Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is North Korea really a problem?

imrunningthismonkeyfarm

57 minutes ago, Lilly said:

How's that? I don't read his response to mean we should be the one to start a nuclear war. Keep in mind it's Kim Jung Un who wants to have a nuclear war.

Don't be daft. If he wanted to push the button what's stopping him? If he was a suicidal crank pot  destined to blow up the world like you all believe he wouldn't be waiting for America and its allies to position themselves.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Yes, and you're a gutless wonder willing to grovel for peace. What is sacrificed by North Korea is up to their leader.

We should not attack them until they attack someone first. Period, end of story. As long as we do that I have no problem with it.

NK is saying everything they are doing is for defense, we are saying we are there to defend against them. As long as they don't attack first just leave them alone and push hard for negotiations and use cyber warfare to keep trying to sabotage only their nuclear and offensive ballistic missile capabilities without use of physical force.

Meanwhile build up missile defense systems and shoot down any of the missiles they shoot for testing as soon as they leave NK territory. Show them that their missiles are pointless since we can shoot them down quite easily. We have been able to shoot down missiles like they are developing for decades now, their missiles are in actually not much of a threat if the proper missile defense systems are put in place.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Einsteinium said:

We should not attack them until they attack someone first. Period, end of story. As long as we do that I have no problem with it.

NK is saying everything they are doing is for defense, we are saying we are there to defend against them. As long as they don't attack first just leave them alone and push hard for negotiations and use cyber warfare to keep trying to sabotage only their nuclear and offensive ballistic missile capabilities without use of physical force.

Meanwhile build up missile defense systems and shoot down any of the missiles they shoot for testing as soon as they leave NK territory. Show them that their missiles are pointless since we can shoot them down quite easily. We have been able to shoot down missiles like they are developing for decades now, their missiles are in actually not much of a threat if the proper missile defense systems are put in place.

Don't disagree with you at all on this but let me ask you, what next?  In other words, he fires off ten ballistic missiles, 7 at SK and 3 at Japan, and we manage to intercept them all, what do we do then?   (This isn't a set up question, I am genuinely interested because I don't know what the next move is but agree with this as a first move.)

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Don't disagree with you at all on this but let me ask you, what next?  In other words, he fires off ten ballistic missiles, 7 at SK and 3 at Japan, and we manage to intercept them all, what do we do then?   (This isn't a set up question, I am genuinely interested because I don't know what the next move is but agree with this as a first move.)

That is a good question that I was pondering myself.

If they fired off missiles to attack SK and Japan and we shot them down, they still attacked SK and Japan in my book. If someone lobs a bomb at your castle wall and the wall protects you they still attacked you and need to be prevented from doing so again.

Perhaps a precision strike taking out the launch sites where they launched the missiles from, and strikes to take out any known missile factories and storage locations? But even then, what next after that? What do you think Merc?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Yes, and you're a gutless wonder willing to grovel for peace. What is sacrificed by North Korea is up to their leader.

That's a disgusting thing to say. How dare you justify the slaughter of millions of innocents to get your point across. Your claptrap doesn't sit well with me at all.

If you're so brave you'll be signing up today. But you're not are you sitting in the comfort of your chair. You're a joke.

• Like 3

Just now, Merc14 said:

Hate to answer for someone else but in that scenario we then respond with the full force and fury of the United States Military 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SNR said:

But that's what we're all aspiring to isn't it??? Sorry I mean on my planet Earth.. where there are still people who would like to live in peace. Not everyone likes war you know.

And by the way your planet Earth isn't working. Not like it should.

Look. I understand the progress of stones to nuclear weapons quite well and we wouldn't be where we are today without wars. Yes most species battle but we should know better by now. And yes things like space travel wouldn't be possible without it and if it was all defensive great. But by the track record of the last few American presidents their goal isn't peace but world domination. We are still heading in the wrong direction. 

And these humans that you say run this planet should be more responsible by now instead of being a disgrace to the planet to the animals and to themselves.

I deal with things as they are, not how I wish they were. I wish no one started wars, but they do, fairly frequently. 

No. They're not a problem. They're a distraction and a way to get this inept president higher approval ratings. And what's worse is that he's willing to possibly sacrifice thousands of lives just to accomplish this. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Einsteinium said:

That is a good question that I was pondering myself.

If they fired off missiles to attack SK and Japan and we shot them down, they still attacked SK and Japan in my book. If someone lobs a bomb at your castle wall and the wall protects you they still attacked you and need to be prevented from doing so again.

Perhaps a precision strike taking out the launch sites where they launched the missiles from, and strikes to take out any known missile factories and storage locations? But even then, what next after that? What do you think Merc?

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Hate to answer for someone else but in that scenario we then respond with the full force and fury of the United States Military 

The problem is that once attacked the NK's will unleash all hell on the South and things will escalate quickly but I would guess our initial response would be to hammer them with about two hundred Tomahawks.   I wouldn't fly anything over NK other than stealth aircraft but I'd have them on their way for a night attack.  Not sure how effective any of it would be as they have everything military buried inside mountains over there.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

I deal with things as they are, not how I wish they were. I wish no one started wars, but they do, fairly frequently. 

That's the problem with the world. Everyone's got different ideas concerning what they want out of life. Instead of trying to work together for a better future we continue to deal with it when it arises.

Knowing there's only one male Northern Rhino left on the planet tells me that clearly. And no, I didn't do nothing to save them either so we're all guilty.

13 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

The problem is that once attacked the NK's will unleash all hell on the South and things will escalate quickly but I would guess our initial response would be to hammer them with about two hundred Tomahawks.   I wouldn't fly anything over NK other than stealth aircraft but I'd have them on their way for a night attack.  Not sure how effective any of it would be as they have everything military buried inside mountains over there.

True and a good point. Maybe we should just Nuke the crap out of them ;)

Just now, Merc14 said:

Thats why I am so opposed to the road we're on right now, i just hate the idea of backing Kim into a corner with force until we absolutely positively have to for fear of provoking that very response as a preemptive middle finger to us before he eats a tomahawk. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Yh. Maybe a false flag attack is needed? That would appease everyone who's already been bought. No one would go against the narrative, most are already sold on the idea that Kim fatten is about to press the button. 

Although I still hope this ends in peace I feel there's something bigger in the works.

I mean, what do we really know?

Just now, SNR said:

Yh. Maybe a false flag attack is needed? That would appease everyone who's already been bought. No one would go against the narrative, most are already sold on the idea that Kim fatten is about to press the button. 

Although I still hope this ends in peace I feel there's something bigger in the works.

I mean, what do we really know?

Gulf of Tonkin part deux - McCain's revenge LOL 

Probably shouldnt LOL at such a serious topic but you're dead on. If its anything less than a full on launch from NK territory Ill be very suspicious. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know what to expect from the White House senate briefing on NK today?

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Gulf of Tonkin part deux - McCain's revenge LOL 

Probably shouldnt LOL at such a serious topic but you're dead on. If its anything less than a full on launch from NK territory Ill be very suspicious. 

As will I. There is good reason to be suspicious, false flag attacks have a precedent and have happened numerous times in relatively recent history. Most notably and definitively the Gulf of Tonkin incident.

• Like 1

N.K always talks a lot of crap. They talk about it but are never about it... It's funny because to my knowledge Kim is coming out of the woodwork to try and show his true strips against Trump who would hit him in a second. I don't remember so many NK threats against Obama when he was in white house. And NK has the balls to try and push Trump into a corner when they didn't really with Obama. Wrong move & wrong timing.

Plus it was cute when they tried to launch their missile the other day and it exploded again of the ground. People say the U.S had something to do with the hacking of the system, well if that's the case and we can hack their missiles then there is no issue on either side of the coin. Either there missiles blow up because they don't have the technology and weaponry advancements OR we can hack their system blowing up their rockets. So either way, no threat in my eyes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Does anyone know what to expect from the White House senate briefing on NK today?

I expect Trump to tell them something like, "Look at my media ratings since I started rattling the NK cage, I mean, the media coverage I am getting because of this is like, yuge, it is bigger than after 9/11 let me tell you. I have never been on TV more than I am now, it is just fantastic, I am terrific" or something along those lines.

Then Mattis will come and out and get down to serious business.

• Like 3

I remember watching something in the late ninety's where China was complaining about how they are tired of waiting for the NWO to take effect. The program i was watching would show articles from places like Brussels and elsewhere that we don't really read or hear about on MSM but the only thing I can find about that as of now is this. So I don't really know how China is playing their hand, i don't trust them.

China is calling for the establishment of a new world order that will ensure a long-term stable and peaceful international environment, Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Zhang Qiyue said in Beijing on June 10, 1999.

The more than 200 countries in the world and more than six billion people should not and cannot be put under the control of one country or group, she said, emphasizing that multi-polarization has become an irreversible historical trend after the end of the Cold War.

A country's affairs should be handled by its own people and international issues should be resolved through negotiations, she said, adding that the United Nations, the organization that has the largest number of member nations and that is most representative, should play a dominant role in international affairs and that this is common sense in the international community.

The common wish is for the establishment of a just and reasonable new political and economic order in the world, she said, one that must first help create a long-term peaceful environment for the development of all countries in the world.

It must also represent the common interests of all people and embody the development and progress needs of the time, she said.

The basis of the new world order, she said, should be the five principles of peaceful coexistence and other international norms.

The five principles refer to mutual respect for each nation's sovereignty and territorial integrity, mutual non-aggression, non-interference in each other's internal affairs, equality and mutual benefits, and peaceful coexistence.

http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/zmgx/zgwjzc/t35080.htm

Edited by Ellapennella

41 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I heard on the radio this morning that the Senate originally requested a meeting and Trump said sure but you need to come here but can't find that in writing anywhere so.......

• Like 1

Just now, Merc14 said:

I heard on the radio this morning that the Senate originally requested a meeting and Trump said sure but you need to come here but can't find that in writing anywhere so.......

At least he did not ask them all to fly down to Mar-a-Lago and is actually at the White House right now to do this.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I found this quite interesting on the BBC site:

North Korea tensions: US ready to 'bring Kim Jong-un to his senses'

"The US military's top commander in the Pacific has said an advanced missile defence system in South Korea aims to bring North Korean leader Kim Jong-un "to his senses, not to his knees""

I'm wondering if they're planning to use the Thaad system the next time NK tests a missile.

Perhaps a compromise between doing nothing, and retaliating with an attack?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

I found this quite interesting on the BBC site:

North Korea tensions: US ready to 'bring Kim Jong-un to his senses'

"The US military's top commander in the Pacific has said an advanced missile defence system in South Korea aims to bring North Korean leader Kim Jong-un "to his senses, not to his knees""

I'm wondering if they're planning to use the Thaad system the next time NK tests a missile.

Perhaps a compromise between doing nothing, and retaliating with an attack?

maybe the system is in use already which is maybe why the rocket launches are failing

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Einsteinium said:

There are cruder and just as effective ways of delivering a nuclear payload, missiles not required. They could load one on a motorboat twenty miles offshore and steer it remotely into one of our harbors, any time. Are you prepared to risk the loss of New York, Sidney, Honolulu, or any other Western target he may choose on the efficacy of containment? 

Edited by Hammerclaw