Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious dog

UM-Bot

By: Kiki | Location: Utah

I'm sorry if I seem a little off, this last happening has me on edge with very little sleep lately. So a little background - I am 21 yrs old and recently married, my wife and I live in a manufactured home park with my parents. We are currently in the process of moving but that's beside the point. My entire life I have been around paranormal happenings and have countless stories to tell. But this most recent one happened about a week ago and I am usually not worried but this is the first time my wife saw it too. 

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/111831/mysterious-dog

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

Such things are not all that shocking to me having been into this stuff for awhile. My first question would be if a dog such as the one you saw happened to live in that home before your family. You probably don't know.

I am more of a believer type on this forum. Most here are non-believers; the minute they hear sleep it will be written of as a hypnogogic  something or other. Two of you, then suggestive hypnogogic something or other by your wife. And the dog is just a dog riled by an animal outside....

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1

UM-Bot, you are a Sensitive as am I. Such mysteries are drawn to you. If your wife doesn't already know, please attempt to gently explain this to her in order for her to understand that many people are. It's nothing to fear. As papageorge1 said,  perhaps it's the spirit of a dog who used to live there and doesn't realize that it's dead. It may see you as an unknown tresspasser. As for the thick, heavy air, I suspect that there's some strong energy around. Do whatever feels Sacred to you; such as prayer and meditation. Ask Creator to help you to understand and give you peace. If I bring up such things, most would call me weird, craZy, and tell me that I'm imagining it. That's extremely humiliating. So I tend to keep such things to myself until I'm certain of what has or is occurring. Then I only share with my family who are also gifted. I was ridiculed only by one member when I too was perplexed by an experience. I'd also purchase some sage wands for smudging as the smoke cleanses energy. If there are too many smoke detectors, purchase holy oil and make a sacred symbol on each corner of the bedroom and around windows, doorways, and closets. Most likely the corners of the bed and on the floor where your dog sleeps. I'm so sorry that you are suffering! Feel free to communicate with me anytime! Good luck and be blessed dear!

• 4 months later...

I completely agree with the previous comments that it could be the ghost of a dog that lived there before, but being as you are susceptible to paranormal happenings, I would not rule out another option. Throughout history, spectral dogs have been recorded in many cultures as omens, apparitions, or just plain scary things. You don't have to dive deep into Cryptozoology to find something about a hellhound. Since you seem to be sensitive, I wouldn't find it a stretch to find that there is some sort of spectral dog that could possibly have attached itself to you instead of haunting the house. Black dogs have long been associated with hell and death through the British Isles. I am no interpreter of visions or apparitions, but I just thought that I could give another option for you to research. All the best with your ghost pup.

Creepy. Gave me the chills.

Sightings of strange dogs, especially at night, and usually black dogs, are often considered forewarning of a family death. Often a grandparent that was very close.