Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

France goes to the polls

bee

4 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

I'm thinking that Communist rallies with industrial-strength pepper-spray, stun -Grenades and Molotovs being used to set Police on fire indicate a pretty serious problem, and that the same old Politicians aren't much good here.

And wailing about Putin isn't fooling anyone. So the Left has turned on Russia for the first time in 100 years, that is only because Putin is the only leader in Euyrope that isn't a Globalist. 

For now.... :D

Wailing about Putin is essential.  Otherwise his henchmen like yourself will dominate.

42 minutes ago, keithisco said:

It appears that Macron "party" emails have been hacked...Macron immediately called on the French Judiciary to block them being published in any media - of course the Courts have acquiesced to his demands.

For myself, I would like to see the content of these emails because they may contain some real "bombshells", and perhaps give a direct indication of his funding. Media in France are banned from publishing, and the Judges appear to have made a similar "request" to any nations that have large ex-pat French communities (i.e. UK, Canada). Hopefully this extra-juridical request from the Fremch Judiciary will be met with absolute compliance from the UK press:whistle:

damn I want to see the emails --- 

just the fact that they have been blocked from publication will send ripples of suspicion through the electorate though -
and they will obviously fear the worst and imagine all sorts of things that may or may not be true -

so even the knowledge that hacking has taken place and the publishing been blocked is in itself a bombshell..!!

the plot thickens 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

Have you see this?

I'm thinking that Communist rallies with industrial-strength pepper-spray, stun -Grenades and Molotovs being used to set Police on fire indicate a pretty serious problem, and that the same old Politicians aren't much good here.

And wailing about Putin isn't fooling anyone. So the Left has turned on Russia for the first time in 100 years, that is only because Putin is the only leader in Euyrope that isn't a Globalist. 

For now.... :D

I think the rioting and the egg throwing (at le Pen) ... will shift votes away from Macron --
and now the emails thing ---

this is going to go to the wire - 

(if anyone is vaguely interested .. :) ... I won't be around for a few days to comment on the election results)

Vive la France

46 minutes ago, bee said:

damn I want to see the emails --- 

just the fact that they have been blocked from publication will send ripples of suspicion through the electorate though -
and they will obviously fear the worst and imagine all sorts of things that may or may not be true -

so even the knowledge that hacking has taken place and the publishing been blocked is in itself a bombshell..!!

the plot thickens 

Ripples of suspicion to you, lies to me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

Ripples of suspicion to you, lies to me.

It's like the US thing all over again by the same hackers!

Macron said that some of his emails  have been altered and contain lies to create fake news on Facebook after France went dark to media commentaries on the election. 

Looks to me if their favored candidate wins they win. If Macron wins they will still create havoc for him and against the French Democracy so Russia hackers will still be successful in the  degradation of Macron if he wins.

At least the voters of France were warned more about fake news on social  media because of what happened in the US election. 

• Like 2

There's too many unknowns to jump to conclusions on this one yet. There's been no evidence of a link to Russia, other than from Macron himself, as far as I've read.

For anyone that still doesn't know what the furore is about, it's basically potential tax evasion:

Macron Document Leaker Releases New Images, Promises More Information

Wouldn't surprise me at all if there's truth to it, but as with anything like this, it's what you know, and what you can prove.

Edited by LV-426

7 hours ago, White Unicorn said:

It's like the US thing all over again by the same hackers!

Macron said that some of his emails  have been altered and contain lies to create fake news on Facebook after France went dark to media commentaries on the election. 

Looks to me if their favored candidate wins they win. If Macron wins they will still create havoc for him and against the French Democracy so Russia hackers will still be successful in the  degradation of Macron if he wins.

At least the voters of France were warned more about fake news on social  media because of what happened in the US election. 

Its definitely a deliberate attempt by unknown forces to influence another western election. We saw it in the U.S. and Britain and now France. Isolationism and an anti global agenda would only benefit Russia. So i blame Russia. I think that Macron is safe as his majority in the polls should take him across the line. Kudos to the French authorities for moving quickly on this.   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bee said:

I think the rioting and the egg throwing (at le Pen) ... will shift votes away from Macron --
and now the emails thing ---

this is going to go to the wire - 

(if anyone is vaguely interested .. :) ... I won't be around for a few days to comment on the election results)

Vive la France

Doesn't sound like the French to just throw a egg... surely they scrambled them with cream and chives before throwing them. :D

13 hours ago, keithisco said:

It appears that Macron "party" emails have been hacked...Macron immediately called on the French Judiciary to block them being published in any media - of course the Courts have acquiesced to his demands.

For myself, I would like to see the content of these emails because they may contain some real "bombshells", and perhaps give a direct indication of his funding. Media in France are banned from publishing, and the Judges appear to have made a similar "request" to any nations that have large ex-pat French communities (i.e. UK, Canada). Hopefully this extra-juridical request from the Fremch Judiciary will be met with absolute compliance from the UK press:whistle:

...we all know who's funding Le Pen. 

http://time.com/4627780/russia-national-front-marine-le-pen-putin/

13 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

Wailing about Putin is essential.  Otherwise his henchmen like yourself will dominate.

Did you just call me a Russian agent?:ph34r:

:lol: :rofl: :rolleyes:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

Did you just call me a Russian agent?:ph34r:

:lol: :rofl: :rolleyes:

He's kidding--Frank's Spetsnatz, on detached duty to Southeast Asia.

For the leak, it seems it comes from 4chan, probably trolling just for the sake of trolling (like making Kim Jung Un man of the year in the Time's yearly contest). It seems wikileaks have no hand into this, at least no initially.

It also seems there are a lot of real documents which came from hacking emails of the En Marche! party last February, but also a few "faux grossiers", obvious false documents, created a few days back with no attempt to hide this fact (come on 4chan, I know you can troll better. o.O ).

Will this help Le Pen? Will it make an "anyone but Le Pen" movement instead? Who knows.

They say that usually, participation is higher on second tour, but it could be less this time, with the absence of both of the two mainstream parties. Blank vote could be more prevalent than usual. But which of Le Pen or Macron this would advantage? We will know Sunday.

On 5/5/2017 at 3:37 AM, bee said:

Interestingly --- Obama has made what has been described as a 'last minute intervention'....

In support of Macron of course, because he, Obama, is from the same Stable - 

Now if Macron's lead is so unassailable why would he do this?...

Trump said he support Le Pen, the door is open for ex-presidents to do it as well...
http://www.politico.eu/article/trump-expresses-support-for-french-candidate-le-pen/

Obama will probably become another Bono, I'm afraid. ¬_¬

That being said there was a joke campaign for Obama to become president of France. They even had a petition to make it real.

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « obama président france »

But maybe Obama's staff didn't understand it was a joke...
There were also campaign for different cartoon characters:

396dd17c07b2bd60e2fcfd783d5c68b863913900
Image associée
affiches2017-humour.jpg

McDuck (who's named Picsou in French, something like penny robber), so McDuck state: "no false promises, I'll keep everything for myself". :D

And of course, Kaamelott's cast with their favorite quotes:

Percival: "It's not me who explain badly, it's the other who are stupid."
Résultats de recherche d'images pour « kaamelott election 2017 »

Léodagan: "burn down everything to restart on sane basis"
4b2.jpg

On 5/2/2017 at 3:15 PM, Frank Merton said:

Someone observed it's the same people with the same line and the same lies and absurdities.  There are maybe a dozen of them, and you see them over and over on certain threads while they ignore the rest of the board.

The problem is there are a few fools taken in, and to change the results of a truly democratic election usually require the changing of only about three percent of the vote.

In the American election it was hard to tell the true Republicans (although these had been around awhile and their fossilized views had been visible a long time) from these foreign or foreign-bought voices, who all appeared and all said much the same things, as out of a points list.

In the French election it is a little easier as the American Republicans have dropped out and only these trolls remain.  It has certainly alerted me to the danger we face, and I think a lot of people far more important than me, so the whole exercise in the end may well be counterproductive.  At least I hope so.

I love the fact Western political parties in elections are using "we've been hacked" - pesky Russians. :lol: hands up who's falling for it?

• Like 2

France officially surrendered to islam today. Such a shame. We should allow the 30 something % who voted with common sense to move here. Before the terrorist burn the place to the ground. Those are real refugees. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

France officially surrendered to islam today. Such a shame. We should allow the 30 something % who voted with common sense to move here. Before the terrorist burn the place to the ground. Those are real refugees. 

Too soon to say, all we have so far is the president, the rest of the house will be voted four weeks from now. Plus, the Front National never scored this good at a presidential election, so this isn't that bad for them, even if they didn't get as good score as they hoped.

On the big picture, I notice France is following Netherlands and Austria in rejecting far-right. Although they also rejected the main parties. French voted for a centrist, Austrians for an ecologist if I remember well. The Netherlands' prime minister is from a main party though.

Next elections of interest will be Germany in September.

• Like 2

I noted with grim humour, that one comment in the BBC coverage said "Congratulations to Angela Merkel on becoming the new President of France."

Particularly grim considering the pictures of Macron and Hollande side by side, commemorating VE day on the Champs-Élysées.

That would be this historic location:

B1IfH5bIEAAFHlD.jpg

France has some tough times ahead.

I predict Macron's pro-EU, pro-globalization, pro-immigration stance will see France descend into chaos in the next few years.

How can it not?

Unemployment in French youth is around 25%, a large percentage of which are immigrants. We've already seen the tragic results of homegrown terrorism in France, when social disenfranchisement meets religion in closed communities. How is this going to improve with open borders?

Britain will be going in the opposite direction in the coming years, and restricting its borders - especially if Macron joins in with the current EU rhetoric on taking a hard line with Brexit. Countries like France will effectively take over the role as the end point for economic migrants.

I'm sure that will end well with the continuing conflict in Syria, the shift towards dictatorship and the Islamification of Turkey, along with other potential flashpoints in Europe, e.g. Ukraine... :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Not sure about him, i think he will crack down on immigration though, wolf in sheeps clothing

This picture is the very reason Le Pen wasn't elected.

B1IfH5bIEAAFHlD.jpg

It was probably lost in translation, but the Front National is the descendant of the ligues natinalistes or ligues fascistes of the 1930s. The ones who proposed collaboration with Hitler, Mussolini, etc. It's hard to find anything on this in English, let me propose you all wikipedia articles:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far-right_leagues
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_far-right_movements_in_France

But still, Marine Le Pen got over a third of the vote, the French voter are seriously hinting their patience has limits.

They voted for the right with Sarkozy, it did fix the problems.
They voted for the left with Hollande, it did fix the problems.

This time, they voted for a new centrist politic formation with the youngest president in a while, if not ever. If it doesn't work, Le Pen will probably win next time.

Edit: There's also the fact that Marine is the daughter of the Jean-Marie, which gives a North Korean vibe to the party.

Edited by Gingitsune

On 5/7/2017 at 1:18 PM, preacherman76 said:
On 5/7/2017 at 3:15 PM, Gingitsune said:

Next elections of interest will be Germany in September.

... We should allow the 30 something % who voted with common sense to move here. Before the terrorist burn the place to the ground. Those are real refugees. 

What about the UK in June?

They will probably head for Russia instead, that is the direction the French normally go.

I have no idea why*, but it will be interesting to see the Brain-Drain actually work in Russia's favor, for the first time ever!

* oh yeah, Putin just banned GMOs and Jehovah's Witnesses! Score two for the last Cossack! :lol:

• Like 1

That's right, I totally forgot about UK in June! I need more sleep these days. :whistle:

so France decided to play it safe... in regards to the short term that is...
long term it could be bye bye France and hello EU regions ..

no EU or globalist boats rocked...

Puppet in place - 

Edited by bee