Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"That's very interesting, Steve"

acute

3 minutes ago, acute said:

Sorry, Missed it!

Still don't get it. :blink:

Ascent: The act of going upward

Assent: the act of giving approval 

• Like 2

* An interesting piece of trivia I bet you didn't know: No one likes smart alecks who point out typological errors for the sake of weak jokes. :blush:

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

You don't seem to have picked up on my amusing picking up of what I suspect is a typographical error.

I had to look twice, Count von Dreidecker-I knew you wouldn't make a deliberate error re: the UK Constitutional practises just for funning purposes :whistle:

Edited by keithisco
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

* An interesting piece of trivia I bet you didn't know: No one likes smart alecks who point out typological errors for the sake of weak jokes. :blush:

No...No..stop it Count!!! my sides are splitting and it could get messy :P

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Ascent: The act of going upward

Assent: the act of giving approval 

Got it!

Nice one. :tu:

The placename 'Torpenhow' means 'Hill hill hill'.

• Like 1

Sponging some washing-up liquid along the teeth of a saw gives that tool a new lease of life.

• Like 2

During your lifetime, you will produce enough saliva to fill two swimming pools.

• Like 2

Spiders are the only species on the planet to be poisonous across the board to various degrees of strength.  In other words all spiders are poisonous.

• Like 3

The floating ballcock was invented by Thomas Crapper.

14 hours ago, acute said:

The placename 'Torpenhow' means 'Hill hill hill'.

And River Avon means "river river"

• Like 2

The first UK casualties of the Iraq war came from the Naval Air base just up the road from me. That's a fact I'll never forget. Four young men killed by 'friendly' fire.  

• Like 2

Humming birds don't actually hum, but on that note, the ancient aztecs believed that if you were a great warrior you could be reincarnated as a humming bird.

• Like 3

14% of British cows are diabetic.

• Like 2

there is a common urban legend that states that harvestmen incredibly venemous but have fangs too short to puncture skin. this is not true, they aren't even venemous at all.

they also want to hug you, all the time

• Like 3

Outside of Africa, the 'average' person has between 1 and 4 percent Neanderthal DNA.

In Africa, it is less.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, acute said:

Outside of Africa, the 'average' person has between 1 and 4 percent Neanderthal DNA.

In Africa, it is less.

That's because Neanderthal (the Neander valley) is in Germany, so if the Neanderthals emigrated from Africa it would probably have been generations earlier. 

• Like 2

* The bestselling movie, Fifty Shades of Grey, is viewed as a comedy in Bolivia, and its protagonist, Christian Grey, is regarded as a loveable clown figure similar to the way Mr. Bean is viewed in English speaking countries. 

• Like 2

"- If I bend forward hard enough I can look up and see my own a$$"

"- Uh-huh, that sounds very interesting, Steve..."

• Like 2

In the original draft for Revenge of the Jedi(later renamed, Return of the Jedi) Leia was not Lukes sister!  This makes sense when you think about it. In A New Hope how come Vader could only sense the force in Luke and yet felt nothing in Leia?

Also, there was no second Death Star either.  The movie was to end with Luke leaving his friends behind so he could seek out his sister and restore balance to the force - later dropped as Episode 7 by Lucas.  When Lucas altered the story for ROTJ, the man who had written it (in conjunction with ESB) walked out.

• Like 4

UK Prime Minister, Theresa May, was christened Theresa Mary Brasier.

The current, though one suspects not for too much longer, leader of the Labour party, Jeremy Corbyn, was formerly one of the operators of Sweep, the sidekick of well-loved kids' TV favourite Sooty.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

The current, though one suspects not for too much longer, leader of the Labour party, Jeremy Corbyn, was formerly one of the operators of Sweep, the sidekick of well-loved kids' TV favourite Sooty.  

I see no reason he can't remain head of the Party -- a party with no or few MOPs.  The way that party is structured, losing elections -- even being eliminated -- matters not so long as you have a certain core.