Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

California is home to the most UFO sightings

I've noticed that Hollywood movies about aliens invading Earth are unproportionally often set in Los Angeles. Maybe it is related.

Edit: If I were an alien I would probably go for the biggest lit-up area I could see on Earth during night-time. I think I've read that the biggest lit-up area is Mexico City. I've also seen that there are many UFO sightings there. Wonder if it is related.

Edited by fred_mc
  • Like 1

It's the most populous state so that makes sense.

• Like 6

I thought Mexico City had the biggest number of  UFO sightings. Must have changed?

9 hours ago, curiouse said:

I thought Mexico City had the biggest number of  UFO sightings. Must have changed?

Mexico City = ~9M vs California = ~ 40M in population. Probably the major factor..

I live in California and we have active airforce bases and vanderberg which launches space x and anti ballistic missle test. We experience all types of action and there is always at least 5 moving things in the sky moving at any given time. My house shakes often as c130 cargo planes fly low over my niehborhood. Lots of action in southern California. All of the most technology advanced aircraft in the world are developed and tested here.
Im sure there are people witness goverment craft mostly. The top secret kind you dont find out about till twenty years after thier service.

2 hours ago, BlackBearWolf said:

I live in California and we have active airforce bases and vanderberg which launches space x and anti ballistic missle test. We experience all types of action and there is always at least 5 moving things in the sky moving at any given time. My house shakes often as c130 cargo planes fly low over my niehborhood. Lots of action in southern California. All of the most technology advanced aircraft in the world are developed and tested here.
Im sure there are people witness goverment craft mostly. The top secret kind you dont find out about till twenty years after thier service.

I hate to burst your bubble, but that statement isn't true. Perhaps 'some' of the most technologically advanced aircraft in 'America' are developed and tested there. Certainly not all of them and certainly not in the whole world. :P

Although it definitely would be frustrating to always have cargo planes flying overhead and shaking up the whole neighbourhood :D

Edited by Unfortunately

19 hours ago, curiouse said:

Mescaline shortage.

7 hours ago, Unfortunately said:

I hate to burst your bubble, but that statement isn't true. Perhaps 'some' of the most technologically advanced aircraft in 'America' are developed and tested there. Certainly not all of them and certainly not in the whole world. :P

Although it definitely would be frustrating to always have cargo planes flying overhead and shaking up the whole neighbourhood :D

Ok not all ,but i stand by my statement that the most advanced are tested here. What aircraft are more top secret or advanced than the ones created at ratheon skunkworks and JPL(Pasadena) 

Ill admit groom lake test these planes that they create. But they are flying between bases in Nevada and  California.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BlackBearWolf said:

Ok not all ,but i stand by my statement that the most advanced are tested here. What aircraft are more top secret or advanced than the ones created at ratheon skunkworks and JPL(Pasadena) 

Ill admit groom lake test these planes that they create. But they are flying between bases in Nevada and  California.

I'm more inclined to agree with you on that one, it could be very likely that the most advanced 'American' aircrafts are tested there :) you would definitely know better than I in that regard.

22 minutes ago, Unfortunately said:

I'm more inclined to agree with you on that one, it could be very likely that the most advanced 'American' aircrafts are tested there :) you would definitely know better than I in that regard.

Just out of curiosity what country do you believe has more advanced aircraft than the United States?  Russia and China seem to be at least one generation behind.

1 hour ago, BlackBearWolf said:

48 minutes ago, BlackBearWolf said:

Just out of curiosity what country do you believe has more advanced aircraft than the United States?  Russia and China seem to be at least one generation behind.

Sorry about the double quote, I'm on my phone >.<

Well we're talking about top secret aircraft yeah? It's just my opinion but I would be inclined to say that Russia is much better at keeping things secret than America so there's a lot of potential there for them to have high-end aircraft. Top secret basically infers that the general populace shouldn't know about them. I'm certainly not saying Russia has definitively the best aircraft, but its not exactly an easy thing to prove one way or another when dealing with top-level secrets.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Russia has aircraft at least on par with America.