Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"That's very interesting, Steve"

acute

It is illegal to live on the streets as a homeless person in Hawaii.

Edited by acute
  • Like 1

I've got an interesting fact about the Ricky Mountains: The Rocky Mountains were initially formed from 80 million to 55 million years ago during the Laramide orogeny, in which a number of plates began to slide underneath the North American plate. Laramide orogeny is a phrase you really have to try to get into a conversation sometime.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

I've got an interesting fact about the Ricky Mountains: The Rocky Mountains were initially formed from 80 million to 55 million years ago during the Laramide orogeny, in which a number of plates began to slide underneath the North American plate. Laramide orogeny is a phrase you really have to try to get into a conversation sometime.

I reckon, the Rocky Mountains are gigantic rock-hard Georgian Hot Cross Buns.  :yes:

The influential Conservative back-bench 1922 Committee was formed in 1923!

• Like 1

If you  die in Amsterdam with no next of kin, and no friends or family to prepare funeral or mourn over the body, a poet will write a poem for you and recite it at your funeral

• Like 4

The man who found the 5,000 year old corpse Ötzi the Iceman in 1991 (Oldest natural European mummy) was also found dead frozen in ice in 2004.

• Like 3

Would you pass a British citizen test?

One in three fail the exam to settle in the UK, but how well would you do?

I bet you never knew question #7. 

1 hour ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Would you pass a British citizen test?

One in three fail the exam to settle in the UK, but how well would you do?

I bet you never knew question #7. 

I failed!!!

I can't remember question #7, but it doesn't matter anyway, cuz I'm gonna be thrown out of the country any minute now.

• Like 2

I could do better,really is that an option your either in or out

Heart attacks are more likely to happen on a Monday,I had mine on a Friday so bloom blew that out of the water

• Like 3

The USA is approximately 40 times the size of the UK.

There are 11 states that are larger in area than England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland, combined.

1. Alaska is equal to 7.05 UKs
2. Texas is equal to 2.86 UKs
3. California is equal to 1.74 UKs
4. Montana is equal to 1.56 UKs
5. New Mexico is equal to 1.29 UKs
6. Arizona is equal to 1.21 UKs
7. Nevada is equal to 1.17 UKs
8. Colorado is equal to 1.11 UKs
9. Oregon is equal to 1.04 UKs
10. Wyoming is equal to 1.03 UKs
11. Michigan is equal to 1.03 UKs

(That's why Americans say things like "only a 3-hour drive" or "just 200 miles outside of London" :lol:)

• Like 3

During the chariot scene in "Ben Hur," a small red car can be seen in the distance.

• Like 3

On the day of The Queen's Speech (like today!) when the Queen goes to the Palace of Westminster to outline the government's legislative agenda, a Member of Parliament is taken 'hostage' by Buckingham Palace, until the safe return of the monarch.

The custom dates back to the mid-17th century, when Parliament and Royalty were not on such friendly terms, following the English Civil War.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, acute said:

On the day of The Queen's Speech (like today!) when the Queen goes to the Palace of Westminster to outline the government's legislative agenda, a Member of Parliament is taken 'hostage' by Buckingham Palace, until the safe return of the monarch.

The custom dates back to the mid-17th century, when Parliament and Royalty were not on such friendly terms, following the English Civil War.

Can we choose who it is, and can we ask them to keep them indefinitely on some trumped-up pretext? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Can we choose who it is, and can we ask them to keep them indefinitely on some trumped-up pretext? 

Nice idea!  Then he can build a wall around Buck Pal and get the Commons to pay for it.

You wouldn't guess it by third_eye's posts, but.....

The only officially recognised language in Malaysia is English.

(Sorry, Mr.Eye, only kidding)

• Like 3

Shakespeare invented the word "assassination" and "bump."

Ps I think I should get out more

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Matt221 said:

Shakespeare invented the word "assassination" and "bump."

Ps I think I should get out more

That's interstign because the Asassins were of course a Persian sect who made a name for themselves by being, well, hired assassins. The word, of course, deriving from "hashish".  

• Like 1

Just now, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

That's interstign because the Asassins were of course a Persian sect who made a name for themselves by being, well, hired assassins. The word, of course, deriving from "hashish".  

Shakespeare was a stoner .... I knew it,I mean who writes plays about teenagers topping them selves,and a play called macbeth only you mustn't call it by its name it has to be called the Scottish play,bonkers I tell ya lol

• Like 1

I just heard on the tv a female aphid can produce a metric ton of aphids in a year ...... I think they  are telling lies

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Matt221 said:

I just heard on the tv a female aphid can produce a metric ton of aphids in a year ...... I think they  are telling lies

Excuse me.... We don't have suppositions on here.

;)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Matt221 said:

Shakespeare was a stoner .... I knew it,I mean who writes plays about teenagers topping them selves,and a play called macbeth only you mustn't call it by its name it has to be called the Scottish play,bonkers I tell ya lol

Here's the reason that Macbeth is called "The Scottish Play".....

In times gone by, theatres showing an unsuccessful play would scrap it mid-run and change to a play with a smaller cast. Invariably, Macbeth.

It was uttered in hushed tones in the theatrical world, because it was a sign that your play was a dud.

• Like 1