Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Peter Pan' gardens have solstice alignments

Still Waters

The pathways of the "Peter Pan" gardens in front of Kensington Palace in London were designed to align with the rising sun during the summer and winter solstices, a researcher had found.

Amelia Carolina Sparavigna, a physics professor at the Politecnico di Torino in Italy, discovered the alignments using a combination of satellite imagery and astronomical software.

British monarchs have used Kensington Palace as a residence since 1689; today, it's home to Prince William, his wife, Catherine Middleton, and their children, as well as Prince Harry and several other members of the royal family. 

http://www.livescience.com/58706-solstice-alignments-discovered-peter-pan-gardens.html

• Like 4

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince George and Princess Charlotte live in the four-storey, 20-room Apartment 1A within the palace, formerly the residence of Princess Margaret, the Queen's late sister.

Until recently, the Chief of the Defence Staff also lived in a part of the palace.

Edited by Black Monk

Wherever you live the solstice will reach you, there's no escaping it... :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Wherever you live the solstice will reach you, there's no escaping it... :ph34r:

Unless you live in the polar regions, of course.

9 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

Unless you live in the polar regions, of course.

Well I'm not gonna bother checking but I'm pretty sure even the polar regions will have a shortest and longest day :sleepy:

On 20/04/2017 at 0:56 PM, taniwha said:

Well I'm not gonna bother checking but I'm pretty sure even the polar regions will have a shortest and longest day :sleepy:

Not really. The poles experience either six months of continuous darkness or six months of continuous daylight.

Edited by Black Monk

WHich brings up the question ... what in the world was Polar Bear T-Rex doing there ...

~