Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is North Korea really a problem?

imrunningthismonkeyfarm

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

First you believe everything you read and then weave your fanciful  interpretations as though they were facts. You then adjust your fiction to fit whatever situation happens to arise. There's no substance to it at all. It's all in your head and you and those like you babble on, hysterically, sparring with ghosts and shadows. 

I do admit to being flexible in my belief in the possibility of conspiracies existing, however some of "those like me" have actually experienced hings first hand which were considered "conspiracy theory" . That really tends to open ones eyes to the possibilities ;) 

But no I dont believe everything I read. nice try though 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

Just now, bee said:

strictly speaking, without the nuclear warhead, this just shows the ICBM capability - but I won't get into all that again :) 

aaaanyway - with or without a war head I'm sure the demo will engender multiple  wargasms** across the globe -

**   new word - - :innocent: - - 

OMG That is GENIUS I hope you dont mind if I appropriate that one!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I do admit to being flexible in my belief in the possibility of conspiracies existing, however some of "those like me" have actually experienced hings first hand which were considered "conspiracy theory" . That really tends to open ones eyes to the possibilities ;) 

But no I dont believe everything I read. nice try though 

I don't either, especially in these forums. 

Only the child-minded see anything "childish" about war--it's a deadly serious business. Sadly, the only way to avoid one is to always be prepared to fight one. 

• Like 2

I don't either, especially in these forums. 

Only the child-minded see anything "childish" about war--it's a deadly serious business. Sadly, the only way to avoid one is to always be prepared to fight one. 

IDK man, I can tell you from personal experience there are powerful, well placed, grown ass men who are basically giant children with large amounts of money to spend who view war as nothing more than an exciting game and money making enterprise. Does that mean everyone making decisions are on the same plane as the group i fell in with? Of course not but I do look at every decision this nation makes as if it went through those people because the reality is it might have. 

Combine my personal experience with the knowledge of the fact that our nation is basically ran by lobbyists and I just have a hard time trusting the official narrative. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

IDK man, I can tell you from personal experience there are powerful, well placed, grown ass men who are basically giant children with large amounts of money to spend who view war as nothing more than an exciting game and money making enterprise. Does that mean everyone making decisions are on the same plane as the group i fell in with? Of course not but I do look at every decision this nation makes as if it went through those people because the reality is it might have. 

Combine my personal experience with the knowledge of the fact that our nation is basically ran by lobbyists and I just have a hard time trusting the official narrative. 

Trump is surrounded by military men, not politicians and the threat assessment may be so grave, we have no choice but to act. Airliners crashing into buildings are tinker toys compared to what Little Fatty is capable of. I'd hate to lose L.A. because we were too timorous to do the necessary thing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Merc14 said:

I have never seen anything that indicates a nuclear program in Saudi Arabia.  Most of their weapons are American and the US is thoroughly involved in that not happening so you need to start providing evidence for your claims or admit you are 100%  wrong and apologize.  

BTW, we are very close to Saudi Arabia and Israel allying against their mutual existential threat.  

Not in it but what about this?

Saudi Arabia has invested in Pakistani nuclear weapons projects, and believes it could obtain atomic bombs at will, a variety of sources have told BBC Newsnight.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-24823846

• Like 2

Just now, Farmer77 said:

OMG That is GENIUS I hope you dont mind if I appropriate that one!!!!!!!!

feel free to use it as much as you want - :D -

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ellapennella said:

Not in it but what about this?

Saudi Arabia has invested in Pakistani nuclear weapons projects, and believes it could obtain atomic bombs at will, a variety of sources have told BBC Newsnight.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-24823846

Yes, Islam already has the bomb.

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Im in no way saying NK is anything other than an evil dictatorship.

Just that they always have been and . their recent rhetoric has been about their ability to defend themselves against a madman (which most folks do view trump as) makes the US's position here appear to be much more about trump trying to gain percentage points in approval polls than anything else. 

When CNN is supporting trump you know the fix is in. ;)

North Korea was threatening even before Trump was president and they were the ones who walked away from negotiations when America and other 5 nations offered friendly terms for giving up nukes

• Like 2

Just now, kartikg said:

North Korea was threatening even before Trump was president and they were the ones who walked away from negotiations when America and other 5 nations offered friendly terms for giving up nukes

Oh im not saying theyre innocent by any means, just that theyre not doing anything different than they have been for 20 something years and the timing of this "crisis" has 'wag the dog' written all over it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Yes, Islam already has the bomb.

I don't trust any Islamic nations.

eta

or dictators of any sort.

Edited by Ellapennella

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Oh im not saying theyre innocent by any means, just that theyre not doing anything different than they have been for 20 something years and the timing of this "crisis" has 'wag the dog' written all over it. 

Are you stupid? The development of nuclear weapons and missiles and threatening to nuke their enemies certainly is different. Are you tuned into Radio Vladivostok, too?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

I don't trust any Islamic nations.

We must speak, softly, and carry a big stick.                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Stick_ideology

• Like 1

Are you stupid? The development of nuclear weapons and missiles and threatening to nuke their enemies certainly is different. Are you tuned into Radio Vladivostok, too?

If you bothered to read the entire story rather than just the headline you'd realize that their threats have been preceded by the very important words "If we're attacked". Kinda exactly like what our own nation said today with the missile launch off of California.

The stupid play has been trump giving the lunatic reason to begin thinking that an attack is imminent thereby destabilizing the entire situation to the point that its now a freaking tinderbox. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Yamato said:

There's a big difference between coming to the defense of our friends like we did back then, and what we do today.   If I agree we should have fought in Korea it still doesn't justify anything we do today.    We don't wait for someone else to attack, WE ATTACK THEM FIRST.   

On what planet do we live where aggressors are perceived as good guys?   That's the most twisted logic ever.   Don't let your politics destroy your principle, or else Germany and Japan were the good guys in World War 2, North Korea was the good guy in Korean War 1, Saddam Hussein was the good guy when he invaded Kuwait (and Iran in case anyone didn't know) and so on.

Just responding to the people that seem to think we bombed N Korea just out of spite. They started a war and we bombed the crap out of them. We didn't just wake up one morning and decide that we should bomb N  Korea. That is all my post was about.

• Like 2

Just now, Farmer77 said:

If you bothered to read the entire story rather than just the headline you'd realize that their threats have been preceded by the very important words "If we're attacked". Kinda exactly like what our own nation said today with the missile launch off of California. The stupid play has been trump giving the lunatic reason to begin thinking that an attack is imminent. 

They've always thought an attack was immanent. That's been their demented cry for the last 63 years. So, just don't provoke the lunatic next door who is armed to the teeth and threatened all his neighbors maybe he won't hurt anyone is the policy you'd advocate? R-I-I-I-I-ght. Either you're nuts or you're a commie.

11 hours ago, SNR said:

Exactly that. If ALL countries only used their weapons for defence then there wouldn't be any wars at all would there?

Well I live on the planet Earth, which is populated run by a race called Humans. Not sure where you live, but here on Earth that is known as a pipe dream. In real life some countries on Earth do invade other countries. Should the rest of the countries just ignore such actions?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

We must speak, softly, and carry a big stick.                        

Have you ever watched gonews?

Edited by Ellapennella

2 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

Just responding to the people that seem to think we bombed N Korea just out of spite. They started a war and we bombed the crap out of them. We didn't just wake up one morning and decide that we should bomb N  Korea. That is all my post was about.

Exactly. We showed them no more mercy than we did the Germans or the Japanese. When attacked, we are equal opportunity bombers.:tu:

• Like 1

They've always thought an attack was immanent. That's been their demented cry for the last 63 years. So, just don't provoke the lunatic next door who is armed to the teeth and threatened all his neighbors maybe he won't hurt anyone is the policy you'd advocate? R-I-I-I-I-ght. Either you're nuts or you're a commie.

No the policy I advocate is remove S. Korea's nuclear program as a bargaining tool, then return to the negotiating table with very clear terms. If that fails, then begin escalations. 

I said this before but im still confused by the mindset :

If republicans believe Obama sucked at everything , that should include negotiating. So why not redouble the negotiating efforts to see if we can do better. No I dont agree that pushing the region and the world to the brink of war is a necessary step in negotiating -yet. 

Just now, Farmer77 said:

No the policy I advocate is remove S. Korea's nuclear program as a bargaining tool, then return to the negotiating table with very clear terms. If that fails, then begin escalations. 

I said this before but im still confused by the mindset :

If republicans believe Obama sucked at everything , that should include negotiating. So why not redouble the negotiating efforts to see if we can do better. No I dont agree that pushing the region and the world to the brink of war is a necessary step in negotiating -yet. 

Oh, so your policy is for us to go belly up and hope they don't hurt us. Well you can stuff that where the sun don't shine. How typical of a liberal to fantasize they can talk a bully out of beating the crap of them. If our Prince of Peace couldn't get the guy back to the table, game over, dude. The time for talk is over. Actions speak louder than words. It's his turn to blink.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Lilly said:

I was attempting to make a point by repeating myself.

Keep in mind the 9 nations that currently do have nuclear weapons do not have leaders with the mentality of Kim Jung Un. Nor have they threatened to use them to nuke the United States.

You used the word currently concerning nuclear weapons but failed to use the very same word for the regimes that currently control them?

Here's my attempt to repeat myself... FOREVER IS A MIGHTY LONG TIME. And time has proved the world is ever changing. 

Mentality.. You bought that one along with all the others being bought by the wests propaganda machine. You lot are so narrow minded you've got tunnel vision.

And are you sure about that last sentence?

And in case anyone doesn't understand.. All these 9 nations with nuclear weapons have to be stable FOREVER. Has any country been stable forever. I'm thinking not. So what you say won't stand forever. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

Unfortunately I think you're correct here.

We also need to keep in mind that it's paramount to show only strength when dealing with a mentally unstable bully that now has nuclear weapons. In past years Lil' Kim was indeed ranting and raving al la much ado over nothing, no capacity to do much of anything, but recently things began to change. N Korea has detonated nuclear devices and they are now in possession of medium and long range missiles, granted they aren't proficient in firing them yet but that could change PDQ. So, do we just wait until he lobs one at S Korea, or Japan, or Hawaii, or California? When do we take the inevitable stand?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

Not exactly, Trump's trying to make Lil' Kim backoff by highlighting the concept of mutually assured destruction.

In my analogy it's like showing the nutty guy that you have a gun too...and a bigger gun no less.

I sometimes think that Trump isn't talking to Kim but to the people around him or the upper echelon of the military, and letting them know that they had better do something about their dear leader before their world blows up.   That would explain why he kills his perceived enemies in such gruesome ways.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Unfortunately I think you're correct here.

We also need to keep in mind that it's paramount to show only strength when dealing with a mentally unstable bully that now has nuclear weapons. In past years Lil' Kim was indeed ranting and raving al la much ado over nothing, no capacity to do much of anything, but recently things began to change. N Korea has detonated nuclear devices and they are now in possession of medium and long range missiles, granted they aren't proficient in firing them yet but that could change PDQ. So, do we just wait until he lobs one at S Korea, or Japan, or Hawaii, or California? When do we take the inevitable stand?

It would be ironic if he accidentally nuked China. I don't think they'd be very pleased with him. One of his homemade missiles veering off course is a distinct possibility

• Like 1