Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"That's very interesting, Steve"

acute

(3) the section of the River Thames that flows from its source thru Oxford is known as the Isis. This is also the name of the Oxford University student magazine, which has been going since 1892, and so I think can reasonably claim that it used the name first, so why should it change now. So if you ever meet anyone who says that they've made a contribution to Isis, there might not necessarily be any cause fro alarm, they may just have written a slightly effete poem about punting. :unsure2: 

• Like 2

"That's very interesting steve" Is in fact very interesting.......steve

• Like 1

When Stephen fry was recording the audiobook of Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets he had trouble with the phrase "Harry pocketed it" and asked his good friend J.K.Rowling to not use it again......... she made sure to include it in the next four books. :P

• Like 2

"Harry Potter's pockets" would, if it wouldn't probably be a copyright infringement, make a great name for a band. 

1 hour ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

"Harry Potter's pockets" would, if it wouldn't probably be a copyright infringement, make a great name for a band. 

...or ´Harry Pocket's Pottery´.

...or ´Parry Hotters Hockey´......or.......

Edited by EllJay

22 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

(3) the section of the River Thames that flows from its source thru Oxford is known as the Isis. This is also the name of the Oxford University student magazine, which has been going since 1892, and so I think can reasonably claim that it used the name first, so why should it change now. So if you ever meet anyone who says that they've made a contribution to Isis, there might not necessarily be any cause fro alarm, they may just have written a slightly effete poem about punting. :unsure2: 

My sister has an Isis brand TV!

Most Muppets are left-handed. (Because most Muppeteers are right-handed, so they operate the head with their favoured hand.)

• Like 2

Research by Colman's of Norwich, makers of mustard, has shown that they make most of their money from the mustard left on the plate.

The woolly mammoth was still around when the pyramids were being built.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Matt221 said:

Did they roll their sleeves up, or stand and watch?

;)

10 minutes ago, acute said:

Did they roll their sleeves up, or stand and watch?

;)

I'll give you a clue ..... They were lazy old b*****s

• Like 1

(Inspired by weej.....)

The famous Bayeux Tapestry, depicting the Battle of Hastings in 1066, is actually an Embroidery.

The Battle of Hastings was fought at the town called Battle. This provokes the question, was it already called Battle, in which case were the natives psychic in predicting that a famous battle would take place there, or was it the logical place for battles so that's where they all happened? You can see why they called it Battle of Hastings, though, Battle of Battle would just sound silly. 

• Like 1

King Harold of England, who was slain at the Battle of Hastings, had a tattoo over his heart that read: “Edith and England”

• Like 1

if you cut Mary Tudor, the infamous psychopathic religious fanatic Queen who reigned from 1553 to 1558, open, you would find the word "Calais" tattooed on her heart. 

She had it done on a day trip to the Carrefour hypermarket in 1556 to pick up some cheap wine and cigarettes.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

if you cut Mary Tudor, the infamous psychopathic religious fanatic Queen who reigned from 1553 to 1558, open, you would find the word "Calais" tattooed on her heart. 

She had it done on a day trip to the Carrefour hypermarket in 1556 to pick up some cheap wine and cigarettes.

Fake, therefore off-topic.

The Scottish island of Egg has 100 residents, including Charlie Galli, the only taxi driver.

15 minutes ago, acute said:

Fake, therefore off-topic.

i wish to protest. The first bit is true. She said so herself. "Cut me open", she said, "and you will find the word Calais engraved on my heart." It was probably in a film with Judi Dench. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

i wish to protest. The first bit is true. She said so herself. "Cut me open", she said, "and you will find the word Calais engraved on my heart." It was probably in a film with Judi Dench. 

I still say it's fake, because it was on FaceScroll back in the 16th century.

1 hour ago, acute said:

I still say it's fake, because it was on FaceScroll back in the 16th century.

It was also on YouTapestries.

• Like 1

In South Africa, the words woman and women are usually pronounced the same.

• Like 1

• Like 1

On ‎02‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 5:31 PM, Matt221 said:

21 minutes ago, Matt221 said:

I hope Steve finds this doubly interesting! :w00t:

Edited by acute
  • Like 1