Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is North Korea really a problem?

imrunningthismonkeyfarm

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

If I was, I'd fly out to the Carl Vinson and do the absolutely inconceivable and invite Kim over for crumpets and tea and cut a deal. Who knows? Maybe the guy's a Republican.

Truthfully Trumps stated willingness to do just that while he was campaigning I thought was a breath of fresh air. 

N. Korea may get terrorism designation, White House briefs Senate

All 100 US senators met together with President Donald Trump and White House officials, where options for addressing North Korea were outlined, among them reportedly being placing North Korea on a list of state sponsors of terrorism.

The classified meeting lasted around 14 minutes, according to reports.

A White House official said putting North Korea on a list of state sponsors of terrorism was "one of the things" being considered, Bloomberg News reported.

45 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

If I was, I'd fly out to the Carl Vinson and do the absolutely inconceivable and invite Kim over for crumpets and tea and cut a deal. Who knows? Maybe the guy's a Republican.

Cheese, expensive imported cheese, with that tea might do the trick.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

Dutch Gouda will do the job :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

When it comes to war, the only lives that matter are those of your own people. The only thing  I advocate is vigilance and that we prepare for any contingency. South Koreans knows what's at stake and have made preparations for decades. Hiding under your bed, trembling,  because you haven't the stomach for what may need to be done, won't change anything. 

Joking right?

I bet you're cozied up in your (unreachable by North Korean missiles) home condemning millions to certain death (again) knowing full well there's no chance of harm coming to you at all. Shame on you. 

The truth is I fear The U.S. Is taunting him on purpose in the hope he starts another civil war in the region. A devastating defeat to the hands of the U.S. would not only finish North Korea it would also send a strong message to their so called 'Enemies'.

The sad thing is that people like you will justify it no matter what the consequences like you always have.

4 hours ago, Lilly said:

Australia was another nation on his hit list about a week ago....at least he has shown his hand at the place he intends to strike.

What a fool. Hopefully, somebody comes along soon and jabs his porky @zz with a poisonous tipped hair pin.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

N. Korea may get terrorism designation, White House briefs Senate

All 100 US senators met together with President Donald Trump and White House officials, where options for addressing North Korea were outlined, among them reportedly being placing North Korea on a list of state sponsors of terrorism.

The classified meeting lasted around 14 minutes, according to reports.

A White House official said putting North Korea on a list of state sponsors of terrorism was "one of the things" being considered, Bloomberg News reported.

He got 100 senators from all over  for a meeting about the North Korean threat to the world and it lasted around 14 minutes?? 

He must be too busy planning his next few moves (looking forward the Iranian threat) to put 'America No 1' like he promised to spend too much time on the North Korean stepping stone.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SNR said:

Joking right?

I bet you're cozied up in your (unreachable by North Korean missiles) home condemning millions to certain death (again) knowing full well there's no chance of harm coming to you at all. Shame on you. 

The truth is I fear The U.S. Is taunting him on purpose in the hope he starts another civil war in the region. A devastating defeat to the hands of the U.S. would not only finish North Korea it would also send a strong message to their so called 'Enemies'.

The sad thing is that people like you will justify it no matter what the consequences like you always have.

Gee, a madman with nukes is incapable of harming anyone. What a pacifist snowflake you are, when your not advocating violence against Americans you disagree with.

• Like 1

This whole business of busing over the Senate today to the White House looks like an attempt to make sure the American people believe that the White House is keeping the Congress informed of their plans for a preemptive strike.

I'm sure Trump will attack North Korea, for the simple reason that he has no choice. 

This is very similar to the Cuban Missile Crisis, but without a Kennedy to thoughtfully manage the potential fall out.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, SNR said:

He got 100 senators from all over  for a meeting about the North Korean threat to the world and it lasted around 14 minutes?? 

He must be too busy planning his next few moves (looking forward the Iranian threat) to put 'America No 1' like he promised to spend too much time on the North Korean stepping stone.

Trump didn't brief them, his Secretary of State and Secretary of Defense and generals did.   They laid out the increased capabilities and expected advances of the NK threat and explained why this cannot continue.  Waiting until the man has the capability to threaten the continental US is stupid and kicking the can down the road is how we got here.

• Like 1

Is NK a problem? Yes. They have a little megalomanic with nuclear weapons. He's working on ICBMs and submarine launched missiles. I've seen some of the rare film that has come out of  NK and the people suffer greatly. Food is scarce, services are near nonexistent, propaganda and brainwashing are constant and pervasive. Then there is SK: they are in danger from nukes, and you don't need an ICBM to get there. Millions could be killed in a strike on the South. This could possibly escalate because of the proximity to China as well, although I don't think Beijing wants this nut with nukes to get out of control either. 

I don't know what the best thing to do is, I'm no military strategist, but the little dictator has threatened our cities, he is testing his arsenal, and he is trying to develop the necessary delivery means. The question is, do we hope it's all bluff and do little or nothing, do we launch a preemptive strike and take out his nukes and run the risk of him nuking Seoul, or do we do nothing and one day find he nukes Honolulu or Los Angeles? Of course we would retaliate but the damage would already be done. 

I don't envy the military leader here. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, spud the mackem said:

maybe the system is in use already which is maybe why the rocket launches are failing

We were talking at work today and that's just what we discussed. Someone hacked into that last launch and sabotaged it. That's so possible!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Dutch Gouda will do the job :)

Yum! Smoked with bacon!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lilly said:

Kerrygold Aged Cheddar With Irish Whiskey.

• Like 1

Hey guys don't you feel Trump achieved something here by this smoke and mirror cunning tactics? South Koreans resistance to THAAD will reduce and NK didn't test the nuke.

2 hours ago, kartikg said:

Hey guys don't you feel Trump achieved something here by this smoke and mirror cunning tactics? South Koreans resistance to THAAD will reduce and NK didn't test the nuke.

This is one thing that I've sometimes wondered, whether he might actually turn out to be a genius in disguise, by managing to work everything out in his favour by bluffing all along. Like the Missile Strike on Syria; that got all his critics in the Party, in Senate and most importantly the media all lapping out of his hand, didn't he? Which may not be the most appealing image, no. Now he seems to have impressed XI of China with the beauty of his weapons, and between them they might be able to play a very clever game here. Alternatively, of course, he may not have a clue what's he's doing. 

On 4/26/2017 at 8:56 AM, Bama13 said:

Just responding to the people that seem to think we bombed N Korea just out of spite. They started a war and we bombed the crap out of them. We didn't just wake up one morning and decide that we should bomb N  Korea. That is all my post was about.

Then you're only excusing us for something we did almost 70 years ago.  That's exactly what we do now.  We just wake up and decide to bomb people.   Even spite would be a better excuse than the cheap excuses we come up with these days.   Wake up and defend the Constitution dude.  These crooks we elect to high places never will.

On 4/26/2017 at 6:59 AM, Lilly said:

President Trump is not threatening to destroy N Korea via nuclear weapons. What Trump actually said is that he won't take nuclear weapons off the table. In other words, if Kim Jung Un decides to up and nuke others (S Korea, Japan, US) then the US won't sit back and do nothing. This is the primary component of détente...if you destroy others in such a manner you too will be destroyed. Sane people understand this concept, it remain to be seen if Kim Jung Un has a sufficient grasp on reality to understand this.

We all know that is North Korea attacks South Korea or Japan or who-ever, it's national suicide.   We can skip with all the useless fanfare and politicking and go straight to what we already know.  

"If you destroy others you will be destroyed."  Yeah that's Osama bin Laden's concept.   He understood it so in your book he must be sane. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yamato said:

"If you destroy others you will be destroyed."  Yeah that's Osama bin Laden's concept.   He understood it so in your book he must be sane. 

Godwin is telling you to knock it off, Yamato.

5 hours ago, Yamato said:

We all know that is North Korea attacks South Korea or Japan or who-ever, it's national suicide.   We can skip with all the useless fanfare and politicking and go straight to what we already know.  

Gods, you can say some of the stupidest things, sometimes. What you've just disparaged is called M.A.D. Mutual Assured Destruction and no nuclear weapon has been used in war since 1945 because of it. Curtis LeMay was key to it's formulation and implimentation.

Kim knows we won't dare use nukes in such close proximity to South Korea and China. There's nothing restraining him from using them anywhere.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Gods, you can say some of the stupidest things, sometimes. What you've just disparaged is called M.A.D. Mutual Assured Destruction and no nuclear weapon has been used in war since 1945 because of it. Curtis LeMay was key to it's formulation and implimentation.

Kim knows we won't dare use nukes in such close proximity to South Korea and China. There's nothing restraining him from using them anywhere.

It's would be laughable if it wasn't so sad.   The fun problem is to figure out exactly what mental disorder we are dealing with!   Don't worry, I have already warned him of the dangers of not seeking professional help etc. etc.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

You're the one disparaging M.A.D. not me.  I find it perfectly plausible that nations you don't happen to like for political reasons will enjoy M.A.D. as much as you, or we do.   It follows from my reply above that concepts such as those (as well as destroy and be destroyed) apply to both actors we like and actors we don't.   "What's good for the goose...."

Yeeah okay.   What Kim knows.  Sure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aquatus1 said:

Godwin is telling you to knock it off, Yamato.

Either we think we can monopolize these concepts or they apply both ways aquatus.   And (unfortunately) they do apply both ways, and the game we're playing is "Push me Shove you" and violence and conflict are the results we get.

Can we defend ourselves in the US without going around the world picking fights?  Obviously we can, but we don't want to.   So my advice for my country is to be more like Japan.  Imagine that, huh?

• Like 1

The meat and potatoes of the U.S. economy is war. The U.S. lost every war since the Mexico U.S. war but they need tax payers dollars to police the world.

Im no fan of NK and now the UK says they will deliver a first strick with nukes. Not good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Silver Thong said:

The meat and potatoes of the U.S. economy is war. The U.S. lost every war since the Mexico U.S. war but they need tax payers dollars to police the world.

Im no fan of NK and now the UK says they will deliver a first strick with nukes. Not good.

Seriously??? WTF history books have you read?  Go back to sleep silly, you are embarrassing yourself.  

• Like 2