Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"That's very interesting, Steve"

acute

15 minutes ago, Matt221 said:

Howard Goodall's QI theme tune contains a secret message in Morse code. The first bit is clearly WWW (di dah dah, di dah dah, di dah dah), and the rest is: 'AlanZeroAndStephenHero.com' (the 'zero' is the figure 0, five dashes, dah-dah-dah-dah-dah).

Alan is not a zero, he usually scores much less than that. :P 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Matt221 said:

Howard Goodall's QI theme tune contains a secret message in Morse code. The first bit is clearly WWW (di dah dah, di dah dah, di dah dah), and the rest is: 'AlanZeroAndStephenHero.com' (the 'zero' is the figure 0, five dashes, dah-dah-dah-dah-dah).

I watch QI, and I know Morse Code, but I never noticed that!

Di-dah-dah dit di-dah-di-dit di-dah-di-dit 

dah-di-dit dah-dah-dah dah-dit dit dah-di-dah-di-dah-dah.

• Like 1

I just love a bit of backward masking!

If this works.....  This bit of ELO's 'Fire On High' when reversed says:  "The music is reversible, but time is not. Turn back!  Turn back!  etc..."

Actually.... stick with it.  It's a really good tune! (starting at 1:28ish)  Wait for the acoustic to kick in!

Edited by acute
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, acute said:

I just love a bit of backward masking!

If this works.....  This bit of ELO's 'Fire On High' when reversed says:  "The music is reversible, but time is not. Turn back!  Turn back!  etc..."

Actually.... stick with it.  It's a really good tune! (starting at 1:28ish)  Wait for the acoustic to kick in!

That's it, we can can play that in the George on our instremunts

• Like 1

Queen's 'Another One Bites The Dust' allegedly contains a subliminal message.

Personally, I think it's crap!

Edited by acute

Ok........ Last one............

'Revolution 9' by The Beatles says "Turn me on, dead man" when played backwards.

It was part of a publicity stunt claiming that Paul McCartney was dead.  That's why he's the only one wearing no shoes on the 'Abbey Road' front cover.

Popweekbeatles_1475738c.jpg

Also.... the plate on the VW Beetle (Beatle?) is LMW 281F.
IE:  Paul would have been 28 IF he was alive.

Edited by acute

Interestingly, the VW Beetle on the cover of the Beatles' Abbey Road album, which belonged to a local resident and was there (parked half on the pavement) purely by chance, was sold at auction in 1986 for $23,000 and is now in the VW Museum in Wolfsburg, Germany. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Interestingly, the VW Beetle on the cover of the Beatles' Abbey Road album, which belonged to a local resident and was there (parked half on the pavement) purely by chance, was sold at auction in 1986 for $23,000 and is now in the VW Museum in Wolfsburg, Germany. 

Yes. It was parked there by chance, but it fitted in nicely with the publicity stunt.

If the Beatles had put it there, though, the registration would be JPM 281F.

On September 11, 2001, paul Mccartney on an airplane in New York City. He looked out the window and saw one of the planes crash into the Twin Towers. Paul said that after he got off the plane, he went right to a bar to get a drink.

• Like 1

Although it is in Europe politically, Greenland is geologically part of North America.

• Like 1

Emmanuel Macron is not, as some think, the recently elected president of France, but is in fact actually a type of biscuit made with almond, available from any reputable patisserie anywhere on the left side of the West Bank in Paris.

• Like 1

Japanese tourists when visiting Paris sometimes have to be sent back to Japan because they suffer from extreme shock sometimes called “Paris Syndrome.” It is because they were completely unprepared for the reality of Paris not being the greatest place in the world.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Emmanuel Macron is not, as some think, the recently elected president of France, but is in fact actually a type of biscuit made with almond, available from any reputable patisserie anywhere on the left side of the West Bank in Paris.

True trivia?

:td:

During the 1998 World Cup campaign, the England football team had a bet amongst themselves to see how many song titles they could shoehorn into their interviews.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, acute said:

During the 1998 World Cup campaign, the England football team had a bet amongst themselves to see how many song titles they could shoehorn into their interviews.

Alan Shearer right at the end pure genius, as a little fact he used to by all his and his family's jewelry from a shop my Mrs worked in 

• Like 1

The fastest red card in football/soccer history was 2 seconds. Lee Todd was sent off for foul language after he exclaimed “**** me that was loud” after the starting whistle. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt221 said:

The fastest red card in football/soccer history was 2 seconds. Lee Todd was sent off for foul language after he exclaimed “**** me that was loud” after the starting whistle. 

Hahaha! That is brilliant!

I've gotta find that on YouTube! :D

• Like 1

If you were to book a ticket to Hollywood International Airport, you might put a bit of mileage on your hire car if you wanted to tour Beverley Hills etc, as it is actually at Fort Lauderdale in Florida. 

• Like 2

The world's tallest air traffic control tower is at Thailand’s New Bangkok International Airport. At 434 feet, it’s as tall as a 40-story skyscraper.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Matt221 said:

Sadly, I have drawn a blank on finding a video of this.

The name Inca meant something like "The ruling family" and was not the name of a country or people. The countrys name was Tawantinsuyu. I suppose this goes a long way explaining why we name the country for its ruler, instead of its real name.

On the other hand the original name of the Aztec people, Mexihcah, did end up as the name of a country.

• Like 1

The word Kangaroo sadly probably does not mean "I dunno" in Aboriginal*, as according to the popular story about when one of the first settlers to land in the land of Australia asked one of the locals (shortly before infecting them with smallpox or something) what that funny animal was over there hopping about.

* this is probably not the correct term now, please amend accordingly and i apoligise for any distress that may have been caused

• Like 1

Blue whales are so enormous that a human being could swim through their largest veins and arteries

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Darkenpath25 said:

Blue whales are so enormous that a human being could swim through their largest veins and arteries

On the other hand a Blue Whale can't swallow anything bigger than a grapefruit. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

* this is probably not the correct term now, please amend accordingly and i apoligise for any distress that may have been caused

Sadly, they are known as 'Alcoholics' now.

The politically correct term is Native American Australians, or something.

Edited by acute