Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Someone is on my bed

UM-Bot

By: Not afraid anymore | Location: Indianapolis

One night I wasn't asleep or tired or anything, but I had to get up early in the morning, so I went to bed. I turn my fan on as usual and lay down, I turn over so the fan doesn't blow in my face. I'm the only one in my apartment. 

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/111845/someone-is-on-my-bed

• 2 weeks later...

Like you, I sleep with a fan too, alone in my small apartment. I have french doors to my bedroom and usually left them open. One night, I had such a vivid dream (had to be a dream) that felt so real. I man was hovering over me as I lay on my side. I could feel his breath. I told myself, if I don't move and its not real, he'll go away. But I kicked out, waking myself. This was the worst dream I have ever had to the point I now lock my bedroom door. Not pleasant in summer. You may have had a dream that seemed real due to it being so vivid. Still scary though.

11 minutes ago, sestra15 said:

Like you, I sleep with a fan too, alone in my small apartment. I have french doors to my bedroom and usually left them open. One night, I had such a vivid dream (had to be a dream) that felt so real. I man was hovering over me as I lay on my side. I could feel his breath. I told myself, if I don't move and its not real, he'll go away. But I kicked out, waking myself. This was the worst dream I have ever had to the point I now lock my bedroom door. Not pleasant in summer. You may have had a dream that seemed real due to it being so vivid. Still scary though.

I know what you mean about fans, especially if you mean the small portable kind.  Sometimes I have as many as 3 fans running at night (one is overhead), as much for the soothing effect of white noise as anything.  I tend to credit the fans with a lot of creepy night-time occurrences such as sensations of a hand touching my arm, whispering in my ear, or a 'moth wing' effect over my face.  Those dreams of a shadowman entering the bedroom and touching me or whispering in my ear happen about once a week.  I've been having them for about 10 years steadily, and although it's disruptive to my sleeping patterns, it doesn't scare me much.  I think these dreams are caused by symptoms of PTSD in my case.  I'd be very interested in hearing other people's explanations though.

Nice little story for the stories section. 

Just got to ask why people who think they have seen or felt a ghost, bring religion into it, if the alleged ghost was not religious then the alleged ghost would not care what you say.  Why would you even think the alleged ghost would be affected by your religious beliefs? The belief in Jesus and his "powers" does not affect those who do not believe in him or his powers. It just does not work that way.

If according to certain religious, the dead go to heaven, then why are they still  hanging around on Earth? 

So without looking, I said, what in Jesus name do you want?

- See more at: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/111845/someone-is-on-my-bed#sthash.6bnRf6FP.dpuf

Sleep paralysis (SP)

The above link talks about a state of sleep named sleep paralysis. (you may enjoy reading the book, "The Promise of Sleep"--There is a lot more to sleep than anyone of us thinks!!!). I have fallen into this state maybe two or three times in my life. Some people fall into it as often as weekly.

Anytime you hear or read about a person being in bed and they feel like someone is pressing down on the, heard to breath, bed shaking, bed levitating, seeing another person in their bedroom or closet, unable to speak, paralyzed, etc. it is almost always from being in the state of SP.

I have a thing that happens to me right when I flip into sleep. It may be a loud noise or a face in my face that shout's, "John!" My wife says it is PTSD from an experience when a guy was trying to kill me (about 8 years ago). Fortunately it is lessening in severity and in frequency.

F2R, interesting take. I have the opinion that SP is the reason for mankind having spiritual thinking in each and every culture, be the thinking right or be it wrong. How else could a person rationalize these "experiences" that are so realistic.

• Like 1

Hey, I think I might be able to help you. 

I've been studying the rake for a while now. He's a cryptic creature (a creature that has not yet been proven to exist). Some examples of this would be bigfoot and the lochness monster. I promise you I wouldn't post anything on any media, but could you by any chance give me some details? I'm pretty sure you saw the rake. The rake is a creature described as a naked man or large, hairless dog. It has greyish skin, and dark, sometimes hollow eyes. It can be very scary to encounter him. He is said to induce nightmares of the creature simply sitting at the end of the bed, observing it's victim. It supposedly feeds off of sanity. I'm new here and do not know 100% about this website, but if it's possible, could you DM me? I might be able to give you some more info. I do think it was a great idea not to look at them  I would recommend sticking with that . I would NOT recommend looking up info about the rake. I don't want you to scare yourself.

I really do wish you the best of luck:)

Edited by IronLex

• 2 weeks later...

I have felt this sensation on many occasions and I was not asleep. On another occasion while asleep something slapped my legs very hard which woke me up very startled, I would love to know who or what this is!

• 5 months later...