Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia’s new robot practices target shooting

Still Waters

"We are not creating a terminator"... the guns totally have nothing to do with nothing... it's just a test... nothing to see here. Yeah, right... then why did it say something that sounded suspiciously like, "Ya vernus", before it rode off in the jeep?

• Like 2

On 4/16/2017 at 9:18 AM, danielost said:

it is also from the 1950s a movie or serious.

True! The Star Trek holodeck robot was designed after a robot from a 1940s movie. 

The character was heavily influenced by a Robot used in several Republic serials from the 1940s. His most famous appearance is in the film Zombies of the Stratosphere, where he battles a Captain Proton-like hero named Commando Cody.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Satan's_Robot

• Like 1

On 4/17/2017 at 10:14 AM, paperdyer said:

Sort of reminds me of the robot from the 1950's movie Tobar.  This may not have been the title, but the Robot was named Tobar.  It used to play periodically on a Philly channel when I was a kid.  Simple and kind of stupid, but I liked it when I was a kid.

Can we call the new Russian Robot Rambot?

I was looking up what a Tobar robot looks like, and found like dozens of old style robots. It was pointed out on one site that Tobor is Robot spelled backwards, and was a common name given to generic robots of the time.

• Like 1