Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Last African dinosaur' discovered in Morocco

Carnoferox

• 1 month later...

'Last African dinosaur' discovered in Moroccan mine

One of the last dinosaurs living in Africa before their extinction 66 million years ago has been discovered in a phosphate mine in northern Morocco. A study of the fossil, led by the Milner Centre for Evolution at the University of Bath, suggests that following the breakup of the supercontinent Gondwana in the middle of the Cretaceous period, a distinct dinosaur fauna evolved in Africa.

Read more: Phys.org

• Like 3

Must have been the loneliest Dino in history ...

~

• Like 4

The dinosaur extinction 66 million years ago was a funny sort of extinction. There's still twice as many dinosaur species alive today as there are of the second most diverse vertebrate group, the mammals. And, roughly half of all mammals by species are vulnerable to predation by dinosaurs, and by individual most mammals are. Along with fish, they're also the most widely distributed  vertebrate group.

Lets be fair, the worst you can say about them is that after the K-Pg extinction is that  they on the  whole didn't re-radiate into large bodied niches. Although on many occasions they have done just that, producing the largest and top predators, and the largest herbivores in their ecosystem. 

Smart arsed ******** this is supposed to be mammal world. 

Edited by oldrover
  • Like 3

Perhaps we should ask the Crocodilians ... I'm sure they knows ...

~