Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"That's very interesting, Steve"

acute

Has anyone noticed that some sites out of a certain part of a certain country when one comments NO MATTER WHAT, they have 20 reasons posted there at their desk TO BLOCK THE COMMENT ? oh ha and get this..> true and happens all the time(sadly) and it was a ratings comment area for Sears Lawn-mowers or Hand Saws / drills etc for example. 

It is rather satisfying after one goes THROUGH the hassle of remembering one of your trashed garbage MAIL ! email addresses and then you do the play clicky fun thing then maybe do it again because nothing showed in email oh its just bliss. 

There is certainly no shortage of those type of sites either, if your review is not all bells and whistles or your comment has a tinge of not being flowery, nope purple monster DELETE! coming up!

<==============)===<> CLOSED FOR MODERATOR REVIEW <>==)==============>

• Like 1

Just 33,000 people live in this rugged landscape, but it's twelve times the size of Manchester. 

• Haha 1

The last known duel in France took place in 1967, when Gaston Defferre insulted René Ribière at the French Parliament and was subsequently challenged to a sword duel.

Ribière lost the duel, having been wounded twice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Trains may be Delayed, Cancelled or Subject to Diversion :yes: 

• 5 weeks later...

5%  of U.K. families are responsible for 50% of criminal arrests! :o

• Like 2

The DeLorean (as seen in Back To The Future) had a top speed of 110mph, but models sold in the US showed a maximum of 85mph on the speedometer, because that was the highest speedometer marking allowed by law.

• Like 1

In the area of the world colloquially known as Rip-off Britain, a single Snickers bar had a weight of 62.5g. This was reduced to 58g in 2009, and to 48g in 2013.

• Like 1

The tune of 'Forever Autumn' from 'Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds' was originally written as a jingle for a Lego commercial in 1969.

Edited by acute

In English, the name "Argentina" comes from the Spanish language, but the word itself is Italian not Spanish.

The masculine "Argentino" means (made) of silver, or silver-coloured, in Italian.

Edited by acute
  • Like 2

On 11/28/2018 at 5:56 PM, acute said:

It sounds as if this ^ ^ was 'alf-inched from Paul Simon!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

'alf-inched from

I think the phrase you're looking for is 'inspired by'.  B)

• Haha 1

Tic Tac mints are manufactured by the Italian company Ferrero SpA, and consist of 94.5% sugar.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Elton John's cover version of "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" features John Lennon on lead guitar & backing vocals under the pseudonym 'Dr. Winston O'Boogie'.

Heavy Snow and Blizzards are Expected to cause Confusion across Scotland :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Heavy Snow and Blizzards are Expected to cause Confusion across Scotland :lol: 

At least that one's true!

9 hours ago, acute said:

The popular Glastonbury Festival of Performing Arts is actually sited nearer Shepton Mallet than Glastonbury. It should properly be called Shepto rather than Glasto. 

• Haha 2

The name Shepton Mallet comes, as I'm sure you know, from The Town of the Sheep, on account of its importance in the wool trade.*. And to commemorate that, on a roundabout just outside town there is this rather endearing flock of sheep.

Image result for shepton mallet roundabout sheep

* real, not vegan 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, acute said:

No rose bush has thorns.

This is a blatant lie! Explain yourself, young man.

2 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

The name Shepton Mallet comes, as I'm sure you know, from The Town of the Sheep, on account of its importance in the wool trade.*. And to commemorate that, on a roundabout just outside town there is this rather endearing flock of sheep.

Image result for shepton mallet roundabout sheep

* real, not vegan 

I'm amazed one of those sculptures hasn't been stolen!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, acute said:

No rose bush has thorns.

1 hour ago, ouija ouija said:

This is a blatant lie! Explain yourself, young man.

They are not thorns, they are prickles!  

In common language, the terms are used more or less interchangeably, but in botanical terms, thorns are derived from shoots, spines are derived from leaves, and prickles are derived from epidermis tissue.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorns,_spines,_and_prickles

You are most welcome, and I graciously accept your apology. :yes:

Edited by acute
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a slice of seasonal Christmas triv. (that I discovered all by myself, after weeks of extensive research :yes:)

200 years ago, on 24 December 1818, the song “Silent Night, Holy Night” was sung for the first time in Oberndorf near Salzburg.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"""amazed one of those sculptures hasn't been stolen""   I'm amazed NO GLAD! those are sculptures  at first glance I thought we made a new sheep! NATURALLY ! s_shocked-10.gif?w=25&h=25&zoom=2 I was thinking when will those chemi~bio kids leave well enough alone!  Well the GOATS SPIDER THREAD doesn't count, that's stuff is out of this world incredible.

On 12/16/2018 at 3:13 AM, ouija ouija said:

I'm amazed one of those sculptures hasn't been stolen!

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1