Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
imrunningthismonkeyfarm

Is North Korea really a problem?

875 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Frank Merton
8 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Apparently nukes and tsunamis are a well known/researched idea. A google search brings up tons of info, seemingly recent, I haven't looked at yet but according to this link https://what-if.xkcd.com/15/ which breezes over several decades of research but seems to end with info dating up to 1996 the short answer is that big and quickly dissipating waves would ensue but nothing like a tsunami that mother nature can produce. Lots of the other links  I haven't looked at seem to point to more recent technology/rumors.

I don't get your point -- the energy of a tsunami is mainly dissipated over open ocean, not densely populated cities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2
Quote

 North Korea and Iran with their  threats  are a  problem, any country in the world realizes in a nuke war there are no winners . Russian and the US realized that long time ago, its better to have cold wars. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnchorSteam
27 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/04/15/north-korea-attempts-fails-to-launch-missile-south-korea/22041422/

North Korean missile 'blows up' on test launch

Its really telling  them something:) they better heed :)

Isn't it interesting that so many of those "failed" launches saw the missile explode at the height of it's arc?

Just where you would want it for a EMP blast that could have one bomb shut down the grid in 1/3rd of the USA.

Or... 100% of Japan, and that would include our bases there. And in South Korea. They could also do a number on China as well, which is something you never see spoken of in the West, but it would badly gum-up the works for the PLA. It could take them a very long time to mount any kind of offensive against the N'orks, but what if the Leader prefers suicide to losing face? He does appear to be exactly that kind of weirdo.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F3SS
3 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

I don't get your point -- the energy of a tsunami is mainly dissipated over open ocean, not densely populated cities.

My point was bouncing off another post talking about ways to nuke another country other than a missile strike. They were talking about boats and ports. I brought up what I did pondering what could happen with a detonation far off shore where a yacht could easily just be without being noticed or searched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2
12 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

Isn't it interesting that so many of those "failed" launches saw the missile explode at the height of it's arc?

Just where you would want it for a EMP blast that could have one bomb shut down the grid in 1/3rd of the USA.

Or... 100% of Japan, and that would include our bases there. And in South Korea. They could also do a number on China as well, which is something you never see spoken of in the West, but it would badly gum-up the works for the PLA. It could take them a very long time to mount any kind of offensive against the N'orks, but what if the Leader prefers suicide to losing face? He does appear to be exactly that kind of weirdo.

 

 

I don't think  NK will take a suicide note, not like Iran or Isis  with  the ideology  of suicide bomber behind a nuke.  

Edited by docyabut2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
imrunningthismonkeyfarm
24 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

The ceasefire has been in effect 60+ years and has mostly stood except when porky and his daddy have tried provoking a response...The war never really came to an official end.

No American president has ever authorised military action on North Korea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Frank Merton
4 minutes ago, F3SS said:

My point was bouncing off another post talking about ways to nuke another country other than a missile strike. They were talking about boats and ports. I brought up what I did pondering what could happen with a detonation far off shore where a yacht could easily just be without being noticed or searched.

It worries me that someday the nuclear weapon will be "smugglable" and one day some city somewhere will be destroyed, and there will be a big fuss about who did it.  The authorities will probably, using various chemical tests, intelligence (something like that would have a few in the know and they would almost certainly drop hints) fairly soon have good evidence, and the circumstances (such as who poisoned all those people in Syria) will be fairly obvious, but there are those (we see them here a lot) who for whatever reason will deny, deny, deny.  "Prove it" will be their mantra.  They prefer to let an act of brutality succeed -- this amazes me and makes me wonder who is in who's pay.

At any rate, if that ever happens, no government in the world will dare look the other way and everything we do will be inspected and re-inspected and there will be no privacy, nor any basis for claiming it with so many lives at stake.  This is part of the problem of proliferation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Frank Merton

I'm pretty sure we all know why those missiles fail, and will continue to fail.  All honor to whoever is doing it.

Edited by Frank Merton
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnchorSteam
3 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

I don't think  NK will take a suicide note, not like Iran or Isis  with notion of suicide bombers behind a nuke.  

The explanation is in the vid, but it isn't like the Muddle East, this is on a national scale with the nation being ruled by the whims of one (so-called) man. They have been brain-washed with the kind of propaganda that makes the Ayatollahs and even Rachel Madcow look like amateurs for 70+ years, and with no input from anyone else at all.

They also open fire on the South every few years, just to keep it real.

Truth is, we have no idea what he will do next. Beijing might, they probably have the best spy network still functioning in N. Korea, and that could have something to do with why they moved 150k troops in. However, the would need a lot more. Last count, the N'orks have 700k, and while the gear is old, they are tough as nails and even more fanatical than the Imperial Japanese were in 1941.

Peral Harbor was a crazy move, too, but it happened, now didn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F3SS
1 minute ago, Frank Merton said:

I'm pretty sure we all know why those missiles fail, and will continue to fail.  All honor to whoever is doing it.

I hadn't thought of that but I did just tell my wife that whoever was in charge of that launch is probably being fed to lions right now. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
imrunningthismonkeyfarm
20 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

 

I think you'll find Iran and North Korea were reacting to America's threats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F3SS
1 minute ago, AnchorSteam said:

they moved 150k troops in. However, the would need a lot more.

Don't you think troop count while definitely a factor becomes more irrelevant when you have a technological advantage? Example: a thousand troops is no match for a few jets. I'm assuming china has huge tech advantages over NK.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2
Quote

I don't think nukes can come into our  harbors by boats, we can detect the radiation.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
1 hour ago, F3SS said:

Could a nuke create a tidal wave sizeable enough to cause serious damage if detonated off shore of a coastal city? I recall that being a possibility on something I watched some time ago. That entire country is insane. China ought to just take over it. Who would have a problem with that? Chinese communism doesn't seem very fun to me but would be absolute freedom to the liberated North Korean citizens. I've often wondered how damaged they are like how would they or could they even adjust to anything else? I get the sense that the entire country suffers from serious Stockholm syndrome. 

That's weird F3SS. I was thinking today about annexation by China. I'd have no problem with it either. It's a lot more favorable than what could happen if Kim is just left to go in his own direction. I do think China realizes how dangerous that man has become.

Everything I'm finding says it isn't true that China moved any troops to the N. Korean border. There is no evidence of it that the US can find.

http://www.nbcnews.com/card/are-chinese-troops-massing-north-korean-border-no-n745611

https://sofrep.com/79310/heres-whats-going-chinese-troop-movements-north-koreas-border/

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2
42 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

The explanation is in the vid, but it isn't like the Muddle East, this is on a national scale with the nation being ruled by the whims of one (so-called) man. They have been brain-washed with the kind of propaganda that makes the Ayatollahs and even Rachel Madcow look like amateurs for 70+ years, and with no input from anyone else at all.

They also open fire on the South every few years, just to keep it real.

Truth is, we have no idea what he will do next. Beijing might, they probably have the best spy network still functioning in N. Korea, and that could have something to do with why they moved 150k troops in. However, the would need a lot more. Last count, the N'orks have 700k, and while the gear is old, they are tough as nails and even more fanatical than the Imperial Japanese were in 1941.

Peral Harbor was a crazy move, too, but it happened, now didn't it?

I don't think nukes can come into our  harbors by boats, planes , we can now detect the radiations way before they get here   

Edited by docyabut2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Frank Merton
25 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Don't you think troop count while definitely a factor becomes more irrelevant when you have a technological advantage? Example: a thousand troops is no match for a few jets. I'm assuming china has huge tech advantages over NK.

The US army has automated killing to a large extent, and so needs fewer soldiers.  This was a side-effect of the budgetary constraints of five years ago.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
On 15/04/2017 at 9:47 AM, SNR said:

What would be the end game if Trump blew the crap out of North Korea?

Would Iran be next on his list?

You must have missed the other NK thread that Seeder had pooped in before this one. You could have expressed the same type of query's / sarcasm in Seeder's thread that you have made as your OP title.

Basically, I find it a little irritating having to bounce from one NK thread to an other...either to post or read what folk here are saying.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrimsonKing
1 hour ago, SNR said:

No American president has ever authorised military action on North Korea.

You said "we havn't fired anything anywhere" when responding to someone about a ceasefire with NK...when in fact yes we have,we just havn't in 60+ years ;)

Matters not if it was authorized anymore or not,military action took place and none ever claimed victory or defeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrimsonKing
9 minutes ago, Astra. said:

You must have missed the other NK thread that Seeder had pooped in before this one. You could have expressed the same type of query's / sarcasm in Seeder's thread that you have made as your OP title.

Basically, I find it a little irritating having to bounce from one NK thread to an other...either to post or read what folk here are saying.

NK threads,Syria threads,...blah

That's how i felt with the 5-10 daily Trump threads for months on end :lol:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
coolguy

north koreas missle test failed to nite, they wont start any wars cause our navy and airfoce can wipe them out with out even sending troops there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
2 hours ago, SNR said:

Technically we haven't fired anything anyway so where does a ceasefire come into it?

Yikes!  Maybe do a little research, see 1950-1953.  Here, I'll help you  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_War

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrimsonKing
9 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Yikes!  Maybe do a little research, see 1950-1953.  Here, I'll help you  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_War

I'm willing to bet anyone who participated in the battle for the Chosin reservoir considered it a REAL war! ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
5 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I'm willing to bet anyone who participated in the battle for the Chosin reservoir considered it a REAL war! ;)

Yes, expecially General Chesty Puller.  "We'e surrounded, that solves the problem."

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
Just now, Merc14 said:

Yes, especially General Chesty Puller.  "We're surrounded, that solves the problem."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Likely Guy
8 hours ago, fred_mc said:

Unfortunately, there is a lunatic with nuclear weapons in the White House as well. Many people feared that Trump would win the presidential elections, at least here in Sweden. They couldn't imagine such a lunatic to be in control of the US nuclear weapons, and now it is a fact that he is in control.

I still give great faith in the less lunatical* within this or any other US administration. That branch is hamstrung, by design, without outside support. What I like about the American system is that there is an extra layer of "checks and balances".

It's a messy system of governance, as imperfect as any of the best. Still, any form of democracy is better than the alternative.

*lunatical is the new word of the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.