Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Happens if N Korea Does Use Nukes?

Lilly

And here I sit, within easy reach, in a target rich environment.

Supposedly we have missile defense systems that are suppose to be able to shoot misses down before they hit us.

Lucky we have never had to put them to the test though 

Looking forward to seeing lil Kimmie's humiliated face when they capture him alive. The disbelief, the fear...

SaddamSpiderHole.jpg

For all Trump's faults, he may go down in history as the President that stopped ISIS and liberated North Korea. :huh:

Spoiler

We are definitely living in a simulation.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

Looking forward to seeing lil Kimmie's humiliated face when they capture him alive. The disbelief, the fear...

SaddamSpiderHole.jpg

For all Trump's faults, he may go down in history as the President that stopped ISIS and liberated North Korea. :huh:

Reveal hidden contents

That would be something spectacular in our generation.  Why do people keep saying that we're U.S.A is  Isis? We're U.S.A is not Isis.

Edited by Ellapennella

If the improbable happened and Kim Jong-un was actually stupid enough to lob a nuke at the US, North Korea would become a nuclear wasteland whether surrounding countries like it or not. The concern of civilian casualties would most likely be non-existent.

If such a thing ever does happen, let's hope that it hits someplace in remote Alaska or off the coast of Hawaii. So then we could make a clean invasion and make North Korea and South Korea whole again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hi-NRG Eurobeat Man said:

If the improbable happened and Kim Jong-un was actually stupid enough to lob a nuke at the US, North Korea would become a nuclear wasteland whether surrounding countries like it or not. The concern of civilian casualties would most likely be non-existent.

If such a thing ever does happen, let's hope that it hits someplace in remote Alaska or off the coast of Hawaii. So then we could make a clean invasion and make North Korea and South Korea whole again. 

I was just wondering that, if they would be one.

NK have no working nuke infact they can't seem launch anything.

• Like 1

They'd be shot down, followed by North Korea being told "in ten minutes were coming for you" five minutes later MOABs as far as the eye can see.

11 hours ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

NK have no working nuke infact they can't seem launch anything.

I believe your right about both. I don't think NK has produced a bomb small enough to put on top of a rocket, and don't have a rocket to deliver it anywhere. 

It's my guess that the US has something to do with the NK rockets not making it 50 feet off the launch pad before they blow-up, so even if they could put a nuke on one, it would most likely be destroyed before it ever left the ground.

Let's hope that is the case.

15 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

SaddamSpiderHole.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Hey look a trophy from our early ventures into war crimes. ^^  What's next are you gonna post pics from Abu Graib and talk about how you cant wait to see the same happen to Koreans? Go Murca!!! 

Edited by Farmer77

4 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Hey look a trophy from our early ventures into war crimes. ^^  What's next are you gonna post pics from Abu Graib and talk about how you cant wait to see the same happen to Koreans? Go Murca!!! 

I needed a picture for reference and Saddam's capture is pretty much how I picture Lil Kim's. Surgical removal.

I agree that not of all "Murrica's" conquests were a net positive but liberating North Korea is something we ALL can get behind. It's objectively a horrible situation complete with brainwashing and slave camps. An argument could have been made for leaving Saddam in power but there is no argument in any camp that can support leaving Kim Jung Un alone. Enough is enough.

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

I needed a picture for reference and Saddam's capture is pretty much how I picture Lil Kim's. Surgical removal.

I agree that not of all "Murrica's" conquests were a net positive but liberating North Korea is something we ALL can get behind. It's objectively a horrible situation complete with brainwashing and slave camps. An argument could have been made for leaving Saddam in power but there is no argument in any camp that can support leaving Kim Jung Un alone. Enough is enough.

I would say the millions killed by his army's instant reaction to any incursions by a foreign power make a pretty compelling argument to leave him alone, militarily anyways. 

IDK I certainly wouldnt have to be the one to make the decision but said decision certainly seems to be arbitrary at this point.  

• Like 2

On 4/22/2017 at 5:28 AM, Ellapennella said:

That would be something spectacular in our generation.  Why do people keep saying that we're U.S.A is  Isis? We're U.S.A is not Isis.

As long as there is no cost to your own Seoul, right?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

As long as there is no cost to your own Seoul, right?

I don't understand what you are trying to say, can you please explain what it is that you are trying to say because you have not answered the question that you quoted.

There's been three topics in this forum, that covers Asia and Oceania, about the military cababilities of North Korea. The benchmark has been whether, or not, NK can detonate a weapons on USA soil.

Clearly, NK pose no risk to USA.

However, the is a target - larger than New York City - well within NK's reach

In this game of 'who blinks first' - SK might have to lose than anyone.

The real question is how many lives is KJU's head worth?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Clearly, NK pose no risk to USA.

Who gave you your classified briefing?  Or do you just imagine it to be so because, America?  Fortunately, you aren't calling the shots, as they say.

On 4/21/2017 at 1:12 PM, Lilly said:

I just came across this interesting article: http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/14/what-would-happen-if-kim-jong-un-launched-a-nuclear-strike/

I sure as Hell hope that Lil' Kim is just spouting off BS...but who knows for sure.

I think the biggest danger is shorter range rockets fired at Seoul. Patriot batteries could take out many but the system could get saturated.  The bigger stuff, if it could successfully launch to begin with, is vulnerable to THAAD and the SM-3 

• Like 3

Just now, Merc14 said:

I think the biggest danger is shorter range rockets fired at Seoul. Patriot batteries could take out many but the system could get saturated.  The bigger stuff, if it could successfully launch to begin with, is vulnerable to THAAD and the SM-3 

I agree Seoul stands to lose the most in this interaction. Would a (or many) sea-whiz be able to knock down the shorter range rockets/artillery? 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I agree Seoul stands to lose the most in this interaction. Would a (or many) sea-whiz be able to knock down the shorter range rockets/artillery? 

Not really, CIWS is a very short range weapon system, it's built for the terminal phase and rips the target apart which would fling debris all over the place and also throw thousands of rounds into the surrounding area.  Not a big deal with a steel hulled ship at sea but pretty disastrous results in a crowded city, plus you'd have to ring the city in the things.  Remember, a ship at sea is a small target to protect and you only need a couple CIWS to cover it, a city is miles around, you'd need, literally, tens of thousands to be effective.  

The best solution would be the Iron Dome system from Israel.  It was designed for this scenario and has been very effective and I know Israel has offered it  but not sure why the South hasn't installed a few along the border. I'd of thought they'd have taken them up on the offer.  I think Israel has shot down thousands of rockets and mortar shells with Iron Dome.

• Like 3

Just now, Merc14 said:

Not really, CIWS is a very short range weapon system, it's built for the terminal phase and rips the target apart which would fling debris all over the place and also throw thousands of rounds into the surrounding area.  Not a big deal with a steel hulled ship at sea but pretty disastrous results in a crowded city, plus you'd have to ring the city in the things.  Remember, a ship at sea is a small target to protect and you only need a couple CIWS to cover it, a city is miles around, you'd need, literally, tens of thousands to be effective.  

The best solution would be the Iron Dome system from Israel.  It was designed for this scenario and has been very effective and I know Israel has offered it  but not sure why the South hasn't installed a few along the border. I'd of thought they'd have taken them up on the offer.  I think Israel has shot down thousands of rockets and mortar shells with Iron Dome.

Ok that makes sense. Thanks! 

15 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

They had a version of this in Iraq in the Green Zone / VBC area, for mortars

• Like 2

On 4/25/2017 at 4:29 AM, and then said:

...  Or do you just imagine it to be so because, America?  ...

Because, North Korea is so far behind curve when compared to America.

In March 2016 Pentagon spokesman Peter Cook said the US had not seen North Korea demonstrate an ability to miniaturise a warhead. Two days later Adm Bill Gortney, the officer responsible for defending US air space, told a Senate panel it was "prudent" to assume that Pyongyang could strike the US, despite the intelligence community giving it "a very low probability of success".

Prof Siegfried S Hecker of Stanford University, a highly authoritative voice on North Korea's weapons' development, says "we must assume that the DPRK has designed and demonstrated nuclear warheads that can be mounted on some of its short-range and perhaps medium-range missiles".

Writing in September 2016, he said Pyongyang's ability to field an intercontinental ballistic missile fitted with a nuclear warhead capable of reaching the US was "still a long way off - perhaps 5 to 10 years, but likely doable if the programme is unconstrained".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-pacific-11813699

This articles estimates a development cycle similar to the Popular Mechanics article cited earlier in this thread. And that seems to not factor in the USA defense systems.

Lockheed Martin says of THAAD...

1431539692094.jpg

Because America?  Sure, why not?  Like Dave Letterman said to Trump in 1988:

The United States is and always has been a winner for my money, Don

However, I was really referring to the current tensions.  I don't think a nuclear confrontation is imminent.  However, Seoul might be most at risk now Kim Jong-un has his own Black Ships to deal with.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

I don't think a nuclear confrontation is imminent.

First, we cannot know this for a certainty.  Second, should we wait until they demonstrate such capability?  Finally, the gravest danger, by far, that NK could pose is to have a Hiroshima-scale or greater weapon that could be mated to a simple SCUD design that was able to be slipped in among the massive amounts of shipping from the east and launched to altitude and detonated.  No need for re-entry, no need for accuracy.  EMP could easily cause a cascading failure of our electrical grid.  A rational leader would refrain from such an act because he'd KNOW that he just signed his own death warrant.  This guy may actually believe that he's going to die anyway at the hands of China, SK or the US so why not?  I don't lose sleep over it, whatever is going to happen will happen but ignoring him is insane at this point.