Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The death of free speech

and-then

The Monroe Doctrine-

http://www.archive.org/stream/monroedoctrineal00unit/monroedoctrineal00unit_djvu.txt

The real problem as I see it is that Americans are constantly bombarded with anti-US propaganda, we are told we just won't fit in with the "International Community" (whatever the hell that actually is) unless we hate ourselves and to unlimited penance for having been arrogant enough to be born here.

No joke, every concession and bit of appeasement only leads to demands for more, with no limit ever stated.

We are at the point here it has become incredibly boring, and anything pro-American is interesting because it is such a rare and peculiar thing. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

The Monroe Doctrine-

http://www.archive.org/stream/monroedoctrineal00unit/monroedoctrineal00unit_djvu.txt

The real problem as I see it is that Americans are constantly bombarded with anti-US propaganda, we are told we just won't fit in with the "International Community" (whatever the hell that actually is) unless we hate ourselves and to unlimited penance for having been arrogant enough to be born here.

No joke, every concession and bit of appeasement only leads to demands for more, with no limit ever stated.

We are at the point here it has become incredibly boring, and anything pro-American is interesting because it is such a rare and peculiar thing. 

An unengaged America is NOT a good thing as we can see from the last 8 years of our Dear Leader Obama's "America leading from behind" doctrine.  The results were disastrous. 

• Like 1

It appears Ann Coulter is no longer being invited (by campus conservatives) to speak at UC Berkeley: http://college.usatoday.com/2017/04/26/ann-coulter-cancels-berkeley-speech-after-losing-conservative-groups-support/

Interesting as the mainstream news is saying that Ms Coulter "cancelled" her speech, which isn't really accurate. Whatever the cooked up explanation the end result is that any speech not in agreement with UC Berkeley's liberal left stance isn't going to take place.

So, Berkeley was the birthplace of modern free speech and now it's the death bed of  modern free speech. Way to go Berkeley.

When you seek to silence someone it's because you fear what they will say. If what they say is ridiculous nonsense then why fear it? From my personal experience silencing others is usually a method of making sure no one looks critically at what you're saying.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lilly said:

It appears Ann Coulter is no longer being invited (by campus conservatives) to speak at UC Berkeley: http://college.usatoday.com/2017/04/26/ann-coulter-cancels-berkeley-speech-after-losing-conservative-groups-support/

Interesting as the mainstream news is saying that Ms Coulter "cancelled" her speech, which isn't really accurate. Whatever the cooked up explanation the end result is that any speech not in agreement with UC Berkeley's liberal left stance isn't going to take place.

So, Berkeley was the birthplace of modern free speech and now it's the death bed of  modern free speech. Way to go Berkeley.

When you seek to silence someone it's because you fear what they will say. If what they say is ridiculous nonsense then why fear it? From my personal experience silencing others is usually a method of making sure no one looks critically at what you're saying.

Truly shameful and they didn't just silence it through protest, they silenced it through  threatening even more violence than the last physical assaults.  Very telling that Antifa doesn't see the irony of their stance.  

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Truly shameful and they didn't just silence it through protest, they silenced it through  threatening even more violence than the last physical assaults.  Very telling that Antifa doesn't see the irony of their stance.  

There is a very profound irony here. Most people aren't old enough to remember the late 60s early 70s when Berkeley stood as the bastion of free speech. I'm utterly appalled that this is what it has now come to.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lilly said:

it wont kill free speech, but it may kill berkeley itself

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, aztek said:

it wont kill free speech, but it may kill berkeley itself

This isn't just happening at Berkeley, it is all over the place.  Every Trump rally had its crowd of professional anarchists, paid by far left PACs, attacking and abusing people who simply wanted to attend the event.  Now many republican townhalls are shouted down and conservative audiences subjected to physical violence. 

• Like 1

Portland anarchists have successfully shut down the Portland Rose parade after threats were made for violent protests.  The reason is the republican party was participating.

from the article: http://www.gopusa.com/?p=23504?omhide=true

At least two protests were planned for the day of the parade, one by Oregon Students Empowered and another by Direct Action Alliance. Both events were mentioned in an email sent to parade organizers on Saturday, threatening to shut down the event with hundreds of protesters in the street.

“You have seen how much power we have downtown and that the police cannot stop us from shutting down roads so please consider your decision wisely,” the anonymous email said, telling organizers they could cancel the Republican group’s registration or else face action from protesters. “This is non-negotiable.”

The parade is organized by the 82nd Avenue of Roses Business Association, a part of the neighborhood business organization Venture Portland. Representatives from neither organization returned calls for comment.

How ridiculous is this?  The feds need to step in and begin arresting and prosecuting these animals.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Portland anarchists have successfully shut down the Portland Rose parade after threats were made for violent protests.  The reason is the republican party was participating.

At least two protests were planned for the day of the parade, one by Oregon Students Empowered and another by Direct Action Alliance. Both events were mentioned in an email sent to parade organizers on Saturday, threatening to shut down the event with hundreds of protesters in the street.

“You have seen how much power we have downtown and that the police cannot stop us from shutting down roads so please consider your decision wisely,” the anonymous email said, telling organizers they could cancel the Republican group’s registration or else face action from protesters. “This is non-negotiable.”

The parade is organized by the 82nd Avenue of Roses Business Association, a part of the neighborhood business organization Venture Portland. Representatives from neither organization returned calls for comment.

How ridiculous is this?  The feds need to step in and begin arresting and prosecuting these animals.

Wonder where the ACLU is? Why aren't they protecting free speech in Berkeley or Portland?

5 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Thanks for posting that. You saved me the time and trouble of a Google search, as I thought about the extortionists before I saw your post. The extortionists also threatened to remove "fascist" marchers from the parade route, which sounds like a crime to this layman. They're definitely not winning friends, but they're influencing people....to turn against them.

48 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Thanks for posting that. You saved me the time and trouble of a Google search, as I thought about the extortionists before I saw your post. The extortionists also threatened to remove "fascist" marchers from the parade route, which sounds like a crime to this layman. They're definitely not winning friends, but they're influencing people....to turn against them.

I agree, the bulk of the "everyday" democrats aren't into this far left garbage.  The new DNC Chairman is getting booed off stage as he rants and curses and the leadership are all over the age of 70 and thoroughly corrupt.  Some are looking to Obama who oversaw the utter destruction of the democrat party during his failed 8 years.  The only enemy of the republican party are the pussies running the republican party and they are fully capable of losing to even these lunatics.  

• Like 2

Islam

Why does every member of Antifa look like a Terrorist, Soros

Testing my freedom of speach

Edited by The Silver Thong

2 hours ago, The Silver Thong said:

Islam

Why does every member of Antifa look like a Terrorist, Soros

Testing my freedom of speach

What? Expecting your own personal black ops helicopter?

21 hours ago, aztek said:

ANTIFA is a misnomer,  they are not anti-fascist, they actually ARE fascists.

Exactly, modern Fascism can be on the far right or on the far left.  This ANTIFA  group are simply far left Fascists.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, hatecraft said:

I guess the fascists won this round. 

Not really. There was dialog . It was great ! Gavin from rebel news did her speech and well look for yourselves...

eta

both sides are starting to have actual dialog, which was so nice to see.

Edited by Ellapennella
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Not really. There was dialog . It was great ! Gavin from rebel news did her speech and well look for yourselves...

eta

both sides are starting to have actual dialog, which was so nice to see.

The antifa organizers are not interested in dialog, they are being paid to create havoc.  The folks talking there are likely just students but never doubt that the Soros paid thugs will be back.  What I want to know is how they are getting away with fomenting violence and why the feds are not actively punishing Soros for paying these animals to attack people.

• Like 2

Just now, Merc14 said:

.  What I want to know is how they are getting away with fomenting violence and why the feds are not actively punishing Soros for paying these animals to attack people.

The same reason Trump isnt prosecuting Hillary. Oligarchs don't do that to each other. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

The same reason Trump isnt prosecuting Hillary. Oligarchs don't do that to each other. 

Well Trump doesn't prosecute people as he is the president and I wouldn't assume that Hill and Bill are safe from prosecution although I have no way of knowing.  I would guess that Sessions put his #2 guy in charge of the various cases against the Clinton Crime Family and the FBI is busily gathering the evidence so it is an open and shut deal. 

Just now, Merc14 said:

Well Trump doesn't prosecute people as he is the president and I wouldn't assume that Hill and Bill are safe from prosecution although I have no way of knowing.  I would guess that Sessions put his #2 guy in charge of the various cases against the Clinton Crime Family and the FBI is busily gathering the evidence so it is an open and shut deal. 

I will GLADLY do a mea culpa if thats the case. 

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I will GLADLY do a mea culpa if thats the case. 

I hear ya, those two have, literally, gotten away with murder and it is NOT good for this country that a certain group of people are apparently above the law.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

The antifa organizers are not interested in dialog, they are being paid to create havoc.  The folks talking there are likely just students but never doubt that the Soros paid thugs will be back.  What I want to know is how they are getting away with fomenting violence and why the feds are not actively punishing Soros for paying these animals to attack people.

They're going to get washed out, people are starting to have open dialog . At about 32.min  in the video  is a good point to take a peek .From there on if anyone is interested people start talking from both sides. The annoying trouble makers are going to fade away.

• Like 1