. It was reported by Reuters that Copts also face regular attacks by Muslim neighbors, who burn their homes and churches in poor rural areas. It's a situation that worsens by the day, and from what I gather from various reports, little is being done by way of security for these people.

I hope the new president will exert some pressure in this matter.  People who support Islam and make excuses for such atrocities have blood on their hands as well.  And they really don't seem to see it or care.  A day is coming when all that is done in secret will be known in public and judgment will be passed on it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, and then said:

I hope the new president will exert some pressure in this matter.  People who support Islam and make excuses for such atrocities have blood on their hands as well.  And they really don't seem to see it or care.  A day is coming when all that is done in secret will be known in public and judgment will be passed on it.

I'm am apatheist. I don't care about my own religion., I do support the rights of others to freely practice theirs however.

I'll support or deny anyone from any religion. because they are equally good, or bad.

It's not the tenet of the soul that counts, it's the tenet of the heart.

There are no 'white hats' or 'black hats' as far as I'm concerned. Equally to be commended, or to be condemned. That depends on that person's actions.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

I'm am apatheist. I don't care about my own religion., I do support the rights of others to freely practice theirs however.

I'll support or deny anyone from any religion. because they are equally good, or bad.

It's not the tenet of the soul that counts, it's the tenet of the heart.

There are no 'white hats' or 'black hats' as far as I'm concerned. Equally to be commended, or to be condemned. That depends on that person's actions.

That's fine, your choice.  The problem in the world today is that too few seem to understand that the nature of Islam is far more extensive than just "religion".  People who use the religion to excuse horrific acts and those who support them, are evil.

• Like 1