Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two Ghoulish Gems

rashore

A Menagerie of Mysterious Beasts: Ken Gerhard

Mysterious Kentucky, the Dark and Bloody Ground:Barton Nunnelly

I like to release book reviews in twos, for some reason. I think it’s because when I finish reading one really good book, it piques my appetite for another great read right away.

This time I’m pairing Ken Gerhard’s A Menagerie of Mysterious Beasts and Barton Nunnelly’s Mysterious Kentucky, the Dark and Bloody Ground. These two gentlemen, and I mean that in the highest sense of that word for they are both truly gentlemen, have each written a book with the word “mysterious” in the title and a wide swath of unexplained beasts and phenomena cavorting through the interior pages. While Gerhard goes global, however, Nunnelly sticks to his home turf of Ol’ Kentuck. Together or one at a time, these books provide a rich harvest of unknown tidbits that will have readers gobbling every word Gerhard and Nunnelly have served up. To quote the immortal request of Charles Dickens’ urchin Oliver Twist, all I can say is, “Please, sir, I want some more.”

https://lindagodfrey.com/2017/04/28/two-ghoulish-gems-book-reviews/

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rashore

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days