Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

North Korea says prepare for 'big' event

seeder

1 hour ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

I believe Xi just just suspended fat boys coal supplies for the rest of the year and Beijing looks to be growing weary of the little meglomaniac.

Wasnt that last month?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

NK is about to treat us to a nuke demonstration?

4 hours ago, Lilly said:

It's Lil' Kim's B-Day soon and I suspect they're planning something big (and not at all good) for the celebration.

Tomorrow is the first point to watch:

North Koreans set to celebrate leader amid tensions

"Saturday marks the 105th anniversary of the birth of North Korea's long-dead founding president Kim Il-sung, although according to the country's constitution he remains formally in office."

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lilly said:

And just who has Trump been meeting with lately? Hint: it's not the President of La-La land.

Just to get you on record, Lily. You really think that China is going to allow the U.S. to bomb North Korea?

38 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Just to get you on record, Lily. You really think that China is going to allow the U.S. to bomb North Korea?

I never said that. I said that if N Korea lobbed a nuclear missile at another nation or at a US base then we would not just sit on our hands. Keep in mind, China doesn't dictate what the US would do in such a situation. Quite frankly, I think that if Kim Jung Un pulled something that idiotic China itself might be the one to take him out.

• Like 5

He knows he can't win but it would be an unimaginable humiliation for him to back down: In a deadly game of dare, Kim Jong-un will take the suicide option, says MARK ALMOND

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-4413342/In-deadly-game-dare-Kim-Jong-suicide.html#ixzz4eHEGBBPf

• Like 2

‘We will pulverize the headquarters of evil and ruthlessly ravage US troops’: North Korea makes menacing boast it will take on Donald Trump with ‘merciless’ strikes on South Korea and US bases as China warns of 'war at any moment'

Vice Minister Han Song Ryol accused Trump of building up a 'vicious cycle' of tensions on the Korean Peninsula and pointed to his 'aggressive tweets'
    The military said it would target US bases and 'headquarters of evils' including the South Korean presidential Blue House if it was attacked
    Han blamed the US and Trump for growing tensions, citing military exercises with South Korea and the deployment of a US aircraft carrier to the peninsula
    Han ominously warned the US the state would 'go to war if they choose' and vowed to continue accumulating nuclear arms
    Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said anyone provoking conflict would 'pay the price'
    Pyongyang is preparing to mark its national 'Day of the Sun' tomorrow to commemorate the birth anniversary of its founding president Kim Il Sung
    US officials told NBC the US was prepared to launch a pre-emptive strike to halt a nuclear test, but a member of the Trump administration denied the report
    US Vice President Mike Pence will travel to South Korea on Sunday in what his aides said was a sign of the U.S. commitment to its ally

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4411108/North-Korea-hits-Trump-ahead-Day-Sun.html#ixzz4eHF9gXaW

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

I never said that. I said that if N Korea lobbed a nuclear missile at another nation or at a US base then we would not just sit on our hands. Keep in mind, China doesn't dictate what the US would do in such a situation. Quite frankly, I think that if Kim Jung Un pulled something that idiotic China itself might be the one to take him out.

If ? There is no reason for the North Koreans to use nuclear weapons, period, IMO unless they are attacked. China will not allow it. China might allow the Americans to shoot down a test missile if its heading towards America BUT i doubt that the Chinese have given Trump the green light to destroy nuclear weapons and facilities in North Korea much less regime change.

• Like 2

Sometimes sleeping dogs need being left alone, but if they are known to be rabid, they need shooting.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

If ? There is no reason for the North Koreans to use nuclear weapons, period, IMO unless they are attacked. China will not allow it. China might allow the Americans to shoot down a test missile if its heading towards America BUT i doubt that the Chinese have given Trump the green light to destroy nuclear weapons and facilities in North Korea much less regime change.

For the life of me I can't see a rational purpose in developing nuclear weapons and the means to deliver them.  It is only inviting destruction, and would have the opposite effect of any deterrence.  The human cost worries me a lot.  

If they would just shut up and go about development, even if brutal, the rest of the world would ignore them (as it does with states like Uzbekistan.  No one is on any campaign to remove all corrupt brutal dictatorships -- just the ones trying to expand or threatening others.

• Like 4

China Warns of ‘Storm Clouds Gathering’ in U.S.-North Korea Standoff

HONG KONG — China warned on Friday that tensions on the Korean Peninsula could spin out of control, as North Korea said it could test a nuclear weapon at any time and a United States naval group neared the peninsula — an American effort to sow doubt in Pyongyang over how President Trump might respond.

“The United States and South Korea and North Korea are engaging in tit for tat, with swords drawn and bows bent, and there have been storm clouds gathering,” China’s foreign minister, Wang Yi, said in Beijing, according to Xinhua, the state news agency.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/14/world/asia/north-korea-china-nuclear.html?_r=0

BBC TV news is running the Nth Korea situation every hour now....

click the link below....then click on the article headline for full story

BREAKING: North Korean troops storm Pyongyang as 'Day of the Sun' celebrations begin

NORTH Korea has flexed its military muscle in the face of escalating tensions with the US by assembling thousands of troops in the capital of Pyongyang

http://news.dailymetro.bplaced.com/news/breaking-north-korean-troops-storm-pyongyang-as-day-of-the-sun-celebrations-begin

• Like 2

I think if I were running a country there would be no statues or monuments, no parades and government rituals, no pictures of people on currency or stamps, and so on.  The more of this sort of stuff there is the less secure the government thinks it is.

In Vietnam Ho Chi Minh ("Uncle Ho") is an object of widespread ridicule.  At least they stick to him and don't glorify current leaders.

Edited by Frank Merton
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

If ? There is no reason for the North Koreans to use nuclear weapons, period, IMO unless they are attacked.

Yes, and the world knows there is no reason for this dangerous little twerp to be using nuclear weapons, hence why the US and other countries are waiting to see what he may do. He has no intentions of stopping his obsession with nuclear weapons. IMO...if he so much as fires a cracker off...he will be dealt with swiftly....and rightly so.

12 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

China might allow the Americans to shoot down a test missile if its heading towards America BUT i doubt that the Chinese have given Trump the green light to destroy nuclear weapons and facilities in North Korea much less regime change.

From what I gather, Trump has basically said that if China doesn't finally take control of him...then he will. I don't even like Trump, but I'll back him on this.

The world is fed up with this crazy person and rogue country, that continue's to flaunt these nuclear threats in the face of other nations.

If it means taking some action to finally stop the warmongering cycle that has been run by oppressive dictators for decades.....then so be it. 

• Like 5

for anyone who doesnt have the news on...... so far the news is just showing a military parade with vids/pics of missiles on trucks in the main square....and other military hardware..... so far it just looks like a parade...

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, seeder said:

for anyone who doesnt have the news on...... so far the news is just showing a military parade with vids/pics of missiles on trucks in the main square....and other military hardware..... so far it just looks like a parade...

We are watching it now, with precision marching and formations.

A continuing parade of missiles and launchers that could be fired from ground or sea-based assets.

What's next? Parking submarines off the coast of California with nuclear capabilities?

• Like 3

tx seeder I wish I could reach over and give you a big smackerooo.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPDATE: a kiss

• Like 3

A couple of reports I've read said the "big event" was apparently the ribbon cutting of the new skyscraper.

• Like 4

well now that's a downer

party pooper

/sarcasm

oh , we are alive in here hahahahahhaha! so love this site on the rock!

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

Sometimes sleeping dogs need being left alone, but if they are known to be rabid, they need shooting.

That could be read either of two ways Frank

Not sure what you mean..

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:
3 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

That could be read either of two ways Frank

wow  ..... needs to be , well instead of Modern Proverbs which I was to publish but pinot intervened, a book of DIVISIVE ! if there is a word.

NOOOO not Derision as I've seen from off the wall comedy hour tripe areas.

Edited by MWoo7

The possession of nuclear weapons increases the chances that it will be attacked.  Why does it have them?  Well to attack us -- we had better act first.

The brainlessness of those who constantly parrot a Communist line is hard to fathom.  It must be some mental problem to always excuse the brutal and bad behavior of dictators. 

• Like 2

I suppose they could be used for blackmail, as in a third rate superhero movie.  Send us gazillions of bars of gold or we end the world sort of thing -- does that make sense?  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Michelle said:

A couple of reports I've read said the "big event" was apparently the ribbon cutting of the new skyscraper.

I wonder if China told Lil' Kim to 'cool it' or else? So instead of a nuclear test we got a ribbon cutting?

I can't help but see the bitter irony of a skyscraper surrounded by starving multitudes, while in a secure location the 'Dear Leader' fills his face with cheese.

• Like 2

North Korea 'ready for nuclear attack' amid show of force

North Korea has warned the US not to take provocative action in the region, saying it is "ready to hit back with nuclear attacks".

The comments came as North Korea marked the 105th anniversary of the birth of its founding president, Kim Il-sung.

A huge parade in Pyongyang was held amid speculation current leader Kim Jong-un could order a new nuclear test.

Among the hardware on display appeared to be new intercontinental and submarine-launched ballistic missiles.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-39604361