Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"That's very interesting, Steve"

acute

did you know that the new Renault 9 was Car of the Year in 1982? That must have been a very lean year. Can anyone think what one looked like? 

• Like 1

The medical name for your **** crack is"intergluteal cleft”.

• Like 2

1. Catch a fly.
  2. Place it in water.
  3. When it stops moving remove it and place the insect on a dry surface.
  4. Sprinkle salt onto it.
  5. Fly comes back to life.

Amaze friends or punters with your healing powers.

Edited by Big Mirk
  • Like 2

On Friday, May 12, 2017 at 10:32 AM, Frank Merton said:

Your agenda is not hard to discern.  It is pro-Putin and all he stands for, so I figure since Communism isn't around for you have a pro-Russian nationalist agenda, probably right from Putin's offices.  Harming the Israeli leadership with little irrelevant innuendos fits that.

Jeeze Frank....your agenda is close to accusing Manfred of being a Russian spy. 

Although there is a rumour he once worked for KGB and even met James Bond.......there is even a rumour that Manfreds real name is Valentin Zukoysky......there is even a rumour he knows Putin and has been seen polishing his boat. 

On that note....for those not aware

Putin served 15 years as a foreign intelligence officer for KGB

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Vladimir-Putin

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Big Mirk said:
  1. Catch a fly.
  2. Place it in water.

Does not work, i tried it. I left the fly in the water while i went shopping,  3 hours later when i returned, i took it out, sprinkled salt, waited a couple of minutes, sprinkled some more salt...repeated the sprinkling every 5 minutes..and after an hour eventually gave up as i could not find the fly among all the salt.

• Like 2

Trivia!

• Mosquitos have 37 teeth.
  • Spotted hyenas kill up to 95% of their food, contrary to the popular belief that they are scavengers.
  • Many Canadians find the way that many Americans pronounce "route" to be humorous.
  • The Russian language has a verb that means "to survive the winter."
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Does not work, i tried it. I left the fly in the water while i went shopping,  3 hours later when i returned, i took it out, sprinkled salt, waited a couple of minutes, sprinkled some more salt...repeated the sprinkling every 5 minutes..and after an hour eventually gave up as i could not find the fly among all the salt.

Um....look, whats that!

*Big Mirk does a runner*

• Like 2

Some cartoon DYKs (Did you know?)

* The titular character of Rocko's Modern life was originally intended to be yellow, but a company that was scheduled to make plushies of the characters requested that Rocko be re-done in beige. The plushies were eventually canceled, but Rocko remained beige for the series proper.

* Rugrats: The Movie was the first non-Disney animated film to gross 100 billion dollars!

*Doug, Rugrats and Ren and Stimpy films were planned in the early 90's but were scrapped. Doug would later go on to have a film once it was bought by Disney, and Rugrats received a film several years later. It's not know if the released Rugrats movie was like the original planned one or not.

* Throughout the entire run of Rugrats (1991-2004) Tommy Pickles wears shoes in only five episodes. For reference, the show had over 150 episodes.

* A finally episode for Angry Beavers was planned, but because of two rules Nickelodeon had, the finally was never finished. The rules were that a show could not acknowledge that it was ending and characters could not break the fourth wall. The finally ("Bye Bye Beavers") would have feature Norb and Dag finding out that their show was cancelled and get worried that they would be stuck in re-runs for eternity. Audio for the episode can be found on YouTube and fans have noted that the episode, had it been finished, would have been very meta.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Podo said:

Trivia!

• Mosquitos have 37 teeth.
  • Spotted hyenas kill up to 95% of their food, contrary to the popular belief that they are scavengers.
  • Many Canadians find the way that many Americans pronounce "route" to be humorous.
  • The Russian language has a verb that means "to survive the winter."

• Ah, I see. So that's why they take big chunks out of my arm when they are done feeding.
  • Who have spotted them?..and where did they spot them? What about those hyenas they didn't spot?
  • It is `raut´ for the Canuck's, and `root´ for the Yankees, right?
  • Back in the days I bet they had a verb that means; "to survive Stalin".

Edited by EllJay
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, EllJay said:

• Ah, I see. So that's why they take big chunks out of my arm when they are done feeding.
  • Who have spotted them?..and where did they spot them? What about those hyenas they didn't spot?
  • It is `raut´ for the Canuck's, and `root´ for the Yankees, right?
  • Back in the days I bet they had a verb that means; "to survive Stalin".

You got it backwards. We pronounce route identically to "root." Yanks often say "raut."

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Big Mirk said:
  1. Catch a fly.
  2. Place it in water.

that sounds suspiciously like the way that people such as Dr. Frankenstein started out. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Jeeze Frank....your agenda is close to accusing Manfred of being a Russian spy. 

Although there is a rumour he once worked for KGB and even met James Bond.......there is even a rumour that Manfreds real name is Valentin Zukoysky......there is even a rumour he knows Putin and has been seen polishing his boat. 

On that note....for those not aware

Putin served 15 years as a foreign intelligence officer for KGB

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Vladimir-Putin

On a sort of villain related theme, Hugo Drax, the villain off of Moonraker, was named after the father or some ancestor anyway of my local MP.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Podo said:

You got it backwards. We pronounce route identically to "root." Yanks often say "raut."

Yeah, I was just trying' to be a bit facetious. ;)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

did you know that the new Renault 9 was Car of the Year in 1982? That must have been a very lean year. Can anyone think what one looked like? 

13 hours ago, Matt221 said:

What a little beauty

4152017195243.jpg

The plate on this car clearly says "1982 RN 92".  This is obviously a 'show' model of the PHASE2 Renault 9, not available until 1983.

Can we stick to the FACTS please people? :lol:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

that sounds suspiciously like the way that people such as Dr. Frankenstein started out. 

*doc*

Who do you think your are!  One of those witch finder generals?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Big Mirk said:

*doc*

Who do you think your are!  One of those witch finder generals?

lol, you have been sussed out Sir Eldo, aka Sir Big Mirk aka Sir Frankenstein. I knew it, those noises from your basement were always suspicious. 

Got my models mixed sorry 

Y reg 1982

416201718374.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, EllJay said:

Yeah, I was just trying' to be a bit facetious. ;)

This thread is srs bsns.

bison.jpg

• Like 4

Chickens can’t taste sweetness in foods however they can detect salt, and most choose to avoid it.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Podo said:

This thread is srs bsns.

bison.jpg

Yeah I know - he told me jP4GdrV.png?1

AhJ8wZf.jpg

• Like 3

santa gets the keys every year! now that's some corruption.

• Like 2

If you write out pi to two decimal places, backwards it spells "pie".

4192017113155.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Matt221 said:

If you write out pi to two decimal places, backwards it spells "pie".

4192017113155.jpg

CLOSE THE THREAD!

Matt wins. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1