Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
imrunningthismonkeyfarm

Is North Korea really a problem?

875 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

imrunningthismonkeyfarm
9 hours ago, Astra. said:

You must have missed the other NK thread that Seeder had pooped in before this one. You could have expressed the same type of query's / sarcasm in Seeder's thread that you have made as your OP title.

Basically, I find it a little irritating having to bounce from one NK thread to an other...either to post or read what folk here are saying.

Go away then. No one asked you to post or even read this thread and yes I missed seeders post. Sarcasm wasn't used just valid questions. Answer them or leave but don't use this thread to score brownie points from your loyal fans.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker

Scoring brownie points is one of the BEST reasons to post on UM, IMHO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
1 hour ago, bee said:

.

that's all anyone needs not just Kimmy - funny how it's never happened though isn't it - it can't be for the want of trying -

or the want of wanting .. the West isn't exactly short of enemies who would do it in a heartbeat if they could - ??

.

Point well made, only one minor detail ... Kimmy has all the ingredients for a dirty bomb and he's just next to three of the main pillars of the current global Economic pillars, China, Japan and kinsmen South Korea ... knock out any one of those three and things goes sideways in a very bad way, he is just too full of himself to resort to that kind of low level tactics ... so far ... all or nothing tactics only serves him a plate full of incentives ...

Edited by third_eye
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
36 minutes ago, SNR said:

Go away then. No one asked you to post or even read this thread and yes I missed seeders post. Sarcasm wasn't used just valid questions. Answer them or leave but don't use this thread to score brownie points from your loyal fans.

Sheesh!...take it easy Daffy :rolleyes:

Oh, just to add...I meant 'popped' in not 'pooped' in....Sorry Seeder :lol:

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
27 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Scoring brownie points is one of the BEST reasons to post on UM, IMHO.

:tsu:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
imrunningthismonkeyfarm

I see talk about how North Korea is or will soon be capable or hitting Europe and the U.S. and talk about how they could put a nuclear device on a boat and all that crap. We've been hearing the same old tosh we've been hearing for decades. If the real threat is from the likes of Russia, Iran and North Korea then why hasn't anything already happened? Whereas the Saudi's (who do have a nuclear arsenal and are arming themselves to the teeth with US and UK military hardware) are and have been knowingly supporting ISIS. There is also good evidence Turky supports ISIS. But the focus is on N Korea.

Remember how much of a threat Iraq's WMD's were? Look at Iraq now. Remember how nasty Gaddaffi was? Look at Libya now!!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
4 hours ago, bee said:

.

no probs - in all honesty though I was a teeny weeny bit serious as well as being flippant because we could do without
all this fear of nuclear war being stoked up -- one of the main UK newspapers yesterday had the headlines
in BIG letters .... WE ARE ON THE BRINK OF NUCLEAR WAR ...... now that can really scare people and bring them
down --- and put them right off their Easter Eggs.... :innocent:

Hi Bee! Usually agree with you, but this time, I'm not sure. Nuclear and Atomic are two different animals, and as I look at the situation now, I don't think we need a nuclear accident anymore than we need a nuclear attack. I'm sure China wouldn't appreciate Kim blowing up N. Korea, which is right on their border. Kim is totally irrational and China has said something needs to be done before the situation becomes unmanageable. If they move troops, it will be to protect that border more so than to back Kim. I think they realize how dangerous this situation has become. If Kim sends a nuke to S. Korea, there's gonna be really big booms going on.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
imrunningthismonkeyfarm
10 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Yikes!  Maybe do a little research, see 1950-1953.  Here, I'll help you  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_War

It seems we have a historian among us! Merc isn't Google wonderful.. All this knowledge at your fingertips.. Thanks for the help.

I was repeating what they'd said on the news.. BBC.. "No U.S. president has ever authorised military action on North Korea".

It seems I was lied to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
imrunningthismonkeyfarm
43 minutes ago, susieice said:

Hi Bee! Usually agree with you, but this time, I'm not sure. Nuclear and Atomic are two different animals, and as I look at the situation now, I don't think we need a nuclear accident anymore than we need a nuclear attack. I'm sure China wouldn't appreciate Kim blowing up N. Korea, which is right on their border. Kim is totally irrational and China has said something needs to be done before the situation becomes unmanageable. If they move troops, it will be to protect that border more so than to back Kim. I think they realize how dangerous this situation has become. If Kim sends a nuke to S. Korea, there's gonna be really big booms going on.

If Kim sends a Nuke to Korea ?

Sorry?? Kim has specifically said the Nukes are for defence. We have a right along with all the others but they don't? No sane man on earth would want a war he couldn't possibly win.. But he's not sane you say?

It's propaganda that brainwashed all of us how bad all these "unstable" "despot" "dictator" etc Leaders/States are. All I see is a country that are behind their leader and are very proud of it. They show us on the News the defectors and how there's no democracy but take a good look at the democratic system of our countries. We are far from perfect.

The Saudi's have a far worse human rights record than N Korea if that was another card that was about to be played.

i'd rather have a "Despot" whose open in saying "don't **** with me"  and has kept themselves to themselves than a "Snake" whose intentions are to spread religious hatred across the globe or another U.S. president who's another control freak trying to rule the world.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice

Time tells all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
imrunningthismonkeyfarm
3 hours ago, third_eye said:

All lil Kimmy boy needs is a dirty bomb or two ... in the right place and right time the whole world will be knocked sideways and decades to set up straight again, if ever ...

~

The difference is Kimmy boy clearly isn't planning this or he would have put all his resources into exactly that instead of building a huge defence system at the cost of billions. But if we're to believe what we've been told all these years then IRAN, ISIS and quite a few of the other Muslim groups would love this to happen.

How many North Koreans have driven a HGV into a crowd lately? Or massacred tens of thousands of innocents across the world? No that's the job of Islamic fundamentals and U.S. Government and its allies.

The real threat isn't and never was North Korea.

 

Edited by SNR
Typo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
3 minutes ago, SNR said:

The real threat isn't and never was North Korea.

Welcome to my world ...

~

 

 

~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
imrunningthismonkeyfarm

Also, if the U.S. have had nuclear weapons for over 70 years what's the problem? Surely N Koreas nuclear weapons and their delivery systems are way behind what the West have. You wouldn't throw a single stone at someone who lives in a gravel pit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice

Where does it say the US is planning a nuclear attack on N. Korea? The Navy is in position with conventional missiles "in case" Kim does make a launch. Why is that unusual? The US has been in S. Korea since the 1950's. We also have a large presence throughout Southeast Asia. That's no big surprise to no one.

China and Russia have also had nuclear weapons for decades. No one has so openly flaunted them until now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
imrunningthismonkeyfarm
3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Welcome to my world ...

~

 

 

~

Funny.. I thought I'd written more than that. You're trying to use up my data aren't you? I won't watch it more propaganda no doubt.

And as you rightly said "your world".. Your window. But I must say.. Have you moved home?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
2 minutes ago, SNR said:

Funny.. I thought I'd written more than that. You're trying to use up my data aren't you? I won't watch it more propaganda no doubt.

And as you rightly said "your world".. Your window. But I must say.. Have you moved home?

You are still stuck in that school yard kiddie playground mentality ...

Recent " My World " and NOrth Korea : Google links

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
imrunningthismonkeyfarm
2 minutes ago, susieice said:

Where does it say the US is planning a nuclear attack on N. Korea? The Navy is in position with conventional missiles "in case" Kim does make a launch. Why is that unusual? The US has been in S. Korea since the 1950's. We also have a large presence throughout Southeast Asia. That's no big surprise to no one.

China and Russia have also had nuclear weapons for decades. No one has so openly flaunted them until now.

Trump has said "We have very powerful submarines, much more powerful than the aircraft carrier" 

Now we all know what he meant.

Yes they have been there since the 50's after the UN devided Korea into North and South.

Its no big surprise correct and no coincidence that Pence's visit to S Korea although planned in advance co insides with the most important day of the year for the N Koreans.

And if you watch the video on YouTube.. Every nuclear explosion since the beginning (don't know the name of the video but it's amazing) you'll see who was flaunting.  Watch it. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice

I think most Americans already know that no matter what happens, we're gonna hear about it. Don't know how this will all go down. Will have to wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
imrunningthismonkeyfarm
32 minutes ago, third_eye said:

You are still stuck in that school yard kiddie playground mentality ...

Recent " My World " and NOrth Korea : Google links

Whatever.

If I tell you how great England is from my perspective after living here for 40+ years would you listen or suck it up from someone disgruntled?

Or would you go with my first line assuming I'm not lieing?

See you don't know if its great or not now do you?

To some it's the greatest place on earth but some would strongly disagree.

Try watching a ad on how beautiful a certain country is and look for a slum or a tramp? 

Propaganda mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilly
4 hours ago, DieChecker said:

 

Mr Cathie said he noticed that the speed of light, the local gravity and the Earth Magnetic field all were involved in all nuclear weapons tests. Well, yeah, because those affect almost every single energy transfer here on Earth, not just nuclear weapons tests, and things like household electricity don't depend on geographic location, or time of day, or anything else.... Physics works everywhere, all the same, all the time. 

EDIT: Well.. everywhere, all the same, all the time... In our frame of reference anyway. Not next to a black hole for example...

Well said, an atomic bomb (if assembled correctly and with proper detonation) will go off regardless of the position of the Sun, Moon, Jupiter...whatever.

Here's a link with a good explanation: http://www.atomicheritage.org/history/science-behind-atom-bomb

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MWoo7
On 4/14/2017 at 6:07 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I honestly don't think China wants anything to do with North Korea beyond using it to annoy America.

over there giggling, throwing parties, |" oh that boy never disappoints!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spud the mackem

Is Kim bluffing ? he is certainly trying and maybe succeeding to wind up America,his threats appear almost daily that he is going to launch missiles to Japan , Sth Korea and America and other Countries ,at the moment China is sitting on the sidelines but even they are getting sick of him, and he knows that if he does the launch , his country will immediately be turned into Glass . I don't think he will launch any thing at anyone ,he just wants attention like a kid in a school yard who has a new toy.Maybe we should call his bluff and see his hand before its too late and the world becomes a ball of irradiated cinders where only cockroaches rule.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnchorSteam
4 hours ago, SNR said:

It seems we have a historian among us! Merc isn't Google wonderful.. All this knowledge at your fingertips.. Thanks for the help.

I was repeating what they'd said on the news.. BBC.. "No U.S. president has ever authorised military action on North Korea".

It seems I was lied to.

And lied to us in turn.

The thread is about North Korea, or so I thought, but you have brought up the Muddle East half a dozen times on this one page. 

Look, we know your angle is to support and cover for lil' Kim, but how about minimizing the side-tracking and the routine of dodge & justify by blaming America for everything?

Edited by AnchorSteam
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
imrunningthismonkeyfarm
1 hour ago, AnchorSteam said:

And lied to us in turn.

The thread is about North Korea, or so I thought, but you have brought up the Muddle East half a dozen times on this one page. 

Look, we know your angle is to support and cover for lil' Kim, but how about minimizing the side-tracking and the routine of dodge & justify by blaming America for everything?

I clearly hit a nerve.

It is about N Korea but show me a thread where it doesn't go off track?

I haven't supported or covered for lil' Kim once and bother to read almost all my previous posts regarding America and you'll find I supported Trump especially when he said he wanted to get on with Russia. The truth is he's the same as if not worse than the rest. 

And yes although I have always enjoyed American films and culture and generally liked America/Americans I do believe the last few presidents have been warmongers. Live in denial all you want it's your fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.