Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

France goes to the polls

bee

8 minutes ago, bee said:

Thanks for that....!!!

I watched it in two sittings and it was brilliant -

If every person in France watched that video Marine le Pen would definitely win -

:tu:

.Which would make Putin and the Russian oligarchs very happy.  You people are obvious.

• Like 1

will France save itself or sacrifice itself for the EU project..?

I wonder what the ordinary people are talking about in their homes -

It seems to be a mirror of the US Presidential election where the cities with large immigrant populations and
so~called Progressives are going with Macron... and more towns and the rural areas are going with le Pen... 

It's hotting up ... literally ....there was TV footage last night of violent protests in the streets and riot police actually on fire
and their colleagues had to put them out..!...Sky news tried to say it was both sides to blame but I think it's probably like
in America when the '''''left wing'''' were the ones kicking up the most fuss.. I don't like to do the Left Right labels but not
sure how else to describe them,,?

If le Pen wins, France had better brace itself for a repeat of what happened in the US -- with all the media more or less
inciting violence with it's based coverage and  people out on the streets causing trouble --

• Like 1

@Frank Merton

some of us have got minds of our own and can't be manipulated  by the 'reds~under~the~beds' silliness you subscribe to, Merton -

you're obsessed..!!

For the record --- this is what you said but it got caught up in my quote... 

Merton said --

Which would make Putin and the Russian oligarchs very happy.  You people are obvious.

Edited by bee
  • Like 1

It appears that Russia is the bogeyman for ALL candidates who lose out to a popular vote (I use this to mean people who have won a democratic election). In this case it appears that Macron and the croney Politicos in France are preparing an excuse just in case they lose.

The full extent of any "interference" appears to be misinformation, which is always rife in an election, nothing to do with actually being able to stuff the Ballot boxes with illegal voting slips so just what are these people whingeing about? The electorate are seldom swayed by extreme claims to be the "2nd Coming" or "Alien Clones" etc.

Honestly? I hope Le Pen wins if only because Brexit was not enough of a wake-up call for the EU to reform. 

• Like 5

Coming to France very soon under Macron's leadership...

Germany Hit by Merkel's Imported Crime Wave

by Vijeta Uniyal  •  May 2, 2017 at 4:30 am

According to the Germany's annual crime report, compiled by the Federal Crime Bureau (BKA), there has been a more than 50% rise in migrant crime in the country compared to the year before.

They not only indulge in petty crime but have come to dominate serious and violent crime in Germany.

European mainstream media may keep on putting a positive spin on Merkel's "courageous" and "selfless" stance, but her policy continues to incur heavy economic, social and human cost, not only on Germany, but on the cultural future of European civilisation.

At the height of the European migrant crisis in early 2016, when masses of migrants were pouring into Europe, the German Green Party Chairwoman Katrin Göring-Eckardt could not control her joy. "We have just received an unexpected gift in the form of people," she told her fellow Germans, reminding them to be grateful. This gift, she said, was going to make the country "more religious, more colourful, more diverse and younger." It was gift, it turns out, that keeps on giving.

According to the country's annual crime report, compiled by the Federal Crime Bureau (BKA), there has been a more than 50% rise in migrant crime in the country compared to the year before.

...and

Germany's Federal Integration Commissioner and Merkel-confidant Aydan Özoguz is pushing for migrants to be granted voting rights similar to German citizens in any national referendum -- regardless of their legal status. According to an advisory report recently co-authored by Özoguz, "people who permanently live in a country should be able to participate in democratic decision making."

Özoguz, who helped shape Merkel's refugee policy of opening up Europe to millions of migrants from Arab and Muslim countries, with her proposal to grant voting rights to migrants, is creating a roadmap for a radical transform of Germany -- and by default that of the continental Europe

To offset the recent rise of right-wing political party, Alterative für Deutschland (AfD), the German political establishment sees the empowerment of such a vast new wave of migrants as a political counterweight.

Read more:

• Like 2

Just now, keithisco said:

Özoguz, who helped shape Merkel's refugee policy of opening up Europe to millions of migrants from Arab and Muslim countries, with her proposal to grant voting rights to migrants, is creating a roadmap for a radical transform of Germany -- and by default that of the continental Europe

To offset the recent rise of right-wing political party, Alterative für Deutschland (AfD), the German political establishment sees the empowerment of such a vast new wave of migrants as a political counterweight.

the above is a quote from the link --- it just beggars belief what politicians are willing to do to keep power and advantage -
even give the country away to any Tom Dick or Harry if they will vote for them -

Isn't that just what Blair's government did here - deliberately and irreversibly change the cultural and racial make up
of the country - for political advantage - 

which is what the globalists are aiming for - Merkel is part of it and the puppet Macron will try and do the same -  

I really hope le Pen wins - this is such a rerun of Brexit and the Trump election where all the media and the whole
weight of the establishment is against her --

• Like 3

On 4/24/2017 at 4:56 PM, keithisco said:

Macron v Le Penn televised debate on 3rd May - this could be decisive.

just a reminder that this is happening tomorrow 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bee said:

just a reminder that this is happening tomorrow 

TV5 Monde at 8pm!!

• Like 2

On 5/2/2017 at 5:51 AM, keithisco said:

It appears that Russia is the bogeyman for ALL candidates who lose out to a popular vote (I use this to mean people who have won a democratic election).

It's a bit more than a bogeyman in Le Pen's case, she actually went in Russia to met Putin last month, while campaigning for the presidency. But as I understand it, it is actually part of her appeal to her electors.

A few random articles about it:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/24/europe/putin-le-pen-kremlin/
https://euobserver.com/elections/137629
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/french-election-marine-le-pen-vladimir-putin-moscow-russia-a7647621.html
http://globalnews.ca/news/3332366/putin-marine-le-pen-kremlin/

From the last one:

Le Pen told reporters after the talks that the aim of her visit to Russia was not to boost her election chances, though her meeting with Putin is likely to go down well with her core supporters in France, many of whom admire the Russian leader’s conservative stance on social and moral issues.

Edited by Gingitsune
  • Like 1

The debate have been over for about 40 minutes now.

Very basically, Le Pen said Macron is the very definition of what's wrong with France, and try to paint him as the continuation of Holland; Macron said Le Pen has only lies and empty promises to offer.

They said before the debate that the current survey shows Macron with about 60% and Le Pen 40%. They also said there was about 18% undecided voter, which are older voters. Probably voter for the established parties who bit the dust in the first round. Will they vote Le Pen, will they vote Macron, will they bother to vote at all? We will know Sunday.

• Like 1

I was out earlier and didn't catch the live debate - but will see the highlights tomorrow -

saw a snippit on the news and it all looked pretty intense -

That was intense indeed, they were always talking on top of the other. If the voters want to know what they propose, they can check their program I guess. Le Pen looked less interested in selling her project than painting her counterpart as old politics in new politician and party. when she tried to promote her politics, she didn't seems to have a clear plan of where she is heading and how, above a few one-liners. She also accuse him of being responsible from things which happened before and after he was ministre de l'économie, and other things from Holland government which he has clearly no hands in. That could be detrimental to her.

Macron on the other hand had a good handle on his economic politics. Although he really comes out as strongly pro-EU and pro business, which could put him in trouble.

It was said they were bickering like an old couple. Also that the nuke codes will be safe in Macron's hands, he won't fire them at the first provocation or he would have been at Le Pen's throat within a few minutes. The host of the debate were the unanimous losers, they were unable to keep it on track.

Interestingly --- Obama has made what has been described as a 'last minute intervention'....

In support of Macron of course, because he, Obama, is from the same Stable - 

Now if Macron's lead is so unassailable why would he do this?...Obama's intervention in the Brexit debate
was more the kiss of death than a help because it annoyed people - and in the US Presidential election
Obama tried hard to swing it for Clinton but he didn't have the influence that was hoped for -

Now they have taken a risk and wheeled him out for the French election --- and he's not even President any more -

Is the result less definite than ALL the (controlled) media outlets are saying - they (MSM) said the same about
Brexit and Trump -- and the Bookies all had the Brexit Leave camp and Clinton as very short odds  -
they have the same for Macron, but obviously it doesn't mean much nowadays for these kind of betting events -

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/media/media-propaganda-machine-backs-macron/news-story/d9e25171545e114c6f05280d33845212

quotes from the above link...

“France will be led by a woman, either me or Mrs Merkel,” Le Pen said at one point, attempting to paint Macron as beholden to the German chancellor and the European Union.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Following the debate, Macron used a 10,000-strong rally in Paris to brand Le Pen’s eight million voters “hateful cowards” and “our true enemies”, in what right-wing news site Breitbart dubbed his “deplorables” moment.

Le Pen herself accused the media of “campaigning hysterically” in favour of Macron. “The media have chosen their candidate,” she told a rally in February. “They are campaigning hysterically for their darling.

Jason Stevenson, a financial analyst with Markets & Money, has tipped a Le Pen victory despite the odds being stacked against her. “Macron has been endorsed by the political elite,” he wrote earlier this week.

“And, despite popular opinion, I’d say that’s a negative. The majority has been let down by their faceless leaders for far too long. If they vote for Macron, they are bound to know what they will get — more of the same.

If Le Pen gets into office joining Putin, Trump and May I can honestly say without any reservations that the worlds gone to chit.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

If Le Pen gets into office joining Putin, Trump and May I can honestly say without any reservations that the worlds gone to chit.

people, the General Public,  are rebelling against being treated like simpletons -

The French are a feisty and patriotic nation and they will be reluctant to sacrifice their country to keep the EU afloat, I think -

Macron isn't so much Big Brother --- as Little Brother doing what he's told ... IMO

2 minutes ago, bee said:

people, the General Public,  are rebelling against being treated like simpletons -

The French are a feisty and patriotic nation and they will be reluctant to sacrifice their country to keep the EU afloat, I think -

Macron isn't so much Big Brother --- as Little Brother doing what he's told ... IMO

Not your opinion as much as the one Putin would like to convince the French people of and so has his minions out there say it.  Macron will win unless they are able to pull something like what they did in the States.

9 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

Not your opinion as much as the one Putin would like to convince the French people of and so has his minions out there say it.  Macron will win unless they are able to pull something like what they did in the States.

that is such weak convoluted logic - like the French people are unable to assess what's going on and
what direction they want their country to go in ---

edit to add --- given the choice they now have regarding the candidates and what they represent -

Edited by bee

1 minute ago, bee said:

that is such weak convoluted logic - like the French people are unable to assess what's going on and
what direction they want their country to go in ---

edit to add --- given the choice they now have regarding the candidates and what they represent -

I see what I see.

2 hours ago, bee said:

LOL, yes the people don't like being treated as simpletons so as revenge they elect simpletons. But i do understand the ground swell that makes such candidates attractive. In the case of France, immigration is just nuts... same as the UK. Its a pity. Generally i believe the EU as a concept is good... just the execution was faulty. Anyway I'm heartened that Macron wants to address immigration and i think there will be a different EU. 

Just now, Captain Risky said:

LOL, yes the people don't like being treated as simpletons so as revenge they elect simpletons. But i do understand the ground swell that makes such candidates attractive. In the case of France, immigration is just nuts... same as the UK. Its a pity. Generally i believe the EU as a concept is good... just the execution was faulty. Anyway I'm heartened that Macron wants to address immigration and i think there will be a different EU. 

oh   ha.........ha....... :D

I think Macron will say anything and everything to get elected - but he is into the same stuff as Merkel with open door immigration
and open borders so not sure how he's going to address it...

Maybe his addressing it would be having MORE and MORE immigration because that's what the Globalist Agenda demands - :unsure2:

3 hours ago, bee said:

oh   ha.........ha....... :D

I think Macron will say anything and everything to get elected - but he is into the same stuff as Merkel with open door immigration
and open borders so not sure how he's going to address it...

Maybe his addressing it would be having MORE and MORE immigration because that's what the Globalist Agenda demands - :unsure2:

Surprisingly he is against the open door immigration policies of the EU... I predict the EU will grudgingly change tact. No one wants another brexit.

He certainly is no Le Pen when it comes to immigration. He's aligned with a globalist agenda which won't make you or brexiteers happy. But you never know... your horse may still come up. :P

20 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

I see what I see.

Have you see this?

I'm thinking that Communist rallies with industrial-strength pepper-spray, stun -Grenades and Molotovs being used to set Police on fire indicate a pretty serious problem, and that the same old Politicians aren't much good here.

And wailing about Putin isn't fooling anyone. So the Left has turned on Russia for the first time in 100 years, that is only because Putin is the only leader in Euyrope that isn't a Globalist. 

For now.... :D

• Like 2

It appears that Macron "party" emails have been hacked...Macron immediately called on the French Judiciary to block them being published in any media - of course the Courts have acquiesced to his demands.

For myself, I would like to see the content of these emails because they may contain some real "bombshells", and perhaps give a direct indication of his funding. Media in France are banned from publishing, and the Judges appear to have made a similar "request" to any nations that have large ex-pat French communities (i.e. UK, Canada). Hopefully this extra-juridical request from the Fremch Judiciary will be met with absolute compliance from the UK press:whistle:

• Like 2