Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

North Korea says prepare for 'big' event

seeder

1 minute ago, Why not said:

The US military would level the area before "Chunk" could ever light the fuse.

Do you know Nth Korea is attached to China? And that its NOT very big?  US Nukes would kill most civilians in Nth Korea and lots in Sth korea, and maybe lots of Chinese too...so its hardly likely the US would nuke them

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/maps/asia/north-korea/

map_of_north-korea.jpg

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, seeder said:

If I throw a brick at you..... it either smashes you in the head.... or it doesnt

download_34.jpg

Sorry, couldn't help myself :D

• Like 6

If there was hostilities, South Korea, China and perhaps Russia would carve the place up like a roast.  China isn't about to destroy their lucrative economic relationship with the States over the little megalomaniac, but would enter the Northern part of the country to "restore order" and pull their little pet Despot's teeth, personally.

• Like 3

This is the Korean peninsula at night from orbit. As you see, it only has a handful of urban centers and not much infrastructure to destroy. The place is indeed a blighted backwater ruled from a city-state.                              ew120106xLARGE.jpg                                 

• Like 6

I have to agree, if Lil' Kim gets too far out of control China will most likely be the one to do him in. I highly suspect the 'great leader' knows this and that's why his brother was assassinated a few months back....he didn't want an easy replacement available for China.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, seeder said:

Do you know Nth Korea is attached to China? And that its NOT very big?  US Nukes would kill most civilians in Nth Korea and lots in Sth korea, and maybe lots of Chinese too...so its hardly likely the US would nuke them

map_of_north-korea.jpg

Seeder, I'm not saying we should or would Nuke NK, but if our intelligence found little Kim trying to put a H bomb on top of a rocket, the US would level the launch area (conventional weapons) and probably all the other known nuclear sites known.

I'm not at all suggesting using any fission or thermonuclear  bombs unless absolutely necessary. 

Edited by Why not
For the hell of it
  • Like 3

A Visual Guide To North Korea's Military Capabilities

With the North Korean "problem" front in center for the Trump administration, especially after Sunday's failed ballistic missile launch prompting Trump's top security advisor, Lt. Gen HR McMaster to "work with China on a range of options" to respond to the North Korean provocation, here are several charts and infographics summarizing North Korea's conventional and nuclear potential, as well as its short and long-range military options.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-16/visual-guide-north-koreas-military-capabilities

13 hours ago, seeder said:

map_of_north-korea.jpg

The Chinese North Korean border is about 880 miles long and North Korea has a total land area of 46,584 square miles.  The largest nuclear bomb currently in the US arsenal is the B83, which has an air last radius of 4.64 miles and a thermal radiation radius of 8.2 miles.

https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

Sites pretty good with accurate blast radius of various nuclear bombs to get an idea of just how much destruction would be done.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, seeder said:

map_of_north-korea.jpg

seeder, we don't NEED to use nukes.  His first warning would be the lights and computers going out.  Then, LOTS of explosions.  As his AAA was neutralized by cruise missiles, REALLY big bombs would start hitting his C&C nodes and his communications would begin to fail.  The Norks would be hit by a veritable conflagration.  A firestorm like a hurricane.  Remember, it wouldn't just be US firepower from 28000 troops and their land based air support.  There would be missiles from subs and ships at sea and in case you weren't aware, the ROK has one hell of a well trained and supplied army/air force as well.  Those thousands of Nork artillery tubes would be killing citizens of Seoul but they'd also be getting plastered by tubes from the south side of the DMZ.  No, the north would have no chance to do anything but die and take many thousands of their countrymen to the south with them.  Fat boy may not understand this reality but you can BET that China does.  If this thing starts to go hot, they'll jump him and put him down like a pitbull that bit his owner.  No offense meant to pit bulls.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, and then said:

... Fat boy may not understand this reality but you can BET that China does.  If this thing starts to go hot, they'll jump him and put him down like a pitbull that bit his owner.  No offense meant to pit bulls.

I agree, China doesn't want that scenario and they will 'put down' Lil' Kim if he goes nutty (err...nuttier than he already is).

• Like 3

3 hours ago, and then said:

seeder, we don't NEED to use nukes. 

Granted. My words were a reply to someone else who talked or hinted of that....see post 126...top of page

After these snippets...do read the full article

The military option - an attack on North Korean nuclear installations - was considered by previous presidents and ruled out because half the population of South Korea lives in the greater Seoul area, which is within easy range of North Korean artillery. That remains true.

Decapitation - the assassination of Kim Jong-un - has also not happened for a variety of reasons: success couldn't be guaranteed, and it isn't clear what orders the military might have to retaliate against South Korea if the north's "supreme leader" were attacked. That hasn't changed.

and

The nightmare scenario now would be: "The United States delivers an ultimatum to North Korea, insisting it renounces its nuclear weapons.

"The half-crazed regime in the capital, Pyongyang, refuses.

"US aircraft and missiles strike at Kim Jong-Un's nuclear facilities.

"North Korea's neighbour and ally, China, responds by hitting carriers of the US Seventh Fleet in the Pacific.

"Suddenly, a major war erupts."

and

But there is a more peaceful scenario, suggested by some experts in South Korea.

Prof John Delury, of Yonsei University, in Seoul, says: "The smart play for Mr Trump would be to return to those five wise words he said about Mr Kim on the campaign trail, 'I would speak to him.'

"The United States should swiftly negotiate a bilateral deal that freezes Mr Kim's nuclear and missile programme."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-39632152

20 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

This is the Korean peninsula at night from orbit. As you see, it only has a handful of urban centers and not much infrastructure to destroy. The place is indeed a blighted backwater ruled from a city-state.                              ew120106xLARGE.jpg                                 

so because the North shuts down or limits the power at night....you THINK what you see in a dark map of the 2 Koreas.... means hardly anything exists in the North?

OK!! 

15. Electric power largely shuts down at night, and the homes that have electricity often receive only a few hours per day.

20 facts about North Korea

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/04/13/north-korea-factoids/2078831/

An Astronaut's View of the North Korean Electricity Black Hole

Power cuts make the dictatorship virtually disappear at night.

http://www.citylab.com/work/2014/02/north-korea-night-looks-big-black-hole/8484/

10 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

The Chinese North Korean border is about 880 miles long and North Korea has a total land area of 46,584 square miles.  The largest nuclear bomb currently in the US arsenal is the B83, which has an air last radius of 4.64 miles and a thermal radiation radius of 8.2 miles.

https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

Sites pretty good with accurate blast radius of various nuclear bombs to get an idea of just how much destruction would be done.

Aha I see!  So theres no contamination of the atmosphere with nuke fallout?  The nuke just destroys stuff for a few miles and thats it?  Thank the lord!!!!  

do read

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_fallout

Edited by seeder

1 hour ago, seeder said:

so because the North shuts down or limits the power at night....you THINK what you see in a dark map of the 2 Koreas.... means hardly anything exists in the North?

OK!! 

I was already aware of the reason and the history behind the power shortages in NK.

To me - showing the darkness (black hole) of the country compared to those countries that bare spangling lights at night, which are seen from space. Well, I find it ironic.. as it seems fitting for a place like NK....that symbolises (to me anyway) the already negative, and dark side of this bizarre and extremely hostile nation.

I have read, that the millions of people who unfortunately live there, go to bed early every night after sunset, as there is nothing else to do. How depressing would that be ?...on the other hand tho - I guess they don't know any better.

There are some good documentaries, that show some of the inner workings of this weird nation by Western reporters, that were able (or should I say allowed to) film some of their ways of life.

Even under the guise of the countries staged and setup propaganda for Western film makers (the so called good stuff)...one could still see the chronically oppressive regime in which the people there live under. It's truly mind boggling.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, seeder said:

Aha I see!  So theres no contamination of the atmosphere with nuke fallout?  The nuke just destroys stuff for a few miles and thats it?  Thank the lord!!!!  

do read

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_fallout

It does help if you would read the material before linking to it cause if you did you would of seen how irrational and uninformed your comment on radiation actually is.

First off their is the seven ten rule, which is on the page you linked to, which I guess you didn't bother actually reading.  Basically nuclear fallout only last for a really short amount of time due to radioactive decay.  After 7 hours the radiation from fallout will be about a tenth at it was at detonation, after 49 hours about a hundredth, after 343 hours (approximately 2 week) it would be a thousandth of the radiation at detonation and it continues with that pattern.  

Second if you would of read into long term effects you would of found out that the long term effects of nuclear fallout are essentially zero.  There is an increase in levels of certain radioactive compounds in people but if you double or triple an unimaginably small number it remains an unimaginably small number but it tends to grab media attention when you can say the levels increased 200% or 300%.  Does it increase your risk of getting cancer one day, it does but it increases it far less then flying on a plane for a few hours.  People tend not to be good with really big and really small numbers, it messes with their idea of scale.

Short term the only people truly at danger of radiation from the fallout are those in the immediate area, generally those who survived the initial blast and those just right outside the blast radius.  Fallout from a nuclear blast generally tends to fall pretty quickly after a blast as it is generally precipitated out of the atmosphere as a black rain.  Given that about for every 500 feet of air radiation gets halved then a miles from the blast would be reduced to about a thousandth of what it was initially.  For the people at the blast site who survived the initial blast as long as they wouldn't try to leave from cover or got to cover within a few minutes they would be fine.  For every 2.4 inches of concrete radiation gets halved and for 3.6 inches of packed earth radiation get halved, basically as long as people stayed in the basements or in standing concrete buildings for about two days they would all survive the radioactive fallout.  

Even with your completely unfounded idea that nuclear weapons contaminate the atmosphere, which they don't at all, but lets just assume that a nuclear weapon would spread lethal amounts of radioactive fallout over a wide area.  Given the wind patterns of Korea there is a very high chance it would blow the radioactive fallout over the ocean away from where people live.

You really need to stop believing the entertainment narrative of how radioactive fallout works, radiation and radioactive fallout doesn't work like it does in the fallout games or in apocalyptic movies, and actually read the stuff you link to so it doesn't keep getting used against you.  It really hurts your argument that something is dangerous when what you link to says the danger is minimal to nonexistent.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, seeder said:

OK!! 

Yeah, compared to the south the north is. pitiful                  http://archive.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/09/recent_scenes_from_north_korea.html                           

• Like 2

2 hours ago, seeder said:

Granted. My words were a reply to someone else who talked or hinted of that....see post 126...top of page

After these snippets...do read the full article

I don't believe I ever "talked or hinted" about using Nukes on NK. I think you just interpreted it that way.

A place can always be leveled with conventional weapons.

• Like 1

How many Nukes were tested in New Mexico lol  Give in the bombs today are bigger but stil. Oh and Navada. Did those bombs kill people in Reno, nope.

Edited by The Silver Thong

1 hour ago, Why not said:

I don't believe I ever "talked or hinted" about using Nukes on NK. I think you just interpreted it that way.

A place can always be leveled with conventional weapons.

The U.S. just droped the largest none nuclear weapon and I think it did nothing. Smashing some caves lol

On 4/12/2017 at 10:58 PM, Timonthy said:

I know what we're like here on UM, but I don't think we should speak about this too loosely.

The people are executed/starved/tortured/put in prison camps/sentenced to hard labour until they die and worse etc. The general population on North Korea is who we should be worrying about. Try to escape and your whole family may be killed. 

I wish that there was a quick and easy way to liberate the people.

Yes it's a big deal at this time, and Trump fronting up to DPRK, with China also on the side, is a big issue. But observing what's happening shouldn't be a novelty to anyone.

About that, some people are actually  complaining that President Trump reneged on his word about listing China as currency manipulators . It's like they are not  paying attention to what's actually going on in the world.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Silver Thong said:

How many Nukes were tested in New Mexico lol  Give in the bombs today are bigger but stil. Oh and Navada. Did those bombs kill people in Reno, nope.

You need to read more

Downwinders refers to the individuals and communities in the intermountain area between the Cascade and Rocky Mountain ranges primarily in Arizona, Nevada and Utah but also in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho who are exposed to radioactive contamination or nuclear fallout from atmospheric or underground nuclear weapons testing, and nuclear accidents.[1][2]

More generally, the term can also include those communities and individuals who are exposed to ionizing radiation and other emissions due to the regular production and maintenance of coal ash, radionuclides associated with hydraulic fracturing, nuclear weapons, nuclear power, nuclear waste and geothermal energy.[3] In regions near U.S. nuclear sites, downwinders may be exposed to releases of radioactive materials into the environment that contaminate their groundwater systems, food chains, and the air they breathe. Some downwinders may have suffered acute exposure due to their involvement in uranium mining and nuclear experimentation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downwinders

9 hours ago, The Silver Thong said:

Nuclear test fall-out killed thousands in US

Radioactive fall-out from the world’s nuclear weapons tests during the Cold War has killed 11,000 Americans with cancer, according to a new report by US scientists. Experts say that many thousands more are likely to have died in other countries.

The report, prepared by the US Department of Health and Human Services (DHSS) for Congress, is the first attempt to estimate the total number of cancers caused by the atmospheric testing programme. Between 1951 and 1963, 390 nuclear bombs were exploded above the ground, 205 by the US, 160 by the former Soviet Union, 21 by Britain and four by France.

The fall-out from these explosions circulated the globe and exposed the world’s population to radioactivity. Scientists have long assumed that this would result in extra cancers, but until now no government has tried to estimate how many.

The new report concludes that the number of fatal cancers attributable to global fall-out amongst Americans alive between 1951 and 2000 is 11,000. This includes deaths from leukaemia caused by exposure to strontium 90 and from a host of other cancers triggered by other isotopes.

The estimate of 11,000 fatal cancers also does not include internal radiation exposure caused by the breathing in or swallowing of radioactive particles. Because of this, the Institute for Energy and Environmental Research, in Takoma Park, Maryland, argues that the actual number of fatal cancers could be 17,000.

The US evidence is likely to provoke demands for other countries to face up to the death toll from nuclear tests. “It’s a horrific legacy,” says Sue Roff, a radiation researcher from the University of Dundee medical school. “The complacency of governments about acceptable levels of environmental radioactivity has been punctured by this authoritative report.”

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn1993-nuclear-test-fall-out-killed-thousands-in-us/

Nevada Test Site, USA

Nuclear weapons test site

More than 1,000 nuclear detonations at the Nevada Test Site between 1951 and 1992 dispersed massive amounts of radioactive particles across the Earth, leading to wide-spread contamination and exposing the world’s entire population to dangerous radioisotopes.

http://www.nuclear-risks.org/en/hibakusha-worldwide/nevada-test-site.html

6 hours ago, seeder said:

I was being sarcastic.  Yes many people were infected with radiation but will the goverment admit it.

22 hours ago, seeder said:

"The United States should swiftly negotiate a bilateral deal that freezes Mr Kim's nuclear and missile programme."

Like Bill Clinton?  Hardly.  Kim needs to understand that his antics just won't work any longer and eventually he might ask for a real negotiation, but I doubt it.  He is convinced, apparently, that the only way he, personally, survives this is to keep building and refining nukes and delivery systems so that he can continue to extort the West.  At some point, it's just going to be a bad day to be a north or south Korean.  Hopefully, China will pop his grape for us and we can turn the page.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Silver Thong said:

DO NOT......EVER...... MISQUOTE ME

Got that?  You really p***ed me off with that