Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is North Korea really a problem?

imrunningthismonkeyfarm

47 minutes ago, Lilly said:

"Ok, who has Trump murdered? Is Trump part of an evil dynasty that never required him to be elected? Does Trump have absolute power to do anything he pleases? Does Trump function in a reality where he is revered as a god with absolute power? Does everyone else in the government bow down to the whims of Trump? Does Trump operate without benefit of a Constitution? "

Well, to at least four of those rhetorical questions; he seems to think so, or he'd like to, if he had the chance.

(Question 2 of course applies to Hillary Clinton.) 

:unsure: 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Well, to at least four of those rhetorical questions; he seems to think so, or he'd like to, if he had the chance.

That's your opinion that Trump wants to do these bad things. But, the facts remain that KJU actually is an evil dictator and actually has done these awful things. Frankly, it seems to me to be pretty clear that KJU is far more dangerous than Trump will ever be (the US President simply does not have absolute power).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

I'll give you the same answer that I gave Farmer a couple pages back:

"Ok, who has Trump murdered? Is Trump part of an evil dynasty that never required him to be elected? Does Trump have absolute power to do anything he pleases? Does Trump function in a reality where he is revered as a god with absolute power? Does everyone else in the government bow down to the whims of Trump? Does Trump operate without benefit of a Constitution? "

IMO Trump is certainly narcissistic, but KJU is a straight up psychopath who doesn't care who (or how many) he has to murder to hold onto his power. Lil' Kim even had his own brother assassinated in order to be the only genetic option that China could back.

Yeah I know, I was being a bit flippant :)

This may all come down to what President Xi of China chooses to do. IMO China likes it's new found 'capitalist prosperity' and if Lil' Kim threatens to mess that up...let's just say I doubt China sees him as being a god-like figure.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Lilly said:

That's your opinion that Trump wants to do these bad things.  

See reply below. 

25 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

Yeah I know, I was being a bit flippant :)

:yes: 

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker

1 hour ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

See reply below. 

:yes: 

I saw Emma's response and realized it was meant to be humorous.

I just wanted to revisit the reality that KJU is known to be a dangerous lunatic. Trump hasn't even come close to being as looney/evil as Lil' Kim.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Yamato said:

No idea why I remind you of your friend.  You're having it both ways.  You go from "Hold me" to paranoid make believe about submarines.    I don't talk out of both ends depending on what minute of the hour it is.  I'm actually not afraid of North Korea.  Americans actually scared of North Korea?  LOL that is so ridiculous I don't know where to start.   Perhaps a psychiatrist has a pill for that.

There's no point in trying to talk to you. Either you deliberately misunderstand or are too stupid to. I can see you, twenty years ago, laughing your head off and acting the fool over the ridiculous idea of terrorists flying airliners into skyscrapers, too.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, kartikg said:

I have heard that insurance doesn't pay if you left the key in ignition. 

Yep, he had no insurance and no sense.

• Like 1

On 2017-04-28 at 7:47 AM, Lilly said:

I'll be glad to answer this:

The American Revolution, The War of 1812, The Mexican American War, The Civil War, The Spanish American War and WWI and WWII.

The Britians beat you and burnt down the white house aka Canadians now. So thats 2 wars down if not the U.S. would be alot bigger would it not.

The Mexican American war was won with money https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican–American_War

The civil war lol that was a war within so the winner does not matter.

The Spanish American war, ya I will give that to you.

Now it becomes embassing to think that the U.S. saved the world in WW1 or WW2. Late to the party wearing a lamp shade and taking all the credit. Also becoming the only nation to use WMD`s on civilians.

10 hours ago, Lilly said:

That's your opinion that Trump wants to do these bad things. But, the facts remain that KJU actually is an evil dictator and actually has done these awful things. Frankly, it seems to me to be pretty clear that KJU is far more dangerous than Trump will ever be (the US President simply does not have absolute power).

Who has the launch codes

Edited by The Silver Thong

So then what would have happened had we not decided to help during WW2?

• Like 1

On 4/28/2017 at 3:08 PM, kartikg said:

That's because hecis not a seasoned politician he doesn't do acting.

isn't that what his whole TV career has been based on?

On 4/28/2017 at 3:53 PM, Bama13 said:

I'm not sure why people think of Korean War as a tie or loss. The goal was to keep S Korea free from N Korea. Goal accomplished = Win in my book. The goal was never to over throw the N Korean government.

And of course we won both recent Gulf Wars.

I think you could add,a s I've suggested before, Vietnam to that really. Certainly the NVA was comprehensively defeated when it tried to invade South Vietnam thanks to American air power, and that was what prompted the North to finally settle for a political solution. The fact that they went back on it and the Saigon government was too feeble and corrupt to resist can hardly be blamed on America.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, F3SS said:

So then what would have happened had we not decided to help during WW2?

All the nations in Asia would today be co-existing in happy peaceful prosperity in the Greater South East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere, a forerunner of the EU.

:unsure: 

12 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

There's no point in trying to talk to you. Either you deliberately misunderstand or are too stupid to. I can see you, twenty years ago, laughing your head off and acting the fool over the ridiculous idea of terrorists flying airliners into skyscrapers, too.

Well no I was horrified on 9/11 like everyone else.   But I wouldn't leave my keys in the ignition myself, I wouldn't insist on a federal ignition control program that automatically removes my key from my ignition for me depending on how scared of forgetting my keys I am on that day.    Either you're scared of NK or you're not, you can't have it both ways.  

You remind me of something too...the coy attitudes I saw from people about how much of a threat Iraq was before we invaded in 2003, and within a few days after we began rolling in the same people were making jokes at how poorly equipped the Iraqi military was.  So I can see you stirring up the fear then laughing after the killing starts.   I could be wrong too but that's my guess.

Don't want to go off topic but to carry on with that thought - I can't believe how the US and UK were successfully
hoodwinked into invading Iraq - everyone could see the logic re the 9/11 connection was completely flawed -
so Bush and Blair had to be part of a different, hidden agenda -- and the flawed WMD thing was what they
used to make a case for war.....and we all know how that turned out ---  

there seems to be tension between patriotism and common sense - people want to support the government but
at the end of the day the question has to be asked --- is the government really supporting the country ----

or making decisions that are about other things - like oil and arms industry for example.......or globalism -

or keeping the military happy --- war is their game and the very reason for their existence after all ---
and they have control of the weapons so perhaps they can call the shots more than what we think -

a military coup is always an option they have...?......

Edited by bee
  • Like 1

Was it in the country's national security interest that Saddam had to go?    Saddam killed terrorists.   That was candidate Trump's rationale (a 135o turn from what he said originally) but a warlike attitude in Iraq today more confers with candidate Trump's foreign policy position than turns on it.   His real foreign policy was unveiled in just one statement:  "It was a mistake to go into Iraq but now we have no choice.  We have no choice."   So I don't buy the hype that he got into office and fell into the hands of establishment Republicans.   They told us in 2003 that we have no choice and they still want us to think that today.

Just now, Yamato said:

Was it in the country's national security interest that Saddam had to go?    Saddam killed terrorists.   That was candidate Trump's rationale (a 135o turn from what he said originally) but a warlike attitude in Iraq today more confers with candidate Trump's foreign policy position than turns on it.   His real foreign policy was unveiled in just one statement:  "It was a mistake to go into Iraq but now we have no choice.  We have no choice."   So I don't buy the hype that he got into office and fell into the hands of establishment Republicans.   They told us in 2003 that we have no choice and they still want us to think that today.

extending what I said --- perhaps the military laid it on the line .... 'you do what we want, basically or you're OUT (or dead)'

???

so perhaps Trump actually doesn't have a choice if he wants to continue as President but he frames it as ..''''we''' ...
because the reality is not quite what he expected until he was in the White House  - and then the shadowy mega rich
power junkies came out of the woodwork.... 

edit to say --- but perhaps having completely ****** up the country there is some sort of moral obligation to try
and DO SOMETHING ---- but not sure what the best thing that SOMETHING is, now everything is such a mess -

Edited by bee

Just now, Yamato said:

Was it in the country's national security interest that Saddam had to go?    

forgot to say ........................... no

and it wasn't for the UK either (IMO) 

but we were hoodwinked into accepting it 

• Like 1

Just now, The Silver Thong said:

The Britians beat you and burnt down the white house aka Canadians now.

:w00t: 

But you have to admit that the British (and French) got the colder half of the land mass.... :) 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bee said:

extending what I said --- perhaps the military laid it on the line .... 'you do what we want, basically or you're OUT (or dead)'

???

so perhaps Trump actually doesn't have a choice if he wants to continue as President but he frames it as ..''''we''' ...
because the reality is not quite what he expected until he was in the White House  - and then the shadowy mega rich
power junkies came out of the woodwork....

If it's the mega rich power junkies, then it's not hard to believe he's taking care of his own.

But we were hoodwinked to war 14 years ago alright.   Even worse we now seem more hoodwinkable than ever. 

edit to say --- but perhaps having completely ****** up the country there is some sort of moral obligation to try
and DO SOMETHING ---- but not sure what the best thing that SOMETHING is, now everything is such a mess -

With the govt we installed in Iraq we're now propping up, making Iran the enemy makes no sense when we ignore Iraq's govt via tacitly supporting it when it's Iran's new BFF.   It's going to be a lot more than "ISIS" in Iraq if Iran is pushed onto center stage of our next kabuki theater.

• Like 1

Just now, Yamato said:

If it's the mega rich power junkies, then it's not hard to believe he's taking care of his own.

I think that is too simplistic -

not all the mega rich power junkies are on the same side - the 'fight' at the top must be pretty nasty
because they are all used to getting their own way in their different spheres..?

I think the main tension is between nationalism and globalism - an almighty tug of war -

getting back to North Korea -

I wonder if Kim Jong Un's half brother was dramatically poisoned in that airport because he was being
groomed to be a  Western / Japanese Puppet leader and was going to be helped to depose his younger brother -

and when that went pear~shaped this present situation built up...

or perhaps it was all family internal politics - dunno it's all a bit complicated to say the least -

but Kim Jong-nam did say he tried to go to Japan to visit Disneyland .. :) ...

:wacko:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Jong-nam

2001: Tokyo Disneyland incident

In May 2001, Kim was arrested in Japan on arrival at Narita International Airport, accompanied by two women and a four-year-old boy identified as his son. He was travelling on a forged Dominican Republic passport using a Chinese alias, Pang Xiong. After being detained he was deported to China, where he said he was travelling to Japan to visit Tokyo Disneyland. The incident caused his father to cancel a planned visit to China due to the embarrassment it caused him

Edited by bee
to add link

38 minutes ago, bee said:

I think that is too simplistic -

not all the mega rich power junkies are on the same side - the 'fight' at the top must be pretty nasty
because they are all used to getting their own way in their different spheres..?

I think the main tension is between nationalism and globalism - an almighty tug of war -

It would be, if you still buy the campaign hype.   I didn't buy it then and it's clearly false now.   It was Clintonesque how Trump just said "I'm a nationalist and a globalist."  The everyman retort, the political yes man.

• Like 2