Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Orangeville UFO sighting reported to MUFON

UM-Bot

Well it wasn't camouflaged too well if this person saw it hovering and then distorting space.  Wait - Isn't that what the Klingon/Romulan cloaking screens do?  Call the UFP right now!

• Like 2

Gollygeewhillikers!  I can't wait to see the MUFON investigation that results from this.  Is it ready yet????  I mean already they have:
- no contact information for the witness
- only one anecdotal report devoid of anything but really basic information

..but, they have already dug up two (2, mark you!!!) other unrelated reports from this area, one from 2005, one from 2010.  Holy Cow, Orangeville is obviously the new Alien Central!

Dropping the lame attempt at humour (but keeping the cynicism) I wonder about an organisation that thinks an anonymous, contactless, vague, unevidenced report (most likely posted by some bored troll), is somehow worthy of mentioning..  If I ran the Zoo that is MUFON, the first thing we would do is set up a series of protocols for the proper gathering of *useful* data, and in particular, set down some rules about what is deemed worthy of further time (let alone investigation, let alone release to the media).

I get the strong impression from the report that anyone can anonymously lodge a sighting and that there is no attempt to prompt them for basic, obvious, important details.  Maybe this is the exception (anyone wanna bet...?) but from looking at this and other 'reports', quite frankly it appears MUFON don't even have the first clue about what to ask when someone makes a sighting (I can give you a list of about 20-30 questions..).  Nor do they have the first clue on how to verify that something may have been 'up there' (hint - meteorological agencies, nearby airports, police/security companies / cams, astronomers and astronomy clubs, nearby residents, night events, RC clubs, get local radio stations to put out a call for dashcam footage, etc...)

Really, MUFON?  Is this the best you can do, in today's society of unprecedented monitoring and surveillance of the skies, people with cameras in every pocket, and the amazing power of social media?  It's no wonder folks like me would not go near you, and do not take you even remotely seriously.  I'd love to see a high-ranked MUFON'er (where are you Roger Marsh?) have the cojones to front up to a forum like this one and talk about how they could lift their game out of the gutter...

G'won, ask me what I really think.. <_<