Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"That's very interesting, Steve"

acute

the Chairman of Lockheed Martin, purveyors of the world-beating F-35 Lightning II fighter, which is now almost always capable of taking off, flying around for a bit and landing successfully, is Marilyn Manson. 

• Like 2

* Oh no sorry, my mistake. Marilyn Hewson. 

• Like 2

Ivanka Trump, the real power behind the throne of America's hapless puppet Donald J. Trump, hosted a round table discussion during the State Visit to Saudi Arabia about "“women’s economic empowerment”". That's right! in Saudi Arabia! 

This is not a joke. 

• Like 1

During the California gold rush of 1849, miners sent their laundry to Honolulu for washing and pressing. Due to the extremely high costs in California during these boom years, it was deemed more feasible to send their shirts to Hawaii for servicing.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Ivanka Trump, the real power behind the throne of America's hapless puppet Donald J. Trump, hosted a round table discussion during the State Visit to Saudi Arabia about "“women’s economic empowerment”". That's right! in Saudi Arabia! 

This is not a joke. 

How did she get to the venue?

Ah..... a male chauffer, of course.

The Great Fire of London, in 1666, destroyed 13,200 houses, 87 parish churches, and St Paul's Cathedral.

It is estimated to have made nearly 90% of the city's inhabitants homeless.

• Like 1

Venus' days are longer than its years.

Mecury and venus are inferior planets, while Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune are superior planets. 

• Like 2

If you were queueing for a Plane, and you saw that someone in front of you's luggage was labelled 'CIA', should you be suspicious? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

If you were queueing for a Plane, and you saw that someone in front of you's luggage was labelled 'CIA', should you be suspicious? 

I would probably be more concerned about the luggage labeled TNT. :innocent:

In a 1989 book, Barry Sinrod and Mel Poretz revealed that 60% of people making more than $50,000 a year preferred the toilet paper to come over the roll, while 73% of those making under $20,000 preferred it to go under

18 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

So would anyone like to venture to suggest an answer to this? If you saw a label marked 'CIA' on someone's luggage, what might be implications be?

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker

While I'm waiting for an answer for, or to, the above, here's another very interesting fact: the opposite of xenophobia is philoxenia, literally meaning love of strangers but meaning the traditional hospitality that the Greeks extend to visitors (apart from EU Bankers). 

24 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

While I'm waiting for an answer for, or to, the above,

Are you getting this topic mixed up with Big Mirk's question thread?

it's an Interesting Fact! I'm just waiting for someone to ask me what is the meaning of it.

1 hour ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

So would anyone like to venture to suggest an answer to this? If you saw a label marked 'CIA' on someone's luggage, what might be implications be?

Ok. Is it Cockermouth International Airport?

No, but you're close. It is in fact the three letter code, as used on luggage tags etc, for Rome Ciampino Airport Ciampino Airport (CIA) (whose four letter code, interestingly, is LIRA, which of course used to be the Italian currency). Admittedly, if Government agents were travelling via there they would probably be travelling on a budget, as it's mostly used by Ryanair. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I would probably be more concerned about the luggage labeled TNT. :innocent:

14 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

No, but you're close. It is in fact the three letter code, as used on luggage tags etc, for Rome Ciampino Airport Ciampino Airport (CIA) (whose four letter code, interestingly, is LIRA, which of course used to be the Italian currency). Admittedly, if Government agents were travelling via there they would probably be travelling on a budget, as it's mostly used by Ryanair. 

I knew it, hence why I posted my little joke. 

TNT is the code for Dade Collier Airport in Miami.

I used to work at CPH. We allways liked Fukuoka Airport. :P

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 1

The Worlds largest toy manufacturer, LEGO, also makes more tires than any other company.

One LEGO brick can support up to 375.000 bricks on top of it before breaks.

LEGO is a family owned business and former CEO Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen's networth is estimated at 21,2 billion $, making him the richest man in Denmark. 

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 1

The word “facetiously” contains all 5 vowels and “y” in alphabetical order.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Matt221 said:

The word “facetiously” contains all 5 vowels and “y” in alphabetical order.

'Indivisibility' has only one vowel which occurs six times.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Matt221 said:

In a 1989 book, Barry Sinrod and Mel Poretz revealed that 60% of people making more than $50,000 a year preferred the toilet paper to come over the roll, while 73% of those making under $20,000 preferred it to go under

`Thanks Steve, that sounds really interesting...´

:P

My sir name contains all the vowels and if the e and a were the other way round they'd be in the correct order ....... bloody French ancestors couldn't even get that right.

5 minutes ago, Matt221 said:

My sir name contains all the vowels and if the e and a were the other way round they'd be in the correct order ....... bloody French ancestors couldn't even get that right.

Eaiou?

7 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I knew it, hence why I posted my little joke. 

TNT is the code for Dade Collier Airport in Miami.

I used to work at CPH. We allways liked Fukuoka Airport. :P

I yearn for the day someone organises a charter flight from OMG (Omega Airport, Namibia) to LOL (Lovelock City, Nevada)

• Like 1

And how about Sioux City, Iowa to Cochin, India? (Look them up.)