Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"That's very interesting, Steve"

acute

2 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

Sorry, my brain won't let go of this! So at some point did the guy with the whitest teeth think to himself, "I could make a fortune selling this stuff!"?

There was the marketing flaw, surely. Most people could surely provide their own. :hmm: 

• Like 2

On 24/03/2018 at 7:30 PM, Matt221 said:

The Romans used to clean and whiten their teeth with urine. Apparently it works? .... Anyone?

This is true!

The ammonia found in urine acts as a bleaching agent because of the acidic content.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

There was the marketing flaw, surely. Most people could surely provide their own. :hmm: 

Ah yes, but surely not all urine has exactly the same chemical composition? That's why I said 'the guy with the whitest teeth'.

• Like 2

All my teeth fell out when I had my heart attack but guess what I leave my false teeth in overnight

• Like 1

Elton Musk, leader of the well known Californian cult Tesla, Inc., tweeted an April Fools' tweet that Tesla, Inc., was declaring bankruptcy, sending the Money Markets, no doubt, into turmoil. :o This was of course a joke, but it is somewhat ironic in view of the fact that Tesla, Inc., has in fact never come anywhere remotely near making a profit, and in fact in the last four years it has lost 9 Billion dollars. This doesn't matter, of course, to world-reshaping geniuses like Elton Musk, since they simply ignore it and add it onto the debt they've already accumulated. America's President Donald Trump has surprisingly not invited Elton Musk to join his Top Team as Treasury Secretary or anything. 

• Like 1

according to some Expert (possibly Sherry Turkle, author of Alone together: why we expect more from technology and less from each other), the typical Smart Phone user clicks, taps and swipes 2,617 times per day, which equatse, according to these same experts, to 145 minutes a day. 

• Like 1

the US government lied 935 times to get their desire of invading Iraq in 2003. (see Charles Lewis, 935 Lies: the future of truth and the decline of America’s moral integrity [2014])

• Like 1

The very first white lines on the road were painted on the London to Folkestone Road in Ashford, in 1914

• Like 2

The highest ever unclaimed lottery prize (in the world) was a winning Euromillions ticket worth £63,837,543.60,  bought in the Stevenage and Hitchin district of Hertfordshire, England, in 2012.

• Like 1

If you should wish to go to, say, Toronto, remember that when looking up cheap flights not to book a flight to Ontario airport, as that is in fact in California, USA, and is some way from where you wish to go. 

• Like 1

The first computer for business use was the LEO 1, which went operational in 1951. LEO (Lyons Electronic Office) I was developed by British catering and food manufacturing company J. Lyons and Co. It contained 6,000 valves and was used to add up the receipts of iced buns. The LEO series of computers operated until 1981.

leo_2051077c.jpg

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 3

A copy of a lost UK Public Information film starring Adam West as Batman, teaching kids about Kerb Drill, has just been found in Birmingham!

• Like 2

Following Marilyn Monroe's death, Joe DiMaggio was so devastated he held a private funeral barring all the Hollywood elite, and delivered roses to her grave three times a week for over 20 years. He never remarried, and his last words were, "I'll finally get to see Marilyn."

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Matt221 said:

Following Marilyn Monroe's death, Joe DiMaggio was so devastated he held a private funeral barring all the Hollywood elite, and delivered roses to her grave three times a week for over 20 years. He never remarried, and his last words were, "I'll finally get to see Marilyn."

He was not a fan of Sinatra or the Kennedy's either. :mellow:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

He was not a fan of Sinatra or the Kennedy's either. :mellow:

Hmmm frank sinatra I'm sure there's some VERY interesting Steve's about him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Frank Sinatra weighed 13.5 pounds (6.1 kg) at birth and had to be delivered with the aid of forceps, which caused severe scarring to his left cheek, neck, and ear, and perforated his ear drum, damage that remained for life.

• Like 2

According to The Pentagon, there has been a 2000% increase in Russian trolling activity in the last 24 hours.

• Like 1

In 1965, a patent was filed for a "birthing apparatus" which would spin pregnant women around at as much as 7G until their baby was flung out from the centrifugal force

• Haha 1

The oldest known condoms in the world were found in 1985 in a medieval toilet in Dudley Castle in the West Midlands. 

They were probably dropped in the toilet sometime before 1646, when the castle was surrendered to the Parliamentarians during the English Civil War.

They are made of animal and fish intestines.

condom-dudley.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If it weren't for the fact that it's a proper noun, and too long anyway, Iilaa'mpuul'xem's username would be worth 26 in Scrabble.

Edited by acute
  • Like 2

A man from Britain changed his name to Tim Pppppppppprice to make it harder for telemarketers to pronounce

• Like 2

The name of the clock tower at the Palace of Westminster (popularly known as Big Ben) is The Elizabeth Tower.  The tower and clock have been undergoing a refurb, and the clock currently has no hands.

• Sad 1